Bionicle Combiner Challenge

Kuurai

Hello all!

For my first forum post, I will display a MOC I created years ago (and it is miraculously still constructed). This and a few more MOCs I created is a result of a challenge issued to myself to create a MOC using pieces limited to two Bionicle sets similar to what Lego originally did with the Toa Mata (Wairuha and Akamai) and later sets.

This MOC was constructed using only pieces from the sets 8619 (Keerakh) and 8743 (Boggarak):

250px-Keerakh.jpg 150px-Boggarak.jpg

=

combiner11.jpg

Full Gallery

Name: Kravakh

Species: Vahki (Specialized Model)

Origin: More than 1000 years ago in Metru Nui, Turaga Dume issued in secret that a new, specialized version of the Vahki, like the Kraahu and the Kranua, be constructed by a select group of Po-Matoran. This new Vahki was to be built to deal with foes that other Vahki could not contend with, essentially having hopes of creating a Vahki that could overpower and outmatch foes as powerful as a Toa. With the scale of the power Turaga Dume had in mind, the Po-Matoran tried but could not replicate what the Turaga had requested. They then resorted to implementing energized protodermis, obtained illegally and in secret, which resulted in a singular, very powerful and very sentient Vahki. The energized protodermis-infused prototype seemed to work to perfection until it stepped into the shadows. It then proceeded to destroy the Po-Matorans' laboratory and obliterate its creators, fleeing to the depths of the sub-levels of the Onu-Metru Archives, never to be seen or heard from again.

Abilities and Powers:

1. It had the ability to absorb whatever power that touched its shield and channel it into a synthesized kanoka disk which could be launched from its launcher-claw

2. It could load and fire any kanoka disk

3. The white apparatus attached to its launcher-claw acted as a remote control for the disks it launched. To control the speed, it tilted its claw accordingly. To control the direction, it pointed its claw to its desired location (sort of like using a Wii remote)

4. It had secondary arms which had retractable scythes for hands, granting a better offensive and defensive advantage in battle, as well as granting it the ability to fly

5. It's shield, resembling a Visorak, could fire Rhotuka spinners with the power of any Kanoka disk, albiet the power level is fixed at 3

6. I could shape-shift into an auto-turret

7. Being a sentient machine, it was highly intelligent, able to predict and deal with scenarios in the best and cleverest way possible

8. Most dangerously, when exposed to shadow, it becomes a negative image of itself, which is stronger and more aggressive.

Note: Image displayed is the Light version of the Kravakh, unexposed to shadow, generally protective and non-aggressive to civilians.

Edited by Kuurai
  • Upvote 1

"It's all a trick, you see. They want me to pretend to betray them. They want you to concentrate your forces here against an attack that won't come. But I decided: Why pretend to betray them when actually doing it would be so much more fun?"
— Vezon to Tridax, Destiny War

Wow that actually looks pretty darn good for combining two sets, is that using all the pieces from those two sets?

I could actually build that because I have those two sets haha!

Edited by randomreviewerbros

Go check out our Youtube channel! We review BIONICLE and other LEGO related items!
https://www.youtube.com/user/RandomReviewerBros

Wow that actually looks pretty darn good for combining two sets, is that using all the pieces from those two sets?

I could actually build that because I have those two sets haha!

Yes, this is made 100% out of pieces from the sets Keerakh and Boggarak, and not all of the pieces were used if that is what you meant. I also made a similar one with a Rorzakh and a Vohtarak

Edited by Kuurai

"It's all a trick, you see. They want me to pretend to betray them. They want you to concentrate your forces here against an attack that won't come. But I decided: Why pretend to betray them when actually doing it would be so much more fun?"
— Vezon to Tridax, Destiny War

Wow that is really good for the limit on parts i really like the head and how you didnt use the vaki head and went custom. (for anyone who will complain that it is a vaki head i mean it didnt use teh eye stalk and the head) I really like his sword WOOPS didnt see that those were wings cool wings. as well the gun perhaps (at least i would) use the visorahk body instead of the pices from the vaki. Over all a very cool thing and I really wish this was some kind of contest lego could have done.

Edited by Tecnokua The Fedora Mudki

one day this will contain greatness only the best. But take this with the ocean of salt then you will know what to expect from this