Rpg Halo: Retribution

IC [sgt, Seah]:John whistled in admiration. He quickly moved to Myles' position. "You busted up?" He then informed Graham that they were with Myles.

GT: Voyagerin

"The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong, is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong,

it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair."

IC: "A piece of metal rod managed to impale itself in my leg during the explosion, or explosions, if you want to be accurate," Allan told John. "It's alright; it has clean entry and exit wounds, and I can still move well. But I have 2 KIAs and the rest of my team is WIA and out-for-the-count."Allan gestured toward his team, which he had lay down on their sides in a safe corner."I owe Sergeant Cass, so let's make sure she gets out of here. In the meantime, there're a lot of weapons here to salvage and use. Let's give that MedEvac the safest LZ we can."

Visit the Halo epics Of All Sangheili and Conviction To Conflict! GSs wanted for both!

We all got left behind, we let it all slip away...

IC: Staff Sergeant Rachel Cass "Don't count me out yet," Rachel grunted as she sat up, peeling off a damaged ballistic plate that was hanging from her armor, "I can still go too. Anyone seen my rifle?"

IC- Rex-D062:The Spartan kept an eye out. It was no use getting to the cache, then being ambushed and killed. He was bored. And when he was bored, Rex got in trouble. To keep preoccupied, he mentally went over a Sangheili war poem he had learned from Mato. He slung his M45 over his shoulder, drew his BR55HB, and switched it to full-auto mode.IC- Voro 'Chonchiyo:The Zealot awaited impatiently for atmosphere to vent back into the Innie ship's hangar.Waste of metal, this rustbucket, he thought bitterly. He checked his Concussion Rifle, flipping it open to inspect the visual components. It was good. With a swift movement, he grabbed his Energy Staff from where he had propped it up during the flight. At the moment, it looked like a normal piece of metal, save for the ornamental patterns criss-crossing the shaft. It was old, as dating back to the years before the Human-Covenant War, and the Great Schism. It had been a gift from his brother, the Kaidon from the Chonchiyo region, when he had risen to the rank of Zealot. Their grandfather had wielded it during the Harvest Campaign. It was something the Voro used with pride, and he was sure that, wherever he was, Grandfather was smiling down at him.

OOC: Ugh, my sincerest apologies. And by sincerest, I mean it. Enough that whilst puking my brains out I came on anyway. I got caught in a horrible string of busy business between preseason training, work, school, and several music group preparations, and I just didn't have time to make it to BZP. Once I feel a little more steady, I'm going to attempt to read up to where we are and -hopefully- not abandon you guys for more than a couple days again.

OOC: No probs, Vak. Hope you feel better soon. ^^On an semi-related note, anyone have a good place for two Alliance-affiliated chars (one a Heat-Bringer, the other a Grunt Deacon) to spawn in?-Inferna

