OFFICIAL Bionicle 2015 Topic

Makaru

And then another thing comes out like "Lewa was originally a Master of Air [YAY!], but was changed to jungle because people think of plants more when they see green."

*sigh*

Maybe they are simplifying it too much... A color can be whatever you want.

I get making it more accessible to kids. New fans are what will make BIONICLE thrive! But I was a kid in 2001. And I found nothing back then to be complex.

I'm still more than ready to give it a shot, but that bit right there about Lewa stings a little.

~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

Why is there so much hate on the facebook page?

Some people probably just don't like the sets. Others may be saying negatives things about them for attention. 

Then again, its Facebook. People say all kinds of crazy things on there. :P

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

I'll reserve my opinions on the new backstory, but right now I'm busy fawning over Onua. I'm still puzzled about his gold+silver color scheme, but it actually looks strangely good in some of these pictures. 

I'm just really happy they made Onua the strongman of the group. That's how I always saw him, so I was never fond of that Greg-ism that "Pohatu's the strong one, Onua's just a regular-strength Toa with a Pakari." It always seemed very counter-intuitive to me. I also like that they're characterizing him as "sleepy"--I'm ambivalent about some of the Toa's new personality traits, but this is a good addition for Onua. They're making him even more like his element: dormant but immensely powerful. 

I do think the combined gold and silver does look surprisingly good on Onua, although I can't help but wish that the giant silver shoulder pads were gold at least; if the only pieces of silver in the set are the weapon I'm okay with it, but it does look a little haphazard the way it is right now. Or even making the shoulder pads black.

And then another thing comes out like "Lewa was originally a Master of Air [YAY!], but was changed to jungle because people think of plants more when they see green."

*sigh*

I get making it more accessible to kids. New fans are what will make BIONICLE thrive! But I was a kid in 2001. And I found nothing back then to be complex.

I'm still more than ready to give it a shot, but that bit right there about Lewa stings a little.

~|ET|~

On the website bio, it actually says that Lewa has control over both air (well, techinically "wind", but you know) and jungle; so while I do agree that keeping him as the "Master of Air" would have worked and I don't really understand the need to change him to jungle, he hasn't lost his powers or had them replaced; he has simply been granted a second element in addition. 

Which means that air and jungle are both one element now? Which is kind of confusing.

• Upvote 1

Yay for the green small guy and the blue small guy finally officially appearing.

wait where

They have a couple generic villagers at the start of the announcement video.

*sigh*

~|ET|~

On the website bio, it actually says that Lewa has control over both air (well, techinically "wind", but you know) and jungle; so while I do agree that keeping him as the "Master of Air" would have worked and I don't really understand the need to change him to jungle, he hasn't lost his powers or had them replaced; he has simply been granted a second element in addition. 

Which means that air and jungle are both one element now? Which is kind of confusing.

Yeah that's kind of weird... maybe one a mask, the other a personal power?

~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

Protectors are villagers but the sets are the "Elders" of the villages (similar to Turaga)

• Upvote 1

On 9/29/2014, Greg Farshtey said:

"Just wanted to say a quick something --

A lot of you guys are BIONICLE fans, many from way back. It's no secret that you are some of the smartest, most loyal, and most dedicated fans out there. You, and you alone, have carried the torch for the line over the last four years. Hopefully, you will feel rewarded for your efforts by 2015 BIONICLE.

Regardless, I wanted to take this opportunity to say that I am really proud to be associated with you, and you should be really proud of yourselves"

Ordinarily, I don't do quotes, but this is special.

Fire Ice Water Stone Earth Air... I mean Jungle.

Bionicle: The Legacy Hero An attempt to put some magic back into Bionicle.

Protectors are villagers but the sets are the "Elders" of the villages (similar to Turaga)

But will they still be called Turaga? I really hope so. We still have the terms 'Toa' and 'Kanohi' in the story. I hope Turaga stays as well.

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

Technically it says he "communes" with plants and the wind. Maybe he controls wind but can "talk" to plants, or vice versa. The phrasing is pretty ambiguous, so we might not know his exact powers until we see him in action. 

inb4 'treespeak' takes on a literal meaning

OH

• Upvote 4

20383310448_7d514f8ffa.jpg

Spoiler Alert

So apparently the Kanohi Vahi from the Mataverse is only HALF a mask. The other half? Hmmmm

Edit: Yes!  all the other Toa have assymetrical chetplates, which drives me crazy, but not Onua, it looks like.

