Although there's no confirmation that the new Mask of Creation is necessarily any relation to the Artakha's established mask, it's good enough for me to use Breeze's helmet as a MOC facsimile.
And now that the scarcity of Sand Green pieces is no match for my having finally figured how to make parts on Lego Digital Designer be whatever colour I want, I present, Artakha:

artakha_menacing_space_adjusted.jpg

In space with his hammer:

artakha_space_square.png

Without his hammer:

artakha_wo_hammer_square.jpg

Close up of the foot for detail:

artakha_foot.png

The Hand of Artakha: (get it?)

artakha_hand.png

A gear on his back, like he likes all his Toa to have:

artakha_gear.png

BRICKSHELF GALLERY (when public)

Edited by Takhamavahu
  • Upvote 2

Nice representation of Artakha. My main complaint however are the jarring red pins and less jarring silver piston. As you know, Ldd extended mode allows for any colors, and that should include pins, and really, any parts. Also, the torso doesn't really seem to flow with the rest of the Moc.

kutgw

The Chirox Codex

Chuck's Very Dead Comic Series

:smilehafu: This is my signature. Exciting, huh?  :ruru:

Oh man, I really like those feet. Might need a little refining in the design but I'd love to use something similar on a titan set-style MOC.
I would recommend making the mask (and, to go along with it, some of the armor) gold.

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

In the case of the red and blue pins and the pistons on his legs, I was trying to make him look like a real set. That said, I didn't exactly stick to my guns the whole way through, mixing old balljoint/toa hand things with Hero Factory parts for a character who appeared in person in 2008/09. If I was to do a version 2 I would go to one extreme or the other, either making it more rigidly a plausible set from 2008 with the new (awful, fragile) ball joints and no pieces from after 2008 (other than unique, important things like the mask) or else the oppisote extreme where I just do whatever I want regardless.

A few years ago, I drew Karzahni based on Brutaka's build, and ever since then, Artakha in my mind has looked very Axonnlike.

For the feet, I might in retrospect prefer a smaller foot part in place of the Mata foot on his heel. Having short toes and a long heel makes him look like he has backwards feet, but I don't want to flip thm around and give him long toes. If I replace the mata foot with something smaller like a bohrok's foot or a Throwbot foot, then his entire foot structure will look more like a tree trunk or elephant's foot, which I would like.

As for the gold, I can certainly do that to show you what it would look like. I bet it would look nice, but until anything is confirmed about the new mask of creation and what it means for Artakha, I've stuck to my own vision of him from 2009, which is all sand green and smooth.

Thanks, everybody!

In the case of the red and blue pins and the pistons on his legs, I was trying to make him look like a real set. That said, I didn't exactly stick to my guns the whole way through, mixing old balljoint/toa hand things with Hero Factory parts for a character who appeared in person in 2008/09. If I was to do a version 2 I would go to one extreme or the other, either making it more rigidly a plausible set from 2008 with the new (awful, fragile) ball joints and no pieces from after 2008 (other than unique, important things like the mask) or else the oppisote extreme where I just do whatever I want regardless.

A few years ago, I drew Karzahni based on Brutaka's build, and ever since then, Artakha in my mind has looked very Axonnlike.

For the feet, I might in retrospect prefer a smaller foot part in place of the Mata foot on his heel. Having short toes and a long heel makes him look like he has backwards feet, but I don't want to flip thm around and give him long toes. If I replace the mata foot with something smaller like a bohrok's foot or a Throwbot foot, then his entire foot structure will look more like a tree trunk or elephant's foot, which I would like.

As for the gold, I can certainly do that to show you what it would look like. I bet it would look nice, but until anything is confirmed about the new mask of creation and what it means for Artakha, I've stuck to my own vision of him from 2009, which is all sand green and smooth.

Thanks, everybody!

There are black pins.

bzpower selfmoc smiley.gif

For the feet, I might in retrospect prefer a smaller foot part in place of the Mata foot on his heel. Having short toes and a long heel makes him look like he has backwards feet, but I don't woant to flip thm around and give him long toes. If I replace the mata foot with something smaller like a bohrok's foot or a Throwbot foot, then his entire foot structure will look more like a tree trunk or elephant's foot, which I would like.

Thanks, everybody!

I think if you used bohrok feet instead of Mata, it'll make the feet just the right size.

Other than that, I really like this! You were going for a set look, and I can see this being a set, although the chest, although nice and plump, feels a little bland and could use more detail/bulk in the chest area. That's just my opinion.

Also, the Mata legs for the warhammer seem kind of off to me idk:/

Other than that, as I already said, fantastic model. :)

EDIT: I'm curious how the chest looks like under the armor piece, also do the gears work?

Edited by Archon~

Archon                      

"For one to truly feel alive, the person must kill oneself a little bit each and every day."

Check out my MOC, one of the new generation of Toa on Spherus Magna!

***Toa Kyraan***

For the feet, I might in retrospect prefer a smaller foot part in place of the Mata foot on his heel. Having short toes and a long heel makes him look like he has backwards feet, but I don't woant to flip thm around and give him long toes. If I replace the mata foot with something smaller like a bohrok's foot or a Throwbot foot, then his entire foot structure will look more like a tree trunk or elephant's foot, which I would like.

Thanks, everybody!

I think if you used bohrok feet instead of Mata, it'll make the feet just the right size.

Other than that, I really like this! You were going for a set look, and I can see this being a set, although the chest, although nice and plump, feels a little bland and could use more detail/bulk in the chest area. That's just my opinion.

Also, the Mata legs for the warhammer seem kind of off to me idk:/

Other than that, as I already said, fantastic model. :)

EDIT: I'm curious how the chest looks like under the armor piece, also do the gears work?

Wait bohrok feet are the same feet the mata use? i dont see how that woudl work. This is a really cool moc i like the color I also enjoy the gear in the chest giving it a classic feel to the whole thing

one day this will contain greatness only the best. But take this with the ocean of salt then you will know what to expect from this

Archon                      

"For one to truly feel alive, the person must kill oneself a little bit each and every day."

Check out my MOC, one of the new generation of Toa on Spherus Magna!

***Toa Kyraan***

In this version, the gears don't do anything, but I am working on a version 2 with a more elaborate torso.
Currently, the torso is Ben 10 armour and body, which, if you haven't seen it, is kindof  like a larger version of the Hero Factory 2010 body.

As for the red pins, I know tey come in black, and if I were to do a version completely by my own rules, I'd use them, but I want it to look like a set that could really have come out in 2008 or 2009 when the character was first seen in person, and they switched black pins for red in 2007.

There are no Bohrok feet on Lego Digital Designer, so in the Version 2 I'm working on has replaced the mata feet on his heels with Throwbot feet, which seems to look pretty good so far.

ah stupit me when ever i think of borohk i think of AV-torn.

one day this will contain greatness only the best. But take this with the ocean of salt then you will know what to expect from this