Images in new articles not working

Toa of Ice - 1987

I recently noticed that the bzpower image window(the one that pops up with a bigger version of images in news articles) suddenly stopped working.

I've checked both of my advertisement blocker add-on including killjasmin(it instantly closes intrusive popup windows but has never affected bzpower browsing before) and i've tried disabling Ad-Block Plus on the bzpower.com domain but no luck.

Any suggestion or answers if news pictures galleries are unavailable at the moment?

Edited by ---Kopaka Nuva---

qs3135.jpg

I recently noticed that the bzpower image window(the one that pops up with a bigger version of images in news articles) suddenly stopped working.

I've checked both of my advertisement blocker add-on including killjasmin(it instantly closes intrusive popup windows but has never affected bzpower browsing before) and i've tried disabling Ad-Block Plus on the bzpower.com domain but no luck.

Any suggestion or answers if news pictures galleries are unavailable at the moment?

Recently, the front page, as you probably have already noticed, had a minor overhaul: meaning many of the broken links, features, etc. were either removed or edited. More than likely, the function you mentioned was a casualty of the changes. The best thing you can do is create a Tracker ticket about it here. Generally, issues like these that involve troubleshooting and possibly forum/front page changes go in the Tracker, whereas simple questions regarding BZP, such as questions about what certain parts of the forum interface do, go here in the Q&A forum.

-Rez

EDIT: Seems like I didn't fully understand the question. Regardless, a tracker ticket may be the way to go.

Edited by Reznas

Do you have an example of the images that don't work? Does it do it on one or all of them that you've tried? I tested a few in my latest review, and they worked for me. But the code is very percise, and I know I've messed it up before when posting stories, so that could be an issue.

:music:

• Upvote 1

Do you have an example of the images that don't work? Does it do it on one or all of them that you've tried? I tested a few in my latest review, and they worked for me. But the code is very percise, and I know I've messed it up before when posting stories, so that could be an issue.

Seems like it's working for me as well. At first, I thought he was talking about something else, but now that I understand the question, I can confirm that the function is working properly on my end.

Like I said before, creating a Tracker ticket is probably the way to go.

-Rez

Edited by Reznas

It happens in any of the reviews i try out, simply no response, not even the rarely seen popup with a icon for broken image

qs3135.jpg

Here's a deeplinked screenshot but theres not much it can say other than imagine you click on a image and get no response as in a very dead or unresponsive link.

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/Bahrag/stuff/screenshot.jpg

Weird. It works for me. Here are a few questions: do you have Javascript enabled? Have you tried clicking the images on any other browsers, such as Chrome or IE? What version of Windows 8 are you running? Which version of Mozilla are you running?

-Rez

Edited by Reznas
  • Upvote 1

It appears that Mozilla automatically allows JavaScript to run. There is no enable or disable option available unless you you install add-ons to do it for you. Do you happen to have such an add-on/extension, ---Kopaka Nuva---?

-Rez

• Upvote 1

Currently trying to solve it by installing the latest version java Maybe the current java in my system has become severely outdated i'll respond again soon

JavaScript is actually very different from Java. Key differences between Java and JavaScript:

• Java is an OOP programming language while Java Script is an OOP scripting language.
  • Java creates applications that run in a virtual machine or browser while JavaScript code is run on a browser only.
  • Java code needs to be compiled while JavaScript code are all in text.
  • They require different plug-ins.

You can find more information about their differentiation here.

In a nutshell, the version of Java installed has no correlation with how JavaScript will function on your browser.

-Rez 

EDIT: Could you answer my previous inquiries? The more information I have about your computer/browser/settings, the better.

Have you tried clicking the images on any other browsers, such as Chrome or IE? What version of Windows 8 are you running? Which version of Mozilla are you running?

Edited by Reznas
  • Upvote 1

Java is not the same as Javascript. Whatever version of Java you have installed or if you have Java installed in the first place has no effect on this. I suspect the issue is in the browser, so check your settings. Maybe an add-on is getting in the way? I see you have an add-on to (mostly, if not entirely) remove the Australis UI from Firefox.

