The Elder Scrolls

Why would you delete his saves for that? It's a single-player game. That particular glitch might be an exploit, but heck, if he wants to set his skills to 300 via the console on PC, let him. It's not like it hurts anyone. Skyrim is a game that is meant for being played like you want it. This is why Bethesda shoved the Creation Kit out the door so soon after it the game was out, since they know from experience that the modding community for both Fallout and The Elder Scrolls is incredibly large. The developer console is notably also still active, and they could just as well have disabled it.Skill growth is already kinda unbalanced, particularly for Conjuration, for example. Cast Soul Trap on dead bodies or just keep a single object aloft with Telekinesis for ~10 minutes total. That will level Conjuration to 100 very, very quickly.In other news, I have recently installed WARZONES to add some more challenge to the main world map. This has caused a few entertaining fights, such as a whole bunch of Stormcloaks and Imperials fighting near Solitude, and Forsworn attacking Bandits (or vice versa?) somewhere in the mountains. I've also used Live Another Life, so my current character wasn't captured by Imperials at the beginning, she was shipwrecked off the coast of Winterhold. I love mods, they bring so much new to the table. :D

Skill growth is already kinda unbalanced, particularly for Conjuration, for example. Cast Soul Trap on dead bodies or just keep a single object aloft with Telekinesis for ~10 minutes total. That will level Conjuration to 100 very, very quickly.

This bides well for meSmithing too, but everybody knows how easy that is to level.

3DS: 3711-9364-3152

PSN:          AidecVoros

Regarding the Dawnguard DLC, I do hope it's possible to get access to those 'powers of darkness' and then betray and slaughter those vampire chaps afterwards. I normally play good characters but those powers look...well, awesome.

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

Regarding the Dawnguard DLC, I do hope it's possible to get access to those 'powers of darkness' and then betray and slaughter those vampire chaps afterwards. I normally play good characters but those powers look...well, awesome.

Don't worry, if you do good, you get to use crossbows firing two bolts at once. If you do really good, you get to unlock the dual-wielding talent with them. If you do really good, you get to learn to dual-wield your dual-wield, and thus fight eight crossbow bolts per shot at those vampires.So it balances out in the end.Honestly though? Knights of the Nine was a DLC that meant only 'good' characters could really RP it. This is a DLC so that you can be evil and gain powers, or be good and not bring about the apocalypse.(Honestly, I couldn't need a new talent set less - I can chop those suckers fine with just a sword.)-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

But I want to play as an unstoppable lord of the night! While doing good! And no, I don't think that's contradictory at a basic level! :P

Edited by Basilisk

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

Tried to play as a vampire on my first character. Not a big success. :PThink I'll make my first character a werewolf instead.And then when the time is ripe, I'll make another character that will become vampire~

~Avatar's original image was made by the incomparable Egophiliac.~

~Electronic Manic Supersonic Bionic Energy~

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

Vampires are the best option if your going for a mage, it adds some nice spells and ability boosts. Werewolves are best for warriors, it adds the ability to transform into a giant furry killing machine. Self explanatory really.Rouges can go either way.

I like to switch things up, actually. :P Taking full advantage of my Dragonborn's versatility. ^^

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

Vampirism in general isn't real great in Skyrim, I think. At the moment I much prefer werewolf, but Dawnguard looks like it's adding WAY more for vampires, so I'll see what that's like. Speaking of which, they revealed a lot about Dawnguard at E3, check out the Elder Scrolls wiki for it (it's got more stuff on it than UESP at this point). Dragonbone weapons, crossbows, new perk trees for Vampire Lords and werewolves, new unique dragon in a new Oblivion train that gives you an awesome if nightmare fuel-y dragon shout... It sounds glorious.

rahkshi_symbol.png

Don't worry, if you do good, you get to use crossbows firing two bolts at once. If you do really good, you get to unlock the dual-wielding talent with them. If you do really good, you get to learn to dual-wield your dual-wield, and thus fight eight crossbow bolts per shot at those vampires.

