The Elder Scrolls

What the...Apparently if you hit a dragon hard enough, he will freak out, hit the ground and leave an impact crater and wake trench.
And it is glorious.

~Avatar's original image was made by the incomparable Egophiliac.~

~Electronic Manic Supersonic Bionic Energy~

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

Shearpoint is the worst mountain ever. Stupid Krosis...
That's how I felt too, until I lured the dragon to me from afar with a nice little arrow in its rear...Krosis didn't wake up and I had a glorious battle with the dragon. :PThen I went after Krosis, who was a pain in the flank.

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

Oh yeah, I fought em separately too. God help the player who ends up having to take them both on at once.I tried a blacksmith's potion, but I could still only upgrade it to exquisite. I didn't have any smithing potion or enchantments when I got my daedric gear up to legendary, though.

rahkshi_symbol.png

Oh yeah, I fought em separately too. God help the player who ends up having to take them both on at once.
I'm guilty of it. :P

f9Qcky7.png

I imagine it was a short fight? :PAll right, so I tried drinking a potion that improved my smithing by 50%, but still only got the thing up to epic, just shy of legendary. It's still ludicrously strong for a one-handed weapon lol, just thought it was odd.

rahkshi_symbol.png

I know, I generally prefer swords, but it's base damage is 16, same as a daedric sword, plus it does 25 points of stamina and magicka damage, and soul trap. Considering you can get it as early as level 7, it's a pretty decent one-handed weapon.Edit: Wait, I lied, now uesp is telling me you can start the quest at level 1.

Edited by Takatu
rahkshi_symbol.png

I can't remember much from that quest, but have you looked around to see what is exploding? There might be a Fire Rune rigged nearby. In that case, you can detonate it from a distance by using a spell of your own.EDIT: If you meant a rock wall blocking your way and the "exploding" was just you being figurative, then it is a known bug. You may try reloading an earlier save several times over, or perhaps noclip past the wall with console commands.

Edited by Katuko

I can't remember much from that quest, but have you looked around to see what is exploding? There might be a Fire Rune rigged nearby. In that case, you can detonate it from a distance by using a spell of your own.EDIT: If you meant a rock wall blocking your way and the "exploding" was just you being figurative, then it is a known bug. You may try reloading an earlier save several times over, or perhaps noclip past the wall with console commands.
No, no, I'm exploding for the rage! There's no rune there, it's just the wall that shouldn't be there, blocking me. I've tried reloading earlier save files, but it doesn't work. As for console commands, I wish XBox had those...

Well, then I can say that you are well and truly *bleeped* as far as that quest goes. Unless, of course, you do like some people have done and transfer your XBOX save to PC, so that someone who owns the PC version and knows how (*cough*) can revert the quest to an earlier point or otherwise get you past/remove the wall.Of course, that will also require converting the save to work on PC first, and since I don't have an XBOX or PS3 I haven't bothered to get any programs that can do that.

Edited by Katuko

If you have a pickaxe, look in the bottom right corner of the wall and there may be on option to mine corundum ore from a vein there. The animation should shift you to the other side of the wall, but it's recommend you exit out of it immediately to make sure you stay on that side.

rahkshi_symbol.png

If you have a pickaxe, look in the bottom right corner of the wall and there may be on option to mine corundum ore from a vein there. The animation should shift you to the other side of the wall, but it's recommend you exit out of it immediately to make sure you stay on that side.
The fact is, it actually saysExtract mineral(A) Iron veinI've tried to mine it, to hit it, but I can't still get past it. The fun fact is, a bandit on the other side can actually come past it and attack me. Maybe, if I manage to decapitate him and get past the wall during the animation... But then, how would I get past it again?...Perhaps I'm gonna leave that quest uncompleted.

During the Companions questline, is there anything really worth doing after becoming a Werewolf (I joined for the express purpose of becoming one, and it was so worth it :P)?And by that I mean loot, armour and weapons that are at all useful for a guy at Level 30-something with Dark Brotherhood and Thieves Guild stuff.

Dawnguard jealousy. ;_; Speaking of which, it's been a few weeks now since that came out, when can we at least know when PC and PS3 are getting it? D:Also, I understand one of the prominent new vampires, Serana, is voiced by Laura Bailey. I will love it if that's a reference to BoodRayne.

rahkshi_symbol.png

As I understand, it's allowed to be launched on all other platforms a month after the 360. This is because of Microsoft's iron-clad Distribution Rights agreement they have with Bethesda.

Edited by Makaru

20383310448_7d514f8ffa.jpg

Spoiler Alert

During the Companions questline, is there anything really worth doing after becoming a Werewolf (I joined for the express purpose of becoming one, and it was so worth it :P)?And by that I mean loot, armour and weapons that are at all useful for a guy at Level 30-something with Dark Brotherhood and Thieves Guild stuff.
Shield of Ysgramor and Wuuthgard are both pretty nice. Plus you could always sell them if nothing else.

ryuki-kr-miho.jpg

Shield of Ysgramor and Wuuthgard are both pretty nice. Plus you could always sell them if nothing else.
I have both mounted together above my bed in Breezehome. :P
Gah, I had two Elder Dragons spawn.Right in the potions...
Sounds familiar...I had two spawn right after each at the College of Winterhold.I saw one dragon and killed it.Then another dragon attacked.Killed it too. :PGotta love the Spellbreaker shield! Edited by Valenti

f9Qcky7.png

Same here, along with my Axe of Whiterun.
My Axe of Whiterun is mounted in the weapons rack near the entrance, alongside my Blade of Hjaalmarch. Got the Blade of Winterhold hanging around somewhere.I also hid my Ebony Blade in my quarters at the College of Winterhold. *whistles innocently* Edited by Valenti

f9Qcky7.png

My follower J'zargo carries Sanguine Rose. :P He really likes to spawn the Dremora into battle. :PAnd I carry Nettlebane for 15x damage sneak attacks. ^_^On another note, I subscribed to a nice modification that adds female Quarian armor (from the Mass Effect trilogy) to the game. xD It's a nice light armor, available in red, blue and Tali purple.

f9Qcky7.png

Yup, they're what you can find there. Nothing more valuable. If you want to, you could also buy Wolf Armor from Eorlund.

