The Future Looks Bright From Turaga Beach

Hapori Tohu

tn_09_22_14_view_from_turaga_beach.png

Shadows of the Past Catch Rays of the Future on Turaga Beach. Such is the text on the latest Faber File (in classic Matoran lettering as if it wasn't good enough already) depicting a small Turaga-like figure standing on a beach with a staff whose top shows the symbol of the Three Virtues. Is this a preview for 2015? The bottom left corner of the image dates it on this year, so that seems likely. Does this hint at a continuation of the story? The excitement is barely containable!

View the full article

I honestly hope it's a reboot. The reason the first few years were so grand was because they came from nothing, and shaped the world as the story progressed. A fresh start to tell a new tale full of mystery and wonder is what I wish to see in the new story.

• Upvote 1
Signature Guidelines: Image size may not exceed 250x100 combined or 468x60 combined.

Well, I guess we got excited too quickly. As Christian Faber says in his blog: "I just want to point out that I NEVER post any official or current or coming story or material on this site. This is to be considered as a piece of fan fiction. NOT OFFICIAL, NOT CANON, just a comment to the great news of Bionicle returning seen from a 2001 point of view. Turaga beach is a metaphor for the place where all the old fans see the news. They have great knowledge but can't predict the future". On the plus side, it seems Faber actually reads the BZPower news! It's still really cool to look at and sets the mood right for the return of BIONICLE. -- Adrian

View the full article

Well, I guess we got excited too quickly. As Christian Faber says in his blog: "I just want to point out that I NEVER post any official or current or coming story or material on this site. This is to be considered as a piece of fan fiction. NOT OFFICIAL, NOT CANON, just a comment to the great news of Bionicle returning seen from a 2001 point of view. Turaga beach is a metaphor for the place where all the old fans see the news. They have great knowledge but can't predict the future". On the plus side, it seems Faber actually reads the BZPower news! It's still really cool to look at and sets the mood right for the return of BIONICLE.

-Gata signoff.png

• Upvote 1

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

Well, guess this isn't anything significant to the story. Faber commented on the picture and said this:

"Dear all blog readers. I just want to point out that I NEVER post any official or current or coming story or material on this site. This is to be considered as a piece of fan fiction. NOT OFFICIAL, NOT CANON, just a comment to the great news of Bionicle returning seen from a 2001 point of view. Turaga beach is a metaphor for the place where all the old fans see the news. They have great knowledge but can't predict the future. It is a great and thrilling view!"

Still, it's a really nice picture. :)

The artist formerly known as

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

BBC#69 Entry: Roodaka - Master of Manipulation

BFTGM entries: Zigben · Ventox · Deflecto

Hail Denmark.

Quote from Faber himself:

Dear all blog readers. I just want to point out that I NEVER post any official or current or coming story or material on this site. This is to be considered as a piece of fan fiction. NOT OFFICIAL, NOT CANON, just a comment to the great news of Bionicle returning seen from a 2001 point of view. Turaga beach is a metaphor for the place where all the old fans see the news. They have great knowledge but can't predict the future. It is a great and thrilling view!

So... yeah, it doesn't have to mean anything with continuation and the such...

EDIT: Darn you SuperGeniusCreator!

Edited by Tattorack
  • Upvote 1

-I was infected for the most part on April the 1st 7.gifBEWARE

Quote from Faber himself:

Dear all blog readers. I just want to point out that I NEVER post any official or current or coming story or material on this site. This is to be considered as a piece of fan fiction. NOT OFFICIAL, NOT CANON, just a comment to the great news of Bionicle returning seen from a 2001 point of view. Turaga beach is a metaphor for the place where all the old fans see the news. They have great knowledge but can't predict the future. It is a great and thrilling view!

So... yeah, it doesn't have to mean anything with continuation and the such...

EDIT: Darn you SuperGeniusCreator!

That doesn't matter to me! It still hypes me as much as it would if it were canon.

• Upvote 1

I HATE SCORPIOS

~Pohatu Master of Stone, 2015

You know, I do feel like a Turaga. I am experienced with old ways in that they were a long time ago but they do not feel so distant. However I am a different person now; I'm not as youthful or energetic as before although the passion remains. Besides, I can use my knowledge as a vague tool of misdirection towards the new generation of Toa and/or Matoran. Hehe, time for me to stare into a fire all day and tell people I see things.

• Upvote 1

"Child of Dunwich rise
You have your father's eyes
C h i l d   o f   D u n w i c h   r i s e
End the world that you despise"

Fan art from one of the franchise's original creators is every bit as cool as an actual teaser, in my opinion! It's a bit of a shame Faber's role in the new BIONICLE won't be as extensive as his original role (judging from the comments), but this still makes me excited for the new BIONICLE!

• Upvote 3

Wait, so is Faber comparing Turaga Beach to BZPower? I like it! I now see BZPower as a village near a beach, with a forum in the center of town. Shops selling comic kits, spare parts and more line the areas around the forum. At the beach, ships arrive daily bringing news. Some of it is bad, but most of it is good. The villagers spend most of their time in the forums, and occasionally venture back to their homes to tidy up a bit or leave a notice about themselves. Every now and then, a contest or celebration arises. The leaders are respected, and the village runs smoothly.

• Upvote 4

I HATE SCORPIOS

~Pohatu Master of Stone, 2015

Well, I guess we got excited too quickly. As Christian Faber says in his blog: "I just want to point out that I NEVER post any official or current or coming story or material on this site. This is to be considered as a piece of fan fiction. NOT OFFICIAL, NOT CANON, just a comment to the great news of Bionicle returning seen from a 2001 point of view. Turaga beach is a metaphor for the place where all the old fans see the news. They have great knowledge but can't predict the future". On the plus side, it seems Faber actually reads the BZPower news! It's still really cool to look at and sets the mood right for the return of BIONICLE. -- Adrian

View the full article

Well, that's pretty cool any way.

