OFFICIAL Bionicle 2015 Topic

Makaru

Well I mean if we have these, images, then why are we still only getting Tahu centered videos? I want more of Onua and Lewa so we can see to what extent his powers cover air and the jungle.

We should see the other Toa in future episodes when they are released. 

At least, I hope we see them in future episodes. I don't see why they wouldn't get their own episodes sometime down the line.

• Upvote 1

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

LOOK! OFFICIAL STOP-MOTION BIONICLE SHORTS FROM LEGO!!!

Stone Guys

Jungle Guys

Ice Guys

Earth Guys

Water Girls

Fire Guys

These are great! The ads nail the sort of slapstick that Lego can provide. None of the videos feel repetitive despite following a similar format; each one has a different method of the Protector giving the Toa its armor. 

Stone Guys

Jungle Guys

Ice Guys

Earth Guys

Water Girls

Fire Guys

These are great! The ads nail the sort of slapstick that Lego can provide. None of the videos feel repetitive despite following a similar format; each one has a different method of the Protector giving the Toa its armor. 

Gali's was the best. I like how the Protector of Water kept coming back all weird. 

Lara Croft

Tomb Raider Cliff Climbing

Finally watched those stop-motion animations. I'm going to pretend that those are the official versions of the gold mask encounters, every single one of those made me laugh. Tahu's was my favorite, the PoF was adorable.  :wub:

The PoF wearing the gold Mask of Fire made me think of Jaller. Jaller 2015 confirmed!

Xbox LIVE: RaginSpartan86

Onua.png

Can anyone here make it so that the different music tracks from the animations and trailers do not have the sound effects? I would love to hear the music only for a change. :D

Here is the original video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjcbyezMVFs

Also includes Toa clips without narration.

That should provide some of your fix. :)

It's kind of sad that the most personality we've seen for most of the Protectors so far has come from 30 second clips advertising combiners, of all things.  That's not the fault of these newest stop-motion animations, though.  I think they're pretty neat and have some Lego-style humor that we likely won't see in the story, and I chuckled, so I'd say they were successes.

P.S. Anyone wish that those clear mask-holding pieces were real?

sqtd1i.png

^               Often lurking, occasionally writing about sets on BS01.                     

L     This link is a bit old, but there's still some good info about combiners there.

I've ordered the six Masters and LOSS from LEGO .com and they still haven't arrived! 

Wasn't that like two weeks ago? lol

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

Here is the original video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjcbyezMVFs

Also includes Toa clips without narration.

That should provide some of your fix. :)

Just watched this vid and I have come to a possible conclusion. In every Toa clip the LoSS was there. Now assuming that the Toa were all searching for their masks at the same time and possibly found them at roughly within each other how did this thing get to each location just as the respective Toa was finding their golden mask? I could suggest that it had been following them since the beginning but in order to be there at the exact time the Toa found the mask it would have to be in multiple places at once. Hence... There must be more than one LoSS out there.

Then again I guess one could just say that these are not canon so there is still only one... If there is only one I still hold the idea that due to the first part of the vid showing the LoSS collecting the MoC that just maybe the LoSS is the corrupted Makuta,

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

People have been theorizing that there are multiple LoSS since the reboot began, but it would have been confirmed by now. LoSS is always referred to as singular. I think he appears in all the box covers to make it clear that he is the wave's villain, and he's after the masks.

IetTsFQ.png

P.S. Anyone wish that those clear mask-holding pieces were real?

They are real, I just wish we could buy them. User Crunchyn made some pedestals that you can print.

You can, but they're a tad bit expensive and it only comes in white, black, and sandstone: https://www.shapeways.com/product/24PSCABSU/bionicle-mask-display-stand-v2?li=search-results-2&optionId=42297445

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

I too wish those awesome pedestals were available for purchase. OT but I constantly look forward to seeing what crazy thing you change your sig to Chasm, I always get a kick out of it! :P   

EDIT: I just saw those custom ones, expensive but awesome! That site also has other awesome custom Bionicle things like that wicked movie Kraahkan!

Edited by ToaDraco
  • Upvote 1

10331959915_9f4d0b34c7.jpg
"Avengers? Fantastic Four? X-Dudes? They can all kiss my bony, flammable plastic."- Johnathan Blaze (Ghost Rider Vol 7 0.1)

I've ordered the six Masters and LOSS from LEGO .com and they still haven't arrived! 

