Exciting LEGO Announcement Coming Friday

Hapori Tohu

Well, taking the six coloured tiles (red, green, blue, brown, black, white) as obviously representing the six Toa Mata, we can see that LEGO is hinting several things due to which colours are next to each other.

Firstly, Tahu seems to have distanced himself from the group, possibly due to his inferiority complex from being the only non-Nuva. Second, Gali will continue having to hold the team together because they are inept at teamwork even after 100 000 years. Thirdly, Pohatu and Onua have become best friends after realising they are basically the same element. Lastly, Kopaka is staying as far from that pyromaniac nutter Tahu as possible.

Oh, and the radar dish brick on the white background represents how LEGO wanted to include Kopaka's shield, but could only find a grey one off Benny's spaceship.

Aw, man, no, you've got it all wrong. If Gali was still the heart of the team, wouldn't she be in the center instead of Pohatu? No, Pohatu's the real team center now. I think Gali's over there because she and Lewa are trying to convince Tahu that nobody thinks any less of him! Of course, Lewa keeps making "The Toa Nuva -- and Tahu" cracks, so I can see why he's not buying it, but it's the thought that counts.

(oh mata nui now I need art. I can see it now; Tahu huffily glowering at not those jerks, while Lewa's invading Tahu's personal space with an arm flung over Tahu's shoulders, and Gali's facepalming but also trying to explain to Tahu that no, really, Lewa's just a giant incompetent dork who makes bad jokes, we really do still love you! And Pohatu is torn between trying to get those three to focus, keeping Kopaka from getting sick of all this nonsense and freezing Tahu until his head gets back on straight, and keeping the ol' future-versus-past Ko-Onu rivalry from flaring up between Onua and Kopaka when those two decide they might as well debate what they're going to do about the spiders.

... this might need to become a comic hELP I CAN'T DRAW WELL ENOUGH FOR THAT)

• Upvote 3

I write stories, on occasion. Finishing them... yeah, uh. That's another thing entirely.

Avatar made with the Rayg Kit 2.5, and featuring Lilak, Toa of Lightning.

She is totally, totally not a shameless self-insert. Y'know, except for the part where she is. :D

Anyway, my most serious BIONICLE-related theory for this is a BIONICLE movie, but I have my doubts.

Yeah I don't see them announcing a movie for a line they've not even started selling yet... though tbh I don't see a Bionicle movie happening in the first year of it's return either. They'd have to have the line become successful enough to even considering producing a movie.

UnsuspectingButts.thumb.png.2a71dabd3565a645b7127215b282d46b.png

I really don't get what all this speculation is about. It's obviously the return of Galidor, what else could it be?

-Gata signoff.png

It's not announcing the return of Galidor.

It's announcing the return of Throwbots! :P

Joking aside, I could see this announcement of the return of Bionicle. But I have no idea if it really is. I guess we just have to wait until Friday to find out.

You know, I still want my Throwbots/Roboriders/Bionicle/Hero Factory cross-over.

-NotS

• Upvote 1

tahubanner.jpg

Anyway, my most serious BIONICLE-related theory for this is a BIONICLE movie, but I have my doubts.

Yeah I don't see them announcing a movie for a line they've not even started selling yet... though tbh I don't see a Bionicle movie happening in the first year of it's return either. They'd have to have the line become successful enough to even considering producing a movie.

You're right, such a thought is a long-shot. Eh, we'll have to wait and see if there will be a new Bionicle movie in the future, but like you said, it'll be a while.

mindeth the cobwebs

A Brickset user discovered that the Google+ post by LEGO has the original file name as the image URL, which is "Bionicle-4-new.jpg". See here: http://brickset.com/article/12344

• Upvote 11

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

I think we know exactly what the announcement will be. Meiko pointed out on Eurobricks that Lego's Google+ page shared this same picture... with a hint in the filename.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-HxDScdVnC7M/VBb_cE8hkVI/AAAAAAAAfHg/GrrJrOoFmF0/s865-no/Bionicle-4-new.jpg20140915-4177-5fuc51.jpg

EDIT: Beaten by the man himself! I didn't expect him to post about it here. Sorry, bro.

Edited by Lyichir

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

I really don't get what all this speculation is about. It's obviously the return of Galidor, what else could it be?

-Gata signoff.png

#Galidor2015

#Confirmed

"Lego was the top selling toy company? Haha, not anymore. Here's Galidor!"

• Upvote 4

shadow_destroyer_banner.jpg
Thank you to the Dark Beings Banner and Avatar Shop for the banner! Brickshelf Gallery  BZPRPG Profiles 

-Gata signoff.png

#Galidor2015

#Confirmed

Aw man, I remember when Galidor was actually a thing.  I feel old now.  XD

It is not for us to decide the fate of angels.

Dominus Temporis, if you're out there, hit me up through one of my contacts.  I've been hoping to get back in touch for a long time now.  (Don't worry, I'm not gonna beg you to bring back MLWTB or something.  :P )

-Gata signoff.png

#Galidor2015

#Confirmed

What are you talking about? Thanks to Galidor, a bunch of BZPers including myself spent over $40 on them at BrickFair!

