Is Tahu able to take off the Golden Armour? If so, would he lose the Makuta powers granted to him if a piece did fall off?

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

I think he could take it off and still retain the kraata powers. I vaguely remember Greg saying something of the sort, but that was a while ago and although my memory is usually pretty good, I wouldn't trust it completely. I think it was that he kept wearing the armour for sentimental reasons, rather than functionality.

For a slightly better answer, here's this bit from BS01:

The energy released by the Golden Armor returned to Tahu, charging his body, and gave him the powers of all the Kraata killed.

And another:

The Golden Armor was also able to bestow upon Tahu all of the Kraata powers that belonged to Kraata destroyed by the armor.

ppg2.png

I suppose so...those quotes make it sound as if the energy has already been absorbed meaning that even if he took the armour off, he has already absorbed the power...

However, the armour might be the only thing containing the power meaning he would lose the power when he took the armour off.

Either way, I think he is physically able to take the armour off.

-Silo

Kathok

2. Did the golden armor give new powers to tahu, or is it the armor which has the power?

2) Tahu, not the armor

Forgetfulness retcon. Dang it. :( This means that someone could destroy the GA and make Tahu less powerful. The Toa has an obvious weakness. 

Edited by fishers64

2. Did the golden armor give new powers to tahu, or is it the armor which has the power?

2) Tahu, not the armor

Forgetfulness retcon. Dang it. :( This means that someone could destroy the GA and make Tahu less powerful. The Toa has an obvious weakness. 

Well at least he won't lose his elemental powers! I'd imagine he wouldn't use those Kraata powers anyways, Toa Code about using evil powers and all.

pomegranate-banner-sm.png .

He seems OK with using at least some of them, like the heat vision. Powers like hunger, fear and anger he might try to avoid as well because of their association with the Makuta, darkness and evil, but others that are already used by Toa and their allies I think he would be happy to use. Plasma, magnetism, rahi control, gravity and that kind of thing are all really useful and are used by heroes. If he doesn't have a problem with the source of the powers (which he doesn't) he will likely be using them.

• Upvote 4

ppg2.png

It's not technically forgetconned, it's author-preference-conned: 

Why Tahu's armor contains the power, not Tahu:

kyle7475 wrote:
Wait, so Tahu's kraata powers are tied into his Golden Armor? I thought he would retain the powers even after he removed the armor, because it was said that the energy from the kraata were absorbed into HIM, not the armor. 

I would prefer it be tied to his armor. Otherwise, you are making him so powerful that why does he need any other Toa?

I'm not sure why this is a valid reason. He would be so powerful with the armor on anyway, and we only know that Tahu has two extra powers as a result of the GA. 

• Upvote 1

I'm not sure why this is a valid reason. He would be so powerful with the armor on anyway, and we only know that Tahu has two extra powers as a result of the GA.

Well, I think Greg just doesn't want to overpower him, especially in such a setting as Spherus Magna. He wants to leave Tahu with at least *some* weakness, ja feel?

Archon                      

"For one to truly feel alive, the person must kill oneself a little bit each and every day."

Check out my MOC, one of the new generation of Toa on Spherus Magna!

***Toa Kyraan***

So, if Tahu can take off or lose the Golden Armour and lose the Rahkshi powers, could someone else put it on and gain those abilities? Or is it one of the Destiny things where the armour will only actually work for him?

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Am I the only person that actually wants Tahu to go back to being a Toa Nuva? While I know he is now technically the strongest Toa in existence, if not the strongest being on Spherus Magna, I'm just not okay with him being a Toa Mata, while the rest of his team are Toa Nuva. 

Edited by Guardian Legend
  • Upvote 1

“We all change. When you think about it, we're all different people all through our lives. And that's okay. That's good. You gotta keep moving, so long as you remember all the people that you used to be."

-The Doctor

Am I the only person that actually wants Tahu to go back to being a Toa Nuva? While I know he is now technically the strongest Toa in existence, if not the strongest being on Spherus Magna, I'm just not okay with him being a Toa Mata, while the rest of his team are Toa Nuva. 

If the Mask of Life does it, I suppose. If he would need to hop in EP, I'd go with no, pretty much. :P

But I see no need for it. And I kind of like that there's now some variety amongst the abilities of a Toa team, even if it does confuse things.

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

So, if Tahu can take off or lose the Golden Armour and lose the Rahkshi powers, could someone else put it on and gain those abilities? Or is it one of the Destiny things where the armour will only actually work for him?

I would really prefer it to be the case where it is Tahu's destiny to wear the armour, and that he doesn't have to share it with his fellow Nuva (which can't even really happen because they are Nuva). The Golden Armour was like Tahu's compensation for being reverted to a Mata, and in return made him essentially someone that could rival a Makuta. Tahu is practically the leader of the good guys at this point, so it would be fitting for him to don such an armour until the foreseeable future. 

If the Mask of Life does it, I suppose. If he would need to hop in EP, I'd go with no, pretty much. :P

But I see no need for it. And I kind of like that there's now some variety amongst the abilities of a Toa team, even if it does confuse things.

True, it does make things different. I'm just curious as to how the other Nuva will react to him being so OP now though. 

“We all change. When you think about it, we're all different people all through our lives. And that's okay. That's good. You gotta keep moving, so long as you remember all the people that you used to be."

-The Doctor

You know, if Tahu has Shapeshifting, he could theoretically shapeshift some kind of clamps to make sure teh aror cannot be easily removed.

Kopaka, the coolest(Pun intended) Ko-Toa ever:

Comic_Blizzard_Blade_In_Use.png      

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi                                       

You know, if Tahu has Shapeshifting, he could theoretically shapeshift some kind of clamps to make sure teh aror cannot be easily removed.

Can't he just physically make some sort of clamps to make sure the armor can't easily be removed? :P 

I'm sure if someone wanted to remove it badly enough, they could manage it, for the sake of plot.

pomegranate-banner-sm.png .

Can't he just physically make some sort of clamps to make sure the armor can't easily be removed? :P 

I'm sure if someone wanted to remove it badly enough, they could manage it, for the sake of plot.

The problem with physically-made clamps is that you cant directly integrate them. Whereas shapeshifted clamps would add an extra pound for all of them, physically-made would require a whole other armor suit.

Kopaka, the coolest(Pun intended) Ko-Toa ever:

Comic_Blizzard_Blade_In_Use.png      

"If the fight had turned, Exann might be the one on the floor with Antidermis spurting out of him. This is how battle is. This is how life is." -Mar'jik, Corpus Rahkshi