BZP Mafia Discussion

Voltex

If we're going to structure Mafia as a series, I think we should stop it at "you need to check for approval from other players first". That way we don't end up with like, six different games at once. 

We need a way of enforcing this. Would Windrider be willing to make this a part of the official G&T rules?

I'm not much a fan of a set number of games allowed; checking back with/getting approval of  some other members, however, should definitely be considered, and I guess it would be good to get this out as an official rule, especially now with the more-or-less official discussion topic...

What happened to "Training and Experiments", by the way? Is it still going, or...?

20210512_strollin_banner.jpg

My art collection topic - updated! (21/09/2021)

We could start another T&E game...

No. Just, no.

One vote for maybe, one for no. I guess that's a 'rather not'. Okay.

Do you guys think a zombie apocalypse-y game would have any chance, anyway? With dead players returning as zombies after 1 day (thus leaving something to do for those who died, one way or another), a certain chance for them to zombiefy others upon attacking and their votes counting less? I'm still looking for a way to properly balance it, but there's a half-finished concept I'd love to try out someday.

It would possibly have to be a T&E game, anyway, so I'll save that concept for later.

• Upvote 3

20210512_strollin_banner.jpg

My art collection topic - updated! (21/09/2021)

I think a zombie type game would work - I actually have one basically all planned and balanced out as far as roles go (some touching up would be required before release, of course). So it's certainly possible, and with the amount of time I have and the number of games (both Mafia and not Mafia) that I wish to run, it is of low priority to me. So if anyone wants it, I can send it to you and you may do with it what you will.

What is the difference between a Side Game and a Main Series game? Is there any hard distinction? I've got an idea for a game (which I can't share, as doing so would rather take away the point of its twist,) and I'm not sure what category it falls into.

The big "distinction" is one is with the numbered series, while the other is not.

Side games usually are smaller than main games  player-slot wise(Ironically, the side game I hosted was larger than the main game that was running before some more slots were added). Not a hard rule, though as evidenced by what I just said

• Upvote 3

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

What is the difference between a Side Game and a Main Series game? Is there any hard distinction? I've got an idea for a game (which I can't share, as doing so would rather take away the point of its twist,) and I'm not sure what category it falls into.

The big "distinction" is one is with the numbered series, while the other is not.

Side games usually are smaller than main games  player-slot wise(Ironically, the side game I hosted was larger than the main game that was running before some more slots were added). Not a hard rule, though as evidenced by what I just said

Ah, so the experimental element is simply a byproduct of their supplemental nature?

gZsNWyr.png

(Credit to Nik the Three for the banner)

Ah, so the experimental element is simply a byproduct of their supplemental nature?

Pretty much. Since they are a smaller game that's...er..."less important", it lets them be more ehksperimental, yes.

• Upvote 4

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

Side games tend to be more experimental overall, while experimental changes to the main series games usually involve either a small number of new roles (less than two), or a new twist. That said, there are of course games that break that trend.

Also, since the main series games are the "more important" numbered games, there's a tiny bit more pressure to make them awesome.

I was interested in hosting, but I don't really have a plan yet. So if Voltex wants to host I'm fine with that.

(I really would like to get the next one, though. I've kind of been wanting for a while.)

I say come up with a plan, give us some brief details to pique our interest, and then the next side game is probably yours.

Hi everyone. This is probably the last post I'll ever make, but I have an announcement:

Before I left BZPower, I created the outline for a Mafia game. (Probably a side game). If you would like to run it, please send me a PM with a little info on why.

HINT: There is an overabundance of one role, many of those duplicates with special abilities.

• Upvote 2

I used to have a banner here.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

Hi everyone. This is probably the last post I'll ever make, but I have an announcement:

Before I left BZPower, I created the outline for a Mafia game. (Probably a side game). If you would like to run it, please send me a PM with a little info on why.

HINT: There is an overabundance of one role, many of those duplicates with special abilities.

Aw :(

Why are you leaving?

Since this is the closest thing that the G&T forum has to a general discussion topic, I thought I would pose a question here:

What are your thoughts on posts not counting in this forum? Is it better this way, or should we create a suggestion tracker to try and have the posts made here count?

If all the games were like Mafia, Bionifight, etc, then yes.

However, because of games like Steal the Mask and such I think it shouldn't be a thing. I see the appeal in those games, but those types of games are why posts don't count. After all, one can just show up and post, then leave and there isn't any commitment? *shrugh*

It still is too easy to spam. I would like to be able to see the number of posts you made in G&T and such on your profile again, though. That would be cool.

• Upvote 6