Bionice RETURNS

Hello and a good day to you all, BzP. Since I don't know how else to tell y'all in any other way than this, I shall announce it in this forum. If I made a mistake of sorts, please do accept my humble apologies for that. 

Now, on behalf of Piece Out; Bionicle Moccists, it is my pleasure to tell you that Bionicle is going to return to us in 2015.

Leaked image (assuming it's legitimate) removed. -B6

This is the proof neccesary in order to conclude its return. Please share and spread the news! It was discovered by the one and only Des Desworth. He is a hero!

Cheerio!

Edited by Black Six
  • Upvote 5

Was he able to tell if it used the HF build system?

I doubt it, since most of these look more like scrapped 2005 prototypes - even the box art is similar to the Rahaga (top row), Sidorak (second row, center), Visorak (the right of that), and Nuju (at the bottom.) 

Skeptical.

-Tyler

• Upvote 2

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

I'm not sure what to say. Do I fiercely doubt it's real (if it is fake, it's a very convincing one), or do I report for leaked images (but I want everyone to see!), or do I go throw a massive party in anticipation? I don't know. Honestly, I don't think I ever expected this moment.

Well, from what I can tell from what we can see of the boxes (assuming it is real), we'll have HF-based builds with some new pieces to add that Bionicle feel. Looks like we probably have a struggle for the Mask of

Life, which makes sense. I can't tell if that spider walker is piloted by a tiny Matoran or is just a vehicle set though.

I see fire, ice, and electricity. A good variation (though it's hard to tell). Finally we'll get a Toa of Electricity!

I'm still not totally sold, but I 'll at least have a little hope.

EDIT: Look at the electricity pieces (second row, left side), torso on the white guy and the spider's legs. Those are clearly HF pieces (fire/ice pieces from Breakout, 2.0 chest armor and new claw pieces found in sets like Tunneler Beast and the Queen).

Edited by Click
  • Upvote 1

I doubt it, since most of these look more like scrapped 2005 prototypes - even the box art is similar to the Rahaga (top row), Sidorak (second row, center), Visorak (the right of that), and Nuju (at the bottom.) 

Skeptical.

-Tyler

Also note the pose of the set in the upper right corner. Matau Hordika has the exact same pose.

On the other hand, didn't the visorak prototypes have just four legs?

• Upvote 1

banner1.png

I'm highly skeptical. As has already been said, they could easily be prototypes from earlier years, or alternatively an edit of a fan-made idea (or, indeed, a deliberate spoof by somebody out there on the interwebs).

EDIT: Look at the electricity pieces (second row, left side), torso on the white guy and the spider's legs. Those are clearly HF pieces (fire/ice pieces from Breakout, 2.0 chest armor and new claw pieces found in sets like Tunneler Beast and the Queen).

'Clearly' is not the word I'd have used. The image quality is so low that I'd call it impossible to recognise ANY pieces.

I don't think a single, unclear image is an indication that Bionicle's coming back - let alone 'proof'.

• Upvote 2

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

Also note the pose of the set in the upper right corner. Matau Hordika has the exact same pose.

Also note the closeness of the legs and the HF upper legs. It's a Matoran with the Hero Factory building system. There's also those claw pieces introduced in Savage Planet on the little spider guys in the corner of some boxes.

Honestly, I'm still skeptical too. I just want to point out this is not just a salvaged '04, '05 image. It has plenty of Hero Factory pieces if you look closely.

Edited by Click

It might look a tad unconvincing yeah, but the source this originated from has proven himself right before with HeroFactory and its new builds. We trust this source and therefore await the coming with positivity. If this is a fake, it's the best fake ever and we all fell for it, but seeing as it is, I suppose it isn't the case yet.

Looking closely at the image, it appears that the visorak uses the new HF feet from Tunneler Beast. It also looks like the white set on the bottom has HF torso armor with the Super Heroes chest piece added on. 

"I pitea the fool!"

(quote by Chro)

98.7% OF BZPOWER MEMBERS HAVEN'T SEEN MY BUCKET 

IF YOU ARE ONE OF THE 1.3% THAT HAS SEEN MY BUCKET, COPY THIS AND PASTE IT INTO YOUR SIGNATURE

I MISS MY BUCKET 

Hmm.

A lot of things here look like they could be Hordika-era prototypes, but the banner thing doesn't fit. Even if it were Hordika-era prototype stuff, that banner would be completely different.

Suffice to say, I'm not sold either way.

• Upvote 1
rsz_screenshot_from_un_chien_andalou.jpg
My Writing Blog (more writing coming soon!)

My Bionicle/LEGO Blog (defunct)

Hyfudiar on Spotify (noise/drone/experimental music)

Yeah, because 2005 prototypes show up in 2014 (#logic). There is also the fact you can clearly see Hero Factory pieces. 

It is real, otherwise we would never agree to share it with the rest of the Bionicle community. We from Piece Out have been discussing it for days now. 
May I also add that the source has been right with previous Hero Factory sets as well.

Edited by Sparkytron
  • Upvote 2

I had a signature once

it's gone now

Yeah, because 2005 prototypes show up in 2014 (#logic)

There is also the fact you can clearly see Hero Factory pieces. 

We have seen a surprising influx of previously unseen early Bionicle stuff recently. Prototypes turning up nine years later isn't that odd.

rsz_screenshot_from_un_chien_andalou.jpg
My Writing Blog (more writing coming soon!)

