Anything You Want

Kopekemaster

So, there's already a thread (or, at least, there was) about a licensed theme that you want LEGO to do.

This thread is somewhat similar to that, but this time, you can say anything you want LEGO to make. It could be a single minifigure, it could be a licensed theme, it could be a non-licensed theme, just anything.

Anyway, the three I can really think of, right now, would be a minifigure of Edgar Allan Poe, a series of system-style H.P. Lovecraft creatures, and a line of City-kind of stuff, but placed in Europe in the 1800's. So, we'd get vehicles, buildings, and all that jazz. It would be pretty darn cool.

What do you guys want/NEED.

rsz_screenshot_from_un_chien_andalou.jpg
My Writing Blog (more writing coming soon!)

My Bionicle/LEGO Blog (defunct)

Hyfudiar on Spotify (noise/drone/experimental music)

All I want is a new, original constraction line. Not Bionicle back from the dead (though that's nice too) not constraction sets based on other lines, anything like that. I just want a new and original new constraction theme that looks and feels like a new and original constraction theme. 

• Upvote 3

AXKP5KC.png

All I want is a new, original constraction line. Not Bionicle back from the dead (though that's nice too) not constraction sets based on other lines, anything like that. I just want a new and original new constraction theme that looks and feels like a new and original constraction theme. 

first of all: i wholeheartedly agree with this

second: a System space line that focuses more on buildings than vehicles, or puts an equal emphasis on both. essentially a sci-fi City line. alternately, another space line that isn't solely focused on conflict. we haven't had one since Life On Mars, which was a fantastic line, and that was thirteen years ago

..the return of sand red and/or purple would also be greatly appreciated

• Upvote 2

I want a Samus Minifig. Also a Pit one. Maybe link.

They should just make a Smash Bros arena set and include like all of the characters as minifigs. I think there was a project on Cusoo for that awhile ago.

3DS Freind Code: 1693-0634-1082 Name: Joey

I also have Mario Kart 7, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon Y and Kid Icarus: Uprising

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

Click here for the BZP Destiny Group

...a System space line that focuses more on buildings than vehicles, or puts an equal emphasis on both. essentially a sci-fi City line. alternately, another space line that isn't solely focused on conflict. we haven't had one since Life On Mars, which was a fantastic line, and that was thirteen years ago

Welp, that was pretty much exactly what I was gonna post, so I guess I can just reiterate this.

Mata Nui robot set. Must be at least two feet tall, fully pose-able, and look like the "real" one. And an omnibus book of all of the Bionicle books and serials 2001-2010. And a Bionicle MMORPG. 

I also want models of the city towers from the HF episode The Enemy Within, complete with the signs on the top.

Very few of these things are likely for me to obtain in my lifetime. :P

Anything Dragon Ball Z and maybe Naruto along with a video game or two for either. I also want a theme, constraction optional, with a story as awesome as BIONICLE's and sets that don't stick with the same build for years on end (if constraction). I want another amazing theme and story that's good enough to be a proper replacement to BIONICLE.

mindeth the cobwebs

I would want a Metroid theme, with Samus, Ridley, Meta Ridley, Mother Brain, a Metroid, Dark Samus, Kraid, and Samus's Gunship from Metroid Prime 1 all as sets. I would even want Samus's Metroid Prime 3 Gunship as a set too, because that ship was awesome.

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

First and foremost, I would like a return to classic space; the aesthetic and simple design, the minifigs, and most of all, its feel - the spirit of exploration. Couple that with an awesome sci fi story, free of frivolity (essentially avoiding anything Hero Factory-ish like the plague), with mystery, suspense, and discovery being its driving forces, and I would be in heaven.

It would also be pretty epic to have a science line, it could be primarily for collectors like Architecture is, with models of various scientific instruments, and mini figures of prominent scientists (I would love little more than to have a Stephen Hawking and Richard Feynman minifigures). Then there could be a little description of the experiment/physics behind the set, and a bio of the scientist. They can have current things like a microscale neutrino detector, and past experiments, like Rutherford's good foil experiment.

=)

Edited by Space: Ocean of Awe
  • Upvote 1

"Baby, in the final analyses, love is power. That's where the power's at."

Tumblr

Twitter

Wattpad

I know it would never, ever happen, but I'd love LEGO American Civil War or LEGO World War II. There could be small Battle Pack-style sets with generic soldiers from specific countries, medium-sized sets of major battles including famous commanders, and the big sets would be vehicles like the B-29 bomber.

*sigh* If only that whackjob didn't build Auschwitz out of LEGO, now LEGO would never do it for real. Oh well. At least we have LEGO Abraham Lincoln.

• Upvote 2

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

I know it would never, ever happen, but I'd love LEGO American Civil War or LEGO World War II. There could be small Battle Pack-style sets with generic soldiers from specific countries, medium-sized sets of major battles including famous commanders, and the big sets would be vehicles like the B-29 bomber.

*sigh* If only that whackjob didn't build Auschwitz out of LEGO, now LEGO would never do it for real. Oh well. At least we have LEGO Abraham Lincoln.

