The Elder Scrolls

Still dissapointed they only use Apprentice spells. raaI wub the Labyrinthian Dungeon. Ridiculously hard, epic Design, and Skeletal Dragon and Morokei. :biggrin:

Try the Arena version of Labyrinthian. Emphasis on Labyrinthian.Level OneLevel TwoPlus three riddles spread out.That is as hard dungeon.As per apprentice spells, argument invalid. They use the Cloak spells and those are Adept.Wearing Kevnoraak on my current playthrough. I'll switch him out eventually, but the immune disease/poison makes Falmer hives a breeze. Well, more of a breeze.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

It would ne nice if Labyrinthian in Arena actually had a Word Wall, Morokei, and all that, but I doubt those ideas were even concieved yet.I really should make a character that uses heavy Armor and 1H weapons and a Shield some day, but I'm more interested in making a Mage character and I already have a current character and I don't wanna be using 3 Characters at once. NTM the Intro taking a really long time...

Signature Guidelines: Signature may not exceed the 800x300 limit. For more reference use the box located in your signature editor.

I've started a new character, modeling him after a certain evil goblin cleric from Order of the Stick: Redcloak. Orc race (using the console to get rid of the berserker ability and replace it with magic instead), gonna be using primarily Conjuration for summons and reanimation, wearing simple armor, with no weapon but some modded spells thrown in to complete the package. Let's see how far I can get on enslaving the world to serve the orcs goblin race. :lol:

Edited by Katuko

I've started a new character, modeling him after a certain evil goblin cleric from Order of the Stick: Redcloak. Orc race (using the console to get rid of the berserker ability and replace it with magic instead), gonna be using primarily Conjuration for summons and reanimation, wearing simple armor, with no weapon but some modded spells thrown in to complete the package. Let's see how far I can get on enslaving the world to serve the orcs goblin race. :lol:

You're gonna need the Crimson Mantle. :P

It would ne nice if Labyrinthian in Arena actually had a Word Wall, Morokei, and all that, but I doubt those ideas were even concieved yet.I really should make a character that uses heavy Armor and 1H weapons and a Shield some day, but I'm more interested in making a Mage character and I already have a current character and I don't wanna be using 3 Characters at once. NTM the Intro taking a really long time...

... what purpose would a word wall serve in Arena? :PDragon Priest = Lich who worshiped Dragons. While there be none in Labyrinthian, Dagoth Ur is home to a lot of 'em.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

Still dissapointed they only use Apprentice spells. raaI wub the Labyrinthian Dungeon. Ridiculously hard, epic Design, and Skeletal Dragon and Morokei. :biggrin:

I made the mistake of attacking the skeletons before the skeletal dragon, so I could then focus on it afterwards.REGRET. REGRET. SHAME. REGRET.

3DS: 3711-9364-3152

PSN:          AidecVoros

Hm, I did the same, and I found the skeleton dragon kinda anti-climatic still? It died in a few hits, so either I was severely over-leveled (though boss-type enemies tend to scale with level) or I am simply that good. :P

Edited by Katuko

There's a moderator called Godlike Dragon Preists that makes them considerably harder. They even use master-level spells. :biggrin:

slowpoke.jpgThere was just a conversation about that maybe a page or so ago, sorry to burst your bubble.

3DS: 3711-9364-3152

PSN:          AidecVoros

It's the biggest game ever, due to the fact that it's...well...broken. The randomly generated wilderness stretches for miles between civilization.Speaking of older Elder Scrolls games, I'm going to get Morrowind soon on Steam, since I'm almost done with Skyrim. I know I've been saying I have two achievements left for a while now, but one of them I can get next time I play, easily enough, and the other will be just as easy. Though mainly I now play Dragon's Dogma. Anyone have that game?

"The moral of the story is, I chose a half measure when I should have gone all the way. I'll never make that mistake again. No more half measures Walter."

You're gonna need the Crimson Mantle. :P

Cloaks of Skyrim. :DNow, I just need to prep it with 100% disease resistance and maybe a health boost (it's supposed to give longer life, after all). Maybe +Restoration skill as well, dunno. Gonna have to moderator the resistance in anyways.

1) I am running tons of mods. What makes you think I am not running one or two for difficulty among them?2) Disease-resistance isn't exactly fantastic given that you get a 100% resistance simply by being the right race, while you can also just chug potions of it with no trouble.3) It's called roleplaying.4) I play my single-player game any way I want, thank you.

Edited by Katuko

So, anybody found some followers especially awesome? (For the record, the reason Lydia sucks for nearly everybody is that most followers level with you, but cap off when you first meet them. Most of you got Lydia at level 6.) Mjoll and Illia are very, very good. Mjoll because she's Invincible and all- she's flagged as essential in Vanilla, and once you give her some good armor and a 2H weapon (She has quite high Two-Handed and Heavy Armor), I've seen her kill 4 Draugr Deathlords by herself, without falling down to Heal. Illia is probably the best mage follower you can find. Oh, and then we can get into the wonderful people you can get as Dead Thralls... Orchendor FTW

Signature Guidelines: Signature may not exceed the 800x300 limit. For more reference use the box located in your signature editor.

