OFFICIAL Bionicle 2015 Topic

Makaru

I'm excited for the new sets and story this summer!!! :D

Who else is planning on getting all of the sets? ^_^

Me.

This is my paaaiiiiin.

Because the sets aren't out in the U.S.? I hear you.

@everything about Skull Scorpio: To me, he doesn't look mashed together... He is actually one of my favorites of the coming wave.

Edited by Daler99
  • Upvote 3

~Daler

I don't know about anyone else, but I think Target has stopped clearancing the Gali and Onuas. It's a shame I didn't buy extras then. 

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

In regards to skull scorpio whilst he is still quite a disappointing set his tail function really does remind me of the bohrok, does make me wonder what the future might hold. Also am I the only one who noticed that bohrok eyes are back?

Those eyes never went out of production in the first place. They've been used in a few system sets over the last few years.
  • Upvote 5

In regards to skull scorpio whilst he is still quite a disappointing set his tail function really does remind me of the bohrok, does make me wonder what the future might hold. Also am I the only one who noticed that bohrok eyes are back?

Those eyes never went out of production in the first place. They've been used in a few system sets over the last few years.
Potatu's jeterangs also have bohrok eyes on their ends as well.

Also, my 2015 sets came yesterday. They're even cooler in person. I'm reallllly really loving them as of now. Skull slicer's multiple arm function is a little funky, and skull warrior doesn't balance well when you put his crossbow on his back, but over all they all look awesome separately and together. Kulta's torso gap really isn't bothering me all that much, Scorpio might be my favorite of the 5 honestly, and the MoCr is absolutely stunning and looks amazing on both Ekimu and Kulta. I posted some pictures, including some mask close ups, on Instagram. You should be able to click the link and be able to see them without an account

https://instagram.com/sydorack

Edited by sydorack
  • Upvote 1

:y::m_o::l::m_o:

You know, it would be nice to know what powers the MoC has, because right now it just feels like a normal mask with a cool design, rather than something legendary like the Ignika.

Personally I have no problem with that—the Ignika was ridiculously OP, and I'd rather the new story tried to have a little more restraint.

But if the commercial has any story accuracy at all, then the Mask of Creation may have the power to create living (or at least reanimated) creations, which would definitely make it more powerful than the G1 version of that mask.

• Upvote 3

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

You know, it would be nice to know what powers the MoC has, because right now it just feels like a normal mask with a cool design, rather than something legendary like the Ignika.

Personally I have no problem with that—the Ignika was ridiculously OP, and I'd rather the new story tried to have a little more restraint.But if the commercial has any story accuracy at all, then the Mask of Creation may have the power to create living (or at least reanimated) creations, which would definitely make it more powerful than the G1 version of that mask.

I wouldn't say the Ignika was OP. It was powerful for sure, but it was also balanced. Using its power often harmed or destroyed any who wished to use it. Not to mention having a legendary mask not be powerful makes zero logical sense. There's no reason to fight over something if it isn't any more powerful than what you could get anywhere else. That's like having a Triforce that does absolutely nothing.

• Upvote 4

Personally I have no problem with that—the Ignika was ridiculously OP, and I'd rather the new story tried to have a little more restraint.But if the commercial has any story accuracy at all, then the Mask of Creation may have the power to create living (or at least reanimated) creations, which would definitely make it more powerful than the G1 version of that mask.

I wouldn't say the Ignika was OP. It was powerful for sure, but it was also balanced. Using its power often harmed or destroyed any who wished to use it. Not to mention having a legendary mask not be powerful makes zero logical sense. There's no reason to fight over something if it isn't any more powerful than what you could get anywhere else. That's like having a Triforce that does absolutely nothing.

If being able to murder an entire universe isn't overpowered, I don't know what is.

Also, not being overpowered isn't the same as not being powerful at all. It's not like there are only two extremes.

