Toa Mata/Nuva as Turaga

I always wondered if the Toa Mata/Nuva would turn into Turaga; I also wondered whether or not they could turn into Turaga.  I don't know if I would consider the Nuva as normal Toa (as in, they've always been Toa, unlike most Toa who were once Matoran such as the Metru or Inika).  So could they become Turaga?

While we're on the subject, could the Inika/Mahri become Turaga as well?  Are the Inika/Mahri currently in their Mahri or Inika forms?  Are the Mata/Nuva suppose to be the strongest Toa in BIONICLE?

"Not luck. It's what you do that makes you a hero."

-Toa Kopaka Nuva

They may. They've basically completed their destiny to awaken Mata Nui, and they've been on who knows how many missions with each other. You'd think they'd have given their powers to some Matoran by now. Maybe they could, if the upcoming line is a continuation... if not, then I dunno.

"We didn't lose the battle. Today, we just lost the fight." -Lloyd Garmadon
ninjago-green-ninja.jpg
Avid collector of LEGO for many, many years. Feel free to private message me, or email me at greenninjaatcp@gmail.com, and I'll be happy to help. A ninja never quits!

Visit the Mixels Wiki! http://www.mixels.wikia.com

Greg confirmed the Toa Nuva can become Turaga, and if they do, they will wear Noble Kanohi Nuva, which are stronger than noble Kanohi and can share its powers, and yes, they are the strongest Toa in the story. I believe they can become Turaga now, since they completed their destiny(awake Mata Nui).

The Toa Mahri can too become Turaga, since they've completed their destinies (heal Mata Nui), and are currently in their Mahri form.

Edited by HoloTheWise
  • Upvote 1

They may. They've basically completed their destiny to awaken Mata Nui, and they've been on who knows how many missions with each other. You'd think they'd have given their powers to some Matoran by now. Maybe they could, if the upcoming line is a continuation... if not, then I dunno.

The Toa Mata were too important to have their lives sacrificed needlessly. Oh, they would die, eventually, but it would be at a time of his choosing.

Velika seems to be hinting at the Toa Mata having another role to play on Spherus Magna, so they might not become Turaga as soon as we think.

bZpOwEr

The Toa Mata were too important to have their lives sacrificed needlessly. Oh, they would die, eventually, but it would be at a time of his choosing.

Velika seems to be hinting at the Toa Mata having another role to play on Spherus Magna, so they might not become Turaga as soon as we think.

I as under the impression that Velika just needed them at some point in his master plan, instead of them still having some destiny left.

VBWj75sh.png

I have a question that relates to this- what would the Pakari and Akaku Nuva masks look like in noble form?

While we don't know what the noble Hau Nuva, Pakari Nuva or Kaukau Nuva look like, we do know it for the other Kanohi Nuva. The Av-Matoran Photok, Solek and Tanama wear Kanohi in the shape of the noble versions of the Kakama Nuva, Akaku Nuva and Miru Nuva respectively.

:kakamanu: :t: :m_p: :n: :kakamanu:

Banner.jpeg

As interesting as it would be to see them as turaga, I feel like that could come later. Maybe in a sequel if Bionicle 2015 is a reboot.

I personally like the Mahri as they are. I don't feel that they need to become turaga. To me they're the "young blood". The kids who just grew up. I'm having interesting ideas for stories now...

• Upvote 1

I have a question that relates to this- what would the Pakari and Akaku Nuva masks look like in noble form?

While we don't know what the noble Hau Nuva, Pakari Nuva or Kaukau Nuva look like, we do know it for the other Kanohi Nuva. The Av-Matoran Photok, Solek and Tanama wear Kanohi in the shape of the noble versions of the Kakama Nuva, Akaku Nuva and Miru Nuva respectively.

I thought that Photok, Solek, and Tanama wore the regular noble versions of the Miru, Kakama, and the Akaku, not the Nuva ones. 

• Upvote 1

bZpOwEr

Lego has to take into account that if they do, there's no going back. Might as well throw in a few more new versions of the Toas before retiring them :P

Actually, the Ignika has the power to turn Turaga back into Toa. If anyone can get the Mask to do that, anyway. :P

Back on topic, I believe it was stated somewhere that while the Nuva and Mahri could become Turaga now, they decided to remain Toa. With the majority of the MU beings on Spherus Magna now, Toa are needed more than Turaga at the moment, even if their destinies are already completed. Also, I think it was also stated that there were a little more than 40 Toa left in existence. If the Nuva and Mahri knew that, then that could also be a reason why they kept their powers for the moment. More Toa would be better than more Turaga, especially since we already have seven known Turaga in the story.

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

While we don't know what the noble Hau Nuva, Pakari Nuva or Kaukau Nuva look like, we do know it for the other Kanohi Nuva. The Av-Matoran Photok, Solek and Tanama wear Kanohi in the shape of the noble versions of the Kakama Nuva, Akaku Nuva and Miru Nuva respectively. :kakamanu: :t: :m_p: :n: :kakamanu:

I thought that Photok, Solek, and Tanama wore the regular noble versions of the Miru, Kakama, and the Akaku, not the Nuva ones.

So they do, my mistake. I guess that's what happens when I go off of memory rather than checking BS01 first.

Banner.jpeg

You'd think they'd have given their powers to some Matoran by now. Maybe they could, if the upcoming line is a continuation... if not, then I dunno.

That would be cool if that happens sometime after next year's storyline, whether it is a reboot or not. Only time and success can tell. :) 

I really like the idea of Turaga Nuva. It'd give the story some Turaga that could defend themselves more than the usual.

No, you are wrong. Sorry, but I have to clearify this. The Av-Matoran were wearing regular Noble Kanohi, not Noble Kanohi Nuva. No Noble versions of the Nuva Masks exist in any form, set or otherwise. Nuva Masks weren't known to exist (possibly with the exception of the island of Artakha) in the MU until the Toa Nuva arrived.

Edit: Sorry for sounding so mean. It just that when I read this, I literally cringed. If you go and read the individual pages of the Akaku, Miru, and Kakama on BS01, you will see Solek, Tanma, and Photok and their respected pages.

Edited by Friend of Fire

FoF

Credit to ~the Big X~ for avatar

Do Toa choose when to become Turaga? The Nuva and the Mahri should probably be Turaga already considering they have fulfilled their destinies. I guess our only example is the Metru who willingly gave up their power to release the matoran, so I'd say it's a choice.

Not that I really want to see them as Turaga though. To me, the Mata/Nuva are the definitive Toa who should always stay as Toa, remaining the same while the world moves around them.

The questions "Can the Toa Nuva become Turaga" and "Should the Toa Nuva become Turaga" have been discussed many times, and, while I don't object to their continued discussion, I'd like to see another question get some time in the spotlight:

What would the Toa Nuva be like as Turaga?

Because, come on, the idea of Turaga Kopaka trying to instruct rookie Toa is rich with comedic potential. :P

"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
-- Harlan Ellison