Toa Mata Reimagined

I like that you stuck with a similar build for all of them, especially the torso, which itself uses the Mata feet very effectively and creatively. I think if you put something extra over their chest area for armor or just shape they'd look even better, less exposed. I love the variety in the arm builds, Kopaka/Lewa/Gali's most of all, the gears look great there. You did a really great job with these, and I am impressed that you still have the original 2001 masks! Lucky you, having the parts to make sweet builds like these ^^

pomegranate-banner-sm.png .

These look pretty darn cool! I honestly would've preferred sets similar to this than the ugly Phantoka and Mistika sets. You really managed to capture the likeness of the Mata using a more Inika-ish build, which actually looks a lot better than I originally suspected!  ;)

I agree that it is a pretty basic build, but the Mata-foot torso design looks pretty cool!

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

• 4 weeks later...

I love the way you did the torso/shoulder joints. I might have to use something like that sometime.

One thing, though (pretty minor, since it's mostly just a colour scheme thing); I'm not sure how much I like the light blue on Kopaka's feet and hands.

rsz_screenshot_from_un_chien_andalou.jpg
My Writing Blog (more writing coming soon!)

My Bionicle/LEGO Blog (defunct)

Hyfudiar on Spotify (noise/drone/experimental music)