My Bionicle/LEGO Blog (defunct)

Hyfudiar on Spotify (noise/drone/experimental music)

I can't shake the fact that it is likely a fake, although I'd definitely be curious to see some of these sets if they do come out. Is anyone else seeing Kopaka somewhere in the bottom row?

Well somebody did say that this is 100% Real,and not a Fake.

Unfortunately that might mean that it is a fake image, the creator of which is desperately trying to make sound legitimate.

Edited by Artakha's Nephew
  • Upvote 1

Find (digital) me under the name Azani on YouTube, Eurobricks, Discord, the BioMedia Project and the TTV Message Boards.

Please check out Project AFTERMAN on Tumblr and Facebook; I'm proud to have worked as their PR Manager and as a writer.

AAZZ.jpg

i'm gonna provide a third insider opinion here - apparently the source, Des, has in fact been correct about upcoming sets before. i can also confirm that if this is a fake, it's something Des is fooling everyone with, not just people outside of Piece Out. they've been discussing this for a while within that group as well.

i'm still pretty skeptical about all this, but i've long said that there's a good chance of Bionicle's return in the near future and well...this may be it. i'm not getting my hopes up, though.

Edited by Trans Girl Tamaru
  • Upvote 5

i'm gonna provide a third insider opinion here - apparently the source, Des, has in fact been correct about upcoming sets before. i can also confirm that if this is a fake, it's something Des is fooling everyone with, not just people outside of Piece Out. they've been discussing this for a while within that group as well.

i'm still pretty skeptical about all this, but i've long said that there's a good chance of Bionicle's return in the near future and well...this may be it. i'm not getting my hopes up, though.

Who is this "Des Desworth", again?

Find (digital) me under the name Azani on YouTube, Eurobricks, Discord, the BioMedia Project and the TTV Message Boards.

Please check out Project AFTERMAN on Tumblr and Facebook; I'm proud to have worked as their PR Manager and as a writer.

AAZZ.jpg

And who/what is Piece Out for that mater?

• Upvote 1

Are signatures still a thing?

He has leaked a picture of Furno XL before. I actually know him, I'll contact him about the picture as soon as I can.

• Upvote 2

Hail Denmark

Piece Out is a group for Bionicle MOCists. you can find it mainly on Facebook, but there are other branches as well. as for Des, he only has YouTube and Facebook accounts. as a side note, we in PO are pretty sure he's going to get fired from his job for this.

Edited by Trans Girl Tamaru
  • Upvote 1

He has leaked a picture of Furno XL before. I actually know him, I'll contact him about the picture as soon as I can.

Piece Out is a group for Bionicle MOCists. you can find it mainly on Facebook, but there are other branches as well. as for Des, he only has YouTube and Facebook accounts. as a side note, we in PO are pretty sure he's going to get fired from his job for this.

Thanks for explaining both the man and his group. It's good to have at least a bit of detail on who the providers of this image are.

If it's fake, then there's nothing to discuss.

If it's real, someone violated LEGO's NDA, which is rather frowned upon here.

And if we don't know, as it stands at the moment, then there's plenty to discuss. Right?

AAZZ.jpg

I'm surprised this made it to BZP... Personally, I wouldn't have posted it here, and for the few days I've known about this, I kept it to myself. :P I hope Des doesn't lose his job over this. 

From what I've heard about Des, there's actually a good chance this is legitimate. He predicted Brain Attack before it came out, and he is in a position, having the job he does, that allows him to make pretty accurate predictions. I do believe that this is the most solid evidence I've seen thus far that supports the return of BIONICLE. I'll also point out that this news correlates with the upcoming 2015 constraction line... However, just given the nature of this news, I remain skeptical, and I think everyone else should as well. 

• Upvote 1
Bliss.png

Skeptical.

-Tyler

Sure did.

2xu8Ptu.png

However, just given the nature of this news, I remain skeptical, and I think everyone else should as well.

Indeed. News about new lines that is leaked around a year in advance is always unreliable to some degree. Even if it was Lego's CEO that came out with this news, I still wouldn't be sure about it.

Was the new constraction theme slated for the summer of 2015, or the winter?

AAZZ.jpg

Well, I suppose I'll post this here as well.

But that's the exact same picture as in the first post.

Oops, I assumed the first picture was this: Leaked image (assuming it's legitimate) removed. -B6

That was rather stupid of me...

Edited by Black Six
  • Upvote 1
Bliss.png

Oops, I assumed the first picture was this: Leaked image (assuming it's legitimate) removed. -B6

I haven't seen that one yet, too bad I can't make out anything on it  :P Edited by Black Six

Hail Denmark

...Those are pretty obviously the same as existing sets. Edited by Black Six

2xu8Ptu.png

*Grabs a chair and popcorn*

Alrighty, so the options on the table right now is:

1. It's legit
  2. It's a fake

If it's the first, awesome. Neato. Cheers around the house.

If it's the later, then we've been pranked. And considering how I know the member of Piece Out, this would be one odd prank. That, or Des is being a 'wonderful person' again.

• Upvote 1

...Those are pretty obviously the same as existing sets.

At a first glance, yes, but I see some differences. Both pictures look shady to me, but I think this one is actually the better of the two. There's just a lot of things off about the first picture...

Edited by Black Six
Bliss.png