Praying Mantis Sculpture

1313766314m_SPLASH.jpg Front Front Angle Side Back Angle Back Legs Body Detail Abdomen Closed Abdomen Opened Thorax Back Thorax Front Thorax Side Arm 1 Arm 2 Arm 3 Pose 1 Pose 2 Arms Spread Head Top Head Side Head Back Stand Bye! Sorry for so many pictures, but with a large, unorthodox MOC like this it's hard to get all the details into just a few. I'm really proud of this MOC, the complex angles in the thorax in particular. I'm glad TLG made Hordika chesplates, or else this MOC wouldn't exist. I think I used all of mine getting the shapes just right! Thanks for looking, be sure to comment and tell me what you think.

42687538174_213a004f2f.jpg

Ok, ftr, I HATE bugs. I have nightmares about them. And so the first thing I did when I saw the pic was scream: "AHHH!". ;) It really does look like a praying mantis! You did an amazing job with this! Did you spend a long time on it? The details are so cool.

Current Epic: Life is a Blank - last post Jan. 22

My Library: The Esoteric Athenaeum

Member of the Epic Critics' Club

aa0ef09c4ad9bf8017ddec306412e550_zpscff1

• 3 weeks later...

This is really great. I particularly like the eyes and the arms. The thorax could've had a bit more curve to it, but otherwise, it's awesome. Great work, L.O.!

jimistringer.png

Why are orange and black such a good color Combination ? Purple is pretty, and so is blue. Pink hurts your eyes, green is quite mellowing, black is very threatning, red is cool, orange is SO awesome, yellow's hard to read... But you can't see white at all! Oh, wait. I forgot brown.

Here's my thoughts: If a person tells the truth and says, " I always lie," Is he lying? Or is he telling the truth? And what has a mouth, but no head, and a body, but no torso? Do caterpillars like to tend to supporting colum of stone's every need? Or is that name misleading by nature? Speaking of nature, why are the children of animals called offspring? don't many young beasts come alive in spring, and thus, should be called onspring? Heeeeeeyy..... I got the first post on a page for the first time. Who knows; it may happen again. What the... It did happen again... and again...

YEAH! I'M ENCOUNTERING PROTODERMIS!

The praying mantis is my favorite insect, followed by the rhinoceros beetle. What you have managed to capture in this rendition of the marvelous insect is altogether spectacular. I love every single detail you illustrated in this MOC. This is a real work of art. The only (tiny) problem I have with it is how thin the legs are. Other than that, it's pretty awesome. Keep up the great work!Oh and btw I'm done with your Pbzp; you can view it through my sig (follow the link to "L").

31775851601_1a2a5bc5d1_m.jpg

"Welcome to Valhalla, Warrior."

Recent MOC's: The Headless Horseman (BBC71 Finalist)    LDD CCBS Chess    The Shadowed One (BBC69)    Nydoretha (Netherealm Empress)