OOC: Yeup, sickness decided to hold over another day. I've got a fundraiser to attend, so only time for one post this morning. I'll be back in the noon/afternoon hours, possibly!Also, quick note to Leonidas: There would have likely been a grandfather/elder in a Keep, and your post is entirely legitimate. Just be wary of making father/grandfather figures sound individualized to a given Sangheili character, as Sangheili neverk new who their fathers were. By extension, that would mean that all of the youth in a given Keep would have accepted one Elder to be the grandfather figure, without knowing exactly if that Sangheili had spawned their lineage. Just a note for future interest ^_^IC: [AA Turret]The Minor that had jumped at Mgalekgolo thudded against her shield, his mass and velocity enough to push the shield against the Hunter and limit her range of movement. Two other Minors took this opportunity to jump at her- One managed to grab hold of the massive fuelrod on her arm, and tried to reach at the metal plate on her head before she could fire and vaporize him at point blank. The other had attempted to jump, but crumpled in midair and crashed to the ground under a hail of bullets- The bearded Scottsman, his remaining two security personnel, and a few Marines had jumped from cover and charged into battle, advancing on their position. The man yelled something in that rancid language humans called "English", and his security personnel diverted to the smoking heap of human manufacturing once known as a Hornet.The two men were soon upon it, having skirted the Jiralhanae, preoccupied by the Mgalekgolo and other soldiers. One soldier dropped to his knee and fired a few bursts at what looked to be a higher rank ape- This one seemed cool, collected, and calculated as it laid fire on the sniper nest. The man paused, reached onto his belt for his last remaining Frag, and tossed at Macabethus. The grenade clunked down at the high-ranking Jiralhanae's feet. However, without consideration for itself, a nearby Minor dropped down over the grenade and shuddered as the grenade detonated, armor twisting and skin flaying. While his sacrifice became little more than a pool of dark blood, it gave Macabethus time he'd need..The soldier's ally had been motioning for the pilot to move out of the way. Once she complied, he brought down the butt of his rifle and the glass shattered. The man peered in and asked, "How bad is it?"Nearby, the haughty Jirahlahane major buckled over as a sniper round snapped his neck forward and threw his helmet off. He could do little more than growl before a second shot landed through back of his throat and out his mouth, as if it had been intended so. He feebly reached out, and with his last breath uttered, "We.. are defeated."IC: [spartans- Edward]Edward ignored the antsy gestures of his squadmates- it was a problem with Spartan squads that had been cooped up for more than a week at a time with little to do. "We're coming up on the Mess, which leads directly to the central cooridor. Lock and load.. Terra, point is yours now. Do not open fire unless odds are obviously in your favor- no need to have the entire ship swarm us in close quarters."IC: [scarab]The Jiralhanae impaled itself on Vume's sword, but angrily continued to reach towards him, the sword melting deeper into his stomach. He roared and spittle flecked all over Vume's face. The enraged ape brought one fist up to smash the squid-like head of Vume, only to be met with several bolts of plasma fire. The Brute's arm practically burned off, leaving it injured, disorientated, and in position for Vume to finish the kill.In the distance, white armor of B'kar's men glinted.IC: [Mark, Jackson, Paulson, O'Brien]Overhead, a familiar hum was heard. "Bout time," muttered Paulson, hefting his SMG on one arm. The pilot slowly lowered the vehicle, cautious for any AA fire. As the backdoor opened, they hefted Mark inside. The pilot's partner stepped out from the cabin and greeted the Privates. "Ooh, ****. This one's bad. We'll get ya'll dusted out immediately."As the Marines began to step in, the assistant pilot muttered, "I feel sorry for the boys a few blocks down- the Innies are pushing their last efforts onto that side while one of their ships is reportedly dropping in for Evac. Anyone caught over there is good as dead, the northern company is pushing to get there, but they won't make it in time."O'Brien stopped with one boot on the ground, one in the Pelican. He seemed frozen for a moment, as Jackson and Paulson seated themselves. Jackson said, "C'mon, Raz. We should get out of here.. Mark won't make it much longer."The Marine dropped his head a moment, then sighed, stepping off the vehicle. "No, you three go with Mark. He'll need you guys there for him. And I'm not dragging Berrien into this mess.""Raz, whaddya mean?""I'm going back and helping the others hold out until the company from northern Rome Street gets there to push the Innies out.""But you can't go alone!""I'm going. You guys stay.. as the first member of our squad after the Sarge bit it, consider it an order.."Of course, he had no jurisdiction over Willie, but he could at least tell the others to stay. He stepped off the Pelican, looked down at his rifle, and stared over the smoke-filled field behind him. Hope there's still soldiers left to save...IC: [sgt. Maj. Antony Graham]Antony had been keeping with the COMM chatter throughout directing Seah and Colin. The last few exchanges he heard made him shudder."I read ya, Sergeant Seah.. but we've got a problem.""A big, big problem."No evac because of high enemy presence? This sector is going to be secured by ground? Just our luck..."Get all of your men to the ground floor of that building.. I'm going to join you there. Graham out."The large, dark-tanned man began the laborious process of crawling from his position to the building. It seemed to take ages, but nothing seemed to have shot at him yet.

