Dawn of a New Era?

SO Bionicle is probably coming back. What that means is that BZPower might see its return to relevance, which means a new generation of users will start to use this site and come to discuss NEW!Bionicle.

Now, the topic of discussion is, how do you think this will affect BZPower? How will the two generations react? How will the Old Coots like me interact with the Spring Grasshoppers who didn't experience the Bionicle we knew? Will there be a divide, or a blend of ideas and experiences?

DISCUSS. (generally)

• Upvote 11

It's the internet and regardless of how awesome Bionicle is, I noticed first hand the MASSIVE divide when Hero Factory started on this forum. In fact, I left because of the hostility and the large amount of "Hero Factory sucks". 

Back in the old days it was old internet. Things were slower, people were friendlier and there was less of an idea of anonymity. So people seemed to get along more.

True, I love Bionicle and hope that people interact kindly with each other, but I'm afraid of what will happen to BZPower

• Upvote 4

Rules have changed in some areas (not at all to say the staff is letting things slide or the like, they all do a great job) but as far as linking to other sites and what not, things have moved past where they were in BZP's earlier years. With an influx of new members, many of them likely being young, impressionable kids, will rules revert to their original state? Or will Moderators simply crack down?

• Upvote 3

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

Rules have changed in some areas (not at all to say the staff is letting things slide or the like, they all do a great job) but as far as linking to other sites and what not, things have moved past where they were in BZP's earlier years. With an influx of new members, many of them likely being young, impressionable kids, will rules revert to their original state? Or will Moderators simply crack down?

The advertising rules weren't lifted because there were fewer young members; it was lifted because they installed a new popup on links that asserts that BZPower cannot control what goes on outside of BZPower. I'd imagine that the new policy will stay, unless for some reason they can no longer keep that warning popup.

• Upvote 2

As Octodad said while I was typing (:P), the advertising policy will not change, 99% sure of that. The purpose of having that popup is to keep BZPower the same family-friendly site while not ignoring that the rest of the internet exists. As for other rules, I don't plan on altering my forums' rules, even if it means that my job may be more difficult. The global rules and guidelines are likely to stay the same as well.

In short, the new leniency when it comes to moderating should stay. It's true that a lot of the changes were prompted by a less active BZPower, but I don't see their continued presence to be harmful in the case of increased activity.

• Upvote 9

It's up to the general user base, not just the mods, to ensure a friendly and caring BZPower community.

One of the reasons so many BZPowerers stayed even when Bonkles ended was the community. It was inclusive, warm and friendly.

And we must strive to keep it that way. It's what makes BZPower worth it.

We have to learn to integrate and help new users, while fostering this culture of less hostility and more level-headed, polite, civil discussion.

So, LESS of

"Hiro Facty SUXXX!!!111oneeleven"

"No, HER FACTOY RULS"

"BRING BACK BONKLES IF UR RILL FAN U WAN BONKLE BACK"

and MORE of

"I dislike Hero Factory's system, but that's just my honest opinion."

"I think it had some good points"

"I really wish Bionicle didn't end, it had a really good run. I think most would agree with me. :P"

It's up to us users, every one of us, to create a better BZPower and a better fanbase.

Disclaimer: I lifted some of that from my post in Bionicle Discussion sub-forum.

Edited by Norik Of Celtania
  • Upvote 10

If Bionicle is to come back Bzp will change as it always has. I have been on this site for many years I have seen its changes as we the fans are constantly evolving. over the years. I came late a little before the end of Bionicle but I have this to say not only will this jump start the community it will give birth to a new generation of fans. To be honest there is no greater gift than the fans on this site. I have made many friends over the many years I have been on Bzp. If Bionicle is to come back it will be a new era of not only the site and story but to the fans. The fans of Bzp are what make this site the one of numbers of places for Bionicle fans to gather around and talk. My greatest hope is the fan made stuff that used to be put here more often and such as art and epics and so much more that's what made me stay in Bionicle was the fans who created stuff. My closing thoughts I have are that if Bionicle is coming as to which there are things floating out there that show that is. I can not wait to welcome the new community of fans for this next generation of Bzp and Bionicle.

--Lovice

• Upvote 4

Frankly, at the moment I'm not sure how it will be. There might be some tension between some of the old, critical guard and new members, but I think we've been welcoming new people for a long while, and I don't think that will ever change. 

I think there will be discussion of both the old and the new stories. I'm thinking that in a lot of ways we'll move on, but those of us who remember the "old Bionicle" will find our way to still be us, you know? I'm hoping there won't be too much elitism, 220-page official topics, and so many other things that characterized the old BZPower, but also less of the slow forums that characterized the new. But after all this, I'm confident that we will adapt. 