Best decision ever. Of all time.

• Upvote 1

tumblr_nqf48uh9bw1ql4nt1o2_500.jpg
tumblr_nqf48uh9bw1ql4nt1o1_500.jpg

Ooh so it IS Bionicle then. Was seriously expecting it to be unveiled at NYCC.

Same here, I had actually expected this to be something else. Wonder what the NYCC reveal will be then.

The best part of this is that the BIONICLE teaser website is quite likely coming out this Friday! :)

-Gata signoff.png

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

Wonder what the NYCC reveal will be then.

Probably the next LEGO Ideas set. Doctor Who, hopefully.

• Upvote 3

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

Surprised how many people are saying Thunderbirds and Fantastic 4. Are they expected to be coming as well?

No (which is a shame, because both could be epic). But the four looks a lot like the Fantastic Four logo, and a similar countdown was part of the intro to Thunderbirds (and the colors in the corner work for it, too). It's easy to see how people who don't know what to expect could get confused.

That would be awesome, but they've said they're announcing a new theme (and a single Ideas set wouldn't count as one). I know exactly what I'm hoping for... but seeing as I don't think it's been confirmed through any legitimate channels, I don't think I can discuss it on BZPower.

Or Lego could be trolling us all. If you mod that url, you still get that same image.

On this page (note that BIONICLE isn't anywhere in the URL) it says the filename is Bionicle-4-new.jpg20140915-4177-5fuc51.jpg.

-Gata signoff.png

Edited by Gatanui

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

That would be awesome, but they've said they're announcing a new theme (and a single Ideas set wouldn't count as one). I know exactly what I'm hoping for... but seeing as I don't think it's been confirmed through any legitimate channels, I don't think I can discuss it on BZPower.

Awwww, but that's the best kind of speculation...

- John

Ooh so it IS Bionicle then. Was seriously expecting it to be unveiled at NYCC.

Same here, I had actually expected this to be something else. Wonder what the NYCC reveal will be then.

-Gata signoff.png

Well the NYCC announcement did say a "brand new theme" would be unveiled... so I imagine the reveal is a brand new theme, which isn't really a term you could have used to describe BIONICLE 2015 in the first place. I don't mean to be snarky, either. It's probably something we haven't heard of yet, unless it's a new theme based off something preexisting like a license or ideas set. :shrugs: Actually, seeing as it's NYCC, I imagine a new license line isn't an unreasonable guess.

I'll enjoy the anticipation of waiting, though!

Edited by Vorahk1Panrahk2
BZPRPG

A Brickset user discovered that the Google+ post by LEGO has the original file name as the image URL, which is "Bionicle-4-new.jpg". See here: http://brickset.com/article/12344

This just made my day. :) I can't wait to see how much information will be revealed on Friday!

(I seriously pick the best week ever to be on vacation. :P)

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

Hmmm... wonder what this is (sarcasm).

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

I'm thinking that if the NYCC panel was always going to be Bionicle, then this reveal on Friday will be saying "Yes, yes, it is coming back, you're all very clever cybersleuths, have some teaser images and we'll go into detail at our NYCC panel."

I write stories, on occasion. Finishing them... yeah, uh. That's another thing entirely.

She is totally, totally not a shameless self-insert. Y'know, except for the part where she is. :D

I would bet my boots it's not going to be Bionicle, if only because people have been assuming any mysterious reveal is Bionicle, and they can't all be. To me, as far as reaching a larger audience, NYCC makes much more sense as a grand reveal. This could be anything, even a reveal of sets for this year that haven't been shown yet.

I think you'd better go boot shopping. :P

Yes! Perhaps a fourth virtue too: Unity, Duty, Destiny, Farshtey?

XD

Only now do I realize how freaking excited I am. And I wonder what the NYCC thing is going to be now! Too much awesomeness and excitement!

And I think Lego really needs to learn how to keep a secret.

=)

"Baby, in the final analyses, love is power. That's where the power's at."

Tumblr

Twitter

Wattpad

I'm thinking that if the NYCC panel was always going to be Bionicle, then this reveal on Friday will be saying "Yes, yes, it is coming back, you're all very clever cybersleuths, have some teaser images and we'll go into detail at our NYCC panel."

That's a waste of marketing time, effort and potential. No sane person who has any qualifications for marketing would decide it was a good idea to build up suspense for an announcement of an announcement that everyone would have to wait 4 days + 1 month for.

• Upvote 2

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

That's a waste of marketing time, effort and potential. No sane person who has any qualifications for marketing would decide it was a good idea to build up suspense for an announcement of an announcement that everyone would have to wait 4 days + 1 month for.

I have no experience with these things, so I'll bow to your likely greater knowledge. It does feel like it'd be fanning the flames of anticipation, though, making sure people don't get bored. Although, if it ends up falling flat at the end... it's a risk either way, probably.

I'm not saying that's what Lego's going to do, but "announcement of an announcement"-style marketing isn't unheard of.  It happens pretty frequently in the games industry, for instance.

Looking forward to Friday!

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42