OFFICIAL Bionicle 2015 Topic

Makaru

http://derchronist.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1104&start=10#p10566 yo have any of you guys seen this? The writer of the books was interviewed by a German fansite, and he dropped a few details about the new storyline.

Interesting. Maybe now that we know who's responsible for the Protector names the fans will stop complaining that Ryder isn't Greg. :P

• Upvote 2

http://derchronist.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1104&start=10#p10566 yo have any of you guys seen this? The writer of the books was interviewed by a German fansite, and he dropped a few details about the new storyline.

That's a great find. I think it's really cool that he answered these questions on that site. I like that he proposed giving names to the Protectors to help them standout. I will admit that the names are not my favorites IMO, but at least they have names, so I won't complain too much about them. :P

What interests me the most, though, is the info on the graphic novels. I'm glad to hear that they are more than adaptations of the episodes and will be used to expand on Gen 2 Bionicle's characters, locations, and history. That makes me even more excited for the upcoming Graphic Novel being released soon.

• Upvote 1

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

Black Six posted the leaked set names of 2016 and the fans kept telling him he was breaking his own rule. He ignored us and on the next day, he was forced to take down the link when we had told him so a day ago.

I was lol'ing the whole day when that happened.
  • Upvote 2

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

That's pretty awesome. Especially that it's finally been specified that the characters are indeed biomechanical this time around, and we can put speculation on that to rest.

• Upvote 1

00_gaeas_reaper.jpgjrfightmeditatesmaller.gif00_shadowboxer.jpg

Next episode is out: Unity, Duty, Destiny!

What's interesting is that apparently the pedestal by LoSS on the bridge was for the Mask of Creation, not the Golden Mask of Skull Spiders - so Pohatu wondering about the pedestal wasn't a thread intended to lead into the second book, but a bit of foreshadowing for the summer episodes.

Edited by Pereki
  • Upvote 1

believe victims. its actually not that hard, and youd look kind of bad if you were to, say, side with an abuser because theyre your friend

Next episode is out: Unity, Duty, Destiny!

What's interesting is that apparently the pedestal by LoSS on the bridge was for the Mask of Creation, not the Golden Mask of Skull Spiders - so Pohatu wondering about the pedestal wasn't a thread intended to lead into the second book, but a bit of foreshadowing for the summer episodes.

I was waiting for Ekimu to say something about the city and when we finally got to that part and saw how honest Onua is, I cracked up. Good to see a few points are solidified.

• Upvote 1

The news story was well within the lines of the leak policy.  The set names were from an official source (Amazon), and when it was confirmed that they were not meant to be shared publicly the information was removed.

"If the images or information were not officially released by LEGO or a reliable source, they cannot be posted on BZPower. Discussion of new sets and other information can wait until they are officially announced by LEGO or through its partners." What dictates a reliable source? Previously decried leaks have been proven correct, so they would be reliable. Double standard, yes?

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

The news story was well within the lines of the leak policy.  The set names were from an official source (Amazon), and when it was confirmed that they were not meant to be shared publicly the information was removed.

"If the images or information were not officially released by LEGO or a reliable source, they cannot be posted on BZPower. Discussion of new sets and other information can wait until they are officially announced by LEGO or through its partners." What dictates a reliable source? Previously decried leaks have been proven correct, so they would be reliable. Double standard, yes?

The second part about LEGO's partners also matters. Amazon is a trusted partner of LEGO. Previous leaks have not been so close.

Honestly, this whole thing is much ado about nothing. I don't understand why people are still making such a stink about it a month later.

• Upvote 2

What dictates a reliable source? Previously decried leaks have been proven correct, so they would be reliable. Double standard, yes?

"Reliable" does not mean "correct" in this case, it means officially sanctioned and not blatantly outside of LEGO's release terms.  Amazon is considered reliable.  A person who snaps a picture of a retail catalog with their cell phone is not.

Honestly, this whole thing is much ado about nothing. I don't understand why people are still making such a stink about it a month later.

Because some people don't understand the distinction, or don't want to understand it.

• Upvote 5

OpAXNpl.jpg

I wonder why the Mask of Creation was put there - did it somehow seal the bridge, but Kulta came from inside the city so was able to take it?

(It was perhaps a small goof on Windham's part to include the "What's this pedestal?" in the book, but not include the resolution to that question when transposing the animations...)

Now that the (previously majority?) view of the pedestal being for the Golden Mask of Skull Spiders has been disproven, we can have a proper discussion of what that mask is for.

Since we haven't actually seen LoSS use it, and Club Magazine says LoSS controls the Skull Spiders through his own telepathy, I can see two options: Either the mask is to appear in Revenge of the Skull Spiders so that someone else can lead the Skull Spiders (I'd guess Skull Slicer, because then his regular mask is foreshadowing ;)); or the mask is simply non-canon, like the half-trans Kopaka and Pohatu masks (would be disappointing, but is probably most likely :().

