Official Rare & Promotional Collectibles Topic

Letagi

I lost high bid on those masks, is that you Craig? I'm not a big fan of bidding against fellow BZPers :P

eDIT : Sorry thought I was in the ebay topic :P

Edited by Munty
  • Upvote 1

Check out my Bionicle store on Bricklink here!

> > > Bionic Bricks < < <

Let me know if you can help me find these last few collectibles!

Masks%20footer4_zpspqs4myrt.png

Also looking for WILD KRAATA and a VMKK Yo!!!

An childhood friend of mine friend had the visorak battle ram set, and the Keelerak carapace was in pearl light gold. Also, I own one of the PLG Vohtarak carapaces.

Would you be interested in trading it for some stuff or maybe selling it?

Maybe you could try contacting your friend to see if he/she still has the Keelerak piece too. 

bzpower selfmoc smiley.gif

Finally got around to some updates for the first time in a few months! Sorry I haven't been too active here recently. Such is the life of a university student.

Among the updates were the pearl light gold Visorak shells, and something for Munty to check out. :)

Also, a month ago I went to BricksCascade in Portland, and Breann/Roa McToa who happens to be a good friend of mine was there. She brought along her gold Skull Spider mask, which I got to inspect. It really is a thing of beauty. I also now have the clear and trans-orange 2015 Tahu masks, courtesy of DeeVee and Kakaru respectively. And maybe something else really exciting on the way in the possibly near future. Oh, and one of those beautiful Bionicle 2015 t-shirts that were only given out at NYCC 2014, also from DeeVee.

This is too cool!

Thanks a lot! Always nice to see new names around this topic. :)

-Letagi

Edited by Letagi

Replica Sand Tarakava - $130+

BZPower member Munty made ten highly accurate replicas of the Sand Tarakava set and sold them off over the last few months. The sets featured custom-made boxes and instructions in the style of the finalized Tarakava set. Bidding for these sets started at the noted price.

Yay! Thanks Letagi, I made the official list :D My work here is done, until the next one :P

An childhood friend of mine friend had the visorak battle ram set, and the Keelerak carapace was in pearl light gold. Also, I own one of the PLG Vohtarak carapaces.

Would you be interested in trading it for some stuff or maybe selling it?

Maybe you could try contacting your friend to see if he/she still has the Keelerak piece too. 

I've moved away since then, and I doubt my friend would be keen on digging through thousands of lego and bionicle parts to look for a piece in a specific  color. As for my own shell, I'm not interested in trading or selling at the moment, but I might be in the future.

Also, Munty, there's your picture, with a barf gold Avohkii for comparison.

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=6256892

Edited by PyroLizard Prime
  • Upvote 2

Chuck Norik is no match for Bruce Lhikan!

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

So, will MC also require these Pearl Gold Visorak shells or what?

Pre-forums purge sig kept for historical purposes:

Some cool Bionicles are the combiners. Example: Toa Jovan

I've built a Krahka with 5 Toa Metru & Toa Norik, adding parts I needed to Norik. It needs 11 blue pieces (the ones that have +&O ends) but there's only 10 in all the Toa Metru sets. Do I have to attach her launcher to her arm? Please PM me if you can help me.

http://www.bzpower.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=309724

It would be cool to have, I'll look into it for sure!

Were you a member of the Protosquad? if so please PM me! I'm looking for Grey Plastic Krana Kal, Or GPKK. I only need the 8 Variations of the GPKK to have The only complete collection of BIONICLE in the world! Please contact me if you, or someone you know has any GPKK!

gpkkset.jpg

Mask Collector

MC

Finally got around to some updates for the first time in a few months! Sorry I haven't been too active here recently. Such is the life of a university student.

Among the updates were the pearl light gold Visorak shells, and something for Munty to check out. :)

Also, a month ago I went to BricksCascade in Portland, and Breann/Roa McToa who happens to be a good friend of mine was there. She brought along her gold Skull Spider mask, which I got to inspect. It really is a thing of beauty. I also now have the clear and trans-orange 2015 Tahu masks, courtesy of DeeVee and Kakaru respectively. And maybe something else really exciting on the way in the possibly near future. Oh, and one of those beautiful Bionicle 2015 t-shirts that were only given out at NYCC 2014, also from DeeVee.

This is too cool!

Thanks a lot! Always nice to see new names around this topic. :)

-Letagi

Did you get any more photos of the solid gold Mask of Skull Spiders?

bzpower selfmoc smiley.gif

So, will MC also require these Pearl Gold Visorak shells or what?

Technically ANYONE who wants a shot at a complete collection will need to be on the lookout for these. So yes :P

Letagi, any chance of adding in the Hero Factory Recon Chest? I believe it qualifies for collectible/rare status, but being a Hero Factory piece I'm not so sure

I believe there is a few other things that could be added as well that were mentioned on previous pages

VV PM me if you have any of these masks! VV

6lyjLOL.png

Yeah, I can definitely add the HF recon chest piece if you guys think it belongs. Chronix, no I didn't get any photos, but Breann has some good ones that I can link to.

I'll make the changes when I'm at a real computer.

