OFFICIAL Bionicle 2015 Topic

Makaru

That commercial is sweet! It did show Grinder being defeated and the other Skull guys evaporating into thin air, but I guess we shouldn't read too much into an ad.

"The evil Skull Grinder is raising an army of skeletons."

Edit: Here's the video, since I knocked it off the page.

Edited by Nescent
  • Upvote 2

IetTsFQ.png

Just based on seeing this commercial, Skull Grinder may be the only summer villain who may not be 'raised from the dead.' Which begs the question of where he came from. Did Makuta somehow bring him back, like Skull Grinder did with the other Skull Villains? Or was he in the City of the Mask Makers this whole time? 

I may be reading into this commercial too much, but it still makes me excited for the coming summer storyline. Plus, the commercial was really cool too, so that helps. :P

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

How are people getting these sets early? We're still in June!

They've been officially released at LEGO brand stores in Great Britain, France, Germany, and possibly other countries. As for how BZPower got them, that's because the LEGO Group allows them and certain other fansites to get free sets for reviews, contest prizes, etc, including advance copies of not-yet-released sets (though there's sometimes an embargo attached prohibiting the site from posting the review ahead of a certain date).

Skull Grinder puts on MoC: The other Skull Villains pop out of the ground and walls.

Skull Grinder loses MoC: The other Skull Villains evaporate.

This seems to imply how Skull Grinder is able to create his team/army. If this is true, his combined could have some relevance. To take his last stand, he uses the MoC and cannibalizes Skull Scorpio, effectively adding him to his power similar to Makuta in 2004.

• Upvote 4

Skull Grinder puts on MoC: The other Skull Villains pop out of the ground and walls.

Skull Grinder loses MoC: The other Skull Villains evaporate.

This seems to imply how Skull Grinder is able to create his team/army. If this is true, his combined could have some relevance. To take his last stand, he uses the MoC and cannibalizes Skull Scorpio, effectively adding him to his power similar to Makuta in 2004.

Now who says Gen2 isn't paralleling Gen1 in several of its aspects?

• Upvote 2

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

How are people getting these sets early? We're still in June!

They've been officially released at LEGO brand stores in Great Britain, France, Germany, and possibly other countries. As for how BZPower got them, that's because the LEGO Group allows them and certain other fansites to get free sets for reviews, contest prizes, etc, including advance copies of not-yet-released sets (though there's sometimes an embargo attached prohibiting the site from posting the review ahead of a certain date).

Oh, alright. Still sucks that regular folk in the US have to wait. I'm really looking forward to getting them so I can play with them with my little cousin when I visit him halfway across the country in august.

4oIeWSz.jpgUhL9N9c.jpg8UUsogq.jpgzIJn7N0.jpg

Skull Grinder looks surprisingly cool with the MoC, which is weird, since all the other sets look kinda strange with their gold masks in my opinion.

On another note, can anyone show me proof that this Bionicle year is doing badly? I thought it was going great, what with it coming back and all.

• Upvote 1

kudley_sig_2.png

Big time Kudley fan, forever T.U.F.F. Puppy fan!

I'm mostly known as FoxsDumbSeriesMaker on other websites, but here, I'm usually known as General Scales!

So I know a 5 year old kid who is just getting into the Gen 2 Bionicles (ah, memories c:) and I had the chance to show him the original Toa Mata, which he found pretty hilarious and "wierd". He particularly poked fun of the original Miru (and to think we thought the Mask of Jungle looked wierd :P). To top that off, he kept asking me questions of the Gen 1 story line. The struggle was real lol.

Anyway, my point is it was interesting to get the perspective of Gen 1 from a child just getting into Gen 2.

• Upvote 6

"It's all a trick, you see. They want me to pretend to betray them. They want you to concentrate your forces here against an attack that won't come. But I decided: Why pretend to betray them when actually doing it would be so much more fun?"
— Vezon to Tridax, Destiny War

So I know a 5 year old kid who is just getting into the Gen 2 Bionicles (ah, memories c:) and I had the chance to show him the original Toa Mata, which he found pretty hilarious and "wierd". He particularly poked fun of the original Miru (and to think we thought the Mask of Jungle looked wierd :P). To top that off, he kept asking me questions of the Gen 1 story line. The struggle was real lol.