Honestly, I mostly operate better without followers, most battles I end up damaging them more than any enemies. I've grown pretty fond of Lydia though, I always chuckle at her sarcasm about carrying my stuff, then turn her into a pack mule.

rahkshi_symbol.png

So, anybody found some followers especially awesome? (For the record, the reason Lydia sucks for nearly everybody is that most followers level with you, but cap off when you first meet them. Most of you got Lydia at level 6.)

Honestly, I mostly operate better without followers, most battles I end up damaging them more than any enemies. I've grown pretty fond of Lydia though, I always chuckle at her sarcasm about carrying my stuff, then turn her into a pack mule.

Ultimate Follower Overhaul fixes the leveling issue and a few other things (such as the followers re-equipping default weapons even when you give them better stuff). I believe it also sets them to avoid dungeon traps, and it definitely stops them from going Leeroy Jenkins while you're trying to sneak. You can also have them all made essential so that you don't have to worry about them dying in five seconds every battle. Still disables them when they get knocked down of course, so the only difference is that you don't have to reload your save all the time. Made followers a lot more enjoyable for me.

and it definitely stops them from going Leeroy Jenkins while you're trying to sneak

Yes, because that's our job. :PI've only used followers on one character, who I used Classic Classes and Birthsigns to make a Healer, and that was because how else was I supposed to kill bandits if I wasn't gonna kill them? (insert overused tongue man) But I got bored, because killing things is more fun.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa: Edited by Toa Levacius Zehvor

Not without mods, no. Not at all. It doesn't help that they only match your level when you first meet them, and then they stay that way. So like Rakmon said, if you meet Lydia at level 6 she will still be at level 6 even when you have reached 30+. Thank you, Bethesda, for at least releasing the Creation Kit.@Zehvor: The only way to really succeed as a healer in a combat-oriented game is to be a technical pacifist. By which I mean: Level Illusion and fling Fury spells around. You're not killing them, they are doing it themselves. :P

Edited by Katuko

Illusion + Conjuration as your main two skills makes the game very easy. Also makes it interesting. I've been putting lots of research into the Dead Thrall spell, and so far, from what I've figured, Volkihar Vampires are your best bet, but you can't thrall them unless you have the Necromage perk in restoration. What I've been doing is getting 7 or eight bodies of powerful enemies such as Dremora Marknyaz and Bandit Marauders, sticking them in well-populated areas (such as Northwatch keep (lol) or Breezehome, oh and once the palace of the Kings in Windhelm), then leaving for ten days so the room respawns. When the room respawns, all the corpses ressurect (and sometimes reset, ending up with completely different dudes) and if they're hostile creatures, will promptly go on a rampage and start killiing people. A bit of an Awkward moment when 4 Bandit Marauders and Hajvarr Iron-Hand (Who I decided to give a Daedric Warhammer improved to legendary when I brought him with me to Shriekwind Bastion), all clad in Steel Plate Armor and such, all charge out of Breezehome and kill half the city. Dead Thrall is so amazing.

You might as well get the GOTY edition of Morrowind, both expansions were good, especially Bloodmoon. Tribunal gives you some pretty sweet new weapons, too. Otherwise, just know that gameplay is pretty different from Skyrim, and there's no fast-travel or horses, so you either walk or travel between cities on giant fleas or boats.

rahkshi_symbol.png

Finally got the Oblivion Walker achievement, now I just need One With the Shadows and I'll have all the achievements. I already would, if my last account hadn't gotten glitched. I've started working towards One With the Shadows, and soon I should have Skyrim completed.

"The moral of the story is, I chose a half measure when I should have gone all the way. I'll never make that mistake again. No more half measures Walter."

Kinda. There's still a map, don't worry. The teleportation scrolls are Almsivi Intervention, which teleports you from wherever you are to the closest Tribunal temple (pretty much the major cities), and Divine Intervention, which transports you to the nearest Imperial cult shrine in an Imperial Stronghold. Also, cities don't have their own cells like Oblivion and Skyrim, so it's the only game with a levitation spell (I think, I dunno if Daggerfall and Arena have them).So I've hit a potentially main quest-breaking bug in Skyrim. I had to start new since the Dark Brotherhood questline broke, and I'd like to avoid doing that yet again. Basically, Delphine won't leave Dragonsreach. She stands by Farengar's chamber after I give him the Dragonstone, and I just figured she'd get teleported or whatever back to Riverwood. But come the point when I need the Greybeard's horn from her, she's still standing around in Dragonsreach and I can't initiate dialogue with her. Anyone know anything about that?

rahkshi_symbol.png