Official Rare & Promotional Collectibles Topic

Letagi

I have obtained all the Kanohi I need officially! I should hopefully be posting something soon with my display all together showing it!

Were you a member of the Protosquad? if so please PM me! I'm looking for Grey Plastic Krana Kal, Or GPKK. I only need the 8 Variations of the GPKK to have The only complete collection of BIONICLE in the world! Please contact me if you, or someone you know has any GPKK!

gpkkset.jpg

Mask Collector

MC

Which misprints do you need? I'm down to just a green Matatu now!!! Funnily enough, I think that was the last one MC was trying to get recently, though I assume he got one by now...

I thought the last thing he was looking for was the Metru Blue Matatu?

Anyway, speaking of the Matatu, approximately how often do those (the misprint ones) go up on BrickLink? I'd be interested in getting a few, potentially.

~B~

I think Munty meant last misprint. 

And I just placed an order for a blue Matatu, Munty. I now have all the misprints!

Change of topic, I have Lehvak Kal's silver head plate thing with Tahnok Kal's pattern on it. Are these common?

I've never heard of such a thing, I believe that may be a one of a kind item.

hTeXGIU.png

Also, if you're a resident of the UK and like Bionicle, go ahead and join

us at this awesome Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/BFUK7/

I have obtained all the Kanohi I need officially! I should hopefully be posting something soon with my display all together showing it!

Congratulations!  :D

Pre-forums purge sig kept for historical purposes:

Some cool Bionicles are the combiners. Example: Toa Jovan

I've built a Krahka with 5 Toa Metru & Toa Norik, adding parts I needed to Norik. It needs 11 blue pieces (the ones that have +&O ends) but there's only 10 in all the Toa Metru sets. Do I have to attach her launcher to her arm? Please PM me if you can help me.

http://www.bzpower.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=309724

And I just placed an order for a blue Matatu, Munty. I now have all the misprints!

Change of topic, I have Lehvak Kal's silver head plate thing with Tahnok Kal's pattern on it. Are these common?

I don't remember if he got it before or after the metru blue one (and he didn't say) but I'm pretty sure it was one of the very last pieces he had to get! I imagine he traded his origi al misprints away while saving for the PA ;)

As for the headplate, I'm having trouble imagining quite what you mean. Aren't the silver patterns all the same with the colour just on top? Is there a pic?

Check out my Bionicle store on Bricklink here!

> > > Bionic Bricks < < <

Let me know if you can help me find these last few collectibles!

Masks%20footer4_zpspqs4myrt.png

Also looking for WILD KRAATA and a VMKK Yo!!!

Which misprints do you need? I'm down to just a green Matatu now!!! Funnily enough, I think that was the last one MC was trying to get recently, though I assume he got one by now...

Anyway, speaking of the Matatu, approximately how often do those (the misprint ones) go up on BrickLink? I'd be interested in getting a few, potentially.

~B~

Actually, Bohrok Kal misprints have been found before, Eljay from TTV has one. 

bzpower selfmoc smiley.gif

~B~

Yup, wasn't that a red Pahrak Kal print though?

~B~

Yup, wasn't that a red Pahrak Kal print though?

Yes. If the link doesn't start on the right time, it's about 4:48.

https://youtu.be/gi_9lQ8evOY?t=4m48s

OqAhaVh.gif   qIprtVB.png     

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Bionicle G1 continuation and video-game project(MUSIC COMPOSER)  
special thx to Inary the Gunhaver for my new username. 

Oh man. I probably have dozens of bohrok kal here! Time to start lookin I think! Had never heard or seen of anything like this before, would be fun to bricklink a metric ton of their faceplates to see if any more odd pieces turn up :D Please share your displays with us when you get around to making them Craig, I always like seeing people's ideas! Mine are nearly finished but need a bunch of brown bricks to finish them off then I'll post those up too!

I've got racks for my misprints, rare stuff like gold and silver Kanohi, 02 Kanohi and Krana and Krana Va. 

Will probably take a while before I get round to the wall mounting, I'll need to plan that a bit more. Will try to get pics in a second. 