IC: Zarana Fehra Veru & Kaldera Fehra Selre | Battle of New Venice | AA GunA snarling rumble, not unlike the sound of the Human creature known as a lion created, issued from Zarana's vocal cords as she tried to spin and throw the offending Brute Minor off her. Her motion was impeded by her recovery from the other Minor's impact on her shield, making her slower than she would be normally, so she had to keep her head moving before her plates could be torn free, even as she prepared to fire her Cannon.Less than a few meters away, Kaldera's eyes narrowed into slits. For whatever reasons, the Brutes had ignored the male Fehra -- but that was a fatal mistake, as it had given him time to recover from losing an eel and get his Fuel Rod Cannon into position. He knew Zarana was about to fire and vaporize the Minor, so he didn't bother aiming at him. As she fired on her rider at point-blank, he fired at the other Brutes, daring them to charge them again.-Inferna

IC [sgt. Seah]:"Take this," John tossed his MA5C towards Cass. "What was that, Sergeant Major? Oh, okay then." John relayed the news to the others."Everyone, double time it to the lobby. Things are getting a lot worse for evac." John armed his DMR and headed for the stairs.IC [shawn D-042]:Shawn followed behind Terra, but kept at least 3 feet of distance apart, just in case she had to pull off some dramatic maneuver. IC [Pvt. Serrox]:Will noted the Hunters being able to take care of the remaining Minors, so he did not risk firing a shot in the case that it might hit the wormy insides of the Hunters instead. "Pvt. Serrox to Marine squad, how are things going down there? Need me to reposition for assistance?"

"The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong, is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong,

IC: [spartans - Edward]The Spartan nonchalantly replied through his COMM, "When's the last time you saw combat? Better to bypass or silently kill an enemy than go in guns blazing." As he spoke, Edward eyed the pipes above cautiously, straining to hear the distant buzz of more Drones, lest there be any."I take it stealth wasn't your sweet spot."The Spartan looked to Shawn beneath his visor, wondering what was stewing in his comrade's head.IC: [AA Turret]The bearded man returned the Private's question after a hesitation inspired by rifle fire. "Two of me men ar' on the flight'o stairs beneath ye. Last I saw, a Cap'n and two of his uglies were held off, but not incapacitated by 'em. If I were-" Pistol fire resounded over the COMM, followed by the hallowed wail of a Brute, followed further in turn by gurgling. "If I were yeh, I'd be lookin' to make sure those big'uns don't compromise yer pretty little canopy. Eh?"~~~~The Jiralhanae that had tackled the Kaldera pair and been rejected via shield, rolling in the ground before being ripped apart under a hail of bullets. One of the injured Minors stumbled over to Macabethus huffing furiously through his nostrils. "Sir, we should retreat! The Corvette awaits us, and we are losing ground here.."The Minor almost flinched, half-expecting to be slammed across the jaw for his impudence.IC: [sergeant Major Antony Graham]The ODST grunted as he heaved himself the final length to the doorway: The building was a hotel of sorts, and the fancy glass decorations had been blown clean out from all the explosive power that had otherwise torn apart Rome Street. He managed to sit himself upright, and rested his DMR on his lap, careful not to further antagonize his fractured leg."I'm outside the lobby, over. No signs of baddies yet. Intel says otherwise."He checked to make sure his clip was more than half-full and, satisfied, continued."Apparantly, Innies are regrouping here to inflict what lasting damage and casualties they can before some supposed rescue ship can yank them outta here. No idea how they think such a ship will slip in past our defenses now, but we'll see. Just be ready for anything, Hoo rah?"

IC: Staff Sergeant Rachel Cass "Hoo-rah," Rachel nodded, looking over the rifle. It didn't have a shotgun attached to it but it would suffice. "Hey, let's bring some of these weapons down to the lobby with us," she added, gesturing around, "Give those innies a surprise when they get here."

IC [shawn D-042]: Shawn put his hand on Terra's shoulder as they neared a corner. He motioned to his feet to indicate he heard footsteps.IC [Pvt. Serrox]:Will slung his sniper rifle over his back and climbed down the broken stairs, half sliding across the railing to avoid falling off the dilapidated heap. He caught sight of the Marines, and quickly moved to their position. "Need a sniper?"IC [sgt. Seah]:John lugged a grenade launcher down the stairs with him. He set it close to Graham in case he needed to provide cover fire.