Well, I'd never play either Fallout or Skyrim on a console because of everything you can do on PC. The in-game console commands alone could arguably be a selling factor, since it allows you to bypass bugs and mess around. The tons of mods available also heightens the experience something fierce.You won't kill your PC with mods unless you are actively trying to. The worst that can happen is that the game crashes while it runs, or perhaps your PC if you go really overkill on graphics and stuff. Either way, permanent damage? You'd need to be looking for it, I dare say. If a moderator goes wrong, uninstall it, no problem.So yeah, glorious PC master race. :P

Finished The Elder Scrolls V: Dawnguard over the time my computer was broken. I went with the vampires, and the rest of this Dawnguard talk is going to have to be in a spoiler tag.

As soon as that guy whose name I can't remember gave me the quest Dawnguard, I pickpocketed his crossbow and some steel bolts to test it out. After that, I went to Fort Dawnguard and began Awakening, which is where the real fun kicked in (anyone else have trouble finding the exit?). Once Serana's father Lord Harkon asked me if I wanted the power he could give me, I chose to become a Vampire Lord!The rest of the questline was extremely fun, and the boss battle against Harkon had much more dynamic combat than Skyrim's usual, what with his Vampire Lord form and the use of Auriel's Bow to prevent him from healing himself. The Soul Cairn was definitely a highlight, and I enjoyed searching and searching until I found Arvak's skull, as well as the Soul Husk merchant (don't remember his name, either). I currently have found four pages of Saint Jiub's Opus, and on a non-Soul Cairn note, completed Lost to the Ages. I went with the crown, because the benefits just seemed so great. I wanted some cool advantages, but had to stick with just the Steed Stone for carry weight up until now. So, once I've completed the second (out of two) included side quests (three, if you count Arvak's skull), I will have concluded my time with Dawnguard, and hopefully have all the vampire perks (I'm getting close).

A Dawnguard question-can I go back to Vampire Lord form if I want to cure myself temporarily, maybe try out the lycanthropy perks?Oh, and one more thing: I finally have an idea I like for an Elder Scrolls fanfic. Haven't been able to come up with a premise I liked until now. I'll put my idea in a spoiler tag:

It was somewhat inspired by "Lost to the Ages", the way that Aetherium was one of the Dwemer secrets, and you uncovered a small portion of it. My story is set anywhere from 15-40 years after the events of Skyrim, and the Dovahkiin is dead, most likely of natural causes (a few plot points have yet to be finalized). He is buried in the Tomb of the Dovahkiin (this, if I go with one idea for the second half, will be less of a side note and more significant). But the main characters are a group of young, aspiring Dwemer scholars, and the group includes a variety of Skyrim's races. One of them, more or less the main character, has been trying to uncover a Dwarven mystery-he believes that the Dwemer texts that have been found were written to protect the secrecy of the biggest Dwarven city, which is also the Dwemer's best-kept secret (note: I don't have a name for this city yet).He believes that some Dwemer may still be alive in the city, possibly with some snow elves, and convinces his friends to help him uncover it. They explore a small Dwarven ruin that leads them to a much larger, well-hidden one, with more elaborate traps. I'm also considering including another group who follows them there, trying to take credit for their discoveries. Anyways, after making their way through this huge ruin (this would be Book I (you know how some books are divided into, well, books) if I decide to add the second part). Book I would end as they reach the fully intact city where the Dwemer still live, and Book II would involve the Dwemer's horrible plan for revenge on the Nords, and the group's attempt to stop it. Thoughts? Should it end when they uncover the city, or should the premise for Book II be included?

Edited by PurpleBouncy

"The moral of the story is, I chose a half measure when I should have gone all the way. I'll never make that mistake again. No more half measures Walter."

Well, I'd never play either Fallout or Skyrim on a console because of everything you can do on PC. The in-game console commands alone could arguably be a selling factor, since it allows you to bypass bugs and mess around. The tons of mods available also heightens the experience something fierce.You won't kill your PC with mods unless you are actively trying to. The worst that can happen is that the game crashes while it runs, or perhaps your PC if you go really overkill on graphics and stuff. Either way, permanent damage? You'd need to be looking for it, I dare say. If a moderator goes wrong, uninstall it, no problem.So yeah, glorious PC master race. :P
I was actually worried about the game itself killing it because to put it bluntly, my PC sucks :P I get frequent lag and crashes from Portal, which is a much smaller game than Skyrim, which has an entire world and hundreds of hours of gameplay to sustain.Some of the mods I've seen look awesome, especially some of the quest ones, like one where you travel to the plains of Oblivion to do stuff, and another involving the Mines of Moria :rolleyes:

On an unrelated note, it appears I am being stalked by a dead dragon. I know it's the same one because I've looted its body multiple times. The catch is, I can't eat its soul, and it randomly spawns after loading screens. It doesn't appear everywhere I go, but it is really annoying, especially when I'm leaving a building and this huge dragon corpse just lands on top of the marketplace. Just now, in fact, it spawned inside a building. Not as in, I was inside and it spawned, I was outside and it spawned with the building glitching through its body.Seriously guys. This thing's starting to scare me :P