...things like this make me really want to jump back into the BIONICLE fandom really fast.

• Upvote 1

"Draco Dormiens Nunquam Titillandus."

I think Gata may have led that "hype" train off a cliff on this one. :P

Really nice piece of art. I don't know how that staff would work, but it looks cool. (And I do think the background might have been editing, since I can see a distinct shadow of a large robot in the sky that they were trying to hide.) Still, a great tribute, and I can't wait to see more official stuff... I just don't expect to see it until, y'know, next year when the theme's actually released.

:music:

Fan art from one of the franchise's original creators is every bit as cool as an actual teaser, in my opinion! It's a bit of a shame Faber's role in the new BIONICLE won't be as extensive as his original role (judging from the comments), but this still makes me excited for the new BIONICLE!

If everything Greg does with BIONICLE is official, and that is his excuse for not writing the serials as fan fiction, then why isn't everything done with BIONICLE by Christian Faber canon?

Add me on 3DS: 0516-7750-0068

Add me on Wii U: Boidoh

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 4: Never Trust a Snake

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 44: Corridor of Elders

Like, Comment, And Subscribe for Nintendo Content - NinBoidoh

What a beautiful image, that is. I really can't wait for what the future will hold...

"We didn't lose the battle. Today, we just lost the fight." -Lloyd Garmadon
ninjago-green-ninja.jpg
Avid collector of LEGO for many, many years. Feel free to private message me, or email me at greenninjaatcp@gmail.com, and I'll be happy to help. A ninja never quits!

Visit the Mixels Wiki! http://www.mixels.wikia.com

Bionicle was a life changing part of my world for more than 10 years and I'm extremely proud of having been a part of the creation of a modern legend. For 10 years I was living almost inside the legend and I feel that I did the right thing at the right time which is the ultimate you can wish for as a creative. I won't bore you with the details but lets just say that, when it comes to Bionicle now, I have become Turaga. It is crucial that Bionicle gets new energy and that is what has happened. I will watch from the beach as new creative heroes set off into the sunset and enjoy the rays of the new legend. I have new and different stories to tell and I hate repeating myself;)

This almost makes it sound like he's barely involved at all. On the one hand, he was pretty central to the original Bionicle actually being Bionicle instead of Doo Heads, but on the other, it seems he and I agree on new people invigorating the franchise.

• Upvote 2

Bionicle was a life changing part of my world for more than 10 years and I'm extremely proud of having been a part of the creation of a modern legend. For 10 years I was living almost inside the legend and I feel that I did the right thing at the right time which is the ultimate you can wish for as a creative. I won't bore you with the details but lets just say that, when it comes to Bionicle now, I have become Turaga. It is crucial that Bionicle gets new energy and that is what has happened. I will watch from the beach as new creative heroes set off into the sunset and enjoy the rays of the new legend. I have new and different stories to tell and I hate repeating myself;)

This almost makes it sound like he's barely involved at all. On the one hand, he was pretty central to the original Bionicle actually being Bionicle instead of Doo Heads, but on the other, it seems he and I agree on new people invigorating the franchise.

That quote makes me all the more comfortable with his role now and with that, I'm more anxious to see where the new team is going to head with the franchise now.

TAK

[MNOLG The Movie Website]

rsz_1onua1024.png
Need to start a poll? Or start a topic in Games & Trivia? PM me!

Best image to describe all the people from 2001-2010 Bionicle looking on to the future. Although that Turaga looks a little harsh and mean, but I suppose that's not too far off the mark...

trust me, in reality we're really nice people. We don't bite. We just have long memories and love that plastic toy just as much as you do. 

• Upvote 4

Even though it isn't canon (in the typical sense, anyway), I love the artwork and nostalgia and everything.

Best image to describe all the people from 2001-2010 Bionicle looking on to the future. Although that Turaga looks a little harsh and mean, but I suppose that's not too far off the mark...

trust me, in reality we're really nice people. We don't bite. We just have long memories and love that plastic toy just as much as you do. 

And yes.

rsz_screenshot_from_un_chien_andalou.jpg
My Writing Blog (more writing coming soon!)

My Bionicle/LEGO Blog (defunct)

Hyfudiar on Spotify (noise/drone/experimental music)

I think Gata may have led that "hype" train off a cliff on this one. :P

:music:

Where is that failure sound when you need it? I blame the mail from flynn58 for making me believe it was a 2015 teaser! :P

-Gata signoff.png

Edited by Gatanui

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

Beautiful art from Christian Faber, as is to be expected! Although all signs point to the contrary, I really hope he is involved with the Bionicle relaunch in (at least) some small, official way. 

He better be in SOME WAY. I mean he was involved in Hero Factory so...

Eh, with Greg and Faber not being involved, I hope the new team can do good... 

-NotS

Edited by Nidhiki of the Shadows

tahubanner.jpg

Notice he says I hate repeating myself, is he hinting at a hard reboot?

Bionicle for 2015.

Apart from all that speculation; the art is simply amazing. The Turaga with the iconic Bionicle symbol at the top of his staff, looking onto the sea... a really beautiful scene.

I also liked how he described the picture. Calling us fans the Turaga who have great knowledge but yet cannot see into the future.

It's really sad he isn't going to continue doing the artwork for the future Bionicle storyline.

• Upvote 1

wnimDt6.jpg

EXztX3v.jpg