Official Rare & Promotional Collectibles Topic

Letagi

I'd drop $100 on the blue matatu and I don't even want it that much. Just imagine what Mask Collector would bid for one when it's one of the last pieces he needs!

Check out my Bionicle store on Bricklink here!

> > > Bionic Bricks < < <

Let me know if you can help me find these last few collectibles!

Masks%20footer4_zpspqs4myrt.png

Also looking for WILD KRAATA and a VMKK Yo!!!

It's the last Kanohi I need to have the only complete Kanohi set in the world, I really could use that mask. Even though it is a prototype and doesn't technically have to count on the list, I still really want it.

Edited by Mask collector

Were you a member of the Protosquad? if so please PM me! I'm looking for Grey Plastic Krana Kal, Or GPKK. I only need the 8 Variations of the GPKK to have The only complete collection of BIONICLE in the world! Please contact me if you, or someone you know has any GPKK!

gpkkset.jpg

Mask Collector

MC

I own a Metru Red Huna, and I have most of the Kanoka. Just not some of the prototype Kanoka. The Metru blue Matatu is the only mask I need now. But my gallery is slowly coming together!

Were you a member of the Protosquad? if so please PM me! I'm looking for Grey Plastic Krana Kal, Or GPKK. I only need the 8 Variations of the GPKK to have The only complete collection of BIONICLE in the world! Please contact me if you, or someone you know has any GPKK!

gpkkset.jpg

Mask Collector

MC

Can we see pics of everything in a nice orderly fashion MC? I'd like something to ue as a checklist for my own collection and can't think of a more complete source than you :D

I'm working on it, but I'm in the middle of moving. So almost all of my sets are in storage. But as soon as I'm in my new place, I'll take a lot of pics!

Mc

• Upvote 1

gpkkset.jpg

Mask Collector

MC

As far as I have known there were only two.

gpkkset.jpg

Mask Collector

MC

Just a litle bit of Red Huna lore:  The red Huna and the blue Matatu were sold on ebay at the same time... two lots but at the same time.  One person must have sold both.  I bid on both but lost both.  I was then contacted for a second-chance purchase and bought the Metru Blue Matatu I had.

I sold it to a character in Hong Kong or Singapore.  He was a good guy but somehow was repeatedly banned.  He had at least a half dozen accounts or at least different names.  I don't remember any of them.

(edited to add what happened to my mask)

Edited by Flintsmith

Which mask did you have? Did you sell them to someone?

gpkkset.jpg

Mask Collector

MC

MC's on the hunt. :P

Here are some fun things I came across on the WayBack Machine:

"Pics of your Kanohi Collection" topic: https://web.archive.org/web/20060614163243/http://www.bzpower.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=119057

Some of the links in the posts still work. You can see the first generation of collectors' collections, including MrNobudy, who was something of a legend.

"Official Promo/rare Kanohi Topic" (precursor to and inspiration for this topic): https://web.archive.org/web/20091113195318/http://www.bzpower.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=74058

This was the topic that got me started on collectibles. I think this one's a bit more complete. :P Although, to be fair, there were a few details in there that I seem to have missed. Corrections made.

-Letagi

"It is the rarest and most valuable piece of LEGO ever made."

I don't know, I think there were a bunch of LEGO pieces there was only produced one of like specifically numbered tiles but, prove me if I'm wrong (BrickTsar has a video on it).

Pre-forums purge sig kept for historical purposes:

Some cool Bionicles are the combiners. Example: Toa Jovan

I've built a Krahka with 5 Toa Metru & Toa Norik, adding parts I needed to Norik. It needs 11 blue pieces (the ones that have +&O ends) but there's only 10 in all the Toa Metru sets. Do I have to attach her launcher to her arm? Please PM me if you can help me.

http://www.bzpower.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=309724

MC's on the hunt. :P

Here are some fun things I came across on the WayBack Machine:

"Pics of your Kanohi Collection" topic: https://web.archive.org/web/20060614163243/http://www.bzpower.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=119057

Some of the links in the posts still work. You can see the first generation of collectors' collections, including MrNobudy, who was something of a legend.

"Official Promo/rare Kanohi Topic" (precursor to and inspiration for this topic): https://web.archive.org/web/20091113195318/http://www.bzpower.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=74058

This was the topic that got me started on collectibles. I think this one's a bit more complete. :P Although, to be fair, there were a few details in there that I seem to have missed. Corrections made.

-Letagi

It's amazing seeing the old site.

hTeXGIU.png

Also, if you're a resident of the UK and like Bionicle, go ahead and join

us at this awesome Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/BFUK7/

"It is the rarest and most valuable piece of LEGO ever made."

I don't know, I think there were a bunch of LEGO pieces there was only produced one of like specifically numbered tiles but, prove me if I'm wrong (BrickTsar has a video on it).

Hm, good point. Technically it's impossible for there to be pieces that are more rare than the Avohkii (by definition, since there's only one in existence), but there can certainly be pieces that are equally rare. I stand by the statement of value, however, since there is inherent value in the material, whereas similarly rare items can't be as valuable since the material they're made of is essentially worthless (plastic). In other words, the Avohkii's value is derived from both its rarity and its material, but the value of similar items would be derived only from their rarity (talking only about individual pieces; some classic sets, like the 1970s yellow castle set, if sealed, could put you through university several times over).