Currently trying to solve it by installing the latest version java Maybe the current java in my system has become severely outdated i'll respond again soon

JavaScript is actually very different from Java. Key differences between Java and JavaScript:

• Java is an OOP programming language while Java Script is an OOP scripting language.
  • Java creates applications that run in a virtual machine or browser while JavaScript code is run on a browser only.
  • Java code needs to be compiled while JavaScript code are all in text.
  • They require different plug-ins.
You can find more information about their differentiation here.

In a nutshell, the version of Java installed has no correlation with how JavaScript will function on your browser.

-Rez

This isn't entirely true. JavaScript isn't restricted to web browsers only and JavaScript doesn't require any additional plug-ins. Sorry for nitpicking. :P

Have you tried clicking the images on any other browsers, such as Chrome or IE? What version of Windows 8 are you running? Which version of Mozilla are you running?

I doubt the OS has any effects on this. Anyway, unless he has one of those programs bringing a classic start menu to Windows 8, he seems to be using Windows 8.1.

-Gata signoff.png

Edited by Gatanui
  • Upvote 1

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

Just installed java and restarted the browser, i also checked add-ons and the non java script disabler installed. Looks like the installer and browser reboot fixed everyhing.

This can be closed now and Reznas, thanks for giving me the idea to do a extensive check on my java program status :-)

• Upvote 1

qs3135.jpg

Just installed java and restarted the browser, i also checked add-ons and the non java script disabler installed. Looks like the installer a browser restarter fized everyhing.

This can be closed now and xxcj thanks for giving me the idea to do a extensive check on my java program status :-)

Not to take away any credit from xccj (not sure what he has told you anyway), but I can guarantee you that Java had nothing at all to do with this. Pretty sure it was simply the JavaScript disabler add-on. Anyway, glad you fixed this. Keep in mind that generally blocking all JavaScript isn't very useful as it will break many websites, if not most modern websites.

-Gata signoff.png

Edited by Gatanui
  • Upvote 1

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

This isn't entirely true. JavaScript isn't restricted to web browsers only and JavaScript doesn't require any additional plug-ins. Sorry for nitpicking. :P

-Gata signoff.png

I was only quoting an article from Java's website. :P But regardless, my point is that they are different and don't correlate (at least, don't correlate enough to cause any mutual problems on webpages).

-Rez

EDIT: Also, glad the problem is fixed!

Edited by Reznas

Just installed java and restarted the browser, i also checked add-ons and the non java script disabler installed. Looks like the installer a browser restarter fized everyhing.

This can be closed now and xxcj thanks for giving me the idea to do a extensive check on my java program status :-)

Not to take away any credit from xccj (not sure what he has told you anyway), but I can guarantee you that Java had nothing at all to do with this. Pretty sure it was simply the JavaScript disabler add-on.

-Gata signoff.png

There is a minor misunderstanding i dont have any java disabler in my add-ons at the moment now and never had one.

I just wonder why  java seemed to stop working and only acted normal when installed.

When i restarted my browser a bunch of previously clicked new images started popping up and ad-block + didn't affect them

qs3135.jpg

-Gata signoff.png

I was only quoting an article from Java's website. :P But regardless, my point is that they are different and don't correlate (at least, don't correlate enough to cause any mutual problems on webpages).

-Rez

EDIT: Also, glad the problem is fixed!

Oh, okay. :P

Not to take away any credit from xccj (not sure what he has told you anyway), but I can guarantee you that Java had nothing at all to do with this. Pretty sure it was simply the JavaScript disabler add-on.

-Gata signoff.png

There is a minor misunderstanding i dont have any java add-on disabler at the moment now and never had one. I jsut wonder why my outdated java seemed to stop working. When i restarted my browser a bunch of previously clicked new images started popping up and ad-block + didn't affect them

I see. Then I'm not sure what fixed the issue (except that it was not Java), but I'm glad it's solved. Perhaps it was AdBlock+ but I use it and I don't have any such issues with it on BZPower.

-Gata signoff.png

Edited by Gatanui
  • Upvote 1

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

When i restarted my browser a bunch of previously clicked new images started popping up and ad-block + didn't affect them

Restarting your browser deletes the temporary cache it creates every time you open it up. There might of been a few errors that kept the images from popping up. The restart deleted the cache and probably fixed the problem. Glad the issue is resolved now!

-Rez

Edited by Reznas