Completely Off Topic Rules

Completely Off Topic Rules

Welcome to COT! Here's a new and updated set of rules to help keep things running in this forum.

-- This topic's tag will always reflect the date of the latest update. Information on what was updated will always be found in the "Recent Updates" section at the end of this post. --

What belongs here:

All discussion of things not related to LEGO goes in this forum. You will also find text games either related to BZPower (Describe the Sig, etc.) or off-topic in their own right (Would You Rather?, etc.).

Note that all off-topic creative works and RPGs now have their own forum, Off-Topic Culture.

This forum also allows special topics for members on their birthday. Birthday topics for staff members and Retired Staff, however, go in General Discussion.

Note that posts do not add to your active post count in this forum.

General rules:

All of BZPower's Rules and Guidelines must be followed. Please ask us if you have any questions about them!

To clarify on inappropriate content - this rule includes linking to other sites with sexual content, excessive language, and otherwise inappropriate content. See the Advertising Policy for details.

Use the report link! The link can be found to the right below a post. Use this to notify the staff of any violations.

A note on official topics:

Topics will be made official by the COT staff based on need and activity; approval over PM is no longer needed. Because of this, please do not use the qualifiers "Official" or "Unofficial" in your topic titles to avoid any confusion.

Approval is no longer needed for text games as well; you are free to post without having PMed a Forum Leader first.

Double posting is allowed in all official topics as well.

--

Thank you all for reading. I will leave this topic open in case anyone has a question about these rules that they would like to ask the COT staff. On behalf of all the BZPower staff, we hope you enjoy your time here!

Sincerely,

-Windrider-

COT Forum Leader

--

Recent Updates:

03/17/2016: Double posting allowed in official topics.

03/10/2016: Rules condensed and streamlined further.

• Upvote 1

• 5 months later...

So if your topic doesn't get noticed in 60 days, it will never be noticed? That's not really fair, in my opinion.

It's standard for most forums on BZPower. If you want a lengthier kind of explanation for the revival rules, I've tried to write one out here.

But in essence, it's very rare for topics to go over 60 days without a post. And if it does happen, there's nothing stopping you from posting it again here!

• Upvote 1

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Is it safe so start a similar topic if one has passed the 60 day revival, especially in terms of Text Games? Or is there no limit to those?

~Soran

Text games follow the 60-day revival rule, but it's totally okay to start one up again if a previous iteration has died.

• 11 months later...

what about faith in God? 

"God is watching as we speak!

Jesus Christ, our Lord and savior, I welcome you in my life!

I repent ov my sins!

i have a new faith in God!

God bless!" ~TheZombieJ, 2017

just asking...

That would fall under BZP's religion rule:

Religious sigs, posts, and PMs are not allowed on BZPower. This includes quotes from the Bible, Koran, or other religious publications, as well as statements or sigs such as "Jesus Loves You" or "Proud to be a Christian."

UnsuspectingButts.thumb.png.2a71dabd3565a645b7127215b282d46b.png

what about faith in God? 

"God is watching as we speak!

Jesus Christ, our Lord and savior, I welcome you in my life!

I repent ov my sins!

i have a new faith in God!

God bless!" ~TheZombieJ, 2017

just asking...

That would fall under BZP's religion rule:

Religious sigs, posts, and PMs are not allowed on BZPower. This includes quotes from the Bible, Koran, or other religious publications, as well as statements or sigs such as "Jesus Loves You" or "Proud to be a Christian."

okay thanks, Terton! :)

• 3 years later...
34 minutes ago, -Windrider- said:

@Mushy the Mushroom

Two of the ones you mentioned, Describe the Avatar and Describe the Sig, are still good. Basically, if it's been under four months since the last post, it ain't dead.

The others are, though, but you can definitely make new topics if you want to start those up again.

Awesome, I thought it was only a two month post limit. Thanks so much!! :)

goldy.jpg.2a929e25bde483fa0a84efa39cb7af8d.jpgIMG_7223(2).jpg.62624129031c1e2fd7df50d70b18f765.jpggoldy.jpg.2a929e25bde483fa0a84efa39cb7af8d.jpg

IMG_0692.GIF.3309bb29bcc7460f3b8786a87af44771.png.da7133cb92dbb2189370ddfa6f4d46de.png Member-Made Emote Topic h.jpg.3e4ad884a1ceef85d03b81b5df0c09ef.jpg

Original Mush art thanks to @Bambi