BZP Mafia Discussion

Voltex

One more rule, do not let me host now matter what I say. but the override is Penn Jillette

Calling a bunch of shots.

Pupwa lynched day 1.

Village somehow wins despite lower numbers.

1 Secret role dies before being able to execute their powers.

Magician is Penn Jillette.

Short game.

I can host again weeeeee.

Edited by Pupwa21

Looks like it's the end of the line for 21.

How would people feel about another game to use the twist from By the Numbers, where each player was assigned a random number and all targeting/voting was by the assigned numbers instead of by name? I feel like the idea still has a lot of potential, and the system would also work more smoothly the second time around.

• Upvote 7

How would people feel about another game to use the twist from By the Numbers, where each player was assigned a random number and all targeting/voting was by the assigned numbers instead of by name? I feel like the idea still has a lot of potential, and the system would also work more smoothly the second time around.

I would like to see such a game.

bBhcfWO.png

It was something special, Chro.

Also my first game, so nostalgia~

Yes... I think the Master of Hats might make an appearance as an old wise person or something. 

Also Dapper, if you could re-check your Bionifight profile and make the suggested changes, that'd be awesome. =P

Hehehehehhehe, that was amazing, yes. =P I liked the game, though I probably made a wrong choice, despite the fact that the whole 'crazily going after Turaga' thing had already been established. =P

I wasn't around for by the numbers, so uh

i'll just say i'm cool with it

yeah.

Also, question for everyone: how would a Mafia game where all votes are sent in PM, and the totals are posted in topic sound?

Y/N

It'd be interesting, but I feel like it'd remove a lot of the strategy from voting. The mafia would have a huge advantage in that they could simply bandwagon one guy without anyone ever being able to see it, and no one would be able to call people out on voting.

-MT

XPufEB3.png?1

I wasn't around for by the numbers, so uh

i'll just say i'm cool with it

yeah.

Also, question for everyone: how would a Mafia game where all votes are sent in PM, and the totals are posted in topic sound?

Y/N

It'd be interesting, but I feel like it'd remove a lot of the strategy from voting. The mafia would have a huge advantage in that they could simply bandwagon one guy without anyone ever being able to see it, and no one would be able to call people out on voting.

-MT

Best left for a side game, not a main game?

Of course, there would be some roles that COULD see what someone voted, or a mechanic where a Villager can choose one person to see who they voted for each night.

But still best left for a side game probably.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

Surprisingly, Pupwa's claims actually make sense. The Mafia would all vote on one person, while the village is disorganized. Yeah, not the best idea.

Keep in mind, the vote totals will periodically be posted in-topic itself, not just once the round ends.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

How about a side game in which all the players are ignorant of their roles and everyone picks a target at night? It would be interesting to see a game of Mafia without the normal certainty of personal innocence or guilt.

Obviously, said game would have no Detective role.

Edited by Quisoves Pugnat
  • Upvote 2

gZsNWyr.png

(Credit to Nik the Three for the banner)