Bionicle Encyclopedia: The History of the Matoran Universe

A while ago I started working on an encyclopedic history of the canonical MU, reaching from the construction of the Great Spirit Robot to (hopefully) Journey's End.  Unfortunately, I've slowed down on it, and in the interest of finishing more timely and making it look better, I wanted to make a request for help.  If there is anyone on here who wants to help at all, please PM me or email me(I have my address in the document).  Help could include research, writing, timeline assembly, editing, reviewing, fact checking, artwork making, and any other task we end up needing while we work.  Currently, I am working on the League of Six Kingdoms.  Here is the link if you want to read what I have so far: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_82Huqt6UEwdzWZxREodMdh5FDwRG21UpnmZzjO05AU/edit.  If you want to help on it at all, or even just give feedback, please check it out and email me.  Thanks!

This seems an interesting project, but doesn't the BS01 wiki do this job already? It has its saga guides dividing the history up into blocks just like this has, and encyclopedic format, timelines of everything that happened, canon artwork, the lot. The facts are already compiled and checked, and everything is referenced. Before I (or most people) could help you with this, I would need to know what this encyclopedia could do better than BS01 already does to be worth the effort.

• Upvote 1

ppg2.png

This seems an interesting project, but doesn't the BS01 wiki do this job already? It has its saga guides dividing the history up into blocks just like this has, and encyclopedic format, timelines of everything that happened, canon artwork, the lot. The facts are already compiled and checked, and everything is referenced. Before I (or most people) could help you with this, I would need to know what this encyclopedia could do better than BS01 already does to be worth the effort.

BS01 is in a wiki style, but with this it would be more of a textbook style.  Right now the history is being written out, but I also want to have reference images done by the fans, translations of canon Matoran words, a basic timeline, etc.  The main difference would be the format it is done in, so instead of a wiki with links to articles on specific people/places/things, it would be written out chronologically, much like a history book would be.  I hope this answers your question, if not, I would be happy to try explaining it differently!

• Upvote 1

A difference in form then? Well I'd maybe bite for that but...

The Saga Guides section of BS01 does actually have the entire history of the BIONICLE universe written out in this form, as well as a Timeline for each section. There is even a page that translates all known Matoran (and Agori) words, plus gives a phrase dictionary.

This is good news for you. The thing you want has already been made and done very well. You just need to know where to look. :)

ppg2.png