The Revolving Door - Official I'm New! / I'm Back!

Makaru

I left, but It was kinda just me stumbling around awhile (I couldn't find the door and was too embarrassed to ask anyone) so I have just kinda been creeping around awhile. Though I am coming back, possibly for a little while.

(dunno if this counts as coming back or just saying hey I'm still here)

• Upvote 1

Mario-Party-DS-Waluigi_zps2e5b569e.png

Thanks Photobucket. Love you too.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So, I have been "back" before, but I have gone on hiatus again...so...here I am.

The thing is, I made sure that the BZP front page is the first site that shows up when I open my we browser intentionally in an attempt to make myself be more active on this site, but here I am, 16 months since my last post.

So yeah, another old BIONICLE fan reporting for duty. Doing my part to keep this community and fanbase alive.

Edited by Toa Doublebee
  • Upvote 1

keetongorange-bionicle-logo-small.png

• 2 months later...

Greetings. New BIONICLE fan here (how often do you hear that these days, BTW?). I already had a long-term relationship with LEGO, then one day I found a "BMV" while looking for a Linkin Park song. Needless to say, it spoiled the big reveal, but it absolutely captured me. Now I just had to know what that giant robot meant!

So I jumped at MNOG, and decided to throw my 5 y/o brother into it too (that's two new fans!). I'm trying to give him the plot year-by-year (since I was doomed from the beginning), but then we got some sets from 2006... Luckily he hasn't connected much dots yet.

We're currently going through MNOG II, and I'd hope to watch MoL before the end of the year.

I came here to talk, hopefully providing you with the POV of a new fan whose any attempt at theorising will be properly debunked by a quick visit to BS01. I also plan on entering the BZPRPG sometime, since I've never gotten to experience a message board RPG before.

...So, any advice? Questions? Warnings?

• Upvote 1

I'm Vrokdann in Skyrise: Ascent, and Luntep in the BZPRPG.

[sigfig in tunnel]

My profile pic's a cool little thing I made called Bettani. That thing up there's just a me inside a tunnel.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

I am new to this website. Greetings to everyone. I hope to imbue this corner of the Internet with some fine Bionicle Artwork and storytelling. Bionicle is a fine source of inspiration to banish my great quantity of boredom that I unfortunately have access to.

Edited by Voltaire Rousseau
  • Upvote 1

65CADFB1-71A6-4834-9873-A0688218AE4A.jpeg.294e0981febcdee92eac3ac1b59f4caa.jpeg

• 1 month later...

I don't know if anyone here will remember me, but I'm back for now.

I haven't been here since late 2017. I can see some things have changed around here since then. Guess I'll need to catch up on them. :)

Edit: It may have actually been in 2018 in I left. I discovered I can be forgetful of things sometimes while I was gone. :P

Edited by Toa Smoke Monster
Wrong info
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

• 3 weeks later...

I'm technically back but basically new. Apparently I joined the site during Gen 2's short time in the spotlight but never contributed anything. About a month ago, I got hooked back in to Bionicle by reading the Gen 1 books I had previously ignored. I've since constructed the Manas and Bahrag from my own parts and several Bricklink orders, finally owning some sets I never had.

While I'm another month away from recovering my collection from my old home, I'm already looking to fill some holes. Mostly I'm focusing on 01-03 Kanohi and Krana/Krana-Kal. Looking at how prices have changed over the past few years, that will likely take a while!

• 1 month later...

I''e pretty much always me. I came back for the occasional chat and to sell off a lot of old collectables to people that would appreciate them more (Most non-collectables I gave to my cousin when he got into Hero Factory). I'll be posting them when I dig them out of my childhood bedroom.

I got back into lego and I hope to post more MOCs here when I get a chance to sit down and reorganize my collection so I can start really building what's in my head again.

For those who dont know me I am ex-staff.

I see a lot f new faces and I look forward to getting to know you.[/color=purple]

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Is it strange to be annoyed that other people are using my color?

Y'all know who you are.

califlag.png

• 2 weeks later...

Only came back to look up the original BZPower review of Brutaka (which I finally built yesterday) and got sucked into the forums via a story on the frontpage about a boxed Lithuanian Huki! Looks like since the last time I was here, my profile picture was eaten and my blog was renamed. I had to fix all that, and I guess drop some posts along the way.

Bornicleban.gif

RIP BORNICLE

2004 - 2011

"There are a thousand ways I could bore you...and only 942 of them will put you to sleep. Permanently"

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/16/2021 at 8:38 PM, Heyzorks said:

yes, he got banned.

though i think he is on the ttv message boards now.

Must have really messed up to earn himself a ban.

