OFFICIAL Bionicle 2015 Topic

Makaru

So I find it a bit odd that typing "BIONICLE" into the search box on LEGO.com no longer redirects to HF after some site maintenance today. It redirects to Super Heroes key chains now. That makes little sense, but hey, sorta news. :P

I reported the same thing earlier this afternoon on a different forum :P

I also discovered that typing in "Hero Factory" still brings up the Superheroes sets first.

Edited by Jakura Nuva
  • Upvote 2

So I find it a bit odd that typing "BIONICLE" into the search box on LEGO.com no longer redirects to HF after some site maintenance today. It redirects to Super Heroes key chains now. That makes little sense, but hey, sorta news. :P

I also discovered that typing in "Hero Factory" still brings up the Superheroes sets first.

Ah, thought I was the first to notice it. Guess I was a bit late to the party. :P If anything I think this is further confirmation of HF's end.

• Upvote 2
Bliss.png

You know what this means? BIONICLE 2015 is a stand-in for the return of the Super Hero Ultrabuilds!

#OmegaBatman

:P

• Upvote 2

Follow the light...

The Hype Train will take you to it

Follow me on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/JTHStudio

Also, watch my new BIONICLE Short: "How BIONICLE Really Came Back" http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/15938-how-bionicle-really-came-back-a-brickfilm/

You know what this means? BIONICLE 2015 is a stand-in for the return of the Super Hero Ultrabuilds!

#OmegaBatman

:P

Oh Mata Nui, something else to drain my wallet...

Edited by Makaru
  • Upvote 5

OH MY GOD

Okay Gunz, slow, smooth breaths. slow smooth breaths...

Okay I've managed to somewhat calm myself down, but sadly I can't discuss anything here... but I can't believe it's actually going to be a continuation. Huh. *throws hands up into air* I admit defeat, I really thought it would be a reboot but I guess not.

I'm just so happy right now...

EDIT: I get the feeling that even though it's going to be a continuation that some stuff is being changed/retconned.

Edited by Banana Gunz
  • Upvote 2

They've certainly earned it.  :P

...that said, I still don't want a continuation.  Old!Bionicle's story was told, dangit.  The ending was pretty lackluster, to me at least, but it was still an ending.

• Upvote 1

It is not for us to decide the fate of angels.

Dominus Temporis, if you're out there, hit me up through one of my contacts.  I've been hoping to get back in touch for a long time now.  (Don't worry, I'm not gonna beg you to bring back MLWTB or something.  :P )

They should make the Toa Mata into Turaga

And make the Chronicler's Company Toa

I second this notion

I think we have enough Toa but not that much Turagas, so I half second this notion (that makes me first?)

Wasn't it confirmed we have more Turaga than Toa currently?

Add me on 3DS: 0516-7750-0068

Add me on Wii U: Boidoh

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 4: Never Trust a Snake

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 44: Corridor of Elders

Like, Comment, And Subscribe for Nintendo Content - NinBoidoh

They should make the Toa Mata into Turaga

And make the Chronicler's Company Toa

I second this notion

I think we have enough Toa but not that much Turagas, so I half second this notion (that makes me first?)

Wasn't it confirmed we have more Turaga than Toa currently?

five Toa Nuva, one Toa Mata, one Takanuva, five Toa Mahri, six Toa Hagah, Lesovikk, Helryx, Tuyet, those serial Toa I don't care about, and lord knows who else, compared to six Turaga Metru, Turaga Dume, and a revived Turaga Lhikan? I question that analysis.

• Upvote 2

Wow.  Now people on LMB are asking Greg his opinion on the new storyline.  They're not only jumping to the conclusion there is a new storyline (hardly an amoeba's jump at this point), but they're asking him about it.  I guess, if Lego confirmed they were brining back Bionicle, he maybe could give his opinion, but not yet.

Speaking of, I showed this topic to my older sister today.  The first thing she asked was why Lego hasn't said anything.  After all, 2015's only 3 months away.  Er, 109 days, 2 hours, 16 minutes, and 30 seconds, in my time zone.

On 9/29/2014, Greg Farshtey said:

"Just wanted to say a quick something --

A lot of you guys are BIONICLE fans, many from way back. It's no secret that you are some of the smartest, most loyal, and most dedicated fans out there. You, and you alone, have carried the torch for the line over the last four years. Hopefully, you will feel rewarded for your efforts by 2015 BIONICLE.