IC: [sgt.Maj. Antony Graham]Antony sidled up the wall until he could stand, one leg loosely dangling in the air to avoid pressure. The ODST awkwardly hopped inside the shattered doorway, nodding thankfully to Seah as he saw the military contraband. "At least they're giving us a chance to set up, eh?"Before John could respond, a shock roiled throughout the building. It groaned in protest and a metal sheet peeled from the impact of an explosive. "Hurry up and get to the line! If you aren't carrying weapons, then bring sandbags from the upper crows nest!" Graham grimaced as he activated VISR and scanned outside the building for red signatures. Not a thing in sight. Who the **** fired that?IC: [spartans- Edward]The Delta Company soldier immediately froze and listened at Shaun's gesture. Hearing them near, he signed to Shaun, Estimated opposition?IC: [security Officers- AA Turret]"Just to divert the curious, aye!"The man was propped up against a steel girder as his comrade applied gauze to both of his legs, where gaping holes left by razor-sharp spikes bled freely. Nothing serious was hit, his ally had confirmed."It seems they're either gonna be slaughtered or forced to retreat at this point- Just pop a few more in the skull and see what happens, eh?"

OOC : Well, nothing to say but Sorry. I was too busy killing Orks to notice this was open. The Emperor called me, so I had to answer, being an Ultramarine. Also just heard Brodus Clay's 4th theme. Oh goodness that's incredibly Funky.PFC Willy Berrien IC (Not One Left Alone) :Willy shook his head at O'Brien. "I'm coming with you. No leaving a man alone." He grabbed his Shotgun and made sure it was loaded. "Somebody call my Mama it's about to get funky up in here!" He stepped over to O'Brien, and walked on.Captain Macabethus IC (Worst. Day. EVER.) : Any other day, he would have smashed the Brute's mouth open. But, now? He realized that the battle was truly lost. The Brute fighting power was absolutely beyond repair. He gathered his wits and gave a roar. Noting the location of the Grenade, he fired his last Brute Shot round, and lept over to where he saw a Spiker. He grabbed the Spiker, and threw his Brute Shot in a circle motion as if to hit one of the attackers. "We retreat! The battle is lost!" He kept surpressing fire on both the snipers and the Mgalekgolos. This has been an awful day for Macabethus.PO 2nd Class Lyn Carter IC (The Storm's Recession) :The glass shattered around her, and she looked at the man who broke the glass. "Nothing major, I think. I have this pain in my right leg, though." She started to climb out, limping as she got out. Suddenly a Brute Shot grenade flew past her face, not an inch away. Instinctively jumping back and letting a word fly, she noticed the Brute Shot flying over. "Get down!"

"Boss! Da needle is pointin' in da red! Dat ain't good!"
"Course it's good ya squealin' runt! Red goes fastah!"

Orks... Such wonderfully simple creatures.

OOC: Fehra pair, Vak, not Kaldera pair. :PIC: Zarana Fehra Veru & Kaldera Fehra Selre | Battle of New Venice | AA GunAs Macabethus opened a surpressing fire on them, both Mgalekgolo shielded themselves from the Spiker's blasts. They knew only a bit of the Brute language -- they had mainly served with Elites during the War -- but they knew enough to know that their enemies were ordering a retreat. They weren't fully prepared to lower their arms, though. They took aim at their scattered, crushed enemies and opened fire once again, planning to see them on their way.-Inferna

IC: Allan remained in the Crow's Nest, prefering not to test how his leg would hold with the pylon in it."Sarge, I'm going to be more use up here. I'm not fully mobile due to this injury, and I currently have in my possession a high-powered sniper rifle and an excellent view of any incoming innies here."He proceeded to fire a shot at an insurrectionist closing upon the building, firing blindly in a seeming hapless rage. The shot rang out loudly, silencing the repeated blast of the fallen hostiles' M5AC Assault Rifle."What do you say? Over."

Visit the Halo epics Of All Sangheili and Conviction To Conflict! GSs wanted for both!