In anycase, I guess I should post here since I was inactive for almost 10 years. So Hi again everyone, good to be back. :hi-sign:

Back from the darkness

(will update soon)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

It's been... 15 years? I feel old. Had a sudden "oh, i should do a Bionicle project" thought the other day and hyperfixated on it, as one does. Which of course led to trying to figure out where people talk about this anymore, browsing old posts, and having the awful realisation that I was the villain, back then. OOF.

To the staff and anyone else I was an awful ball of misdirected teenage damage to: I'm sorry. I can't Vahi myself into being a better person then but hopefully I've managed enough character development that I can be one in the present.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Cantabrigia said:

It's been... 15 years? I feel old. Had a sudden "oh, i should do a Bionicle project" thought the other day and hyperfixated on it, as one does. Which of course led to trying to figure out where people talk about this anymore, browsing old posts, and having the awful realisation that I was the villain, back then. OOF.

To the staff and anyone else I was an awful ball of misdirected teenage damage to: I'm sorry. I can't Vahi myself into being a better person then but hopefully I've managed enough character development that I can be one in the present.

Welcome back!

(try dropping the Vahi in energized protdermis or calling your local great being)

Edited by confused piraka

image.gif.f0b625d4fc4c82b928516a036fc1cf5a.gif

Hi, everyone! Not sure how active I'll be, but it's awfully nostalgic to be back here, if a little bittersweet with how much less active it is than in Bionicle's heyday. I started getting back into Bionicle a couple years ago, and have been re-experiencing the story with my mom (currently reading the novels and are towards the end of the 2008 arc), and we both are really loving it. It's surprising how well the story holds up as an adult.

I used to be pretty active here starting in probably 2006 up until BZPower's extended shutdown in... 2010 I believe it was? Unfortunately, by the time it came back I had kinda moved on, for better or worse. I largely lurked around General Discussion, and had delusions of grandeur that I could be one of the cool people making comics, animations, software and games. 😛 Unfortunately, my (likely) ADHD kept me from sticking with any of those projects long enough to finish them, so I'm not completely sure how many people would have seen any of my creations.

On 2/17/2023 at 1:26 AM, Cantabrigia said:

As someone who has been a piece of work in the past, and continues to have various problems to this day, I just want to say don't worry too much about it. Forgive your past self and strive to be the best person you can be. This is, of course, easier said than done, though. 😅 That being said, I, too, would like to apologize to anyone here I may have been unduly rude to in the past.

• Like 3

"Perhaps the ending has not yet been written" - Atrus (Myst)

Hello BZP users; I hope this is the right place to put this kind of thing, my apologies if not.

By fluke of circumstance I've found myself reminded of the time I spent as a child being very, very into Bionicle and using this forum, and hoped to try and find my old profile and whatever posts I may have made on it for some nostalgia and rememberance. I'm pretty sure I've found the right profile (unfortunately, whatever email I used to create it is lost to time, so I've no way of retrieving or re-authenticating it), but there are no posts or activity associated with it. Looking a little further, I noticed that there doesn't seem to be ANY content from the timeperiod available. Data loss? Deleted for storage-space concerns?

I guess my question is: are there any archives available?

My thanks in advance, whatever the answer turns out to be.

Edited by SpedyRF
  • Like 1

Sadly, after doing a search it appears that the old archived forum was deleted for some reason (if you don't remember, BZPower was offline for a really long time following Bionicle's cancellation, though probably unrelated to that, and when it came back it was this new forum with a read-only backup of the old one available). Thankfully, you can still access the old forum using the Internet Archive's Wayback Machine, but it'll probably be difficult to find specific posts.

"Perhaps the ending has not yet been written" - Atrus (Myst)

So far as I remember, the forum was still active when I left (late 2007, according to the old profile's activity tracker.) In searching the web more broadly, I read that the site got hacked and that the archive was one of the casualties.

Wayback was one of my first thoughts after posting, but coverage is far from complete and there is no way to search the 'catch' for a specific username- at least, so far as I have been able to figure.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

At this point I think I’ve wedged the revolving door open. Probably third time back, although I’ve been here over 19 years now! The fact that this site still stands is a testament to how great of a community this is.

I’m glad to be back!

• Like 2

image.png.c80b02daebe0faa6146a8dfce1ccb188.png

"This spot marks our grave; but you may rest here too, if you like."

3 hours ago, confused piraka said:

welcome back!

who is your favorite Bionicle?

Kopaka, always and forever!

EDIT: how rude of me to not ask what yours is?

Edited by Crimson Jester
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, confused piraka said:

all good!

I really like Brutaka

(but he's so expensive at the moment)  

Oh wow, even in the last couple months he’s jumped up!

I’ve got two or three Brutakas. If you want one DM me and maybe we can get one to you.

• Like 1