The LEGO Group was vehemently anti-war in their subject matter. The original Castle set was yellow specifically because Godtfred Kirk Christiansen was worried that if you gave kids grey bricks they would use them to make tanks.

Honestly, some of their more recent themes HAVE come very close to including war-related content, specifically in the Indiana Jones theme and some other licensed themes. But the LEGO Group has never made a modern, real-world war the focus of a set or theme, just its context.

The LEGO Group was vehemently anti-war in their subject matter. The original Castle set was yellow specifically because Godtfred Kirk Christiansen was worried that if you gave kids grey bricks they would use them to make tanks.

Honestly, some of their more recent themes HAVE come very close to including war-related content, specifically in the Indiana Jones theme and some other licensed themes. But the LEGO Group has never made a modern, real-world war the focus of a set or theme, just its context.

I know, but I can dream.

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

• 3 weeks later...

ANYTHING? How about a 1:1 replica of the universe? :P

Eh heh. Well, a GSR set would come in handy...

;)

Heh, I was thinking of the *actual* universe...but now that you say it, the GSR would be feasible by comparison, and would probably take most of a lifetime to fully explore. I think I like this option better! Now to get Lego to make one... :smeag:

Western.

Yeah I know we just got Lone Ranger and, while I don't know the sales numbers, I'm guessing it did not do that well. But from a historical and even somewhat mythological perspective I think it's a very interesting setting that deserves exploration. It doesn't necessarily have to be Cowboys and Indians like it was in the 90's. It could be sheriffs and outlaws, adventuring, or even some sort of "western legends" line that includes sets based on folk tales like Pecos Bill or Paul Bunyan.

BZPRPG

Western.

Yeah I know we just got Lone Ranger and, while I don't know the sales numbers, I'm guessing it did not do that well. But from a historical and even somewhat mythological perspective I think it's a very interesting setting that deserves exploration. It doesn't necessarily have to be Cowboys and Indians like it was in the 90's. It could be sheriffs and outlaws, adventuring, or even some sort of "western legends" line that includes sets based on folk tales like Pecos Bill or Paul Bunyan.

I would love a gold mine set placed in that theme.

Edited by Kopekemaster

If Lego is vehemently anti-war, why did they produce 2 models of the Sopwith camel, a WWI war plane? Additionally, if that was okay, why would they have a problem with WWII?

Edited by Smooth Jazz

"I pitea the fool!"

(quote by Chro)

98.7% OF BZPOWER MEMBERS HAVEN'T SEEN MY BUCKET 

IF YOU ARE ONE OF THE 1.3% THAT HAS SEEN MY BUCKET, COPY THIS AND PASTE IT INTO YOUR SIGNATURE

I MISS MY BUCKET 

If Lego is vehemently anti-war, I'm wondering, why did they produce 2 models of the Sopwith camel, a WWI war plane? Additionally, if that was okay, why would they have a problem with WWII?

selling a model of a military plane without any visible weaponry on it is very different from selling a line of sets that feature small, people-like figures reenacting the biggest war in history.

• Upvote 1

If Lego is vehemently anti-war, why did they produce 2 models of the Sopwith camel, a WWI war plane? Additionally, if that was okay, why would they have a problem with WWII?

But the LEGO Group has never made a modern, real-world war the focus of a set or theme, just its context.

That kind of answers it. (Along with what Arc said.)

Edited by Kopekemaster

If Lego is vehemently anti-war, I'm wondering, why did they produce 2 models of the Sopwith camel, a WWI war plane? Additionally, if that was okay, why would they have a problem with WWII?

selling a model of a military plane without any visible weaponry on it is very different from selling a line of sets that feature small, people-like figures reenacting the biggest war in history.

Actually, both Sopwith Camel sets had brick-built machine guns mounted behind the propellor. So "no visible weaponry" might be overstating things a bit.

But I'm talking about way back in the late 1970s. The LEGO Group was a LOT more strict about not including anything that could be construed as military back than they were in 2001. There's no way they would release a theme like Star Wars that had "war" in its name back in 1978 or 1979.

Also, World War II was the deadliest conflict in recorded human history. It's also a conflict that is a point of deep cultural shame for Germany, which has always been one of the LEGO Group's most significant markets. So there are plenty of reasons a company might have more of a problem with products related to World War II than with products related to World War I.

• Upvote 8

• 2 weeks later...

For themes I'd want Doctor Who or Super Smash Bros, and for minifigures I want Metal Sonic.

BZpower themed set.

How would that work out? I don't know.

Bionifight? Ultimate alone had plenty of fighters to turn into figures, as well as Smaug, Canis's Dinosaur and Void. If it were using minifigures, we had several arenas that could be play sets. Now there's Drift Force, so several more characters could be added, and there's 4 other games to take from.

xoTlRfR.png

Banner by jed1ndy

"Master of Shadows and Game-running Compliants, Ǝɹsɐʇz Ԁᴉɹɐʞɐ ᴉu qlɐɔʞ' No˙ 999, Vezon of the Twighlight"