Not only will we be back, but we'll be better. Better than ever. :) 

• Upvote 4

Yes, its finally time for the community to come back in full swing. It's our time to shine...

• Upvote 4

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

I don't quite know how it'll all shake out, but I do know that we're going to need to redo the front page.

I think a site redesign to make it less old looking would be pretty swell. BZPower as far as I know remains to be the largest and most reputable Bionicle community and updating the visuals a tad might be something we need. Not the colors or anything too drastic, but maybe make it less information jammed and more styled? 

• Upvote 3

I don't quite know how it'll all shake out, but I do know that we're going to need to redo the front page.

I think a site redesign to make it less old looking would be pretty swell. BZPower as far as I know remains to be the largest and most reputable Bionicle community and updating the visuals a tad might be something we need. Not the colors or anything too drastic, but maybe make it less information jammed and more styled? 

Anything to look a little less cluttered.

I'm also especially excited to see the Comics forum come to life again.

sig8.png

Anything to look a little less cluttered.

I'm also especially excited to see the Comics forum come to life again.

You know I was surprised to see that the sprite comics are literally unchanged from over 7 years ago when I was last here! Like, everyone is still using Rayg which is cool I suppose. I hope to see some more updated art if people start coming back,

Im worried that little kids will be scared off by the amount of knolege they need to know to activally participate in story line and theories. I own almost all of the bionicle books, read most of the serials ( i think) and have followed bionicles for 9 and a half years, but i still feel like a noob while on there.

wearewaiting.gif

As long as there is one bionicle fan out there there is still hope for bionicle to return. Keep faith. Bionicle is amazing.

I hope it's a sort of continuation that's set reeeeeeeally far in the future so that you don't have to know anything from the original storyline to actually keep up. For the sake of both new and old fans.

But still keep the gap small enough to drop in a nostalgic easter egg once in a while for us oldies :3

Edited by TBK
  • Upvote 2

sig8.png

I think the biggest problem is just how much stuff got muddled at the end. The alternate dimensions, all the "dead" characters coming back. Like, why even bring Helryx and Tuyet into the story? It makes no sense to me. For a while each story arc had its own separate lore in a way but then they tried mixing it up and it really just stopped making sense to me. 

I would honestly love it to be a continuation of sorts. There were so many characters, (mostly introduced in the serials), that I grew attached to who never really got their chance to shine in their own right and achieve their full potential. I'd like to see some of the more underrated characters get their opportunity to rise up. 

• Upvote 2

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

I would honestly love it to be a continuation of sorts. There were so many characters, (mostly introduced in the serials), that I grew attached to who never really got their chance to shine in their own right and achieve their full potential. I'd like to see some of the more underrated characters get their opportunity to rise up. 

One word. Mavrah

• Upvote 2

One word. Mavrah

I missed him so much. Ever since I read that book, I've been waiting and hoping he would return. And he did... and then the story ended...

• Upvote 1

I'd have to agree with some of the earlier posts. Back when I initially joined, things were a lot simpler and friendly people where at every corner. These days however I've met with a lot of scorn, rudeness, and other nonsense and things have gotten a lot different from the old days I remember fondly. And then there is the whole divide of the Hero Factory haters and fans. I'm somewhere in the middle, so I prefer to stay out of those conflicts.

however I'm probably going to get a lot of hate for saying this, but since I already get a lot of hate already what the hay?

In my opinion, for this new Bionicle to work, I think it ought to be a total reboot. No connection whatsoever to the old story AT ALL. We want new fans to get into this in order for it to succeed. What happens if they find out they need to find material from 10+ years ago in order to fully understand what is going on? It scared off some people who hadn't been following the story since Day 1 and they didn't even want to follow the story. Although while there is the overlying fact of younger fans who probably won't know or care much about the story, there are those newer fans who do and we want them to be able to enjoy the story. So while we might lose out on the old story, I personally think it is for the best if the old story is done away with. Now unless Greg finishes up the serials APART from the new Bionicle, then we can have a balance but it almost doesn't seem likely at this point seeing as they've been unfinished for the last 2 1/2 years. But then again, it might all change.

So in other words, aside from the old serials that kind of broke up the unsatisfying ending and made it even more unsatisfying, I really think they ought to do a total reboot. Sure, use some of the same characters but different incarnations of them in this Generation 2 Bionicle. That way new fans can get into the story with little to no problem and yet old fans can still sit down and enjoy the new story. Or unless we have Bionicle GEEWUNNERS who hate the new story because it's new and not the old Bionicle and totally just blow it off as nothing, then okay. But this is just my collection of thoughts that might seem crude and probably most of you say I'm being rude. (In my defense, I've had other fans on here be just as rude to me over the last few years)

• Upvote 2

They could downplay the importance of old lore while keeping it there.

