(REVIEW) Bionicle Mafia: Book 2 - Extraction

Voltex

More White Thirteen, and a lynching soon? Great. =D

Too bad Silence is dead already, I liked the concept of a killer you never hear coming... kinda.

~~

Having both the Pyro and the Cryo in the same scene is cool. :)

That pun though.

[...]

Pun was not intentional. Though I thought to keep it in, despite not finding a combination of heat- and cold-implying adjectives. (because 'blazing cool' or anything similar sounded awful XD)

Edited by Fairy Paladin

20210512_strollin_banner.jpg

My art collection topic - updated! (21/09/2021)

More White Thirteen, and a lynching soon? Great. =D

Too bad Silence is dead already, I liked the concept of a killer you never hear coming... kinda.

~~

Silence & Agni are the first two canon characters to show up in this series and both die almost immediately... my track record isn't great.

Anyway,

CHAPTER 7 - Sumiki returns!

• Upvote 2

WHOOAA A chapter on a day other than wednesday! That was rather unpredictable.

That chapter was gripping

I hope Chapter 8 is also to your fancy, then. I'm thinking all post a chapter every two days until the epic is complete; I want to get a move on with the final entry in the series.

---

CHAPTER 8 - Voltex, TBK, Pulse, Taka Nuvia, and RG venture forth on their most dangerous mission yet.

• Upvote 2

Yay 

I got to die by the pyro and be confusing.

-Rahkshi Guurahk
GENERATION 3: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
If I actually tried putting all the stuff I like on here, the sig would burst.

d1O9dXQ.png

(This banner is created by http://www.bzpower.com/board/user/59020-onaku/ )

Xaeraz, you don't treat Agent 64 like a girl and get away with it. :P I think I may have one more target before this is over. :P

I like this chapter. Reasons obvious, although the "I'm the new mayor of BZ-Koro" line took some cake too, and Shockwave's performance was suitably mysterious as well. :)

Xaeraz, you don't treat Agent 64 like a girl and get away with it. :P I think I may have one more target before this is over. :P

I like this chapter. Reasons obvious, although the "I'm the new mayor of BZ-Koro" line took some cake too, and Shockwave's performance was suitably mysterious as well. :)

Shockwave is the latest hint of the next big reveal...

You have been featured on the front page again - congratulations! =D

As for the chapter, great one as always. Also, the shared lightstone-necklaces are cute in a way. As cute as "this is the only thing that keeps me/us from going completely insane" can be, anyway.

Oh sweet! ^_^

As for the necklaces, I won't deny: both Xaeraz and Voltex are now in a rather precarious pickle. 

I love our friendship necklaces, Voltex. Such a shame I'll have to reclaim yours by the end of this fiasco =)

Congrats on the feature, too!

Thanks! Unfortunately, I don't think that will be possible.

The friendship necklaces were definitely the best part.

Well obviously

---

CHAPTER 11 - The survivors of the conference, Project Mayhem, and their allies battle the forces of White Ten!!

Wow. That was an eventful one.

Spoilers in white text.

As predicted, Fishers is Cryo. Totally called that, though I'm honestly disappointed. The more bad### action-Matoran we get, the better, and I'm not really happy to see that two of them are actually the same character. Not a terribly huge problem, just a slight annoyance for me.

I hope Ehks' Reanimator sees some use, because so many of the major (or even slightly important) players are down. Ehks, Xaeraz, Automaton, Tyler, probably a few more I've forgotten about... I guess this means Voltex takes over Project Mayhem in addition to the BZKP, which is a good thing for the Resistance I guess.

My theories about the affliction shared by Xaeraz and Voltex hasn't really been supported or denied by the events of this chapter, but I think it's pretty clear what is - was? - going on with them.

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

Wow. That was an eventful one.

Spoilers in white text.

(spoilers removed just to avoid, you know, yeah)

Could you remind me of your theory regarding the affliction? It's not exactly huge spoilers for me to reveal exactly what it was if you're incorrect, but if you are correct, it will save me having to explain. :P

As for the identity of the Cryo... sorry you feel that way. =P Don't worry, though - we'll see more Matoran like that in the sequel. And as for major characters that are dead... the epilogue will explain how they shall be showing up again.

