Official Rare & Promotional Collectibles Topic

Letagi

I had a numberless Disk of Time but my mom got mad and destroyed (no joke, she got mad at me for watching Star Wars III, took them into the garage and ran them over, while she had me watch) it and all my other kanoka back in 2005.

wow! such act would surely make me join the dark side :D

I had a numberless Disk of Time but my mom got mad and destroyed (no joke, she got mad at me for watching Star Wars III, took them into the garage and ran them over, while she had me watch) it and all my other kanoka back in 2005.

she also sold my 2003 Takanuva. for 10 dollars

Add me on Steam!: Bionicdeadpool Productions TTV: Bionicdeadpool Twitter: Avenging_Odin

FatherlyDismalIberianmidwifetoad.gif

In relation to the Metru Blue Matatu, first of all, DeeVee also has one, which can be seen on his Nukaya MOC here. But also, I've heard that some people acquired a few other than in the Big Bag of Prototypes, and that they have actually been sold on BrickLink in the past, for around $70.

~B~

Finally got around to some updates. Thanks to everyone who commented!

A link to the thing about the prototype Hau would be nice if it's available; then I could put something other than "owned by someone somewhere on the Internet". :P

About the dark blue Matatu - they've been around since 2004 when they were made. Since they weren't first found in the Binkmeister collection I didn't include them under that category.

Also, although nobody's asked yet, I don't think I'm supposed to give names of who owns the trans-orange 2015 Haus, but I have seen one personally. I'll ask whether I'm allowed to say and update the post accordingly.

takanuva1988 - thanks for the info on the Sand Tarakava. I've heard of the Kraatu set but I don't know any more about it than you do, I'm afraid.

Dr. Jonathan Crane - how did you get you numberless DoT? Sorry to hear it got destroyed, that's incredibly unfortunate.

-Letagi

Finally got around to some updates. Thanks to everyone who commented!

A link to the thing about the prototype Hau would be nice if it's available; then I could put something other than "owned by someone somewhere on the Internet". :P

About the dark blue Matatu - they've been around since 2004 when they were made. Since they weren't first found in the Binkmeister collection I didn't include them under that category.

Also, although nobody's asked yet, I don't think I'm supposed to give names of who owns the trans-orange 2015 Haus, but I have seen one personally. I'll ask whether I'm allowed to say and update the post accordingly.

takanuva1988 - thanks for the info on the Sand Tarakava. I've heard of the Kraatu set but I don't know any more about it than you do, I'm afraid.

Dr. Jonathan Crane - how did you get you numberless DoT? Sorry to hear it got destroyed, that's incredibly unfortunate.

-Letagi

https://www.flickr.com/photos/ahava516/15303874927/   2 Prototype 2015 Hau's.

bzpower selfmoc smiley.gif

It looks as if you are interested in documenting who owns the rarer collectibles? I have three prototype Tohunga (Jala, Kongu, and Matoro). I would be happy to take some pictures (in fact, I have been meaning to for quite some time), but unfortunately I'm at college right now and the Tohunga are in storage at home. I could take pictures when I'm there in a few months, if you still don't have any then.

believe victims. its actually not that hard, and youd look kind of bad if you were to, say, side with an abuser because theyre your friend

• 2 weeks later...

I actually stole a trans-orange Kraata worm out of a pair of shoes i found in a store when i was younger, but then i felt super bad about it and threw it out. 

I am an idiot. 

Only an idiot for stealing it in the first place. :) It's fine to feel bad about stealing things, in fact you should feel bad about stealing things, and so I don't blame you for essentially destroying a rare collectible. 

VBWj75sh.png

I actually stole a trans-orange Kraata worm out of a pair of shoes i found in a store when i was younger, but then i felt super bad about it and threw it out. 

I am an idiot. 

Only an idiot for stealing it in the first place. :) It's fine to feel bad about stealing things, in fact you should feel bad about stealing things, and so I don't blame you for essentially destroying a rare collectible. 

Am I the only one detecting sarcasm here?

hTeXGIU.png

Also, if you're a resident of the UK and like Bionicle, go ahead and join

us at this awesome Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/BFUK7/

That's what you get for disobeying your mother. :P

The artist formerly known as

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

BBC#69 Entry: Roodaka - Master of Manipulation

BFTGM entries: Zigben · Ventox · Deflecto

Hail Denmark.

I was six, and my dad took me to it. She never said anything about not being able to see it

Add me on Steam!: Bionicdeadpool Productions TTV: Bionicdeadpool Twitter: Avenging_Odin

I was six, and my dad took me to it. She never said anything about not being able to see it

Just curious, how did you procure the numberless Disk of Time in the first place?

- :t::l::h:

That's really stupid.

hTeXGIU.png

Just curious, how did you procure the numberless Disk of Time in the first place?

- :t: :l: :h:

I got a Keerahk with the Vahi and a Disk of Time instead of the disk of ice. I noticed the Disk of time didn't have numbers, which I thought was strange

That's really stupid.

you should meet her in person

Sorry for disappearing again. Time for some updates.

Okay, back on topic, please.

Thanks. :)

It looks as if you are interested in documenting who owns the rarer collectibles? I have three prototype Tohunga (Jala, Kongu, and Matoro). I would be happy to take some pictures (in fact, I have been meaning to for quite some time), but unfortunately I'm at college right now and the Tohunga are in storage at home. I could take pictures when I'm there in a few months, if you still don't have any then.

Cool, I've added you to the list. XONAR actually has some good pictures, I just haven't gotten around to linking to them yet.

I really want one of those translucent orange Hua. I hope whoever has some decides to give some away.   :P

Some might be distributed via giveaways or contests here on BZP in the near future, so your chances might be pretty good. I'm keeping an eye out for one myself.