Anyway, my point is it was interesting to get the perspective of Gen 1 from a child just getting into Gen 2.

The Toa Mata were probably one of the worst set waves in Gen1.

Please don't kill me.

Edited by The Irrational Rock
  • Upvote 4

bZpOwEr

Please don't kill me.

2010, friend. Need I say more?
  • Upvote 1

Please don't kill me.

2010, friend. Need I say more?

One of the worst, ami. 

• Upvote 3

bZpOwEr

The Toa Mata were revolutionary for their time, and without them BIONICLE never would have been. Sure they haven't aged extremely well, but that doesn't make them bad. Whether sets were good or not should be attributed to what they brought to the series overall. The Mata brought the core identity of what BIONICLE was and laid the foundation for all future figures to come. We should all give credit where credit is due. The Rahkshi brought bendable limbs, the Metru brought a somewhat better compromise for the gear system and moveable heads, the Inika and Piraka brought light-up elements and a new build style that would stick for the rest of the years. And blasters. Everything after that was more or less a repeat. :/

Edited by BlatantlyHeroic
  • Upvote 2

The Toa Mata were revolutionary for their time, and without the Bionicle never would have been. Sure they haven't aged extremely well, but that doesn't make them bad. Whether sets were good or not should be attributed to what they brought to the series overall. The Mata brought the core identity of what BIONICLE was and laid the foundation for all future figures to come. We should all give credit where credit is due.

I know exactly what you mean, but just because they were innovative for their time doesn't automatically make them better than the ones later in the line. It's essentially like comparing the Maxim gun of 1884 to a modern day machine gun, there simply isn't any contest between them, despite how revolutionary the Maxim gun was at the time. I respect the Mata for what they are, the origins of the line, but they simply don't have any qualities beyond that in my eyes.

But keep in mind that this is just my opinion, you're free to think otherwise. 

Edited by The Irrational Rock
  • Upvote 2

bZpOwEr

The Toa Mata were revolutionary for their time, and without the Bionicle never would have been. Sure they haven't aged extremely well, but that doesn't make them bad. Whether sets were good or not should be attributed to what they brought to the series overall. The Mata brought the core identity of what BIONICLE was and laid the foundation for all future figures to come. We should all give credit where credit is due.

I know exactly what you mean, but just because they were innovative for their time doesn't automatically make them better than the ones later in the line. It's essentially like comparing the Maxim gun of 1884 to a modern day machine gun, there simply isn't any contest between them, despite how revolutionary the Maxim gun was at the time. I respect the Mata for what they are, the origins of the line, but they simply don't have any qualities beyond that in my eyes.

Nah man, it's cool. Out of curiosity, what would you say is top contender for the best set wave of G1? Edited by BlatantlyHeroic
  • Upvote 2

Holy Rahi, that new commercial is awesome! I dig the organ music in the background too. I love Tahu's spinning jump slash at the end there.

• Upvote 2

10331959915_9f4d0b34c7.jpg
"Avengers? Fantastic Four? X-Dudes? They can all kiss my bony, flammable plastic."- Johnathan Blaze (Ghost Rider Vol 7 0.1)

Is a spinning jump slash going to be one of Tahu's regular things now? Because if so, we need at least one enemy to duck under the swords and smack him to the ground. Probably Makuta.

I think that it's been implied since the start that the Skull( spider)s were brought to life by the power of the MoCr. So seeing Grinder wake the others with it? Expected. The combo model being a cannibalized Scorpio for power I guessed at. Now for new theories;

The MoCr is kept in a forge, but not to melt it down; Grinder is more or less immune to the heat, while Ekimu and the Toa are not (even Tahu would have to think twice about shoving his hand into a pot of molten gold/elements). Hence why Grinder uses the staff to lift the MoCr in and out; he puts it on, uses it, then puts it back when he's done, both keeping it out of sight and protecting it from interlopers. Perhaps Grinder is the corpse of a former Mask Maker, given new life by Makuta's MoUP.

• Upvote 3

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

Nah man, it's cool. Out of curiosity, what would you say is top contender for the best set wave of G1?