YES! I ordered them on the 9th and they shipped on the 12th. IT'S BEEN TWO WEEKS.

I think Lego takes a bit longer to mail things than other retailers, otherwise I I think your order has gotten lost in the mail. (That's why I never order anything from other continents.)

OT but I constantly look forward to seeing what crazy thing you change your sig to Chasm, I always get a kick out of it!  :P   

And thanks, hehe.

Edited by Chasm

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

Blue, did Lego give you a tracking number? If so, you can probably check with the postal service either where they're shipping it from or where ever you're at. If it got lost, Lego might offer you either a refund or they might give you the same sets for free.

Bonus points if they think it's lost, send you duplicates only for both orders to arrive. That would be awesome.

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

Now a proud member of The Kanohi Force

76561198041367047.png

YES! I ordered them on the 9th and they shipped on the 12th. IT'S BEEN TWO WEEKS.

I think Lego takes a bit longer to mail things than other retailers, otherwise I I think your order has gotten lost in the mail. (That's why I never order anything from other continents.)

OT but I constantly look forward to seeing what crazy thing you change your sig to Chasm, I always get a kick out of it!  :P   

And thanks, hehe.

I'm getting my sets from the lower 48 States of America. I'm in Alaska.

Blue, did Lego give you a tracking number? If so, you can probably check with the postal service either where they're shipping it from or where ever you're at. If it got lost, Lego might offer you either a refund or they might give you the same sets for free.

Bonus points if they think it's lost, send you duplicates only for both orders to arrive. That would be awesome.

I got the confirmation E-mail but no tracking number. On my order status it says complete but the status of each set is blank. I don't know what to do! I told the LEGO rep I'd give the service until Monday before I finally assume it's been lost. 

If I do get duplicates I could have two Galis!

Edited by Blueblur21

Lara Croft

My immediate thought upon watching these - besides, of course, general joy - is that if Bionicle pops up in The Lego Movie 2, it'll probably be in a way a lot like these animations. And I'm 100% okay with that.

• Upvote 6

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

I'm not really a big fan of the stop motions, I know it's a very minor part of the reboot but I don't think slapstick is right for bio (and that was an issue I had with bionicle heroes).

Even the Mata Nui Online Game from 2001 had some slapstick moments. A good story shouldn't have to take itself seriously 100% of the time. If these animations bother you so much, just think of them like the "Rahkshi Rock" video from 2003 or the "Singing Squid" video from 2007—both non-canon "jokes" that had no effect on the canon of those story years as a whole.

Anywho, my opinion of these animations? They look fantastic, and give me more hope than ever that Bionicle characters could make a grand appearance in The Lego Movie 2.

• Upvote 3

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

I'm not really a big fan of the stop motions, I know it's a very minor part of the reboot but I don't think slapstick is right for bio (and that was an issue I had with bionicle heroes).

Even the Mata Nui Online Game from 2001 had some slapstick moments. A good story shouldn't have to take itself seriously 100% of the time. If these animations bother you so much, just think of them like the "Rahkshi Rock" video from 2003 or the "Singing Squid" video from 2007—both non-canon "jokes" that had no effect on the canon of those story years as a whole.

I'm not one of those crazy fanboys who would say "they changed Tahu's eye colour the franchise is dead", it's just that I don't think slapstick really matches, I'm aware the story needs some light hearted moments it's just that I would have preferred something other then slapstick. 

It's time to move on.

Anywho, my opinion of these animations? They look fantastic, and give me more hope than ever that Bionicle characters could make a grand appearance in The Lego Movie 2.

Yes! But how would they fit in with Emmet in his world?

cringe

Yes! But how would they fit in with Emmet in his world?

Since the movie takes place 4 years after the events of the first movie, I think

SPOILER ALERT!!!