~B~

• Upvote 2

If being able to murder an entire universe isn't overpowered, I don't know what is.Also, not being overpowered isn't the same as not being powerful at all. It's not like there are only two extremes.~B~
It seems like you totally ignored the whole "anyone who wears the mask goes insane or dies" part. Next thing you know someone will be saying the Vahi is OP, even though no one is able to use it for long without suffering side effects. Prolonged use could really mess you up.

I feel like everyone is assuming that I want the MoC to be overpowered. I didn't say that all. Legendary =/= OP. The Avahkii and the Kraahkan are both one of a kind and powerful. I consider them legendary in their own right. The point I was trying to make was that I have no real motive to want the Mask of Creation due to barely even knowing what it does. Right now it's just a pretty kanohi and not much else.

Edited by BlatantlyHeroic

The G1 Mask of Creation (and the G2 incarnation to an extent) is just a giant plot-hole in the shape of mask.

A user could just make a device that's stronger than the Vahi and Ignika. Why would you need anything else? I'm just surprised Artakha/Ekimu didn't just create something that would set peace to the entire universe.

• Upvote 1

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

The G1 Mask of Creation (and the G2 incarnation to an extent) is just a giant plot-hole in the shape of mask.

A user could just make a device that's stronger than the Vahi and Ignika. Why would you need anything else? I'm just surprised Artakha/Ekimu didn't just create something that would set peace to the entire universe.

Ekimu doesn't do that because G2 = Magic and Powers and Fantasy. G1 was like that for its first year, then quickly became more Guns and Robots and Overcomplicated Explanations and Sci-Fi. I like G2 a lot better.
  • Upvote 2

Because they have to know how to make it before the mask can create it, and either way, it should be impossible to create something more powerful than the Vahi or Ignika because they control fundamental aspects of the MU.

VBWj75sh.png

If being able to murder an entire universe isn't overpowered, I don't know what is.Also, not being overpowered isn't the same as not being powerful at all. It's not like there are only two extremes.~B~

It seems like you totally ignored the whole "anyone who wears the mask goes insane or dies" part. Next thing you know someone will be saying the Vahi is OP, even though no one is able to use it for long without suffering side effects. Prolonged use could really mess you up.

I feel like everyone is assuming that I want the MoC to be overpowered. I didn't say that all. Legendary =/= OP. The Avahkii and the Kraahkan are both one of a kind and powerful. I consider them legendary in their own right. The point I was trying to make was that I have no real motive to want the Mask of Creation due to barely even knowing what it does. Right now it's just a pretty kanohi and not much else.

You're right that the fact that anyone who wore the Mask of Life died made for a significant limitation. However, its powers could affect almost anything without being worn, and while the mask itself did not always have absolute control over that (remember, it's sentient, making it overpowered as a character as well as a mask), it made for an incredibly volatile plot device even wnen no one wore it. Later in the story, the Ignika itself in the form of a Toa (as Toa Ignika and Toa Mata Nui) could make use of the mask's powers without dying, further making that limitation irrelevant.

The OP nature of the Ignika is most apparent when compared with the original Legendary mask, the Vahi. Apart from its use as a bargaining chip (as best evidenced in Time Trap), the Vahi was functionally useless. We never once saw a character use it without losing control and slowing down time for themselves as well.

In any case, I agree that the Mask of Creation should be powerful. But frankly, even its default power set—the ability to basically create anything out of the materials at hand—is enough to make it one of the most powerful masks solely on account of its versatility. One of the core values of any Lego theme is creativity—the Mask of Creation makes any given character's creativity into any weapon, or the solution to almost any problem.

Edited by Lyichir
  • Upvote 2

Huh, I would've thought Basher would use a rubber band like Dragon Bolt instead of having the ribbed hose act as the spring. Is it a decent substitute?

Yeah -

, it allows you to swipe the arms left and right, something that cannot be done when built with a rubber band.

Yes it's definitely awesome. Whilst rubber bands are very useful, I always appreciate it when a function is accomplished using an actual Lego piece. Plus as nescent said it allows for him to slash his arms left and right as well as bashing together.