:v: :m_o: :t: :u: :k: :m_o:

The second part about LEGO's partners also matters. Amazon is a trusted partner of LEGO. Previous leaks have not been so close.

I don't understand it either. Were people complaining this much when Target put up the Stars early back in 2009? Official retailers getting ahead of themselves and listing sets up earlier than intended is nothing new, but it's also never been something affected by the leaks policy. I guess some people are just a little incensed considering how long they weren't allowed to discuss leaks last year and are trying to stick it to the man by trying to point out a non-inconsistency but...eh.

Anyway, the stuff about Ryder is pretty cool. It really is interesting that the Protectors didn't really have characters or genders before he gave them some. Even if the names aren't the best, that was still a neat move. Since he gave them their genders, it actually would have been pretty cool if more than one could have been female. But he sounded surprised they let him have even just Korgot as a woman, so I guess it makes sense that he wouldn't try to push for more.

Edited by the ghost of isaac newton
  • Upvote 1

AXKP5KC.png

To be even more precise I'm the guy who at first leaked sets on a forum I can't name but most of you know :^)

while I was doing that, on 4chan Black Six kept on telling I was a liar. Looks like he was wrong :^)))))

Andrew doesn't even view 4chan, let alone post on it. You're bragging about being right against a different anon, bro. Good for you, I guess?

• Upvote 6

31399314352_5890b9b8a3_o.jpg

To be even more precise I'm the guy who at first leaked sets on a forum I can't name but most of you know :^)

while I was doing that, on 4chan Black Six kept on telling I was a liar. Looks like he was wrong :^)))))

You do realize that 4chan is the bottomless abyss that destroys all goodness in the world? It's the very abyss Batman avoids at all costs. It's filled with liars, fakes, phonies, and worst of all *gasp* opportunists. 

Edited by Tarvaxx
  • Upvote 4

You do realize that 4chan is the bottomless abyss that destroys all goodness in the world? It's the very abyss Batman avoids at all costs. It's filled with liars, fakes, phonies, and worst of all *gasp* opportunists. 

I'm not a 4channer, but I feel like that's just rude to negatively generalize the site and its users like that. 

Also, reliable: "consistently good in quality or performance," "dependability of result," and "able to be believed : likely to be true or correct". Pedantic? Yes. But a source who provides correct information would technical be reliable. "Officially sanctioned and not blatantly outside of LEGO's release terms" is not "reliable". Perhaps we should pick a different word. 

Edited by Wazdakka

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

Also, reliable: "consistently good in quality or performance," "dependability of result," and "able to be believed : likely to be true or correct". Pedantic? Yes. But a source who provides correct information would technical be reliable. "Officially sanctioned and not blatantly outside of LEGO's release terms" is not "reliable". Perhaps we should pick a different word.

Is that really the sticking point here?  The use of "reliable" outside of its strict dictionary definition?  A definition which wouldn't even apply to leaked information anyway, since even if they are, say, actual preliminary images of sets they are still preliminary and not necessarily representative of the official product.  Part of why they're meant to be confidential in the first place is because they're not reliable.

But if you think it's really that confusing, then talk to the administration and see if there's some clarification that could be made instead of posting here about nonexistent "double standards".  Personally I've been wanting a rewrite of the leak policy for a while just to make it absolutely 100% clear so people don't lose their minds whenever Gata finds a Mask of Creation image on Shop@Home or whatever and start crying "hypocrisy!"  But I have a mind like a sieve so I always forget to brings these sorts of things up.

Anyway that last episode was pretty great huh.  Onua and Lewa still have the best dynamic.

• Upvote 6

OpAXNpl.jpg

Anyone else find the "T" on Ekimu's Tomb? What do we have now?

YIUT

Basically, it's going to be an anagram of "UNITY". Slightly underwhelming as Easter Eggs go, seeing as the latest episode already referenced all three Virtues in its title...

Although maybe Yiutn is a future character's name too? ;)

:v: :m_o: :t: :u: :k: :m_o:

Is that really the sticking point here?  The use of "reliable" outside of its strict dictionary definition?  A definition which wouldn't even apply to leaked information anyway, since even if they are, say, actual preliminary images of sets they are still preliminary and not necessarily representative of the official product.  Part of why they're meant to be confidential in the first place is because they're not reliable.

But if you think it's really that confusing, then talk to the administration and see if there's some clarification that could be made instead of posting here about nonexistent "double standards".  Personally I've been wanting a rewrite of the leak policy for a while just to make it absolutely 100% clear so people don't lose their minds whenever Gata finds a Mask of Creation image on Shop@Home or whatever and start crying "hypocrisy!"  But I have a mind like a sieve so I always forget to brings these sorts of things up.

Anyway that last episode was pretty great huh.  Onua and Lewa still have the best dynamic.

A source who provides a leaked image that ends up being correct would be reliable. That's what I'm trying to get at. And I didn't say I was confused; I just said that's not what the word means. 

