Since BIONICLE ended, have you introduced the story to anyone?

Boidoh

Have you?

The other day, we were supposed to pick a theme to draw all year round for Visual Arts. My friend wanted to pick the same as me and I told him I was gonna pick BIONICLE. He wanted me to tell him about it and I told him that he wouldn't understand anything fully if I didn't explain everything. So I did. Currently I'm at the Metru Nui arc.

I feel so proud of my self, when I finished explaining the history of Spherus Magna, when I got home I checked to see if I missed anything and I didn't. I only mistakenly said the prototype robot was made during the war, curse you Mata Nui Saga.

Edited by Boidoh

Add me on 3DS: 0516-7750-0068

Add me on Wii U: Boidoh

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 4: Never Trust a Snake

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 44: Corridor of Elders

Like, Comment, And Subscribe for Nintendo Content - NinBoidoh

I don't know that I've introduced anybody to it, but I did rave about it a few times to some of my art school friends. Something like, "Do you guys remember Bionicle? Do you have any clue how complex that story was? They kept the nature of their universe secret for almost a DECADE before revealing it! Holy creck"

I don't think any of my friends would listen, so no.

"We didn't lose the battle. Today, we just lost the fight." -Lloyd Garmadon
ninjago-green-ninja.jpg
Avid collector of LEGO for many, many years. Feel free to private message me, or email me at greenninjaatcp@gmail.com, and I'll be happy to help. A ninja never quits!

Visit the Mixels Wiki! http://www.mixels.wikia.com

Definitely not. I loved the Bionicle story, but part of the reason I loved it was getting to experience it from the beginning. As the years went on I began to realize that I'd probably never be able to recommend it to anyone because it could never be the same for someone catching up on years of comics, books and movies as it was for people like me who experienced it firsthand, anxiously awaiting the release of a new piece of story.

Perhaps if the new Bionicle is a reboot I'll be able to interest other people in the story as it develops. But the old Bionicle was just too dense to recommend without caveats, and relating the story in a condensed form felt like a disservice to the story I loved.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Kiiiiinda? I was playing the MNOG on vacation a couple years ago, and my dad's friend's kids wouldn't stop asking me what it was so I explained it to them.

And I've been ranting about sci-fi writers having no sense of scale to a friend of mine today, specifically all of Bionicle's glorious wonkiness, so I guess that might count. Also trying to hash out travel times for a fanfic, and when she asked if the Mangai is terribly active I said "they'd be more concerned about the mind-controlled wildlife trying to eat them" and then had to explain why there's mind-controlled wildlife trying to eat people.

I write stories, on occasion. Finishing them... yeah, uh. That's another thing entirely.

Avatar made with the Rayg Kit 2.5, and featuring Lilak, Toa of Lightning.

She is totally, totally not a shameless self-insert. Y'know, except for the part where she is. :D

Not really (sadly). My liking of Bionicle seemed to never be shared by anyone and people who I tell I like Bionicle just accept it as part of my insanity. But there is one friend I have who likes Bionicle but was never serious about it. I explained some stuff to him like the extended family of elements and recommended him to visit BS01. But I don't think that he was really looking to expand his knowledge on Bionicle; he looked more interested in Bionicle 2015.

I've met folks who used to love Bionicle when they were little, and I filled them in on the rest of the story from wherever they left off, which was usually around 03-05. I just love narrating the part about the stars rearranging into the Mask of Shadows and the island of Mata Nui collapsing as a giant rises out of the sea :P

• Upvote 3

pomegranate-banner-sm.png .

I had some friends who have just gotten interested and have known me forever and have known how big of a lego fan I am, I'm retelling the whole story, currently on the events with the Kal.

"In this new- Wait, why am I being quoted?!"

-Kovika, Toa of Ice, Bread Enthusiast, and Ko-Metru Scholar.

[flash=250,100]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/sprxtrerme/BANNERS/thornax.swf

I had some friends who have just gotten interested and have known me forever and have known how big of a lego fan I am, I'm retelling the whole story, currently on the events with the Kal.

Did you do it chronologically or by story year?

Add me on 3DS: 0516-7750-0068

Add me on Wii U: Boidoh

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 4: Never Trust a Snake

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 44: Corridor of Elders

Like, Comment, And Subscribe for Nintendo Content - NinBoidoh

Er I don't think I could do that. Too much story to cover in a simple explanation. It's kind of hard to really capture everything BIONICLE is about, since it's not about any singular year. Even the endgame, with Mata Nui rejoining Spherus Magna doesn't capture what the MU parts were about, so there isn't like a definitive way to explain it without piling on information after information.

-NotS

tahubanner.jpg

I've told my two youngest sisters a bit about it. I had found my Bionicle: Heroes game a couple months back and started playing for the heck of it, and when my sisters saw it, they were hooked. Every time I turn it on now, they ask me about the canon story and all the characters while they watch the game. I don't know if we'll be able to count them as future fans, but they seemed interested when I told them about the 2015 series.

I believe I've told others about it, but, just as I did with my sisters, I always begin with, "in the time before time..." ha ha.

Hero Factory RPG 2.0 PCs:
| Erik Jet | Daren Wolfe | Henry Flint | Helen Corona | Ethan RezDr. Xaal |

Wasteland RPG PCs:
|
Mina |

My girlfriend and I live together, so she hears about it almost every day! I go on big spiels about the story and the characters with great enthusiasm. She always listens and I've never been called a nerd for it. She even got me a sealed 2001 Tahu for my birthday this week.

kalija.png

all this is temporary.

Follow me on Twitter! @sean52711

I'll follow back.

One time I broached the subject with a friend. When I stated I still followed the story (this was in '09 or so) he gave me this really weirded out look. Another friend kept insisting that Bionicles were just Transformers ripoffs. So, yeah, I haven't had much success in this area. :( I have met a few people who were already fans, though.

Edited by John Smith