Patriots [Bionicle Comic]

Vorred

wAx83YM.jpg

Welcome yet again to the land of Balfe Nui!

After the Toa of the Farside Village escaped from the protosteel worm, they were recruited by the Patriots, a group of Elite Toa. The threat of Nuva and his infected warriors is still there, and the new team must do everything in their power to stop him...

This comic was made in 2013. This is the direct sequel to Uprising, so make sure to read that story first!

Here are the links to each page:

Prolog: Assault
Chapter 1: Gathering
Chapter 2: Swampland
Chapter 3: Heights
Chapter 4: Solitude
Chapter 5: Renegade
Chapter 6: Resurrection
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Epilog

Edit: Cancelled due to the limited amount of interest.

I hope you enjoy!

Made using: Sanyo Xacti S4 and iPhone 5 (camera), Comic Life 2, Gimp 2.8 and Picasa 3 Edited by Vorred
  • Upvote 5

wnimDt6.jpg

EXztX3v.jpg

What happened to the Toa team from Uprising? You said that they were recruited by the patriots, but I haven't seen any of the five Toa that look like the Toa Nuva.

They have gotten upgraded Inika-styled armors, just like it was told to you in Chapter 1. Haven't you recognized the obvious similarities between the "recolored Toa Nuva" and the team here? They also share the same names. I wonder how you could've missed that :o

wnimDt6.jpg

EXztX3v.jpg

What happened to the Toa team from Uprising? You said that they were recruited by the patriots, but I haven't seen any of the five Toa that look like the Toa Nuva.

They have gotten upgraded Inika-styled armors, just like it was told to you in Chapter 1. Haven't you recognized the obvious similarities between the "recolored Toa Nuva" and the team here? They also share the same names. I wonder how you could've missed that :o

I expected them to look like recolors of the Toa Inika.

I HATE SCORPIOS

~Pohatu Master of Stone, 2015

Woo! I see chapter 6 has been updated, and with it I feel prompted to post some feedback. Yours is a strong story arc and I feel it deserves more discussion that it's getting at the moment.

Having read the story in its earliest stage, Chapter 6 always struck me as an engaging installment with some masterful camerawork that I remain very fond of. :P The images do seem blurry and unfocused in some instances, which add to the illusory effect and there is a great contrast going on between the two varying perspectives.

It was interesting to see Kalvost the Skakdi reappear and I loved how he seemed to be dozing when the red warrior chained him up. It made for quite a comical effect. I liked how he kicked Solunus aside but I noticed how you moved Solunus between the shots on my second reading. It's not very noticeable, but it looks a little awkward. :P Still, that's only a minor, personal grievance.

Regardless, I don't think that there is much to detract from the overall concept. Your use of setting is, once again, very appropriate. I particularly liked how you used the backdrop behind Nuva in these pictures

From what I can gather, this chapter does draw into question which characters are really the bad guys. Nuva speaks of liberation and is polite towards Theran whereas Solunus speaks of sacrifice, infection and revenge. He seems like a dictatorial, secretive, rude, violent and bitter individual who has promiscuous intentions. Solunus really is developing into another complex character and appears to be abusing his power. As Range pointed out in Chapter 7, he always seems to be absent or late. Doesn't strike me as a great leader. He does well at all the public speaking but he keeps to himself a LOT and doesn't reveal much to his followers, which aroused my suspicions. His questionable depiction here consolidated my doubts.

Another excellent installment, though it feels strange not to see the other Farside Toa in the crowd. It's a little isolating as there aren't really any links back to the original story in this chapter apart from Nuva, Gringat, Solace and Sycco, hardly any of which had much screentime before. Since their leader is missing it makes me wonder what happened to Range, Merall and Brorag in the gap in between the chapters. It also leaves the unanswered question of where's Range? Did the Forgotten Warrior just leave him unconscious? Did Merall and Brorag manage to save him but not Theran? Minor grievances, but they're the only real faults I can think of.

As always, you fail to disappoint. Another great chapter and some amazing character development. :P

• Upvote 1

You saw the effect, yay! It was intentional of course, those images were once very sharp and had balanced colors, but I thought the perspective of a Forgotten Warrior might be different, so I added some blur and intesity effects.

I was quite surprised by those shots aswell. I had them on my hard drive for some time and when I took them out for editing I noticed that something went wrong... but the camp is so overgrown by the nearby plants by now that I couldn't retake them. I fear little errors like that just happen.

It's always great to hear when somebody points out specific pictures he liked the most! The ones you mentioned are pretty new ones so that might be the reason they look better :)

Solunus is one of the characters that weren't originally intended to be so important but the character developement... just happened. And like I see my plan has worked again... I set discord into another reader's mind about who are the "bad guys" :P

The gap is never completely filled, just like the other Toa's story in Uprising. It could be a part of the Writing Contest...

But the real reason none of the Farside Toa appeared is that they are still on their way back after the encounter with the undead which infected Theran. The walk takes some time, you know? :D

Thanks a lot for the in-depth review!

No no no no no don't infect Theran! He's one of my favorites! Besides the village leader with the Kualsi and awesome red fins on the side, that is.

I forgot to update the post here, but the sixth chapter has been released. You can find out what happens to Theran there! :D

wnimDt6.jpg

EXztX3v.jpg