Hm, that's a tough one. 

One of the ones I might have picked are the Mistika due to their set diversity and because I simply adore the ghost blaster. But the plastic that they used was very breakable (I once had the entire lower half of a pelvis piece used for Tahu Mistika break off), so probably not them. 

I'd also be willing to say the Glatorian/Glatorian Legends because of their diversity and the added playability of the Thornax game. But like I said for the Mistika, the plastic was horribly fragile. 

I'm tempted to put the Toa Hordika up there due to their incorporation of a gear function that didn't hinder the articulation of the set, as well as their Rhotuka launchers, but the fact that they were all clones of each other makes it hard to count them.

For my favorite, I'd probably have to go with the Toa Mahri because of their incredibly unique designs, Cordak Blasters, and that their plastic wasn't as fragile as the 2008 and 2009 sets (although there were some exceptions). 

I might have also picked the Barraki for my favorite, but their squid launchers sort of killed it for me. 

• Upvote 2

bZpOwEr

I don't really think the ad really tells much about the story, for example in the first ad the LOSS is seen taking the mask of creation, but in the story no such event happens, it also depicts the toa using their weapons as guns, but so far no such power has been shown to exist. So as far as I'm concerned we still don't know much about the skull villains. 

• Upvote 2

It's time to move on.

Nah man, it's cool. Out of curiosity, what would you say is top contender for the best set wave of G1?

Hm, that's a tough one. 

One of the ones I might have picked are the Mistika due to their set diversity and because I simply adore the ghost blaster. But the plastic that they used was very breakable (I once had the entire lower half of a pelvis piece used for Tahu Mistika break off), so probably not them. 

I'd also be willing to say the Glatorian/Glatorian Legends because of their diversity and the added playability of the Thornax game. But like I said for the Mistika, the plastic was horribly fragile. 

I'm tempted to put the Toa Hordika up there due to their incorporation of a gear function that didn't hinder the articulation of the set, as well as their Rhotuka launchers, but the fact that they were all clones of each other makes it hard to count them.

For my favorite, I'd probably have to go with the Toa Mahri because of their incredibly unique designs, Cordak Blasters, and that their plastic wasn't as fragile as the 2008 and 2009 sets (although there were some exceptions). 

I might have also picked the Barraki for my favorite, but their squid launchers sort of killed it for me.

See, I'm more of a swords > guns kind of person. I didn't like the weird obsession with blasters that they started to have. My favorite wave would either be the Toa Metru or the Piraka. I know that's a contradiction to my statement in the first sentence, but the Piraka were something entirely new and introduced part of the Inika build. That said, while the Mahri were diverse, all builds after that felt lackluster and cheap. I also hate the Glatorian era due to the loss of actual Kanohi Masks and the desert wasteland-like environment.

See, I'm more of a swords > guns kind of person. I didn't like the weird obsession with blasters that they started to have. My favorite wave would either be the Toa Metru or the Piraka. I know that's a contradiction to my statement in the first sentence, but the Piraka were something entirely new and introduced part of the Inika build. That said, while the Mahri were diverse, all builds after that felt lackluster and cheap. I also hate the Glatorian era due to the loss of actual Kanohi Masks and the desert wasteland-like environment.

Yeah, I'm more of a guns type of person. Don't get me wrong, I love myself a big blade, but I've always been more partial to things that launch something. 

And I do agree with you on how the Glatorian should have had masks. Although I like how they wanted to define the Glatorian as being different from the Toa by giving them helmets instead of masks, I would have given them a different body build instead of a different head. I love the Inika build to death, but I didn't like how the Glatorian utilized the same body as the Toa, an entirely different species from them. 

bZpOwEr

Yeah, I'm more of a guns type of person. Don't get me wrong, I love myself a big blade, but I've always been more partial to things that launch something. 

And I do agree with you on how the Glatorian should have had masks. Although I like how they wanted to define the Glatorian as being different from the Toa by giving them helmets instead of masks, I would have given them a different body build instead of a different head. I love the Inika build to death, but I didn't like how the Glatorian utilized the same body as the Toa, an entirely different species from them.