Either

1)Long time into the future

2)Plots that, in order for you to understand, need only the bare minimum of old lore. Like

Velika: Disguised Great Being. Talks in rhymes. Met Toa Inika

Or

Jaller: Former Guardman. Now Toa. Saved giant robot from dying. Likes Hahli

Or

Teridax: Former leader of a group of Shadow-users. Betrayed Giant robot with confusing scheme. Take over giant robot. Fight giant robot. Die from giant robot.

You'll notice that the details of The Plan or Jaller's adventures as Toa and Matoran are not needed. You just need to know the MAIN points.

This, I think, is the ideal.

• Upvote 3

I have to be honest, as of right now I'm a little bit skeptical of how much Bionicle will take off.

The issue I think we're all having is that we think it's going to take off like it did before. What if it doesn't? The forums would stay the same. Maybe the activity would even decline. 

I think the best thing to do is to not think about it too much, because if we get our hopes up too much, and plan for an influx of activity and nothing happens then we'll be disappointed. :/

~ Argentum

I already feel like more people are on now because of the high chance of BIONICLE coming back, weve been waiting too long and finally for the first time in 5 years i think we can safely say that its back and a new era is upon us, welcome back BIONICLE and welcome back the old days of BZPower!

Go check out our Youtube channel! We review BIONICLE and other LEGO related items!
https://www.youtube.com/user/RandomReviewerBros

But think about it, it will pretty much be the same as pokemon, you'll get genwuners(or in this case setwuners) who believe the originals were best and they should have stopped there. Then you will get folk who belive its all goood, and some who think the originals were flimsy in comparison to the shiny new remakes.

I'd love everyone to get along, but as long as theres a 'which side of the divide did you prefer' topic theres gonna be arguments.

How Do you do?

Firstly I want to say that the video was absolutely hilarious. I laughed quite hard.

I'm really excited and apprehensive at the same time and I'm sure quite a few people here can probably relate to how I'm feeling.
Things will be different around here that's for sure, but things always have changed. 
There were those who disliked the move from Mata-Nui to Metru-Nui in 2004. Those who didn't like the move away from gears in 2005/2006. Those who didn't like Bara-Magna in 2008/2009. Those who didn't like Hero Factory in 2010/2011.
There will always be some who dislike change but despite this, many of these people are still here. 
BZP is a place for discussion and whether we like something or not, we can discuss it with one another and keep BZP how it has always been, a warm friendly community and the number one place for BIONICLE discussion online.

I can't wait for the official confirmation.

- Roki

• Upvote 2
sigflower4.png

Hopefully we'll see some life spark back up in the RPG forums. I pretty much never venture beyond that sub-forum, so its decline led to my leaving.

One of these days I'll win a contest... one of these days...

Edited by Evex_Wolfwing
They were called Tenno. Warriors of blade and gun: masters of the Warframe armor. Those that survived the old war were left drifting among the ruins. Now they are needed once more.

The Grineer, with their vast armies, are spreading throughout the solar system. A call echoes across the stars summoning the Tenno to an ancient place. They summon you. 

Allow the Lotus to guide you. She has rescued you from your cryostasis chamber and given you a chance to survive. The Grineer will find you; you must be prepared. The Lotus will teach you the ways of the Warframes and the secrets to unlocking their powers.

Come Tenno, you must join the war.

While I have not been on BZPower for a long time, I have been with BIONICLE for a long time.

(I guess that makes me a Veteran?) Anyway, what best could happen is for retro members and

prominent builders to show newer BZPower members to what bionicle really was and is, and

if the new storyline sucked, it didn't matter, because the BIONICLE we know and love will

always be here. It's not just about impressing each other with good manners, cool creations,

popular RPGs, set remakes, or other such nonsense. It's the fact that we as a community will

stand with the fangroup created so long ago, just for the sole purpose of keeping BIONICLE

alive.

What we here on BZPower must understand is that new members will never join a group that

introduces the current theme, and nothing else. What makes us different is our willingness to

believe that BZPower was created user friendly, peaceful, intelligent, resourceful, and capable

of showing the world the theme that capitalized the LEGO industry, and saved them in the

process.

In a nutshell(Macadamia nut), users won't join if you talk about the NOW. Instead, talk about

the past years, the members, and do what you have been doing, but better, and I am 100%

sure(actually 97.6%) that BZPower will flock in new members.

The return of BIONICLE shouldn't alter BZPower, should it?

• Upvote 1