I'm not happy until we can dual-dual-wield regular bows with triple-shot on each of them. :lol: Dodecarrow storm, go!8-Bit Theater aside, I've been holding off on the big Vampire and Werewolf overhaul mods because of Dawnguard. I wanna see what it brings to the table before modifying it. Dragonbone weapons, on the other hand, I already have. Bethesda will hopefully add some actually unique models for them, though.

Well, I'm torn about the Dawnguard DLC, as for which side to take.I have a werewolf character, who's Level 54, and was my first, but the lag has so broken his adventure that I abandoned him (but I'm keeping the save there, so that in case a patch fixes it I can play as him). So my plan is, with the Dawnguard DLC, for my Level 39 Khajiit to become a vampire, and for another future character to become a werewolf and join the Dawnguard. That way I can experiment with both sides.And do you guys know if the emails have gone out yet for acceptance into the 360 Dawnguard beta? I applied, and I NEED TO KNOW.

"The moral of the story is, I chose a half measure when I should have gone all the way. I'll never make that mistake again. No more half measures Walter."

If it helps, the Vampire Lord path seems to be the spellcaster version of werewolves. There are melee attacks of course, but whereas your main werewolf attacks usually involved mauling people, as a Vampire Lord you can do stuff like turn into bats, summon gargoyles, drain life with spells, telekinetically throw people around (to an extent), etc.

rahkshi_symbol.png

Vampire, werewolf, what do I care? They're equally impotent in comparison to a nice Daedric sword.Lycanthropy would be more powerful if they did it the way they had in Morrowind - double hit points instead of +100 like it is now. Always having detect life active.Of course, they had to compensate for you turning into a monster every single night.ALSO, it turns out Daggerfall has fast travel. And it would very much be impossible without it. Or, at the very least, the first people to play it would still be trying to finish the main quest.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Edited by Toa Levacius Zehvor

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

Awhile back I was testing how it was to be a vampire character with my high elf pure shield mage character. It was alright. The no regenerating health or stamina in sunlight is a big drawback for me though.I cured the disease soon after, but after hearing about this DLC, I turned her back into a vampire.Also, there's a two very good perks for vampire mages. One of them makes healing spells regenerate health and stamina which is perfect for my shield mage, and the other one is a perk called necromage which makes all your spells 25% more effective against the undead. While it may not seem good, think about it for a second. You are a vampire. Vampires are considered undead. All of your buffing magic works 25% better now. Healing spells heal more, things like ebony flesh protect more, enchantments for your armor work better, and so on. This has been proven. Makes being a vampire mage so totally worth it.Also, with my main character who is basically a jack of all trades (but mostly a sneaky Argonian duel-wielding warrior conjurer), I'm having a tough time deciding whether to stay a werewolf since I like werewolves better than vampires, or be a vampire lord. Vampire lords can hover, and not to mention, that when I'm in my normal vampire form, my Argonian gets cool fangs. It'll probably come down to that if Argonian vampire lords look different from normal vampire lords, I will be them. I doubt that's the case though.Speaking of different vampire lord forms, is there any word on whether female characters get a different look? I hope so, because my female High elf is seriously going to wonder where her breasts have gone.~U_K~

alienbanner.jpg

So I was playing on Expert with one of my old Characters, was doing the Azura quest and ventured into Ilinata's deep. An Arch Necromancer hit me with a single Ice Spell and took out half my Health and all of my Stamina. Good fun.I'm planning on getting uber GOTY Oblivion w/ Knights of the Nine, Shivering isles, Mehrunes razor, and three new homes soon on Steam when school ends. Only costs $25, and I've thoroughly Skyrimed my Xbox Skyrim game away. I'm planning on making my first character a Nord Barbarian steeped deeply into Daedric worship and kills Unicorns for fun. muahahahahahaha

Signature Guidelines: Signature may not exceed the 800x300 limit. For more reference use the box located in your signature editor.

In the meanwhile: After having finished the main Quest and the Civil War, me, my Dremora lords, and my Forsworn ravager dead thrall have had great fun pillaging and burning every Stormcloak camp. Real shame we can't kill the Officers as well. Why they are marked as essential escapes me..

Signature Guidelines: Signature may not exceed the 800x300 limit. For more reference use the box located in your signature editor.