Oh, I know how they'll be showing up. Something tells me you haven't checked Skype, because I've been having a one-sided conversation about the Red Star... ;)

Voltex received this from Luroka, as we saw in Book 1; Xaeraz was experimented on and given the same shadow-infection-whatever while in captivity of the WC. It's some sort of antidermis-related thing which basically instills intense rage and bloodlust, which subsides when you, uh, rip people apart. Or if you wear a magic lightstone thingy. I'd also guess that the affliction worsens significantly over time because Xaeraz has far more difficulty controlling himself than Voltex does.

It's not really a complex theory at all, basically compiled from things we've seen Xaeraz and Voltex do. I'm probably forgetting some of it, I'll have to go back and reread to flesh the theory out.

Edited by Chro

but their spirits

Oh, I know how they'll be showing up. Something tells me you haven't checked Skype, because I've been having a one-sided conversation about the Red Star... ;)

Voltex received this from Luroka, as we saw in Book 1; Xaeraz was experimented on and given the same shadow-infection-whatever while in captivity of the WC. It's some sort of antidermis-related thing which basically instills intense rage and bloodlust, which subsides when you, uh, rip people apart. Or if you wear a magic lightstone thingy. I'd also guess that the affliction worsens significantly over time because Xaeraz has far more difficulty controlling himself than Voltex does.

It's not really a complex theory at all, basically compiled from things we've seen Xaeraz and Voltex do. I'm probably forgetting some of it, I'll have to go back and reread to flesh the theory out.

Yeah, I'm never on Skype. Steam is the better way to contact me. 

As for the affliction, you're mostly right; it's basically shadow energies that have been specifically engineered to drive the victim mad, instilling the rage and bloodlust. However, it subsides merely at the sight of blood. The lightstones are infused with light energies, which combat the shadow energies and allow the victim to operate normally. However, the lightstones are sort of like a really addictive drug; if you're cut off from it all of a sudden, you're going to have serious withdrawal (in this case, the victim's mind is basically instantly torn to shreds). You're also correct in that it worsens with time; while Voltex has barely been affected for a week at this point, Xaeraz has been dealing with it for years. 

That plot twist (Can that be called a plot twist?) though.

Can't wait until Book 3! =D

-Rahkshi Guurahk
GENERATION 3: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
If I actually tried putting all the stuff I like on here, the sig would burst.

d1O9dXQ.png

(This banner is created by http://www.bzpower.com/board/user/59020-onaku/ )

Oh boy

I cannot wait until Book 3 now. This is going to be fun.

You have no idea how much I was laughing when I was asking you about which scene I should end it off on, knowing that you had no clue which character I was talking about. :P

hooo boy howdy.

Pretty excited, yo.

(also, unless I missed something, I didn't die. That is nice.)

Nope, you're still alive! For now, at any rate. Since the next one is the final installment, we have truly reached the "anybody can die" scenario.

Another amazing story!

Book 3 is gonna be a killer!

Literally killer. So many deaths.

Oh gee. Called the Cryo thing too. :shrugs:

Ehks is White Thirteen?

Way to keep things interesting. :)

Many people seem disappointed that your character was the Cryo. I guess it's because there are less bad*** characters, but at the same time I think that's a good thing? Too many powerful characters and things get a little too ridiculous. 

That plot twist (Can that be called a plot twist?) though.

Can't wait until Book 3! =D

I'm unsure of whether it would be a plot twist, although since one of our major protagonists has just gone bad, I think it maybe can be considered that, yes. 

Ehks is White Thirteen?

Is it bad that I figured out the spoiler thing right when the first White Thirteen thing happened

Nahh. Though I do have to say Jim did an excellent job using all of the alternate names I have stored up, just to keep things interesting.

Book 3 is going to be great, I can see it. All the better with White Thirteen now being a bad guy "again".

• Upvote 1

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

• 2 weeks later...

Red Star?
Nailed it.

Ehks is White Thirteen?

Is it bad that I figured out the spoiler thing right when the first White Thirteen thing happened
Nahh. Though I do have to say Jim did an excellent job using all of the alternate names I have stored up, just to keep things interesting.
Book 3 is going to be great, I can see it. All the better with White Thirteen now being a bad guy "again".

I did too. Thought it was made pretty clear. >.>

but their spirits