Thanks for pointing that out! I'll reword that sentence.

-Letagi

A few masks, such as the New Gold Avohkii, reached the open market through other routes though, and those could be included here in the ultra-rare category.

I didn't know that. I always thought there was only one wich was owned by TLH, how many are there really? And how did people get ahold of them?

I have a new gold Avohkii from the Bink bag.

Things I also own: A prototype green Bohrok, a prototype Tohunga Matoro, and a silver Metru Huna.

Nukaya also owns a metru blue Matatu, by the way. Between the two of us and a trade, I think we have three of them in our apartment.

Edited by DeeVee

31399314352_5890b9b8a3_o.jpg

A few masks, such as the New Gold Avohkii, reached the open market through other routes though, and those could be included here in the ultra-rare category.

I didn't know that. I always thought there was only one wich was owned by TLH, how many are there really? And how did people get ahold of them?

I have a new gold Avohkii from the Bink bag.

Things I also own: A prototype green Bohrok, a prototype Tohunga Matoro, and a silver Metru Huna.

Nukaya also owns a metru blue Matatu, by the way. Between the two of us and a trade, I think we have three of them in our apartment.

Sounds like quite the impressive collection you have. You should take a picture of all your prototype pieces together haha. On another note, do you know about how many clear 2015 haus were given to bzp?

bzpsig.jpg

I've been meaning to add the silver Great Huna to the list. I've seen at least one other one that was sold on Bricklink. Did yours come from the Bink bag?

-Letagi

I've been meaning to add the silver Great Huna to the list. I've seen at least one other one that was sold on Bricklink. Did yours come from the Bink bag?

-Letagi

It did not, I got it in a trade at Brickfair. It originally came from one of those German Bricklink stores that sells what are probably pre-production parts. In that vein, I also own a green Tahu Nuva sword.

Sounds like quite the impressive collection you have. You should take a picture of all your prototype pieces together haha. On another note, do you know about how many clear 2015 haus were given to bzp?

BZPower has a few dozen. The bag wasn't given to BZP, it was given to me, personally, meant to share with Andrew and Jen, as we were under NDA with LEGO and it was supposed to be part of the parts sent to us back in August. We kept a few dozen out for BZP giveaways, and because we were with a group, we split the rest of the masks with the folks in our hotel room at NYCC.

Edited by DeeVee

31399314352_5890b9b8a3_o.jpg

Was the store called Magicbricks? I check there every now and then to see if they have anything interesting. Maybe it was the same one I remember from before.

Thanks! I'll add it to the list tomorrow.

-Letagi

Edit: Just added the silver Huna. I also put together some definitions in the opening to try and be consistent with my terminology. Let me know if you folks think there's any point to it.

That post is getting really long; BZP is having trouble with editing it. Half the time I get error messages. :P

Edited by Letagi

Was the store called Magicbricks? I check there every now and then to see if they have anything interesting. Maybe it was the same one I remember from before.

I actually got quite a few black Hordika necks and two Mata green Nuva chest armor pieces from that store not too long ago.

Hail Denmark

You mean I can still obtain prototypes from there?!

That store sells them from time to time. They currently have a black Nuva leg listed, in case you're interested.

I am so tempted, that will bring my prototype count to 3!

hTeXGIU.png

That store sells them from time to time. They currently have a black Nuva leg listed, in case you're interested.

Mwahahahaha.

Oh no TC, you definitely didn't just buy that to annoy me! Never!

EDIT: I managed to fail at using the quote system :D

Edited by UngluedBike

hTeXGIU.png

Mwahahahaha.

Oh no, I wouldn't do that........ or...would I? http://prntscr.com/5d36g7

bzpower selfmoc smiley.gif

Mwahahahaha.

Oh no, I wouldn't do that........ or...would I? http://prntscr.com/5d36g7

THE FACE

hTeXGIU.png

Anyone have the metru blue matatu? I'll offer $20 but I don't think I'll go over $35 maybe $40

http://img.pandawhale.com/post-25049-laughing-out-loud-lol-gif-Now-xlnU.gif

this made me weak XD

but try not to be mean to pjango, he just didnt know the worth

IF YOU WISH TO MAKE A DEAL FOR SOMETHING OR KNOW OF SOMEONE SELLING A GOLD HAU PLEASE PM ME

For £175 I wouldn't bother. I know they're rare and all but pretty superfluous... Although that said, things like prototypes will be all I need soon enough :D

-Letagi

Great Silver Matatu's also exist. As far as I know there are only two or three in existence, as opposed to ~12 Silver Great Hunas.

- John

-Letagi

Great Silver Matatu's also exist. As far as I know there are only two or three in existence, as opposed to ~12 Silver Great Hunas.

- John

A dozen? Where did they all come from, and where are they all now?

-Letagi

-Letagi

- John

A dozen? Where did they all come from, and where are they all now?

-Letagi

I've never even seen a photo of one anywhere. 

bzpower selfmoc smiley.gif