IC [sgt. Seah]:"Dangit. Alright, everyone should cover an obvious point of entry for the enemy," John sat by the overhang of the once grand hotel lobby. The durable glass could withstand his weight well enough. He held his DMR to his chest.IC [shawn-D042]:Shawn resisted the urge to deliver a punch to Terra's faceplate. He turned to Edward and made gestures indicating Elite footfalls, about four of them. He then placed his hand on Terra's wrist to prevent rash action.IC [Pvt. Serrox]:"Ouchie." Will muttered at the injured Marine. He went into his highest zoom mode, and fired two rapid shots at a pair of distracted Brute Minors. Were they...retreating?

OOC: >_> <_< >_> ....I said nothing. *coughFehracough*IC: [AA Turret- Security Officers/Sniper Nest]"It'll hold over." The man grunted and fired off two bursts with his Battle Rifle, then laid it to rest again as his comrade continued to wrap the gauze and tighten it. "You sure they're retreating?"~~~~[security Officers/Downed Hornet]The one who had just broken the girl out threw himself behind the bulky rotary of the destroyed vehicle, pulling at Lyn's arm from where she dived, trying to get her to the bulkier part of the cover. His comrade, however, dived and rolled to the opposite direction of the brute shots and stood up. The man raised his rifle and started firing directly at Macabethus, unaware of the Brutes retreating around him, unaware of the one coming up from behind with a Mauler in hand..IC: [spartans- Edward]Edward dropped on one knee, weapon drawn as silently as if nothing had happened. He edged to where Shaun and Terra stood, and counted the red blips as they appeared... He's right, four hingeheads. The Spartan gave his squadmates several silent gestures that indicated, When they're 5 meters from the corner, toss two frags for disorientation. Hit 'em hard before they can recover.Edward took one of the grenades from a pouch on his beltline, and noted one of the other Spartans doing so as well. He looked cautiously from Shaun to Terra, begging that the latter didn't get overexcited like she had been. On my signal..IC: [Private Raz O'Brien]The young man's brow jumped up as Willy stepped off the ship. "Erh... Well, okay. Paulson, Jackson, make sure Mark makes it through, okay? He still owes me a coffee from the last date of mine he scared off." The other two smiles sadly and replied with an edge of humor, "He'll have it hot and ready when you get back, Raz."Knowing that meant Mark awaking from his comotose state Raz whispered in reply, "Sounds like a deal.."The Pelican didn't give the four soldiers much more for bonding time as the hatch close and it began to ascend into the skies, moving well away from what was about to become the mess of southern Rome Street. O'Brien turned to Willy and stated flatly, "If we don't wanna get caught in the middle of this ambush, we're gonna need some high mobility.." He looked off to the jagged metal mess that was the street. "Gotta be something here that still works.."IC: [sgt.Maj. Antony Graham]"Alright Myles, if you know what you're doing up there." The ODST, being the highest ranking member present, had control of the situation. "Now before it hits the fan, who else is an exceptional sniper or heavy weapons user? We can't leave Myles alone on the top floor; if Jackals manage to penetrate an upper tier, he won't be able to hold out alone."Graham didn't so much as flinch when the crazed man running towards them was gunned down. What did make him- and presumably the others- was the tension in the air finally being snipped by the distant roar of many voices- Humans, Elites, even Jackals."We're outta time, boys and girls! Secure those entrances, conserve as much ammo as possible! Evac's on the way, we just need to hold out for it!"Colin, who was settled near him at the moment, was towards the bottom in terms of ranking of the soldiers present. He whispered to what he assumed was a rookie, "Put two in the head and one in the chest for good measure."

IC [sgt. Seah]:John put a round into the center of an approaching human Innie. The high-caliber round tore through his ceramic plating and caused a rupture in his chest. He then aimed at an Elite, pulling off rapid shots in succession to its head's general direction.IC [Pvt. Serrox]: "Oi, get down Hornet boy!" Will yelled over the COM. He hastily pulled off a shot at the Mauler Brute's direction, hoping it would at least disorient it. He quickly reloaded his rifle and pulled off another shot for good measure.

