Creon Strike Bomber

15026304212_c0c2e89719_z.jpg

The Imperial Navy commissioned a new strike bomber in 2178 to replace their aging Laius. It took Orion's Military R&D wing two years to design and build the Creon Strike Bomber. Unlike prior bombers, the Creon adopts a strictly space focus position. Besides being inoperable in atmosphere, its sole armaments are the cannons on either side. The massive rounds propelled in part by the energy generated in the connected nacelles, though too slow to be effective against enemy fighters, are devastating against frigates and capital ships.

14840009000_ea5285e1e9_z.jpg

Pictured here is the factory model, though given an additional coat of black to make it more, in the words of lead designer Jensen, striking. The Imperial Navy ordered an additional batch upon receiving their initial request. Their variant is gray with the familiar insignia on either wing.

Upon finding out about the American Empire's new acquisition, the other ultrapowers decided to act. ESAU ordered their own complement (theirs are a deep blue with white instead of the gray on the factory model). The Collective and Federation, however, have turned to internal sources for their new bombers. Currently, the Creon can also be found in larger paramilitary groups, though ARV is the only who have publicly announced their deployment.

15026665935_32c8600679_q.jpg••15026304112_4d887f02a2_q.jpg••15026304052_f5a682f636_q.jpg••15026665875_cb174e9cee_q.jpg

I wanted to build a spaceship ever since I saw The LEGO Movie back in January (early screenings ftw). While in SC for the summer I had access to my bricks and promptly built a spaceship while watching copious amounts of Parks and Rec.

One thing became obvious while building: My building LEGOs are hopelessly out of date. I mean, my grays are in old gray for crying out loud. This means that I didn't have access to any of those newfound fancy pieces (all of my new sets are either assembled or in their baggies waiting to be reassembled). Due to that, this MOC looks to me like one built a decade ago.

Which is pretty cool.

I also tried to use as much SNOT as possible, as you can see on the nose and around the forward gray strip. Mostly just to challenge myself. So yeah, there's the Creon Strike Bomber, put together over a couple days with a decade old LEGO collection. And yes, it does fit a pilot.

• Upvote 1

Hand-drawn, bespoke avatar by none other than Mushy the Mushroom.

a body adrift in water, salt, and sky

SPACESHIP! SPACESHIP! SPACESHIP!! I'm glad I'm not the only one gripped with the irresistible urge to build spaceships. You have done a fabulous job on this; I really like the old style, especially the grey wing pieces - they were so awesome!

I love what you did with the tires, for the guns but especially in the rockets. They make it look so powerful. Also, kudos for fitting a pilot! Overall a fantastic MOC. I also find that its aesthetics match that of the Batman tumbler.

=)

"Baby, in the final analyses, love is power. That's where the power's at."

Tumblr

Twitter

Wattpad

• 1 month later...

I like the way this looks, although I wish you had a picture of the of the whole thing looking towards the front and top. It definitely looks it's pretty powerful.

I also like the use of SNOT on the front. It works really well for in the MOC. Are the wheels on the bottom there for another cannon or are they just decoration?

signoff2.png

• 4 weeks later...