Edited by Wazdakka
  • Upvote 1

A source who provides a leaked image that ends up being correct would be reliable. That's what I'm trying to get at. And I didn't say I was confused; I just said that's not what the word means. 

I mean, technically you're right in that it would match the dictionary definition of "reliable", but that's irrelevant to what the rule actually says. You can be as literal as you want about how someone consistently and accurately providing illegally obtained information would be "reliable", but even then that's nowhere near "official", which is really the main point of the policy.  It's just pedantry for pedantry's sake.

• Upvote 2

OpAXNpl.jpg

YIUT

Basically, it's going to be an anagram of "UNITY". Slightly underwhelming as Easter Eggs go, seeing as the latest episode already referenced all three Virtues in its title...

I think it's more of a reference to

the Toa's new titles. If you remember the Amazon leak, you'll know that next year will have a focus on Unity.

I actually think it's a pretty good secret, as you have to actually know the alphabet in order to understand it.

Edited by jed1ndy
  • Upvote 1

"The Kingslayer"

z2r5DTz.png

Complete Okoto Alphabet + Okotoan Symbols | Infrared's Okoto Font | SDCC Semi-Live Coverage

—————————BZPGOT S1 KILLS—————————

Gi9juq3.png

YIUT

I think it's more of a reference to

the Toa's new titles. If you remember the Amazon leak, you'll know that next year will have a focus on Unity.

I actually think it's a pretty good secret, as you have to actually know the alphabet in order to understand it.

Aww man... It's like how MNOG referenced the coming of the seventh Toa right under our noses, as well as the great spirit robot And the bohrok. :P

Edit: Toa Chuck, you are incorrect. They were not only found on Amazon, but LEGO's own database as as well. Therefore, they don't count as leaks. 

Edited by Tarvaxx

To be honest, I don't actually know the details of what happened and where precisely the leaks came from. I was just happy to jump on the hate train. If it came from LEGO in any manner, then it's legitimate. I acknowledge my misstep. 

Bionicles though!

Do you think that we might see the 2015 winter and summer waves go on clearance prior to the upcoming 2016 sets?

To be honest, I don't actually know the details of what happened and where precisely the leaks came from. I was just happy to jump on the hate train. If it came from LEGO in any manner, then it's legitimate. I acknowledge my misstep. 

Bionicles though!

Do you think that we might see the 2015 winter and summer waves go on clearance prior to the upcoming 2016 sets?

My area has the Winter $15 sets for $11.

It also Helps that I made this

bg7dDma.png?1

Yeah, I remember your sprites back when we first discovered them! Do you remember mine?

dlyYye2.jpg

Edited by jed1ndy

"The Kingslayer"

z2r5DTz.png

Complete Okoto Alphabet + Okotoan Symbols | Infrared's Okoto Font | SDCC Semi-Live Coverage

Gi9juq3.png

It also Helps that I made this

bg7dDma.png?1

Yeah, I remember your sprites back when we first discovered them! Do you remember mine?

[image]

Yeah, You did a good job on those, especially the Y(Or X, but I call it Y).

I don't really like the Okoto alphabet. It's (and I never thought I'd say this) too complicated. Yeah the G1 alphabet was simple as it was circles with patterns in them. This looks like an actual old tribal alphabet. 

Really? I kind of think the opposite. 

Rather than circles, the Okotoan alphabet looks like runes, which are a much older way of writing than on paper or other methods of writing without having to carve. In other words, the Okotoan language looks older to me because...well, I suppose it's hard to carve a circle into a rock. 

• Upvote 3

bZpOwEr

I don't really like the Okoto alphabet. It's (and I never thought I'd say this) too complicated. Yeah the G1 alphabet was simple as it was circles with patterns in them. This looks like an actual old tribal alphabet.

Rather than circles, the Okotoan alphabet looks like runes, which are a much older way of writing than on paper or other methods of writing without having to carve. In other words, the Okotoan language looks older to me because...well, I suppose it's hard to carve a circle into a rock.

This. While the Matoran alphabet was much easier to read and write, it didn't necessarily make as much sense considering how much of its early use was on carvings. Even the updated hexagonal version would be impractically complex to carve, considering how many lines you'd need to carve before even getting to the strokes that differentiate each letter. The Okoto alphabet would be much easier to reproduce in stone, since the letters themselves could be carved as a basic grid at first before adding detail to each individual character.

• Upvote 2

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

I actually like the Okoto runic alphabet. They look like their own characters whilst resembling the Latin alphabet (some more than others). However, in a stone-carving scenario, these characters are impractical. The symbols are far too thick and complex to make a good carvable writing system.

"The Kingslayer"

z2r5DTz.png

Gi9juq3.png

I'm just gonna move this here:

Wait... weren't there supposed to be a total of 20 animations this year? The first half of the year had 10, so this half should have 10. That means we should still have one more episode after the conclusion of the story in the animations...

Possible message to the fans from the BIONICLE team or something special? Perhaps even a glimpse into next year showing the 2016 Toa? 

Edited by Tarvaxx