Things that are easier on BZPower than in real life.

fishers64

I have a few. 

1) Looking snazzy

14787268972_bd545a2690_z.jpg

Nah. That one never gets old.

2) Research (finding information)

Real Life: *goes to scholarly article database* *and wikipedia* *and wades through a whole bunch of questionable sources on Google* *finally just decides to find a book* *except there are ten dozen of those...*

BZPower: BS01--> Greg Dialogues or official story sources.---> Done (zip).

3) Citing sources/quoting people

Real Life:

(parenthetical citation) [...]Author, Source. "Article Title." Website Title. Publisher or Sponsor, 1 Jan. 2010. Web. 30 July 2014.

BZPower:

[quote name="source of quote"]quote is here[/quote]

4) Publishing fiction

14787301832_6fbf936e83_z.jpg

5) Talking to yourself

6) Spending time with people (in general)

7) Stealing stuff

14787301922_8130852c4e_z.jpg 

Do you have more? What do you think of these? Go!

• Upvote 3

Talking to people. Seriously. I'm almost utterly incapable of doing it in real life.

Unless I "emulate" sociability, in a way. But if I do that for more than a day or two, I literally (not misusing that word) have a mental breakdown that lasts several hours.

Similar, but interacting with really cool people. There are a lot of you here.

• Upvote 1
rsz_screenshot_from_un_chien_andalou.jpg
My Writing Blog (more writing coming soon!)

My Bionicle/LEGO Blog (defunct)

Hyfudiar on Spotify (noise/drone/experimental music)

Sharing stuff about Bionicle. There's so many people who, when I mention I still build with Lego, give me a weird look, so I just don't anymore. Here I can actually show off all my drawings and builds and not say "oh, it's just a robot."

And yes, talking to people. I can totally sympathize with you, Kopekemaster.

Sharing stuff about Bionicle. There's so many people who, when I mention I still build with Lego, give me a weird look, so I just don't anymore. Here I can actually show off all my drawings and builds and not say "oh, it's just a robot."

And yes, talking to people. I can totally sympathize with you, Kopekemaster.

Amen. There's a lot of truth in this statement. People still seem to find it weird when an "older" dude says he builds with LEGO. 

• Upvote 3

silverbladebanner.jpg

Talking about Bionicle. The people here are only ones I know that still have an interest in the theme, and even Lego in general. And since I still really like Bionicle, its nice to be able to discuss it with others. 

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

Collecting your thoughts and expressing them well. Being honest I still have trouble doing that here - but believe me it's a lot better than the irl version of me (people always misunderstand what I'm trying to express :( ).

photo-50441.gif

Credit to Pohuaki for the awesome banner! ^_^

While it applies to this website as any other I'm on, the only thing that is easier to do on websites then real life is talk about fandoms with friends. For me, it's BIONICLE, Ben 10 or Power Rangers/Super Sentai. Naturally, I don't have many friends in real life that are interested in any of these.Thus websites dedicated to them are great, because it allows me to interact with others that share my same interests, and make new friends. 

“We all change. When you think about it, we're all different people all through our lives. And that's okay. That's good. You gotta keep moving, so long as you remember all the people that you used to be."

-The Doctor

Collecting your thoughts and expressing them well. Being honest I still have trouble doing that here - but believe me it's a lot better than the irl version of me (people always misunderstand what I'm trying to express :( ).

It is really nice not having to reply to someone immediately and having time to check sources, plan what you're going to say, throw something clever in there, and then post maybe a few hours later.

Generally, I find that it's really difficult to be absent from real life for several months and then revive myself for about a week. I've done that twice since leaving BZP, however.

BZPower is pretty much the only place of the two where teens and adults can have in-depth discussions about BIONICLE, though. Closest I can get to it is a conversation with my little brother, and he'd much rather talk about Super Smash Bros.

• Upvote 2
How well will you die?