Tohunga versions of Takua and Hahli

TERIDAX941

I've seen around online pictures of Takua and Hahli in 2001 matoran form, but I cannot recall ever seeing those two for sale anywhere. So my question is, were those two ever sold in that form, or are those just Jala and Maku with different masks on, and had their identity changed?

Thanks guys. :)

• Upvote 1

Animation_Mangaia.png.e38a5644c8a08bfd4c488514025b5017.png

Formerly Iron_Man5

I've seen around online pictures of Takua and Hahli in 2001 matoran form, but I cannot recall ever seeing those two for sale anywhere. So my question is, were those two ever sold in that form, or are those just Jala and Maku with different masks on, and had their identity changed?

Thanks guys. :)

They were never sold in that form. However, they are easy to build by combining the pieces of the Takua and Hahli figures from 2003 with the pieces from the Jala and Maku figures from 2001.
  • Upvote 3

there's images of a number of Matoran in 2001 style who never actually got released in that form - not just Takua and Hahli. only the six from the McDonalds promotion were ever actually released that way, though.

Well, those six plus Hafu, who was included in the BIONICLE Power Pack, and Nuparu, who came in the Boxor.

It's a shame that you can't build every character that appeared on the 2002 Matoran page on BIONICLE.com. Besides those that came as sets, Kapura, Hahli, Kopeke, and Taipu are all buildable as 2001 or 2003 Matoran, but Tamaru is not buildable in any official form since his torso and arms should be Bright Bluish Green and his legs Bright Yellowish Green, and Kotu is not buildable because there is no official Bright Blue Kanohi Rau.

• Upvote 2

there's images of a number of Matoran in 2001 style who never actually got released in that form - not just Takua and Hahli. only the six from the McDonalds promotion were ever actually released that way, though.

Well, those six plus Hafu, who was included in the BIONICLE Power Pack, and Nuparu, who came in the Boxor.

It's a shame that you can't build every character that appeared on the 2002 Matoran page on BIONICLE.com. Besides those that came as sets, Kapura, Hahli, Kopeke, and Taipu are all buildable as 2001 or 2003 Matoran, but Tamaru is not buildable in any official form since his torso and arms should be Bright Bluish Green and his legs Bright Yellowish Green, and Kotu is not buildable because there is no official Bright Blue Kanohi Rau.

ah yeah, true.

and you have no idea how much i wish i could build a McToran Tamaru. no idea. i may even resort to dyeing pieces at some point to accomplish it.

Edited by Arc
  • Upvote 1

Kopeke actually isn't buildable. The Komau doesn't come in sand blue as would be necessary. Even if you substituted sand blue for light blue, the necessary color wouldn't exist for Tohunga feet.

• Upvote 1

believe victims. its actually not that hard, and youd look kind of bad if you were to, say, side with an abuser because theyre your friend

Kopeke actually isn't buildable. The Komau doesn't come in sand blue as would be necessary. Even if you substituted sand blue for light blue, the necessary color wouldn't exist for Tohunga feet.

That's true! I forgot that his Kanohi and feet had changed between 2001 and 2003!
  • Upvote 1

I long for more tohunga part colors... aw well. What can one do? *plots to sneak into Lego ideas house and steal all Bionicle*

You can paint it, tho I have no Idea how to do this.

I always wanted a 2003 Kongu.

painting is also an option. it's a bit more fragile as far as retaining the colour goes, though. if you're interested in painted pieces, you should look up Modalt; they take requests. totally not a shameless plug.

anyway, maybe we should steer away from part recolouring and back on topic to the McToran.

Until Orkahm in 2004, the McToran Kongu was the only Le-Matoran set.

i think he means that he wishes there had been a Kongu set in 2003.

(and i have to say i agree. Kongu and Tamaru would have been much better choices than Matoro and Kopeke....)

(and i have to say i agree. Kongu and Tamaru would have been much better choices than Matoro and Kopeke....)

That's exactly what I mean. And 2003 Kopeke is boring, lol.

Anyways, 2001 Takua isn't too hard to make:

10502202_551465354963584_776921927411382

All you need is a Jala and a Nui-Jaga

Edited by HoloTheWise

I know he did, I was just remarking on how rare Le-Matoran were in general.

Neither Kongu/Tamaru or Matoro/Kopeke appeared in the movie (unlike the other Matoran sets released that year), so there's no very strong reason why one pair should've been released over the other. I don't know why they went for the Ko-Matoran.

I know he did, I was just remarking on how rare Le-Matoran were in general.

Neither Kongu/Tamaru or Matoro/Kopeke appeared in the movie (unlike the other Matoran sets released that year), so there's no very strong reason why one pair should've been released over the other. I don't know why they went for the Ko-Matoran.

Probably because they would had to make a lime and green vahki torso for Kongu and Tamaru, while for Matoro and Kopeke they only needed to make a white one.

I believe the movie was originally going to feature Ko-Koro in the movie more extensively, but it got cut for time. In the final movie, Kopaka, Takua, and Jaller stop outside it and see that it has been attacked by Rahkshi, then are immediately chased off.

I believe the movie was originally going to feature Ko-Koro in the movie more extensively, but it got cut for time.

Even if that's so, it doesn't mean Matoro or Kopeke would've appeared individually. Onu-Koro is featured in the finished movie and none of its named residents appear at that point.

Edited by Sir Kohran
  • Upvote 1

I have built the Kapura from 2001 using red Jala sandals and his torso with the red rooroo

http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/14467-kapura/

Not only is that a... creative spelling of Ruru, I've never heard Matoran feet referred to as sandals before. I'm in awe.

Actually, while I never put it onto paper, I always thought they were pretty sandal-like.

-NotS

tahubanner.jpg