Official Rare & Promotional Collectibles Topic

Letagi

I just noticed my name on the list of owners of a prototype Mata mask.  :)

*mumbles jealously*

Why don't you just open a topic on buy/sell/trade to see if anyone has one? Maybe you'll find somebody who wants to trade. 

Because I can't afford to spend close to $1000 on a mask. That one you got on eBay was cheap.

Prototypes like Craig's aren't as rare as things like the White Huna, and the White Huna only just manages the $1000 price. Besides, what's the harm in asking? You don't ask, you don't get. Simple as.

A prototype Miru sold for $1000.

bzpower selfmoc smiley.gif

I just noticed my name on the list of owners of a prototype Mata mask.  :)

*mumbles jealously*

Why don't you just open a topic on buy/sell/trade to see if anyone has one? Maybe you'll find somebody who wants to trade. 

Because I can't afford to spend close to $1000 on a mask. That one you got on eBay was cheap.

Prototypes like Craig's aren't as rare as things like the White Huna, and the White Huna only just manages the $1000 price. Besides, what's the harm in asking? You don't ask, you don't get. Simple as.

A prototype Miru sold for $1000.

I would say that's overpriced. Seriously though, I considered raising £10K to buy a Solid Gold Hau!

Edited by UngluedBike

hTeXGIU.png

Also, if you're a resident of the UK and like Bionicle, go ahead and join

us at this awesome Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/BFUK7/

$1000 for just about any plastic mask is ludicrous, in my opinion. The solid gold Hau and platinum Avohkii are valuable for their metal in addition to the collectivity, so valuing those in the thousands of dollars makes sense. But the prototype 2001 masks should sell for a few hundred dollars at most, since there are several dozen of them out there.

Also - check it out, we're on the fifth page of this topic. Thanks a lot guys, I didn't think it would grow this much so quickly!

-Letagi

$1000 for just about any plastic mask is ludicrous, in my opinion. The solid gold Hau and platinum Avohkii are valuable for their metal in addition to the collectivity, so valuing those in the thousands of dollars makes sense. But the prototype 2001 masks should sell for a few hundred dollars at most, since there are several dozen of them out there.

Also - check it out, we're on the fifth page of this topic. Thanks a lot guys, I didn't think it would grow this much so quickly!

-Letagi

I agree. If it were a prototype that was never used, i.e. noble Kadin, then it could go for at least $500, but other than that, $75-150 is plenty to ask for.

-Letagi

I agree. If it were a prototype that was never used, i.e. Bionicle Heroes Ignika, Mask of Elemental Energy, or noble Kadin, then it could go for at least $500, but other than that, $75-150 is plenty to ask for.

Add me on Steam!: Bionicdeadpool Productions TTV: Bionicdeadpool Twitter: Avenging_Odin

FatherlyDismalIberianmidwifetoad.gif

-Letagi

I agree. If it were a prototype that was never used, i.e. noble Kadin, then it could go for at least $500, but other than that, $75-150 is plenty to ask for.

-Letagi

I agree. If it were a prototype that was never used, i.e. Bionicle Heroes Ignika, Mask of Elemental Energy, or noble Kadin, then it could go for at least $500, but other than that, $75-150 is plenty to ask for.

Do those prototypes exist?

Pre-forums purge sig kept for historical purposes:

Some cool Bionicles are the combiners. Example: Toa Jovan

I've built a Krahka with 5 Toa Metru & Toa Norik, adding parts I needed to Norik. It needs 11 blue pieces (the ones that have +&O ends) but there's only 10 in all the Toa Metru sets. Do I have to attach her launcher to her arm? Please PM me if you can help me.

http://www.bzpower.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=309724

-Letagi

-Letagi

Do those prototypes exist?

no, they don't, I was just using them as an example

Add me on Steam!: Bionicdeadpool Productions TTV: Bionicdeadpool Twitter: Avenging_Odin

FatherlyDismalIberianmidwifetoad.gif

You guys are missing the point. Super rare collectibles are worth whatever people are willing to pay for them. Are there really a couple dozen prototype Mata kanohi out there? Sounds like a pretty high figure. But even if there are, how many potential buyers do you think are also out there? It's all about supply and demand. If you have 1000 Trans Green Miru and only 500 people who want one then they sell for a few measly bucks. If you have a dozen prototype masks and hundreds of people who want them then the price is set by the market. And that price will inevitably continue to go up until all but one potential buyer is forced out of the race... That's why these things are valued so highly. They come around so rarely that you're essentially paying for the opportunity. If one came round every few months then you can just wait a little longer and save up. MC didn't have that option when he found the Platinum Avohkii for sale though, he had to sell huge parts of his collection to raise the money knowing that if he didn't get it then he probably NEVER would.

Hence; super rare collectibles are worth whatever people are willing to pay for them...

• Upvote 1

Check out my Bionicle store on Bricklink here!

> > > Bionic Bricks < < <

Let me know if you can help me find these last few collectibles!

Masks%20footer4_zpspqs4myrt.png

Also looking for WILD KRAATA and a VMKK Yo!!!