Regardless, I wanted to take this opportunity to say that I am really proud to be associated with you, and you should be really proud of yourselves"

Ordinarily, I don't do quotes, but this is special.

Fire Ice Water Stone Earth Air... I mean Jungle.

Bionicle: The Legacy Hero An attempt to put some magic back into Bionicle.

As of Teridax's reign, there were more Turaga in the Matoran Universe than Toa (meaning there were at least 58 Turaga).

Trivia here: http://biosector01.com/wiki/index.php/Turaga

Add me on 3DS: 0516-7750-0068

Add me on Wii U: Boidoh

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 4: Never Trust a Snake

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 44: Corridor of Elders

Like, Comment, And Subscribe for Nintendo Content - NinBoidoh

Wow.  Now people on LMB are asking Greg his opinion on the new storyline. 

And they even go so far as to say that Greg shouldn't give them a fake answer. lol as if they're entitled to Greg losing his job for their sorry behinds. 

Wow who said that? That's really messed up. They should be happy Greg even bothers with any fans at all. He could stay mum about everything and never even acknowledge the fan-base if he wants to.

EDIT: It stinks that we're not getting any more turaga, maybe next wave?

I'm also going to imagine that this is going to be a multi-year theme, especially considering it's most likely a continuation now. It feels real weird that I was so sure that it would've been a reboot... aw well, I've been wrong before.

Edited by Makaru

And they even go so far as to say that Greg shouldn't give them a fake answer. lol as if they're entitled to Greg losing his job for their sorry behinds. 

Wow who said that? That's really messed up. They should be happy Greg even bothers with any fans at all. He could stay mum about everything and never even acknowledge the fan-base if he wants to.

I'm also going to imagine that this is going to be a multi-year theme, especially considering it's most likely a continuation now. It feels real weird that I was so sure that it would've been a reboot... aw well, I've been wrong before.

Re: Chat with Greg Farshtey

VORTIXXFAN_2

So Greg, now that the new BIO logo, photo's of the sets and all the other things saying BIonicle is coming back, would you be so kind as to give me your oppinion of the new story - not story details - and not some fakery?

Riiight...

Edited by Makaru
  • Upvote 1
Bliss.png

Re: Chat with Greg Farshtey

VORTIXXFAN_2

So Greg, now that the new BIO logo, photo's of the sets and all the other things saying BIonicle is coming back, would you be so kind as to give me your oppinion of the new story - not story details - and not some fakery?

Riiight...

Awww man, that's not cool at all. But whatever, let's not go around pointing out people. Sorry I asked for that, I should've thought better. But that's not real nice for real...

Edited by Makaru

But at this point it's basically confirmed that it's a continuation, right? I was shocked when I saw the ignika which isn't there because it isn't anywhere that it shouldn't be except where it is.  ;)

Even if we could discuss that which we can't, it wouldn't "confirm" anything, only a confirmation would. And among the things that must not be discussed are more concrete pointers towards a reboot.

AXKP5KC.png

I am ignoring all potential leaks with an offended dignity worthy of a cat. Come on, people, if it says right on the image that it's "PRELIMINARY" and "CONFIDENTIAL", you'd do best to not discuss it anywhere that enforces LEGO's Leaked Content Policy. Or anywhere at all, because preliminary means things can and will change.

And I'm still holding out for a reboot. Pitching ten years of storyline like a "faulty Kanohi" (ehe) might suck, but if that metaphorical Kanohi is faulty, which in this case it really is, then isn't it best to set that mask aside and recreate it without the flaws? I mean, all that work isn't wasted. You can look back, see what worked and what didn't -- in this case, what fans liked and what snapped their suspension of disbelief in two -- and then make a better, more enjoyable work of art that bears a family resemblance to its predecessor, but is stronger and still holds together when you try to pick it apart.

Edited by Makaru
  • Upvote 2

I write stories, on occasion. Finishing them... yeah, uh. That's another thing entirely.

Avatar made with the Rayg Kit 2.5, and featuring Lilak, Toa of Lightning.

She is totally, totally not a shameless self-insert. Y'know, except for the part where she is. :D

it's been many years since I've visited this place.  forgot my old username and password, which is a shame, i'd have liked to see that stuff.