Okay, so, technically this isn't a collectible, but I think putting the TMN Ignika on here might be a good idea, seeing as it's highly sought after and therefore pretty rare.

Good call; just added it. According to Bricklink it's sold once for $5 and once for $39 so it can definitely reach relatively high prices.

I think you should change the price for the Pearl Gold Kraahkan. I'd say it's worth at least $30. 

To this day I still have never found one for sale anywhere. 

It sold on Bricklink in September for $2. You're right that it's pretty tough to find, and that around here it might sell for higher, but I can't say it's worth $30 unless you can show me that it's sold for that at least once. However, I've edited the description to include a more thorough explanation.

Thanks everyone!

-Letagi

Cool, I've added you to the list. XONAR actually has some good pictures, I just haven't gotten around to linking to them yet.

I really want one of those translucent orange Hua. I hope whoever has some decides to give some away.   :P

Some might be distributed via giveaways or contests here on BZP in the near future, so your chances might be pretty good. I'm keeping an eye out for one myself.

Okay, so, technically this isn't a collectible, but I think putting the TMN Ignika on here might be a good idea, seeing as it's highly sought after and therefore pretty rare.

Good call; just added it. According to Bricklink it's sold once for $5 and once for $39 so it can definitely reach relatively high prices.

I think you should change the price for the Pearl Gold Kraahkan. I'd say it's worth at least $30. 

It sold on Bricklink in September for $2. You're right that it's pretty tough to find, and that around here it might sell for higher, but I can't say it's worth $30 unless you can show me that it's sold for that at least once. However, I've edited the description to include a more thorough explanation.

Thanks everyone!

-Letagi

I just bought a pearl gold Kraahkan for $20 from Mask Collector

hTeXGIU.png

Ah, that's exactly what I needed. Thanks, topic updated.

Is anyone in contact with PurpleDave from MoD? Does he still have the sand tarakava?

I'm pretty sure he's also the guy that owns the complete Krana collection (GPKK, SSKK, everything); TLH is in touch with him, or was recently. If his unwillingness to sell the Krana collection is any indication I'd say it's pretty likely he still has the Sand Tarakava.

-Letagi

Ah, that's exactly what I needed. Thanks, topic updated.

Is anyone in contact with PurpleDave from MoD? Does he still have the sand tarakava?

I'm pretty sure he's also the guy that owns the complete Krana collection (GPKK, SSKK, everything); TLH is in touch with him, or was recently. If his unwillingness to sell the Krana collection is any indication I'd say it's pretty likely he still has the Sand Tarakava.

-Letagi

He won't sell his stuff unless it fully covers his mortgage apparently. Edited by UngluedBike

hTeXGIU.png

Well like you said, maybe he's into the last few months of it :P But anyway I'm not interested in buying, can you imagine the price tag on something that unique? Even if he WAS a motivated seller I doubt I could afford it. 

Check out my Bionicle store on Bricklink here!

> > > Bionic Bricks < < <

Let me know if you can help me find these last few collectibles!

Masks%20footer4_zpspqs4myrt.png

Also looking for WILD KRAATA and a VMKK Yo!!!

Thanks everyone!

-Letagi

I think that Bricklink seller was just unaware of its value. 

If you have one I'd love to buy it from you.

bzpower selfmoc smiley.gif

Well like you said, maybe he's into the last few months of it :P But anyway I'm not interested in buying, can you imagine the price tag on something that unique? Even if he WAS a motivated seller I doubt I could afford it. 

The scary thing is that he could literally put any price he wants on it, since it's never been sold for comparison. I think it would make sense to value it at about the same as the platinum Avohkii; in both cases only one exists, and they're both from the early years of Bionicle. Although the Avohkii is worth $4000 for the metal alone, so maybe $10,000 for the Sand Tarakava give or take a few grand?

I think that Bricklink seller was just unaware of its value. 

If you have one I'd love to buy it from you.

You're probably right. Sorry if I sounded dismissive earlier; I honestly had no idea it had ever sold for that much! Unfortunately I haven't got one; keeping an eye out for it myself actually.

Also, just tweaked a few prices, updated some Bricklink references, and moved the five-hole Kraahkan into the Rare category. Seemed to make more sense.

Question: does anyone know why the Protodermic Miru Nuva is so common? People are selling them by the thousand on Bricklink, but not the other five Protodermic Kanohi. It would be nice if I could give a proper reason for its cheaper price.

-Letagi

Edited by Letagi

The scary thing is that he could literally put any price he wants on it, since it's never been sold for comparison. I think it would make sense to value it at about the same as the platinum Avohkii; in both cases only one exists, and they're both from the early years of Bionicle. Although the Avohkii is worth $4000 for the metal alone, so maybe $10,000 for the Sand Tarakava give or take a few grand?

I think there were actually six Sand Tarakavas that were sold to Bionicle collectors.

Hail Denmark

I heard there were five... But even if there were dozens made we only know where one is so that inflates the price artificially anyway. You could technically argue that since we only know the whereabouts of one all others could be long since lost or destroyed...

Of course that doesn't matter because I don't want to buy one :P 

Check out my Bionicle store on Bricklink here!

> > > Bionic Bricks < < <

Let me know if you can help me find these last few collectibles!

Masks%20footer4_zpspqs4myrt.png

Also looking for WILD KRAATA and a VMKK Yo!!!

I think there were actually six Sand Tarakavas that were sold to Bionicle collectors.

There seem to be few different stories. Would you by any chance know where you heard this? It would be really cool if we could verify how many there actually are.

Also, I thought it would be a good idea to add links to reference sources for prices. Bricklink is especially useful in this regard because you can see sales of an item over the last six months. So those are now up for any that I could find, meaning most of the items in Common and Hard to Find.

-Letagi