Would be nice to have an official topic for collectible displays. Not sure how many people actually have collectible displays though. Some people are more interested in the story or just the sets. Is it worth looking into? I know a bunch of people have pretty decent collections and it could be a nice place for those members still in the process of completing collectible sets to update their progress too. Would save us hijacking this topic as well :D

Yeah, good idea. I would like to see how other BZPers display their collectibles. Here is what I have going so far. 

http://imgur.com/a/LNXmr

I also think the misprint Bohrok plate should be added to the list. And it would also be interesting to see how many different variations there are. 

Edited by Craig B

I looked, only had the one I showed. 

It will soon ensure chaos. A huge revolution and increasing sales in Bohrok Kal. 

Before you know it, everyone has bought ones on Bricklink. 

The Bohrok Kal supply runs out, and of course LEGO refuses to make more.

World War 3 starts as everyone fights over Bohrok Kal. The war is eventually ended, and Bohrok Kal become the universal currency of the world, and they are still highly sought after. Bohrok Kal factories are created. Earth turns into a giant Bohrok Kal.

• Upvote 1

bzpower selfmoc smiley.gif

Hey, i have some questions about collectibles, hope someone can help me.

Is 2010 takanuva's avohkii(pearl light grey) the same that 2003 makuta's avohkii(flat dark grey)? I bought them from bricklink but can't tell the difference.

And which one is more rare, 6 hole chin flat dark gold krahkaan or the 4 chin hole one ? 5 chin flat dark gold krahkaan do exist ?

The 4 hole kraahkan came with Icarax, the 6 hole with Teridax. That makes the 4 hole the less common as Icarax is rarer as far as sets go. I see at least 5 times more teridax sets than I do Icara and the latter is currently missing from even my personal collection! I do have his mask though (Craig, will post up a display topic when I find time!!!) The 5 hole kraahkan is particularly rare as it's a misprint, presumably an early attempt at Icarax's 5 hole version but I don't really know of it's true origins or how many there are! That said I DO think it's unlikely a 5 hole gold Kraahkan (in either variety) exists. I've certainly never heard it mentioned before...

As far as pearl light grey and flat silver go it can be very hard to tell the difference. I find the easiest way is to look not at the colour of the plastic but the colour of the edges and corners in the plastic. Those in the pearl plastic tend to be almost indistinguishable whereas the flat silver seems to have more of a contrast in these areas. Look at a bunch of your different silver parts and hopefully you'll see what I mean, it's tough to explain! On a personal note, I'd never really thought about the Stars mask being a different colour but I gues sI'm not really a fan of those sets :s

• Upvote 1

The 4 hole kraahkan came with Icarax, the 6 hole with Teridax. That makes the 4 hole the less common as Icarax is rarer as far as sets go. I see at least 5 times more teridax sets than I do Icara and the latter is currently missing from even my personal collection! I do have his mask though (Craig, will post up a display topic when I find time!!!) The 5 hole kraahkan is particularly rare as it's a misprint, presumably an early attempt at Icarax's 5 hole version but I don't really know of it's true origins or how many there are! That said I DO think it's unlikely a 5 hole gold Kraahkan (in either variety) exists. I've certainly never heard it mentioned before...

I know about the black one, but i was refering to both 4H and 6H in flat gold; i have the 4H gold one, and saw that bricklink listed a gold one with 6H , but i couldn't find a picture.

As far as pearl light grey and flat silver go it can be very hard to tell the difference. I find the easiest way is to look not at the colour of the plastic but the colour of the edges and corners in the plastic. Those in the pearl plastic tend to be almost indistinguishable whereas the flat silver seems to have more of a contrast in these areas. Look at a bunch of your different silver parts and hopefully you'll see what I mean, it's tough to explain! On a personal note, I'd never really thought about the Stars mask being a different colour but I gues sI'm not really a fan of those sets :s

I believe i can see a difference in the inner edges.

Do you know any method of differentiating light grey from light bley?

Pre-forums purge sig kept for historical purposes:

Some cool Bionicles are the combiners. Example: Toa Jovan

I've built a Krahka with 5 Toa Metru & Toa Norik, adding parts I needed to Norik. It needs 11 blue pieces (the ones that have +&O ends) but there's only 10 in all the Toa Metru sets. Do I have to attach her launcher to her arm? Please PM me if you can help me.

http://www.bzpower.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=309724

I know about the black one, but i was refering to both 4H and 6H in flat gold; i have the 4H gold one, and saw that bricklink listed a gold one with 6H , but i couldn't find a picture.