-Letagi

Changing the subject a little, I am starting to make better displays for my collectibles, and I was wondering if anybody knew what parts were used in this picture to get the Kraata to stay on the board.

kraata_complete.jpg

Edited by Craig B

Changing the subject a little, I am starting to make better displays for my collectibles, and I was wondering if anybody knew what parts were used in this picture to get the Kraata to stay on the board.

kraata_complete.jpg

That was my old display, I used small black tubes, you have to twist the end into the kraata mouth piece and then gently press it on the base plate. It looks great when it's done, but it's fragile and time consuming.

MC

• Upvote 1

Were you a member of the Protosquad? if so please PM me! I'm looking for Grey Plastic Krana Kal, Or GPKK. I only need the 8 Variations of the GPKK to have The only complete collection of BIONICLE in the world! Please contact me if you, or someone you know has any GPKK!

gpkkset.jpg

Mask Collector

MC

Okay, just added the HF Recon chest piece. First HF piece on the list!

I also linked to a better picture of the solid gold Skull Spider mask. I don't think it's Breann's photo after all; it was on her Facebook but includes the stand, which she never received sadly. Apparently they were made with materials that hadn't been tested for safety or something to that effect.

MC, I notice the misprint gold Kraata is in that picture. Did you sell/trade it to TLH, or is there more than one out there?

-Letagi

I have one of those 'golden' kraata as it happens. Quite tricky to photograph but could give it a go. I also have a light blue onewhich is similar in appearance so looks like it's a solid colour rather than blended. There is still SOME blending but it's pretty much negligible so I consider them both to be somewhat misprints. 

Craig, you can try 75535 which is the nicer old style of solid pin connector or 62462 which is the newer one with a slot. I used the latter for my krana display as it's cheaper and more readily available ;)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Cheers guys. I actually figured out that these pieces work out great too. 

3959.jpg?0

Turns out the little hole on the bottom of the Kraata can be streched just enough to hold the pin end, while the rest can just be attached to the board. It is also more sturdy. And the Kraata doesn't get damaged.

The current method I'm using has Cordak ammo hold them on a technic lift arm. 

TQDitrg.jpg?1

Edited by Craig B
  • Upvote 1

Genius Craig! Those tube connectors work fine on krana but are much more difficult to make work with the more rubbery kraata. May have to re-evaluate my own perceptions on mounting these puppies! Not that I need to worry about that until I find the other 150+ that I'm missing but hey :P Do you reckon 3957 might work? I know they're a lot longer than the torch piece but no handle on the side.

If you want the kraata on a stud board then the pin separator that came with Lewa (the grey one that was just a hole)

The mouth piece fits the same as studs and the other end can go on the stud board itself

BZPRPG:

Akamu, Toa of Ice :smilekohrak: :smilenuju: :smilekopakanu: :smilematoro: :akakunu: :kohrak: :matatu: :akaku: Talk to me about Destiny!

Ask me about stuttering and speech impediments!//Feel free to talk about Dungeons and Dragons with me!

Yeah, they work, but they stick out WAY too much for me. 

I only have 38 different Kraata. Only just taken the collecting aspect of them seriously.  :P

I know exactly what you mean! I only started looking into it when my kanohi and krana collections started filling up. I panicked about what I would collect once I had them all so started on kraata, rhotuka and kanoka. My checklist shows I currently have 75/259 so still a long way to go and I can't settle on a cool way to display them yet either which is a bummer, I hate ordinary things :P Otherwise, I think I'm currently lacking 1 misprint, 7 kanoka, 2 Rhotuka and 5 VMKK. Not too much but a handful are VHTF!

Hey, remember when i asked about flat dark grey vs pearl light grey avohkii? I ordered again one of each from bricklink, and this time difference between them is crystal clear B-) . It seems i received the wrong one before. 

What do you mean? do you have pics?

6lyjLOL.png

Look back on the last page (or maybe one before) Fikou was asking if there was a difference between the silver avohkiis used in the Takanuva/Makuta sets. There is (one is pearl light grey) but he received an incorrect one from Bricklink so they appeared the same colour. Now he's recieved a new one that is different from another order so he can confirm that they are different colours ;)

Hey, remember when i asked about flat dark grey vs pearl light grey avohkii? I ordered again one of each from bricklink, and this time difference between them is crystal clear B-) . It seems i received the wrong one before. 

What do you mean? do you have pics?

Here you go:

http://i.imgur.com/L3nk6m8.jpg

Ohh i thought you were referring to a misprint of some sorts. thanks for the clarification!

6lyjLOL.png

Going back to the problem of displaying Kraata, I just discovered that these work really well: http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=4623

They aren't totally concealed by the Kraata, but I still think they'd look good. They'd also be a pretty sturdy method of attachment, and they're really common.

-Letagi

Edited by Letagi

Going back to the problem of displaying Kraata, I just discovered that these work really well: http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=4623

They aren't totally concealed by the Kraata, but I still think they'd look good. They'd also be a pretty sturdy method of attachment, and they're really common.

-Letagi

Oooh... Another interesting suggestion... Makes me think of a whole new range of bricks that might be good for the job. How about this one? 2921

Or 4592? Possibly too flimsy for the job but I imagine they would probably work ok while at the same time avoiding the issue of damaging the attachment due to stretching. They allow for a very precise degree of positioning too so I may try this out myself later. 

Or as a last one, 3839 would allow mounting 2 kraata with one piece but they'd have to be quite close together and perpendicular to the plate (unless the plate itself was built into a vertical structure, something else I may try :D)