If you play on PC, there's a moderator that removes the essential tags on them. I downloaded it in a heartbeat, kind of a major oversight on Bethesda's part. I get why they made them essential initially, but they could've removed that once the Civil War was finished. :/Mounted combat is kinda cool so far, but I think they need to work a few things out. Enemies have to be pretty much on the horses hooves to damage, and you're kinda helpless if they attack you from any direction except your right.

rahkshi_symbol.png

If you play on PC, there's a moderator that removes the essential tags on them. I downloaded it in a heartbeat, kind of a major oversight on Bethesda's part. I get why they made them essential initially, but they could've removed that once the Civil War was finished. :/Mounted combat is kinda cool so far, but I think they need to work a few things out. Enemies have to be pretty much on the horses hooves to damage, and you're kinda helpless if they attack you from any direction except your right.
Agreed, Melee mounted combat needs some work, but I'm liking using bows with it, I kited around a mammoth while shooting arrows at it, and it was quite fun.It seems to be great for hit-and-run tactics.~ELM~
andromeda_m31_slideshow.jpg

Am I the only one who thinks Dawnguard is going to be utterly horrible?c I mean, they just completely annihilated and retconned any lore surrounding Skyrim's Vampires AND Elder Scrolls in general. Blegh.
In case nobody else noticed, during the trailer, you can spot a shrine to Molag Bal behind the lead vampire. Molag Bal is, as any Morrowind player can tell you, created the first vampires. There's no reason why these vampires couldn't be gaining their demonic form (which reminds me much of the vamp lord in Underworld 2) by somehow drawing a further connection to Oblivion - if they are using that portal to get into Aethrius and go all Alduin on those dead people, they could easily fuel the power needed for a semi-Daedric form.And if you mean the Elder Scrolls, why can't they do that? They barely exist in the physical plane, and hold more power than any of the Daedric or Aedric beings - aka Gods - and the sun is just a big hole in the sky, not a ball of gas. Heck, from one point of view, closing the hole in the sky is actually repairing the universe. Of course, it would also mean the end to all life, as life only exists by getting that power taken in from Aethrius, so...
Well, a bit of an old reply, but I have recently consulted with somebody far more aquainted with the Lore of TES than me, and these were his replies to your arguements (This sounds rather awkward, lol):
I want to believe those aren't "a vampire's true form" as it's implied, just a special power up. But deep down, I know it's not true - look at vanilla. I could make whole lists of bad writing and retcons there.But you're wrong in saying that's the only retcon with vampires in Skyrim.First up, is that you see multiple vampires living among people. Lore had already established only the Cyrodiilic clans could blend in society.If we assume the vampire lord thingie is their supposed "true form": It's ######. Absolute ######. But if we assume it's something given for the occasion, there's still the thing vampires in TES have NEVER been bat-like.The worst is how they made the Volkihar. In lore, they're a clan with many special characteristics, among them that they live beneath frozen lakes and can reach through the ice without breaking it. But in vanilla Skyrim? Nope! They are just a higher CLASS vampire type. Dawnguard makes it much, much worse. They're living in castles. CASTLES.
And if you mean the Elder Scrolls, why can't they do that? They barely exist in the physical plane, and hold more power than any of the Daedric or Aedric beings - aka Gods - and the sun is just a big hole in the sky, not a ball of gas. Heck, from one point of view, closing the hole in the sky is actually repairing the universe.
There's no problem with using an Elder Scroll to close Magnus. The problem is, the player reads it and understands it fully... Without decades of preparation. The Moth Priests could barely get a bit of it with all that, and now you can completely see it? It's ######. Makes me angry.
Of course, it would also mean the end to all life, as life only exists by getting that power taken in from Aethrius, so...
Wrong, the only things it'd kill are magic and trees.And there is always the possibility there are more. Even if you "ignore" retcons - which is impossible if you give a ###### about the story - it's still bad writing. I don't know if you'll understand me.
Um.

Was that joke a Friends reference? Because an Elder Scrolls version of Friends would be nice.Odahviing as Joey, the Dovahkiin as Chandler, Lydia as Monica...I'm just gonna stop now.

