OFFICIAL Bionicle 2015 Topic

Makaru

Oh nooooo... there's only one more Lewa in stock at my local Target. Won't be going until tomorrow... praying!

"We didn't lose the battle. Today, we just lost the fight." -Lloyd Garmadon
ninjago-green-ninja.jpg
Avid collector of LEGO for many, many years. Feel free to private message me, or email me at greenninjaatcp@gmail.com, and I'll be happy to help. A ninja never quits!

Visit the Mixels Wiki! http://www.mixels.wikia.com

There aren't any Gali sets yet in Alaska but I'm hoping to see some anyway on the shelves sometime soon. Maybe tomorrow?

It couldn't hurt to check, but I'd wait until after New Year's. They're probably going to get Gali by then, since that's the date Lego is going to start selling them on the website. 

Are anybody else's stores not carrying Gali and/or Onua? Odd how they are the only two that are missing. 

Edited by The Irrational Rock

bZpOwEr

I've been handling Kopaka a lot, and his shield is pretty irritating. It looks cool, but when I want to move him around I just take the whole shield off. It's so big and kind of hard to position; the blades work much better as skis.

The new head piece is pretty great. The brain stalk doesn't seem to light up as well as the Metru one, but I love how the mask fits on. There are indentations pointing towards the groove where the mask attaches, so if you blindly press the mask against the head, it is directed to the grooves. It's pretty satisfying to just slide the mask on, instead of sticking an axel in place.

• Upvote 1

IetTsFQ.png

Of the 4 Protectors I got, Earth is my favorite, no contest. Best build, and coolest looks IMO. Still need the stone and jungle Protectors though. As for Tahu and Kopaka...haven't built them yet, and may not until I've got the rest of the Toa. Guess I'm also kinda trying to savor this reboot as much as possible...Bionicle returning is a fantastic way to end 2014 and start 2015!

• Upvote 1

Oh nooooo... there's only one more Lewa in stock at my local Target. Won't be going until tomorrow... praying!

Target.com lets you hold a specific item at a store sometimes. That's how I got my Chi Cragger.
That would be helpful to know if Target actually had the sets available online right now. Perhaps I'll call them in the morning...

I'm passing on the new sets and getting a big haul of classic parts from eBay. Its a better use of money for me personally.

Are you just going to diss everything this reboot has to offer? At least give it a chance with one set, bro.

Edited by Toa Green Ninja
  • Upvote 5

"We didn't lose the battle. Today, we just lost the fight." -Lloyd Garmadon
ninjago-green-ninja.jpg
Avid collector of LEGO for many, many years. Feel free to private message me, or email me at greenninjaatcp@gmail.com, and I'll be happy to help. A ninja never quits!

Visit the Mixels Wiki! http://www.mixels.wikia.com

Alright, I only need to build the Protectors of Water, Earth, and LOSS and I'll be finished. 

I can now definitively say that Bionicle 2015 has NO bad sets. 'Course I haven't finished them all, but I think that that will apply to the rest. 

Whooo! I have all the winter sets too!! I can honestly agree with you that no set was bad at all. I love the Protectors and its amazing to see the Toa on my shelf again! :D

Now I cant wait for the Summer Wave! Hopefully its as good as this one! 

Edited by AdaptingChaos

I was cool with that ToaSalvus has to say, up until he said there was more value in buying the old sets.

• Upvote 4

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

I was cool with that ToaSalvus has to say, up until he said there was more value in buying the old sets.

You can get a hundred 2015 parts for $20, or you can get 6 pounds of old parts for $40. I can understand someone going for the old parts, especially if they want to MoC and don't have a big collection.

IetTsFQ.png

I got Tahu, Kopaka, The Lord of Skull Spiders, and The Protector of Ice today. B-)

They are the first Lego sets I've bought since I got Tahu Stars back in 2010, and I'm really excited to see them in person. I won't be opening them tonight though. I want to save that experience for tomorrow. :)

The next Toa I want to get are Onua and Gali. Then Lewa and Pohatu, and probably another Protector or two after that.

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

I decided to check my local Toys R us, and oddly enough the only one there was Tahu, which happened to be one of the ones I was looking for. I'm really digging the new designs. It feels much brighter and more colorful than the sets from later on (2008 and on) which I really like. I also appreciate the use of gold which makes the golden mask less jarring. Overall, I really gotta say they did a really good job on the new sets, they're just really well put together. I love how they brought the gears back and it's sort of a return to the more tribal feel from the classic 2001 Bionicle.

-BE EXCELLENT TO EACH OTHER-

Yes, more value in buying them for me personally. As I do not care for CCBS and I see no point in paying $20 for a single CCBS figure when I can get several old style figures from ebay for the same price. I apologize for that post coming off as offensive.

Salvus, you obviously dislike 2015. Why do you keep hanging around the 2015 topics, then? We get you don't like it, but you don't have to keep reminding us. It's almost like if you stopped posting about your dislike of 2015, you'd start liking it. Please, let those of us who like the new sets&story enjoy it without having you constantly coming in and complaining. Thank you.

In other news, I'm not likely to see 2015 sets for another two or three weeks!

• Upvote 3

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

Yes, more value in buying them for me personally. As I do not care for CCBS and I see no point in paying $20 for a single CCBS figure when I can get several old style figures from ebay for the same price. I apologize for that post coming off as offensive.

Where can you get old figure for under $20?? All the ones I see are either missing pieces, or MISB for $50+.

I haven't found any sets yet, in any of the stores near me, but there are apparently some allllll the way across the state.
So at least I know I don't have to wait until the 1st.

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

I'm passing on the new sets and getting a big haul of classic parts from eBay. Its a better use of money for me personally.

Are you just going to diss everything this reboot has to offer? At least give it a chance with one set, bro.

I bet he also likes to call these pieces "Hero Factory parts" or something stupid like that. Lol.

the_toa_sig_by_nickinamerica-dbn0wau.png

The Toa- A Bionicle Retelling by NickonAquaMagna http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/25275-the-toa-a-retelling-of-bionicle/

I bet he also likes to call these pieces "Hero Factory parts" or something stupid like that. Lol.

No, I call it skeleball.

• Upvote 3

I got all of the toa at Toys R Us today! I'm really satisfied with them, for they all look wonderful and are designed beautifully!

That new mask looks pretty sweet, but I'm not sure if it's the MOUP. Recent name leaks give an idea as to what it might be, but that can't be discussed. One way or another, I'm excited to see what next wave has to offer!

Edited by Banana Gunz