Edited by Willess12

A lot of you guys are BIONICLE fans, many from way back. It's no secret that you are some of the smartest, most loyal, and most dedicated fans out there. You, and you alone, have carried the torch for the line over the last four years. Hopefully, you will feel rewarded for your efforts by 2015 BIONICLE.

Regardless, I wanted to take this opportunity to say that I am really proud to be associated with you, and you should be really proud of yourselves"

Why does Pohatu have one yellow arm and one grey arm?

As far as we're aware right now, it's just a strange design choice.

So apparently the Kanohi Vahi from the Mataverse is only HALF a mask. The other half? Hmmmm

Edit: Yes!  all the other Toa have assymetrical chetplates, which drives me crazy, but not Onua, it looks like.

Um what

Why is the Vahi suddenly only half a mask? 

Please oh please oh please don't introduce time travel...

~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

Where did this info on the old Vahi come from?

Twitter

For those of you who REALLY want one of the NYCCC clear Hau now, here you go!

http://m.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=bionicle+tahu+mask&isNewKw=1&_sop=12&_pgn=1&epp=24&itemId=&fads=1&mfs=GOCLK&acimp=0&sqp=bionicle+tahu+mask&trksid=p2053742.m2428.l1313.TR0.TRC0.Xbionicle+tahu+mask

I am not the one selling this, btw.

Hope you have a hefty wallet.

Edited by Kuurai

"It's all a trick, you see. They want me to pretend to betray them. They want you to concentrate your forces here against an attack that won't come. But I decided: Why pretend to betray them when actually doing it would be so much more fun?"
— Vezon to Tridax, Destiny War

Disgusting

Whoops did I say that out loud

Edited by Makaru
  • Upvote 4

20383310448_7d514f8ffa.jpg

Spoiler Alert

Disgusting

Ikr. I was just curious and looked it up

"It's all a trick, you see. They want me to pretend to betray them. They want you to concentrate your forces here against an attack that won't come. But I decided: Why pretend to betray them when actually doing it would be so much more fun?"
— Vezon to Tridax, Destiny War

I will be buying Pohatu, Tahu, Gali, Onua, Kopaka and Lewa! Oh wait- that's all of them. Maybe I'll buy the big spider, too! He certainly looks like a lord with a big skull.

Maybe we could nickname him the Skull Spider Lord!

The artist formerly known as

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

BBC#69 Entry: Roodaka - Master of Manipulation

BFTGM entries: Zigben · Ventox · Deflecto

Hail Denmark.

I will be buying Pohatu, Tahu, Gali, Onua, Kopaka and Lewa! Oh wait- that's all of them. Maybe I'll buy the big spider, too! He certainly looks like a lord with a big skull.

Maybe we could nickname him the Skull Spider Lord!

Or Lord of Skull Spiders...

"We didn't lose the battle. Today, we just lost the fight." -Lloyd Garmadon
ninjago-green-ninja.jpg
Avid collector of LEGO for many, many years. Feel free to private message me, or email me at greenninjaatcp@gmail.com, and I'll be happy to help. A ninja never quits!

Visit the Mixels Wiki! http://www.mixels.wikia.com

Disgusting

See why I said I don't like convention exclusives? :P

But seeing this now... Yeah... I'm just gonna stop worrying now. Not worth the hassle.

Where did this info on the old Vahi come from?

Twitter

Whose Twitter?

Somebody from The Three Virtues that's at NYCC. Without any context or anything.

~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

Six mighty heroes, the Toa, have crash-landed on the island of Okoto. Their mission: to seek out a mysterious mask of power and defeat the darkness that threatens the island and its people. Wielding elemental powers, and guided by native Protectors, the Toa will need all their power to defeat evil.

Six mighty heroes, the Toa, have crash-landed on the island of Okoto. Their mission: to seek out a mysterious mask of power and defeat the darkness that threatens the island and its people. Wielding elemental powers, and guided by native Protectors, the Toa will need all their power to defeat evil.

Sounds just like 2001.