"The moral of the story is, I chose a half measure when I should have gone all the way. I'll never make that mistake again. No more half measures Walter."

I've also been thinking; We already had an organization dedicated to wiping otu vampires, Daedra Worshippers, etc. The Vigilants of Stendarr. Why'd Beth ignore them and pull in this 'Dawnguard'? I already have enough people to kill using every single Daedric Artifact at once, thank you.

Heh. *Puts on super nerd glasses* Well then...I'll address this as if to the writer, for the ease it provides -

I want to believe those aren't "a vampire's true form" as it's implied, just a special power up. But deep down, I know it's not true - look at vanilla. I could make whole lists of bad writing and retcons there.But you're wrong in saying that's the only retcon with vampires in Skyrim.First up, is that you see multiple vampires living among people. Lore had already established only the Cyrodiilic clans could blend in society.If we assume the vampire lord thingie is their supposed "true form": It's ######. Absolute ######. But if we assume it's something given for the occasion, there's still the thing vampires in TES have NEVER been bat-like.The worst is how they made the Volkihar. In lore, they're a clan with many special characteristics, among them that they live beneath frozen lakes and can reach through the ice without breaking it. But in vanilla Skyrim? Nope! They are just a higher CLASS vampire type. Dawnguard makes it much, much worse. They're living in castles. CASTLES.
Why not live in a castle? Sure, you could live under the frozen ice and pull people under. But would you, really? They're not just normal monsters, they're intelligent creatures capable of desiring comfort.As far as the vampire lord thing, you're admitting to the fact that vampires across Tamriel have different varieties. If they're vampire lords with great power, why couldn't they make a direct contact with their progenitor and draw upon the powers in Oblivion to break free of their mortal form? In any case, this assumption is based upon the fact that we've yet to have any questions answered in the game itself. Do we know what Bethesda is going to do? No?When Shivering Isles came out, they stuck a few Hunger in Sheogorath's realm, greatly diminished the Golden Saints powers, and made the Dark Seducers lose their wings and being, well, seductive. Or heck, Arena to Daggerfall. Or Daggerfall, when Atronachs were Golems. Now Fire Daedra and Frost Daedra are Atronachs. Things can change anyways, because you know what? It's Bethesdas game. They're going to do what's fun. I for one find it fun sticking on a suit of heavy armor and rampaging through a dungeon with an enchanted sword, and being a werewolf or vampire isn't what I want. But somebody wants to do it, and at the worst, you get to kill some monsters with glowing eyes.
There's no problem with using an Elder Scroll to close Magnus. The problem is, the player reads it and understands it fully... Without decades of preparation. The Moth Priests could barely get a bit of it with all that, and now you can completely see it? It's ######. Makes me angry.
TBut the player isn't understanding it fully. Nobody can understand it fully - even the Moths can't do it. The gods can't do it, because it's older than they are. In Oblivion, you had very little knowledge of what an Elder Scroll was, just that it was valuable, so reading it did nothing. You could see the cool picture when you read it that showed the star charts and stuff. In Skyrim you know what it is, at least sort of, but you don't comprehend what anything means. So you get temporary blindness that goes away.In any case, the fact you're not a normal person could come into play for some extent. Since you have the blood and soul of an immortal but the body of a mortal, you could very well be a special case. Seeing things as the mortal, but being able to understand it as an immortal, could have some unexplored effect. We wouldn't know, because nobody of the Dragonblood has read the Scrolls before.
Wrong, the only things it'd kill are magic and trees.And there is always the possibility there are more. Even if you "ignore" retcons - which is impossible if you give a ###### about the story - it's still bad writing. I don't know if you'll understand me.
You kind of need plant life to exist for an ecosystem to be sustained.I don't really understand you. Maybe if you're one of those lucky members of the .1% who got a beta key on the X-Box (PC offers better enjoyability to me, but to each their own) and have already played parts of Dawnguard and gone through the story you can say it had bad writing, but since I'm gonna go out on a limb and say you aren't, I can't agree with you. Maybe the DLC will be bad. I doubt it will, unless it ends up being Horse Armor Redux (SPOILER, it's not). If I get 10 hours of gameplay that's as good as the rest of the game I'd be happy; I'll probably extract 20, and a dollar and hour for a video game is not a bad deal.(Also if you know a lot about the lore, you'll know everything in the Elder Scrolls universe is actually a dream being dreamt by a sleeping, all powerful god. Food for thought.)PSJJJJ
Only the greatest Elder Scrolls fans know what PSJJJJ stands for without looking it up.Also, we're Alduin well. Thank's for asking. :D-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa: Edited by Toa Levacius Zehvor