Sellers often make listing errors on Bricklink and I've done it myself on more than one occassion! If it hasn't got a pic then it's probably just a 4 hole kraahkan that's been incorrectly listed! Of course if it DOES exist then that would be very cool, I think it's probably unlikely though ;)

Do you know any method of differentiating light grey from light bley?

light grey is more yellow when compared to the later one which is fairly obviously more blue! Dark grey is almost browny when compared to d.b.grey. It's a lot easier to see when you have one of each at hand of course so I tend to have one of each of these conflicting colours on my desk most of the time. That's probably a little OTT for most collectors though :P Something else to note is that it's much easier to spot these differences in natural light. Often when I'm working in the evenings I find it very hard to tell which is which (especially with pins) even under direct lamp light...

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

I checked Bricklink about this. And it said there was only two types of chain the 21 link and the 5 link

I have two chains and one is longer than the other is this normal?

https://www.flickr.com/photos/114873918@N08/16767798359/

Want to join a Bionicle RP with seasoned RPers, vast amounts of topics to post in, and a Wikia to make it easy to get involved?

Come on over to Gen1RP.  :smilenuju:

I checked Bricklink about this. And it said there was only two types of chain the 21 link and the 5 link

I have two chains and one is longer than the other is this normal?

https://www.flickr.com/photos/114873918@N08/16767798359/

Sorry Keith those chains are both the exact same 21 link piece! The one on the bottom has simply got twisted so it appears shorter. Hold one end of both chains up high and allow both to stretch to their natural length (may need a shake for encouragement!) You'll see that both are the exact same pieces!

Bask in it's pearly glory. 

You've made me paranoid and check every play set with a gold shell in it now that I come across. :P

I reckon these were either prototypes that got into a few sets or were simply injected with the wrong colour. Maybe these were used in advertising, because when you look on the box of the Battle For Metru Nui play set, you can see that the Visorak shell looks close too this one, instead of being dark gold. 

I think it's more likely that they were in early releases of the set, just like the PLGK and the bley Rhotuka, but were switched to dark gold after a very short time.

Regardless, I'll add them to the list. Did they come in variations other than Vohtarak?

-Letagi

I think it's more likely that they were in early releases of the set, just like the PLGK and the bley Rhotuka, but were switched to dark gold after a very short time.

Regardless, I'll add them to the list. Did they come in variations other than Vohtarak?

-Letagi

I believe that there was a topic a while back which had another variant shell, but I forget which Visorak it was (and if it actually was indeed a variant)

BZPRPG:

Akamu, Toa of Ice :smilekohrak: :smilenuju: :smilekopakanu: :smilematoro: :akakunu: :kohrak: :matatu: :akaku: Talk to me about Destiny!

Ask me about stuttering and speech impediments!//Feel free to talk about Dungeons and Dragons with me!

-Letagi

I believe that there was a topic a while back which had another variant shell, but I forget which Visorak it was (and if it actually was indeed a variant)

Keelerak was the other one. Vohtarak's came with Battle of Metru Nui, and Keelerak's came with Visorak Battle Ram.

hTeXGIU.png

Keelerak and Vohtarak shells both came in the normal dark gold colors, but in the two pearl gold variants that I've seen, they have both were vohtarak shells.

I get the feeling that Keelerak ones exist by the same manner that the PLGK and Vohtarak carapace exist.

hTeXGIU.png

Excellent! This is astounding news! Guess what I'm going to be looking for now :P I imagine Charlie is right, if it happened in two of the sets, the chances of it not happening in the third are VERY slim! I checked the ones I have for sale and sadly all of them are dark gold, I didn't check the ones from my own collection though so never know! Anyway I have a PLGK so I'm 1/3 right now. Good luck collectors :D

An childhood friend of mine friend had the visorak battle ram set, and the Keelerak carapace was in pearl light gold. Also, I own one of the PLG Vohtarak carapaces.

Edited by PyroLizard Prime

Chuck Norik is no match for Bruce Lhikan!

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!