Atakus Skrall Blades Origin Theory

So the recent talk about Velika's agents started accusing Atakus due to his unique blades, and while that does seem to be a silly reason for him to be the informant, it gave me an idea regarding where they come from.

I think that Atakus' blades are made from some type of Protodermis.

So first of all, it's stated that the blades are alien to BARA MAGNA technology, which we already know wasn't that great when the 2009 story took place. Now when the word "alien" is thrown around, people automatically think that it refers to extraterrestrial beings, but what if this "alien" tech is made with technology that was used to construct Mata Nui and his Universe/World, thus making it alien or "otherwordly" in that sense.

Secondly, it's stated that they were found by, what was thought, to be a Baterra camp. Since the Skrall could have been misguided if this was a camp or not (most likely not since they would've been dead as they were handling weapons), it is possible that the encampment was just an area where the GBs threw away past experiments and tools, or that they simply ended up there on accident. It is quite possible that they were experimenting with making simpler things out of protodermis, like blades, before jumping into creating sentient beings.

Those are the two points I have so far.

So what do you think?

• Upvote 4

Archon                      

"For one to truly feel alive, the person must kill oneself a little bit each and every day."

Check out my MOC, one of the new generation of Toa on Spherus Magna!

***Toa Kyraan***

I agree. Atakus could be one of the spies, but the blades aren't any form of proof. 

The Bs01 page says that the blades were built using technology that was alien to Bara Magna (which is why they glow), but I'd like to point out that the design is exactly the same as every other Skrall blade. Note that the normal Skrall tribal design blades were not built by, or based on, alien tech. They were made by the GBs, as far as I know. My guess is that the GBs were fooling around with some alien tech they somehow got their hands on and copied the design of a weapon type they'd already created. The blades that Atakus eventually found are the result of that experiment. 

That's it. Mystery solved. We've blown this whole thing out of proportion when there's likely a very simple solution like the one I've just suggested. 

That's what I think, at least. Anyone agree?

• Upvote 2

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Teaser

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

I agree. Atakus could be one of the spies, but the blades aren't any form of proof. 

The Bs01 page says that the blades were built using technology that was alien to Bara Magna (which is why they glow), but I'd like to point out that the design is exactly the same as every other Skrall blade. Note that the normal Skrall tribal design blades were not built by, or based on, alien tech. They were made by the GBs, as far as I know. My guess is that the GBs were fooling around with some alien tech they somehow got their hands on and copied the design of a weapon type they'd already created. The blades that Atakus eventually found are the result of that experiment. 

That's it. Mystery solved. We've blown this whole thing out of proportion when there's likely a very simple solution like the one I've just suggested. 

What do you mean with "exactly the same as every other Skrall blade"? Do you mean red blades? Red blades and green blades - the same Skrall Tribal Design Blades I think.    

And sorry for my bad English.

Yeah, most of the good points to be made about this subject are already here.

Unless UFO's are now visiting Bara Magna and handing out random weapons, the only thing that particularly classifies as alien as I can tell is anything from the matoran universe/made by the Great Beings.

Pretty much I think that we're on the same page, but I don't think there was any alien tech that GBs reverse-engineered, rather I just think they got some Energized Protodermis, developed some kind of Protodermis that was still energized (hence the glow) but save to handle, but not quite the the Protodermis we see today. Basically, I believe that it could be a proto-Protodermis weapon that they discarded/lost. :P

Who knows, if they were created out of Protodermis, maybe a Matoran Universe inhabitant could trigger the power of the weapon?

• Upvote 1

Archon                      

"For one to truly feel alive, the person must kill oneself a little bit each and every day."

***Toa Kyraan***

It would nicely explain why they're called alien yet they're in the same style as normal Rock Tribe designs; the alien part would just be the material.

However, I still think it's much better if they are evidence of a pre-prototype-robot alien scouting expedition to Spherus Magna, found out by the Great Beings and inspiring their desire to spy on alien worlds (to built prototype and later GSR), to see if any of them are threats, etc.

The "alien material" explanation could still work, especially if the alien scouts altered the designs of their tech upon landing to blend in with the natives (like how on Star Trek they will often surgically alter their faces to look aliens to spy on primitive worlds to avoid breaking the Prime Directive; in this case it wouldn't necessarily be out of good intentions but simply for the safety of the small number of scouts in case the beings they find here would be afraid and attack them, etc.).

Edited by bonesiii
  • Upvote 2

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

Rock Tribe :P

And I agree that mixing in Aliens into Spherus Magna would be AWESOME however since the story seems to be paused I think that making them legitimately extraterrestrial would only complicate a story that already has many loose ends.

I just think that my Protodermic explanation wraps up a loose end neatly. :)

Archon                      

***Toa Kyraan***

And I agree that mixing in Aliens into Spherus Magna would be AWESOME however since the story seems to be paused I think that making them legitimately extraterrestrial would only complicate a story that already has many loose ends.

Actually I don't think it would. An alternate explanation is possible, but something extraordinary had to motivate this particular world to try to build an uber-mega-giant (prototype version). If it's just protodermis, it ties up a tiny loose end of what Atakus' blade is, but it doesn't tie up the enormous loose end of why they tried to build such a spacecraft (this was well before the Shattering or knowledge that the Shattering would occur, remember).

This would actually simplify things.

It's easy to believe one of the other inhabited worlds in the Solis Magna system invented basically a glorified space shuttle and managed to land on another one (Spherus Magna). That's not that complicated at all, but the idea of making such a huge craft as the prototype robot, that implies a BIG motivation.

(The alternate explanation would be maybe the GBs simply had superpowerful telescopes and saw evidence of alien activity on one of those worlds.)

Either could work, but I'm not convinced the protodermis explanation is better. After all, many Agori knew it was being made on Spherus Magna; would they call that alien? The whole war was about the natural version, in their own planet's core.

Edit: Also, Spherus Magna isn't Earth/Terra, so "extraterrestrial" is wrong word. :P :lol:

Edited by bonesiii
  • Upvote 3

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

That's a good theory. It'd be fun to think they he has protodermis. Remember how big of a deal it was when the Toa found a scroll in in the Great Temple? Paper was unheard of! 

But not sure if his alien blades still make him a spy. It sounds like a lot of the Bara Magna story with spelunking and secret ruins got rushed/scrapped to wrap up Bionicle. So Atakus could just be a dead-end minor plot point that was never finished.

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell