OFFICIAL Bionicle 2015 Topic

Makaru

What if it were pushed into 2016?

You seem to have deleted whatever you meant to quote, but I assume you're talking about a hypothetical sixth Skull Villain. It's certainly POSSIBLE that such a set were postponed a year, but I doubt it. Next year's sets will likely have their own unique aesthetic, overarching theme, and unique set of collectibles. It would certainly be odd (and frankly, unprecedented) for them to try and shoehorn a villain planned for this year into next year's sets. And if they did end up doing so, that figure might be substantially redesigned to fit that year's theme (which, unfortunately, would likely rule out a blended Tahu or Gali mask in such a set).

Huh, I thought I had quoted it. Must've made a mistake.

Guess you're right. This is like the Snake Train all over again.

Perhaps not exactly. We know now that the Snake Train was never intended to become a set—Mark Stafford, the builder, confirmed that it was nothing more than a proof-of-concept for what "transformed" snake vehicles could be like, using the well-known Emerald Night as a base. On the other hand, we don't know for sure (and may never know) whether that winged Skull villain was intended as a set or whether it was just one of many unused concepts made solely to establish the new wave's mood and aesthetic.

Really? I always thought it was supposed to be a set. 

What is that menacing plant in the background?

Maybe they're just trying to imply that the city is old and deserted.

But the city is frozen in time. How could a plant grow in it if it wasn't there before the time-freezing happened?

morbuzakh.

Where do you get the impression that they have opposite goals? Lord of Skull Spiders steals masks, and Kulta destroys them. How would you expect Kulta to destroy masks he doesn't have? Particularly considering the Skull Army has not been shown to leave the Ancient City. In that sense, Lord of Skull Spiders performs a necessary function, by collecting the masks strewn across the island for Kulta to dispose of.

Even if LoSS and Kulta aren't at odds, if Makuta gets out of bed he is going to hate both of their guts. I got the impression that Makuta wanted to hoard and collect all of the mask's power for himself, which he can't do if said masks are destroyed. 

Is Korgot really a girl?

Yes. The proof is in some Amazon preview pages for the new Bionicle book. 

Makuta IS out of bed. Kulta is currently Makuta and not himself. Not in the traditional BEING sense, but in the whole "YOUR BODY WILL BE USEFUL" mind control kind of way. Rhetorical questions: Now, why on Earth would Makuta want to destroy his brother's all powerful mask that seems to give whoever wears it the power to swipe people away with a gesture? Why would someone who envied his brother for his creative abilities want to destroy those creations? Could it be that he actually wants to *gasp* keep his brother from reaching his full power and at the same time spite him? Noooooo, couldn't beee...

Edited by BlatantlyHeroic

Where do you get the impression that they have opposite goals? Lord of Skull Spiders steals masks, and Kulta destroys them. How would you expect Kulta to destroy masks he doesn't have? Particularly considering the Skull Army has not been shown to leave the Ancient City. In that sense, Lord of Skull Spiders performs a necessary function, by collecting the masks strewn across the island for Kulta to dispose of.

Even if LoSS and Kulta aren't at odds, if Makuta gets out of bed he is going to hate both of their guts. I got the impression that Makuta wanted to hoard and collect all of the mask's power for himself, which he can't do if said masks are destroyed.

That's assuming that isn't part of Makuta's plan in the first place (probably not a safe assumption, considering the G1 Makuta's reputation for being behind EVERYTHING). Tell me—what is Kulta's end goal? WHY is he destroying all masks? Could it be that that's what Makuta wants? In fact, it would not surprise me if Makuta has some way to harness the elemental power of those masks when they're destroyed.

• Upvote 1

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

This is odd. I ordered the four smaller Skull villains from ToysRUs last night. they are all coming separately, and Skull Slicer (My favorite) is getting slower shipping than the rest. Even though I payed extra for it.

A fish wielding vampire. That's Spiffy.

So I went to the main page of Bionicle.com and clicked on the 'Comic Ekimo' section (another typo found :P), and it took me to a comic page where Kuita is seemingly trying to put the Mask of Creation into what appears to be an active forge before Ekimu stops him. 

Here is a link to this page: http://cache.lego.com/r/www/r/bionicle/-/media/franchises/bionicle%202014/comic%20strips/2hy%20comics/3002_ekimo_comic.jpg?l.r2=1362603460

Could this mean that he is trying to destroy the Mask of Creation? In case I missed something, that seems like a new development with the Skull Villain. (Note: I haven't read any of the previews of the upcoming Bionicle book save for one. So if one of them explains this, then that is why I didn't know it.)

The main motivation for Kulta we've gotten is that he wants to destroy all Masks of Power, mostly the Mask of Creation. That was first revealed in the Club Magazine, I think. Also, I think that comic is from the MMvsSG set.

Also, why are the Lord of Skull Spiders and Kulta working together? They have opposite goals.

That's right. I remember reading about that when the magazine was released. I just forgot about it. *facepalm*

Thanks for the reply.

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

But it seems like he puts on the mask right before confronting the Toa and by the time they reach him I can imagine the Scorpios are long defeated. I was under the impression that (with the exception of maybe Slicer?) Kulta had somehow created all of the other Skull Bros using his own dark powers. Although maybe he used the Mask of Creation to accomplish that, too? Perhaps the commercial has more credibility than we thought. :P

Edited by IXRollOutIX
  • Upvote 1

Why did Kulta put on the MoC in the animations if he intended to destroy it?

Probably because it's a means to an end. I doubt he's destroying the masks for the sake of any principled stance against them or anything like that, and a larger army would certainly make it easier to collect and destroy the remaining masks scattered across Okoto (as well as anyone who tries to stop him).

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Makuta IS out of bed. Kulta is currently Makuta and not himself. Not in the traditional BEING sense, but in the whole "YOUR BODY WILL BE USEFUL" mind control kind of way.

Do we actually have anything saying that Makuta is driving his body around rather than just commanding or influencing him?  Last I knew Kulta was just under his "control", which has a whole range of possibilities.

OpAXNpl.jpg

Makuta IS out of bed. Kulta is currently Makuta and not himself. Not in the traditional BEING sense, but in the whole "YOUR BODY WILL BE USEFUL" mind control kind of way.

Do we actually have anything saying that Makuta is driving his body around rather than just commanding or influencing him?  Last I knew Kulta was just under his "control", which has a whole range of possibilities.

I wouldn't be surprised if Makuta was controlling Kulta from some very remote location. The 'legendary masks' tend to pretty OP as we've seen, so the Mask of Control could be controlling every other villains we've seen so far.

That's also assuming that Makuta has said mask. As far as we know, it was lost when he abandoned it for the MoUP.

Edited by Minty Green

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

Theres some sort of inventory tracking  problem with target. Literally every store in Houston is listed as having 4 skull bashers in stock and on the shelves, but none of them actually do. I called 5 today and all of them said they didn't have any of the new wave in stock or in the back. One of them said it might be a glitch since they all have the same number listed

I guess these questions aren't meant to be answered just yet to preserve some kind of mystery, but if Kulta created his skeletman army, what created him? Where did he come from? If he's undead himself, how was he resurrected? Was Makuta involved? If so, I guess that means he also possesses the power to raise the dead too? 

Much question. Such mysterious. Wow.

I wonder how long it's going to take to learn this information. I just hope questions like this don't go entirely unanswered. 

• Upvote 3

I mean, they're both literally the same thing. Makuta puts his plans into full swing and commits the full betrayal in both. Putting Mata Nui and Ekimu into an endless sleep, while also leaving Metru Nui/The Ancient City uninhabited and in disrepair for the most part.

• Upvote 1

Yeah, and the title "City of the Mask Makers" hearkens back to LoMN when Vakama calls Metru Nui the same name. A cool reference for sure, one of many I've found on the site. The mention of Masks of "Strength and Speed" is also an interesting one.

And the city is frozen in time? I wonder if using the supposed Mask of Time to free it from that stasis will play an important role in coming years. 

-NotS

tahubanner.jpg

I for one am absolutely loving the re-imagined plot points and references to Gen 1 so far. Things like that rekindle my excitement about this reboot. 

Same here.

Also, I like the new info on the website but once again stuff is switched around for Stone and Earth. Sigh... seriously, they mess that up every time. You'd think by now they'd have it straitened out. After all, the elements are color-coded for Mata Nui's sake. It's not a big deal, it just gets irritating. I can't wait for the new episodes and to get the new sets! I also look forward to a new game to replace the MoC one.

10331959915_9f4d0b34c7.jpg
"Avengers? Fantastic Four? X-Dudes? They can all kiss my bony, flammable plastic."- Johnathan Blaze (Ghost Rider Vol 7 0.1)

That's assuming that isn't part of Makuta's plan in the first place (probably not a safe assumption, considering the G1 Makuta's reputation for being behind EVERYTHING). Tell me—what is Kulta's end goal? WHY is he destroying all masks? Could it be that that's what Makuta wants? In fact, it would not surprise me if Makuta has some way to harness the elemental power of those masks when they're destroyed.

Yeah, I agree here. Despite knowing Makuta is driven by his jealousy, we don't really know much else about him and his plans/motivations. I'm thinking that he is currently under the influence of the MOUP and evil and stuff, though his inner jealousy/pains are all his own. His main goal I believe, whether he is awake or not is to get the MOUP, which I predict he needs the power of the six golden masks to activate. Makuta could very much be awake and alive, since we didn't actually see what happened to him. He might have not been knocked out like Ekimu in the blast. All just speculation though. I imagine at the end he could pull a Sensei Garmadon.

Oh, sweet Mata Nui... If ever you needed proof of just how inpenetrable the lore of Bionicle is for an outsider to jump into all at once, once need only listen to SFDebris try to sum up the plot of the first two movies in his Web of Shadows review. He does give the world of Bionicle the respect it's due, but dang... hearing it from the mouth of someone with limited familiarity with the line, it's pretty sobering to listen him try to say all of these names right. Even I felt like I was about to go cross eyed.

the_toa_sig_by_nickinamerica-dbn0wau.png

The Toa- A Bionicle Retelling by NickonAquaMagna http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/25275-the-toa-a-retelling-of-bionicle/

The 1st Shadow and Ghidora131 report no sign of any of 'em in Vancouver, WA, and somewhere on the East Coast, respectively. I still haven't looked. 

"Remember when the comics forum had a lot of good stuff? Let's make that a thing again." -Kazi the Matoran

I checked my local Target and Walmart yesterday in Kemah, Texas, and didn't see any summer sets. I hope they will be in stock in the next couple weeks. I really want Mask Maker vs. Skull Grinder.

pc0lX6T.png

...All right then. I guess that discussion's already been had.

Yep.

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

So the name for the first graphic novel is Gathering of the Tor. What do you say on the Tor? Filler characters, next years villains, or an egregious misspelling of Toa?

I... can't tell if you are being sarcastic. But seeing as the Toa are already gathered and are a team, I would say it might be something new.

EDIT: It's probably a misspelling. They also say "OKTO PRTOECTORS GUIDE" in the description.

Edited by Bonkle

well "Tor" is clearly just the boot title trying ot stay true to how the narrator's accent affects the word "Toa". :u

EDIT: It's probably a misspelling. They also say "OKTO PRTOECTORS GUIDE" in the description.

I want an Octo-Protector guidebook now tbh.

The book will be written by Skull Slicer, who has some experience in the multiple-arm field. :P

• Upvote 1

Ekimu changes his name to Ekimo, the Toa are now called 'Tor,' and Island of Okoto is now called 'Okto' I was not expecting so many name changes in this new generation of Bionicle. Especially in its first year!  :o

Sorry, couldn't help making a joke about all this. :P

Edited by Toa Smoke Monster
  • Upvote 1

pc0lX6T.png

Ekimu changes his name to Ekimo, the Toa are now called 'Tor,' and Island of Okoto is now called 'Okto' I was not expecting so many name changes in this new generation of Bionicle. Especially in its first year!  :o

Sorry, couldn't help making a joke about all this. :P

Ekimo, the Tor and the ENTIRE ISLAND fought in the Bohrok Wars. They deserve new names. :P

• Upvote 3

Why do Tahu and Pohatu's masks have a fake vent on the top rather than a real one, as seen on Gali's mask?. Wouldn't a proper vent look better, allow for better light exposure for the brainstalk, and reduce cost, or is the process too difficult and expensive?

Morbuzakh 2.0, of course  :D

Why do Tahu and Pohatu's masks have a fake vent on the top rather than a real one, as seen on Gali's mask?. Wouldn't a proper vent look better, allow for better light exposure for the brainstalk, and reduce cost, or is the process too difficult and expensive?

Morbuzakh 2.0, of course  :D

I would agree, it would've looked a lot better. Lewa's mask would have benefited as well but perhaps they were concerned that the masks would be brittle or something. I'm still not a big fan of Pohatu's mask. It's just way too box-y and looks very flat and long from the sides. I think if the air intakes were shaped differently and extend halfway down the sides of the mask, it would look a lot better. As it is, it looks like he has two boxes strapped to his cheeks.

11313682_1616295011980992_1385495082_n.j

Put this guy together last night, figured I'd share him here.  This is probably one of my favorite combiners ever.  Thing is ssaaaweeeeet.  

That looks insanely awesome! Certainly one of the best combo models in a loooong time and certainly the best CCBS combiner thus far. It's especially nice how the the colors flow together and don't look like a jumbled mess.

10331959915_9f4d0b34c7.jpg
"Avengers? Fantastic Four? X-Dudes? They can all kiss my bony, flammable plastic."- Johnathan Blaze (Ghost Rider Vol 7 0.1)

I'm debating on actually ordering the three sets I put in my cart on Amazon.  Mask Maker vs Skull Grinder (As thankfully I was wrong about it being 40 bucks), Skull Basher, and Skull Warrior.  

"She lost in me her credence..."
"But what's normal anyway?"
"Don't walk away... don't walk away..."