• Upvote 1

:y::m_o::l::m_o:

I want Basher and Grinder soooooooooooo badly now, I find them and warrior to be the best out of this wave. 

You and me both, Basher is my favorite, followed by Warrior and Grinder. Basher's function is fun and ingenious, and looks awesome in action.

IetTsFQ.png

I'm not too enthused by Warrior. He's the only one to play it safe out of the four minions, and to me feels like just a larger-scale Protector of Jungle. Slicer's got the intricate gearbox and four arms, Basher's arm swinging sets him apart, and Scorpio's a non-humanoid build, which I don't think has been attempted enough. Warrior has no gimmick to call its own; there's nothing wrong with that, but it's not much in the way of a new building experience.

I realized something:

In Episode 1, the Villager telling the Prophecy of Heroes to the kid Villager is NOT the PoF!  The Villager in this scene has the build of a regular Villager instead of the unique build that the Protectors get.  That means that the kid is not the kid of the Pof!

EDIT:  Also, I realize that I'm already nostalgic for the first season of episodes. ^_^

Edited by Daler99
  • Upvote 1

~Daler

I realized something:

In Episode 1, the Villager telling the Prophecy of Heroes to the kid Villager is NOT the PoF!  The Villager in this scene has the build of a regular Villager instead of the unique build that the Protectors get.  That means that the kid is not the kid of the Pof!

EDIT:  Also, I realize that I'm already nostalgic for the first season of episodes. ^_^

Alright, but I don't see why that's particularly important, to be frank.

Speaking of which, while it's entirely possible that the kid is G2's Takua, the father relaying the legends to his son may just be an excuse for the carvings to be lit up and visible. Then again, they had the kid reappear in the next episode...

• Upvote 2

Don't lump me in with 'everyone'.

• Upvote 4

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

Skull Scorpio's legs are absolute rubbish, they have no posability whatsoever. Now I know why everyone hates it.

I dislike your opinion. No child wants to deal with a messy tangle of six legs to constantly maneuver and pose while trying to play. The legs themselves keep the figure off of the ground at a respectable height and provide a neat aesthetic.

• Upvote 2

I do think that Skull Scorpio's legs leave something to be desired. In my opinion, Lord of Skull Spiders had pretty much the optimal amount of poseability for a six-legged creature—enough to allow for multiple poses, but not so much that reposing him became a chore. Skull Scorpio's legs, which are totally static, are much less impressive, though to be fair he makes up for it with a poseable head and claws.

It's worth noting that while Skull Scorpio's most direct antecedent, Nui Jaga, did have movable legs, they didn't amount to much—considering Nui-Jaga's low underbelly, the legs rarely even supported his weight. Skull Scorpio could be considered an improvement insofar as he at least has functional arms and claws, whereas the Nui-Jaga's arms were static and its "claws" were just masks to be knocked off.

I'll have to have Skull Scorpio in-hand before I can come to a firm conclusion about his tail. Functionally, it seems quite impressive, but aesthetically, it replaces the Nui-Jaga's graceful arc with a less attractive lever-like movement.

• Upvote 11

I realized there's a little mistake on the box for the Ekimu/Kulta set, the staff Kulta carries is missing a black pin that appears on the top half of his staff, maybe it was a late addition? On the subject of the skeletons am I the only one who's getting sick of the "spooky scary skeleton" song?

• Upvote 2

It's time to move on.

I don't know about anyone else, but I think Target has stopped clearancing the Gali and Onuas. It's a shame I didn't buy extras then.

You know I had been to my closes Target many a time during this alleged clearance of Onua and Gali and yet it would appear that not all target's followed this pattern as none of the Bionicle sets were clearance from what I could see.

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

Speaking of Target, has anyone spotted the summer figures online yet for the U.S.? No? Ugh.

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

Speaking of Target, has anyone spotted the summer figures online yet for the U.S.? No? Ugh.

Wow did you give yourself whiplash from that fast turn around? I myself want to know as soon as they appear inside our coastline.

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png