BZP Mafia Discussion

Voltex

I want to host a game at some point

But first I need to learn how to host Mafia well

i hope XX won't end up as poorly as 2FA

then again the big issue with 2FA was my horrible tendency to not write scenes for days on end.

same with Hitman IX

and yeah those are the only games i've hosted

i need to stop being lazy

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

Yeah. I sometimes have a hard time keeping track of playing in two games at once.

I'm losing track of everything because I signed up for Bionifight =P

Well, Bionifight is a commitment, no doubt about that. Part of the reason why I make people sign up every three weeks. Keeps those who want to play playing and gets rid of inactive players quickly and easily.

Just as an experiment, what if everyone that wanted to was hosting a side game simultaneously?

If anything, we need less frequent side games, not more.

I agree with this, to an extent. It's nice to have a side game for each main game since it leaves more opportunities to host open.

Just as an experiment, what if everyone that wanted to was hosting a side game simultaneously?

If anything, we need less frequent side games, not more.

I agree with this, to an extent. It's nice to have a side game for each main game since it leaves more opportunities to host open.

I'd honestly prefer one to every two or three main games. At this point, it's like we have two main series of games running at the same time.

As I see it, the main games are more 'traditional', in a sense, and generally have more refined ideas than side games. Although that is a laughable term, seeing as BZP Mafia is quite different from the mafia of other forums from what I have seen. Perhaps we should try a traditional forum mafia sometime.

Side games are  generally much more willing to change things around with ideas that are not so refined, much more ambitious. It would also seem that some people would rather host side games than main games, or the other way around for other people. 

There were also Point series of Mafia, which seemed to either be training for new hosts with a smaller amount of players or people experimenting with ideas.

Having a side game for every main game also allows people who missed sign-ups for one or the other to be part of a mafia game whereas if there were no side game, they would have to wait. It also placates the many people who want to host much faster. I don't really mind having both or all three, as long as they are all sufficiently different from each other. What matters the most, in any case, seeing as this is the games & trivia forum, is that the games are fun, IMO. Logic, as we all know, was banished from the G&T forum long ago by a nameless, enigmatic wizard who is said to have brought mafia to BZPower.

• Upvote 3

On Bota Magna, everything is about to fall apart.

As I see it, the main games are more 'traditional', in a sense, and generally have more refined ideas than side games. Although that is a laughable term, seeing as BZP Mafia is quite different from the mafia of other forums from what I have seen. Perhaps we should try a traditional forum mafia sometime.

There's mafia on other forums?

2xu8Ptu.png

Way I see it is main games have to have a host after them to continue the series, but a side game can end without us having a new game right afterwards.

And I would also say that side games tend to be more experimental, but that has a lot to do with the lower number of players most of the time, imo.

*shurg*

Right now I see it as "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" 

E: lol snubby there are whole forums dedicated to mafia

Edited by Tagolrip