Who did you trade for the Huna? I'd say that's not a bad deal at all! I have a spare TNGM and need all 3 copper masks, anyone else up for a trade?! :D

Great list, very in depth and comprehensive for collectors. Unless I'm mistaken, there should be a correction:

"The market prices for all colours of Ruru and Matatu are generally considered to be roughly equal, with the exception of the black Ruru, which was later mass-produced and sold first with the Power Pack in 2001 and then the Matoran Hewkii set in 2003"

Shouldn't that be Matoran Hafu? Anyway it's a good list and I learned about some pieces that I didn't know even existed.

OqAhaVh.gif   qIprtVB.png     

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Bionicle G1 continuation and video-game project(MUSIC COMPOSER)  
special thx to Inary the Gunhaver for my new username. 

I've read that probably a dozen times at least and never noticed that. I'll edit it next time I'm at a computer; I'm on my phone at the moment and editing a post that big is dubious even on the fastest of computers. :P

Thanks for pointing that out! And I'm glad you like the guide. :)

-Letagi

Edited by Letagi

• 2 weeks later...

I was just looking through the Bionicle 2015 section, and I was thinking, maybe we should have the solid gold 2015 masks on there as well? They have begun going out, so I think it might be reasonable to put them in there.

I've been thinking about that. The gold Skull Spider mask for sure. I think I'll put the other seven in one entry so as not to be repetitive.

Thanks! I'll add that to the main post. Hm, maybe I should raise the value a bit since Munty apparently wants one so badly... :P

-Letagi

Looks like the transparent orange Mask of Fire is about to become a lot less special. Lame.

And lol I'm surprised you guys of all people didn't know of the "bley" Rhotuka. I remember being incredibly bummed by my Bomonga not having one back in '05.

~|ET|~

I knew that the orange Hau was coming. I totally called it.

hTeXGIU.png

Yeah, I'm pretty disappointed to be honest, since I might be getting one in a couple months from someone and by then it won't be as special. Ah well. But frankly, that photo that was on the TTV podcast wasn't conclusive at all. Am I the only one here that thinks it might not be a trans-orange Hau after all? It looks solid to me.

I'll wait until more information becomes available before editing the entry. We'll know for sure in February.

-Letagi

Edited by Letagi

[Nevermind]

Alrighty? :P

Question: what category should the trans-orange Kraata be in? They show up for sale less often than VMKK, but also sell for considerably less.

Also, I'm thinking a price estimate for the clear 2015 Hau would be appropriate now. Any suggestions?

-Letagi

Question: what category should the trans-orange Kraata be in? They show up for sale less often than VMKK, but also sell for considerably less.

Also, I'm thinking a price estimate for the clear 2015 Hau would be appropriate now. Any suggestions?

-Letagi

I would say around 30-40 dollars?

bzpsig.jpg

I just sold one for about $50 today but I think $30-40 is more reasonable while there are still quite a lot of them floating around...

I'm not sure if it'll affect the guide but I think we've seen a marked rise in the price of VMKK lately with the last two selling for pretty much bang on $200. Getting a bit crazy imo but I think there are clearly more people vying for less items so I think we need to keep an eye on that in the future!

-Letagi

I would say around 30-40 dollars?

Yeah, that sounds like a good price. For now at least.

It's going to increase in rarity as the years go by so it's likely to reach in the 100's.

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

So I managed to completely glitch out the order system on S@H: http://prntscr.com/5zntbo

Along with the two hero packs I managed to order separately, I have another 2 coming with

protector of ice and another 1 coming with protector of water and protector of fire.

So with 3 separate orders, I should be getting 5 hero packs! :D

hTeXGIU.png

So I managed to completely glitch out the order system on S@H: http://prntscr.com/5zntbo

Along with the two hero packs I managed to order separately, I have another 2 coming with

protector of ice and another 1 coming with protector of water and protector of fire.

So with 3 separate orders, I should be getting 5 hero packs! :D

Am I too late?  I don't see them.  It wants to give me a demolition set.

edit- nevermind.  They don;t show it to IP addresses in the US and the first proxy I tried failed.

It's a little disturbing that the artwork for the hero pack is that generic red brick and minifig artwork.

Edited by Flintsmith

It seems that you can put one hero pack in your cart like a normal product, (for the cost of 0,01) you can then add another standard product (For example a protector) And you will automatically get a second Hero Pack in the cart as a promotional offer.

I am not sure if it works and that you will actually recieve 2 packs by doing this but on my final order it says that I got to buy 2 of them :D

Edited by martin2988

oBDcYei.jpg

So this: http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/17090-sale-head-glatorianhero-factory-phosphorescent/?do=findComment&comment=853816 topic just arose, does that head count as a rare collectible? Ive never seen one before?

Yeah, definitely. I've got a few edits to make actually. I'll get to them in the near future.

Thanks!

-Letagi

Most of those are in the Binkmeister Prototypes category at the end of the first post. As for prototype pieces that are not Kanohi/Krana etc., I generally leave them off the list because they're not prototypes for collectibles, and because there are just so many of them. I'll probably add the glow-in-the-dark Glatorian head, and maybe others in the future.

Thanks!

-Letagi

Binkmeister Prototypes/Misprints

They were always given out with the understanding that they were not to be sold; thus price estimates do not exist. 

That being said, is there any way to be able to get said prototypes/misprints? I don't want to drop tons of money on a single piece (they can't be sold anyways, so that removes that option), but something about them keeps calling me.

move along.

nothing to see here.