I think that's my beef with the Inika build in later years. While it was awesome and unique at first, they didn't do a good job of differentiating each wave. It got to a point where you'd buy a set and it would feel like a repeat. A lot of sets could be easily made using a binge of prior set parts without much trouble. That said, I'll always love my Mahri Hahli, Phantoka Lewa and Pohatu, along with Gresh and Mata Nui. Toa Metru Vakama will always be my favorite Toa though. How can you not love someone who has the guts to threaten to screw up time and space in order to come to a small truce with Teridax? He literally threatened to make sure Teridax's plans would never come into fruition.
  • Upvote 2

LEGO uploaded a new video featuring the summer sets. 

Dat organ music though

Something tells me that this is just a small bit of a longer trailer. We didn't even get the proper LEGO spinney thingy at the end.

Very good point. That would also explain why it's just 15 seconds instead of 30 seconds like typical LEGO TV commercials.

• Upvote 4

Anyhoot, should I put some money online just in-case the summer sets get released early on Walmart's site or something, in the U.S. of A.? I'm super pumped to get 'em ASAP just like I did for the winter wave.

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

So, only Europe has received them so far? A little disappointing, but I'll wait. I know usually the earliest people find them is sometime in July (at least that's how it was in years previously). I'm glad I'll have the money to get them when they release though.

I'm also glad TRU can't really get away with markups anymore due to competitive pricing, since they tend to be the first to ignore Lego and set out the new sets before their official release. If anyone starts spotting sets in the US though, I'm always ready to go around and check places.

dat_logo_newer.png

qs56078.jpg
 My Brickshelf, please don't copy!

... :t: :b: :m_o: :c:...

Looking for shiny Regirock, Articuno, and Virizion!

(Can trade most any legendary for them!)

My 3DS friend list is full, sorry!

Anyone who really wants the sets ASAP, you can order them from Amazon UK and pick the quickest shipping. I placed my order on Friday and they're scheduled to arrive tomorrow to Connecticut.

I rather not pay out-the-mouth for shipping.

200$? LOL

Edited by Minty Green

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

It could be the shortened version that's put on after the commercial has run for a while. Not sure why that'd be posted before the full one, though.

If that's the case, the LEGO Youtube channel really needs better management given how either episodes were released early in foreign dubs, or lack of a regular release schedule.

EDIT: More updates, captainwhitechocolate from tumblr has gotten the July-August LEGO Club Magazine while at the LEGO Store, which has a spread with info on the new villains, particularly Skull Grinder and Skull Slicer. Skull Grinder has a name! So far it's only one spread, so I hope that there's more pages with info on the other Skull Villains.

http://captainwhitechocolate.tumblr.com/post/122886582756/red-alert-skull-grinder-has-a-name-and-two-skull

Edited by Crunchyn
  • Upvote 8

"I could have been a Protector but then I took a stud to the feet."

Skull Slicer is 500x more interesting to me now.

"Fused to his...hookblades" that sounds painful. Can he feel pain?

Given his (seemingly) undead nature, I doubt it.

I'm suddenly reminded of the movie 9, because of how the Fabrication Machine (the Big Bad of the movie) would construct minions out of junk, various debris, and sometimes human and animal bones.

Edited by Bfahome
  • Upvote 2

OpAXNpl.jpg

Hm, Kulta aims to "Destroy all masks of power." I was under the impression they wanted to steal the masks for themselves. I guess he wants to destroy the MoCr after all? Curious.

Edit: So Slicer is controlled by LoSS, but Grinder's description says he controls all Skull Creatures...huh?

Edited by Nescent
  • Upvote 1

IetTsFQ.png

Hm, Kulta aims to "Destroy all masks of power." I was under the impression they wanted to steal the masks for themselves. I guess he wants to destroy the MoCr after all? Curious.

Edit: So Slicer is controlled by LoSS, but Grinder's description says he controls all Skull Creatures...huh?

My guess is that Kulta controls LoSS, and under Kulta's control, LoSS took over Skull Slicer and thus gave command of the warrior to Kulta.

• Upvote 1

I'm not sure about this, but Slicer's description says he was an arena champion...not a skull creature (too bad, I was expecting Skull Squad instead).

Maybe that's why Kulta doesn't control him?

SH0Gxlo.png