I don't think I really feel like buying all the toys this time, but I'm definitely going to keep up with whatever story threads they throw at us.  probably buy one of them,

I love the idea of returning to the less futuristic visual style.  I hope the sets are a bit more complex and unique from each other than they got near the end.

I was an absolutely hilariously bad poster back in the day, so I'll try to be better this time around.  had some practice on internet discourse.

I am ignoring all potential leaks with an offended dignity worthy of a cat. Come on, people, if it says right on the image that it's "PRELIMINARY" and "CONFIDENTIAL", you'd do best to not discuss it anywhere that enforces LEGO's Leaked Content Policy. Or anywhere at all, because preliminary means things can and will change.

And I'm still holding out for a reboot. Pitching ten years of storyline like a "faulty Kanohi" (ehe) might suck, but if that metaphorical Kanohi is faulty, which in this case it really is, then isn't it best to set that mask aside and recreate it without the flaws? I mean, all that work isn't wasted. You can look back, see what worked and what didn't -- in this case, what fans liked and what snapped their suspension of disbelief in two -- and then make a better, more enjoyable work of art that bears a family resemblance to its predecessor, but is stronger and still holds together when you try to pick it apart.

I said "like a faulty Kanohi". In that context, "like" is a simile, not a metaphor. But whatever.

I must say, those sets do look lovely though. Definitely Bionicle-ish.

Edited by Makaru

VBWj75sh.png

And more on topic: I am ignoring all potential leaks with an offended dignity worthy of a cat. Come on, people, if it says right on the image that it's "PRELIMINARY" and "CONFIDENTIAL", you'd do best to not discuss it anywhere that enforces LEGO's Leaked Content Policy. Or anywhere at all, because preliminary means things can and will change.

I said "like a faulty Kanohi". In that context, "like" is a simile, not a metaphor. But whatever.

Simile, metaphor. That's semantics. The turn of phrase is "the metaphorical [X]", not the... there isn't even a word that's like "metaphorical" but for "simile". You're ignoring my rebuttal in favor of picking apart my word choice.

Edited by Makaru

I write stories, on occasion. Finishing them... yeah, uh. That's another thing entirely.

She is totally, totally not a shameless self-insert. Y'know, except for the part where she is. :D

Honestly, I don't think you can blame people for wanting to discuss the leaks, I mean, it's the first substantial content we've had in years. It's like putting a steak in front of a hungry dog, it might not go for it while you're looking (I.e BZP following Lego's policy) but it's going to bolt it down as soon as your back's turned (I.e other sites not following the policy) .

Also I don't think Miras meant the Faulty Kanohi comparison to compare to the quality or accessibility of the story, I think he meant it more as an example of something you throw away without thinking about.

Edited by Makaru
andromeda_m31_slideshow.jpg

Honestly, I don't think you can blame people for wanting to discuss the leaks, I mean, it's the first substantial content we've had in years. It's like putting a steak in front of a hungry dog, it might not go for it while you're looking (I.e BZP following Lego's policy) but it's going to bolt it down as soon as your back's turned (I.e other sites not following the policy) .

Also I don't think Miras meant the Faulty Kanohi comparison to compare to the quality or accessibility of the story, I think he meant it more as an example of something you throw away without thinking about.

I'm not blaming people, exactly, I'm just saying that they shouldn't base their excited flailing on something unfinished, and that, if they need to talk about it because it won't leave their heads until they do, they should limit that excited flailing to places that don't follow the leak policy.

And whether that's what Miras meant or not, analogies/similes/metaphors are always inexact. If he meant something different from what I understood and subsequently disagreed with, he can tell me himself. In the mean time, I'd rather if people responded to the content of my points instead of dancing around them and arguing semantics.

Edited by Makaru

I hope the sets are a bit more complex and unique from each other than they got near the end.

Seriously? Sets were far more unique from each other in the later years than in the beginning, where most sets of a wave where essentially clones of each other while there was much greater variety within a wave in 2007 and onward.

-Gata signoff.png

Edited by Gatanui
  • Upvote 5

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

I hope the sets are a bit more complex and unique from each other than they got near the end.

Seriously? Sets were far more unique from each other in the later years than in the beginning, where most sets of a wave where essentially clones of each other while there was much greater variety within a wave in 2007 and onward.

-Gata signoff.png

Truth be told, Bionicle Stars where small and simple sets

Came for the sets, stayed for the story.