Quisoves Potoo

Mafia: Personality Crisis

In a placid valley, not so far from BZKoro, lies a settlement by the name of Brakas' Jest, a peaceful, secluded, idle place where civilization and nature balance each other gracefully. This existence of this village is largely unknown, a fact that the villagers mind not at all. Alas, this same seclusion makes Brakas' Jest an ideal laboratory for those unscrupulous beings desirous of hiding their heinous experiments from the universe at large. One such being was Makuta Yewvanahk, who visited upon the village a virus of novel and horrible design. This virus was designed to utterly obliterate the personality of a being and to replace it with another, more to the Brotherhood's liking. Yewvanahk had only just shattered several vials of the virus when a Nivawk landed at his side, carrying news of a multi-species rebellion elsewhere in his dominion. The rebellion, though eventually quelled, did result in his untimely demise. His successor was unaware of his terrible experiment, and so Brakas' Jest was spared a second visitation by the Brotherhood of Makuta. As for the virus, it was partially successful: While it did not eradicate old personalities, it did generate in several unfortunate villagers a second personality. And thus, every twenty-four hours, those unfortunate ones experience a change of mind. Some of these new personalities are benevolent, even more skilled than their counterparts. Others are, however, malevolent beings with no less a goal than the eradication of all peace-loving villagers. Brakas' Jest shall not remain peaceful for much longer.

RULES: The rules are the same as normal Mafia, save that, every twenty-four hours, certain players switch roles, and then back again the next day.

The roles are quite simply as follows: Innocent, Doctor, Detective, and Mafia. The the Mafia are six in number (three for each twenty-four hour cycle,) the Doctor four (two per cycle,) and the Detective two (one per cycle.)

For the virus victims (min. six, max twelve,) any combination of roles is possible. Please note that when the Detective investigates a villager, he only learns of his current role.

For a sometimes Mafioso to win, he must either be a villager when the last of the other three Mafiosos is hanged, or the final non-Mafioso must be eliminated while he is a Mafioso.

If a Mafioso kills a dormant Mafioso, he will become a permanent part of the Mafia (though his identity will still only be known to his original two partners in crime, making it possible for him to be killed by an unwitting murderer, with the same results as the death of a dormant Mafioso.)

If a player does not send in his action or vote on a certain round, it will simply not occur. It will not be randomly generated.

The Mafiosos only know the identities of the Mafiosos in the same cycle.

Any questions, comments, or concerns?

Slots (25)

2(427135.) @Makuta Luroka Mafioso/Innocent

5. @-Toa Lhikevikk- Detective/Innocent

6. @TBK Innocent/Doctor

8. @JAG18

9. Innocent/Mafioso (transformed into permanent Mafioso.)

10. Mafioso/Innocent

11. @Rahkshi Guurahk

13.1. @Unit#phntk#1

15. @Pupwa21

16. @Dapper-Sama Mafioso/Doctor

19. Doctor/Innocent

20. Doctor/Detective

21.1.@Trijhak Innocent/Mafioso

22. (2.) @Chro

23. @MT Zehvor

24. Innocent/Mafioso

Edited by Quisoves Pugnat
  • Upvote 5

gZsNWyr.png

(Credit to Nik the Three for the banner)

I have no idea what any of this means, but I'll spot 19 anyway.

I assume that you mean that you haven't played Mafia before. Or do you not understand the experimental side of my game?

This should give you a good idea of how to play Mafia. Please note that the Cop is the same thing as the Detective.

This game is what's known as a "Side Game," an experimental take on Mafia.

I'll add you in, but please pull out if you decide that this isn't your thing. Dormant players can cause complications.

Edited by Quisoves Pugnat

gZsNWyr.png

Spot 20, please.

Would have got here sooner, but I'm on holiday, and only just got access. Unfortunately, it means I can only go on once a day, but oh well. Better than no access.

xoTlRfR.png

Banner by jed1ndy

"Master of Shadows and Game-running Compliants, Ǝɹsɐʇz Ԁᴉɹɐʞɐ ᴉu qlɐɔʞ' No˙ 999, Vezon of the Twighlight"

Never played mafia before so better start somewhere, I'll take spot -17.

Glad you can join us! Something you should know about mafia is when you start playing, you can never stop.

I did. Lloyd does all the time. Xaeraz did. Zakaro did. iBrow did (apparently)

Edited by Toa K

Want to solve an exciting murder mystery? Try Murder Mansion II, a new game in Games and Trivia! 8 Spots remaining!

http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/19274-murder-mansion/?do=findComment&comment=964351

Corrections and clarifications

1. There are a maximum of twelve virus victims, but as few as six are possible.

2. The possibility of all three dormant Mafiosos being killed by the active Mafiosos never occured to me. I have added a rule to deal with this:

If a Mafioso kills a dormant Mafioso, he will become a permanent part of the Mafia (though his identity will still only be known to his original two partners in crime, making it possible for him to be killed by an unwitting murderer, with the same results as the death of a dormant Mafioso.)

Well, I don't want to keep you all waiting too much longer on account of a single, unfilled slot. So, I'm giving it twenty-four hours, and if no-one takes slot #25 by then, we'll begin anyways.

Edited by -Windrider-

gZsNWyr.png