Hm. Starting a new Skyrim game and I've run into some difficulty. I can't decide if I should side with the Stormcloaks or the Imperials this time around.Drat.

Heck, I'm on my first playthrough and I don't know whether to side with the Imps or the Stormies. :PSo yeah, I'm holding off on that decision (and playing through the main questline) for now.

f9Qcky7.png

Join the Stormcloaks! If you join with the Imperials, the Thalmor are that much closer to the goal of cutting off Talos' power from worship, and ending the world.Do you want to end the world so the elves can have their immortality? Do you? :P

So yesterday I bought Oblivon GOTY Deluxe off Steam. After a Three hour Download time ( -_-), I began to play it.Now I feel clinically depressed.I'm running the game at the lowest settings available (though I can run Team Fortress 2 fine), and the game more or less freezes every time I open my Inventory/ a message in the tutorial comes up. When the game Freezes, it never unfreezes, and I'm forced to close and relaunch Oblivon. This I wouldn't mind so much if it didn't happen every 15 minutes, but there's a worse problem: It seems to only be able to hold two Save slots. When I got bored and stopped, my brother came on. After I came back on, I hit load game and my saves were gone, replaced by two of his. I started a new character and played until the game froze, And when I relaunched Oblivion, my brother's saves were gone. ASDFGHJKLDROTIDFJJR[GE[GJS[GKJSG
Want my advice? Don't by digital copies of video games if you can get a physical one. The only problems I ever experienced with Oblivion were when I had a corrupt file on Knights of the Nine, and that was only when I was running that plugin. We called Bethesda tech support and got that fixed. Then there was a bit of lag that came into play after I started mass downloading mods, but that was, again, not the games fault.I really don't know what could be causing that, but it might be linked to a keyboard issue. I can't read that last sentence.(That was a joke and everyone should laugh at it.)-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

I hope my character can be a mediator between them, really, so they will enter a truce.(I read that was possible.)

f9Qcky7.png

I hope my character can be a mediator between them, really, so they will enter a truce.(I read that was possible.)
Sort of.

During the Main Quest, if the war is still going on, you can a cease fire ordered until Alduin is slain. After that, the war is back on.

I play the game from an atheist perspective. :PSo that removes Talos from the equation.
Easy perspective to hold until everybody dies and the elves ascent to immortality.(Which is why I say every single Altmer needs to die just to be sure that doesn't happen.)-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Well, I joined the Imperials strictly because I hate the Thalmor, and it seems to me from in-game dialogue that the Empire is pretty much biding its time until they get strong enough to take on the Thalmor again. The Thalmor themselves seem to be expecting it, and I just think that a reunited Tamriel has a better chance of winning against those elves than an independent Skyrim does.

rahkshi_symbol.png

I'm not worried about the Elves taking over. I can just put the settings to Easy.
Going for the easiest approach, huh?Me, I sided with Stormcloaks. I hate Imperials. They wanted to kill me and I didn't like that. I'm quite a revengeful guy. And I also don't like Thalmors, they're really annoying with their arrogance. Everytime I cross them while they're escorting some prisoner I feel the intense desire to kill them just because of their words.Therefore, Stormcloaks.

The Stormcloaks were far too racist for my tastes, and I read you have to

sack Whiterun

.Hence why I joined the Imperials, although it took me forever to decide.

I see your point, but

if one joins the Empire, then he'll have to raid Windhelm. But, if one kills Ulfric for the Imperials, he can be found in Sovngarde complaining about his choice to attack the Empire, this way weakening it and strengthening Thalmors.

So, the choice depends much on how the player feels "related" to a side. Each of the two have good and bad points.