Finn (the kid) may have gotten interested in Constraction by then. And so after buying some Bionicle sets, they wind up in the Lego Movie Universe. The first movie seemed to hint that the dad owned some original Bionicle sets, so it would be interesting if there was this scene where the new Tahu meets the old one. :P

EDIT: Added spoiler warning, sorry about that... :notsure:

Edited by SuperGeniusCreator
  • Upvote 3

The artist formerly known as

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

BBC#69 Entry: Roodaka - Master of Manipulation

BFTGM entries: Zigben · Ventox · Deflecto

Hail Denmark.

Wait a minute... The Lego movie with batman and this generic guy being the hero is really a kid playing with his vast collection of legos? Seeing as how I have not seen the movie I guess that is a twist to the end?

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

New vs Old;

OLD: I've got mask packs!

NEW: I've got articulation!

OLD: Articu-what?

NEW: HAH HAH.

OLD: I've got comic books by DC and three movies.

NEW: Well... I've got animated shorts!

OLD: Lame. Now, if you excuse me, I've gotta go use my RED Akaku to get my GOLDEN Hau, but first I need my BLUE Pakari.

NEW: I've got a Red Hau...

OLD: So does everyone else.

I MISS MASK PACKS, OKAY!

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

Now a proud member of The Kanohi Force

76561198041367047.png

Nothing wrong with that. I miss them myself even though I don't remember how many I ever got.

Onua.png

Wait a minute... The Lego movie with batman and this generic guy being the hero is really a kid playing with his vast collection of legos? Seeing as how I have not seen the movie I guess that is a twist to the end?

Its a little more complex than that and ties in with the plot very nicely. I'd encourage you watch it to find out.

New vs Old;

OLD: Lame. Now, if you excuse me, I've gotta go use my RED Akaku to get my GOLDEN Hau, but first I need my BLUE Pakari.

I MISS MASK PACKS, OKAY!

NEW: At least we don't have to buy multiple packs for the golden masks!

OLD:....

NEW: Oh, and our joints don't break every three seconds....

NEW: And our animated shorts don't suck as hard as all four of your movies did.

OLD: Legend Reborn was decent...

NEW: Why? Because you used Cryoshell at the end?

OLD: At least we HAVE Cryoshell!

NEW:...Good point.

Edited by Blueblur21

Lara Croft

New: We've got 8 solid gold masks and a exclusive Tahu mask which is even more rare than your Sterling Silver/Vacuum metal Krana-kal's.  

Old:....

New: HAHAHA speechless. 

Edited by Chasm

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

New vs Old;

I MISS MASK PACKS, OKAY!

NEW: At least we don't have to buy multiple packs for the golden masks!

NEW: Oh, and our joints don't break every three seconds....

NEW: And our animated shorts don't suck as hard as all four of your movies did.

OLD: Legend Reborn was decent...

NEW: Why? Because you used Cryoshell at the end?

OLD: At least we HAVE Cryoshell!

NEW:...Good point.

OLD: Well, your masks fall off too easily.

NEW: Oh, yeah? At least we get the gold masks with each of the Toa. And did I mention the colors for the Toa?

OLD: Like trans-purple? Who would need that?

NEW: ...Everyone...

OLD: Just like the lime-green shell add-ons from "Breez Flea Machine"?

NEW:  <_<

http://i.imgur.com/kbP5Svg.gifhttp://i.imgur.com/O8CcqC5.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/kbP5Svg.gif

Oops. I just ruined the movie's greatest plot twist.  :notsure:  You should still watch it though. It's awesome. :popcorn:

New: We've got 8 solid gold masks and a exclusive Tahu mask which is even more rare than your Sterling Silver/Vacuum metal Krana-kal's.  

Old: Wait a second... we have SEVERAL SOLID GOLD Haus... and a PLATINUM Mask of Light!!!

:P

Edited by SuperGeniusCreator

The artist formerly known as

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

BBC#69 Entry: Roodaka - Master of Manipulation

BFTGM entries: Zigben · Ventox · Deflecto

Hail Denmark.

Oops. I just ruined the movie's greatest plot twist.  :notsure:  You should still watch it though. It's awesome. :popcorn:

Old: WAIT A SECOND... WE HAVE SEVERAL SOLID GOLD HAUS... and... A PLATINUM MASK OF LIGHT!!!

:P

Old: Yeah, 30 duplicate Hau's. We got 8 different ones. 

:P  :P  :P  :P  :P

Edited by Chasm

te0FrhT.jpg