OOC: I go to Seattle for one weekend and it picks up again? Jeez. I should go visit my girlfriend more often.IC: [Vume Chavamai]Vume pulled the sword upwards, the blade cutting through and searing the flesh of the Jiralhanae as the energy sword finished its slow upwward cleave. The Sangheili pushed the corpse to the side and stood up on now shaky legs. He blinked once, clearing his eyes of a bit of his enemy's blood, and looked at his would be saviors. "Sangheili military prowess at its finest, it wouldseem," he muttered to himself.[Colin Ferris]Colin grinned, "Appreciate the tip, sir. I am ODST, though, so I think I got the basics covered." He aimed his battle rifle. "I tend to go for three in the head, though. It's how the gun was designed."

I want you to hit me as hard as you can.

Something on your mind, Dear?

Hey, you created me. I didn't create some loser alter-ego to make myself feel better. Take some responsibility!

IC: Allan pivetted the sniper rifle around the battlefield, cracking off high-calibre rounds as quickly as possible, cracking the armour of several Elites and taking down another human innie.The kick-back of the weapon was almost as powerful as its punch however, and Allan made himself take a few seconds rest before resuming fire. Staring back down the scope, it was patent that the insurrectionist force was not merely focusing on an attempted storming of the building. Along serveal low rooftops, jackal marksmen began appearing, creeping with hunched backs, determined to remain unseen by the others."Graham!" Allan alerted the Sergeant Major over the comm. "Tangos, throughout your 2-10 o'clock, up high!"Allan knew he'd have to make this quick. Provided that those jackals saw him, he'd be one great walking plasma burn soon enough."I'm going to engage, but I'll need covering fire from one or two of your guys, or you may as well take my dog tags now! See what you can do."He then fired two rushed shots, managing to down two, giving himself a few seconds to maintain targeting and firing until they had eyes on his position.

IC [sgt. Seah]:John swung his body around to face the snipers. They hadn't seen him. He delivered two shots to the head of one Jackal then reloaded.

OOC: Would that we could, eh? :PIC: [security Officer- Downed Hornet]The first shot ended up a wide miss. For a moment time seemed to go still. In the slowness of it all, two resounding cracks were heard; one was sharp and articulate, that of the sniper. The other was pulpy and ambient in nature. The Brute took a step back in recoil, his armor dented in the chest and the shielding practically gone. However, it hadn't been enough: The mauler's shot had discharged, and the armor of the O.N.I. Officer was not enough to repel the weapon's projectiles. The man crumpled to the ground without a word or shout, dead on impact.However, this did not mean the killer would walk away freely- The second man who was with the pilot had pulled out his sidearm in the brief confusion, and delivered three succinct shots to the head. One. The Brute's shielding let down and his helmet tipped off. Two. The shot went low, pounding into the neck of the large ape but hitting nothing critical. Three. The final shot penetrated the skull just between the eyes. Lifeblood poured free, and the figure fell backwards dead as a door.IC: [sgt.Maj. Antony Graham]"Sergeant Seah, take Private Ferris up to Myle's position! You two know the route up and down well, so be aware for anything that may have slunk in unnoticed!"The ODST rolled painfully from his spot as a needle-like sharp impacted the wood siding mere feet from where he was set up. Landing half awkwardly he pushed off his good leg and hopped to a large dining table, shoving it onto its side to provide cover. Comfortable with his new position, Graham switched to his secondary weapon- The M319 Individual Grenade Launcher. Having seen a small conglomerate of Insurrectionist foes amassing near a flaming, overturned Warthog, Graham planned to use their cover as their demise.He launched the grenade and held the trigger, the remote sensor in the grenade itself waiting for the very second that his grip on the trigger would slacken.. and so it did. In the distance, the Warthog went up in a fiery ploom and several surprised yelps and screams were heard. Targets down.

"If I was going to do something i could have shot rockets at them. I do think you know" Terra would have shot rockets at them even if they told her not to but she was saving them just in case she needed them. Terra pulled the pins out of her grenades and threw the wall oppersite with considerable force and they bounced in the corridor with the elites "cover your ears this is going to be loud".

Edited by stoney the raptor

IC [sgt. Seah]:John leapt off the overhang and gestured to Ferris. With me.He hurried up the service staircase. Unfortunately he found a hole in the wall of the 3rd story. They had company. "Ferris, prepare for close quarters. Myles,we're coming up, stay put."

OOC: Later tonight I'll possibly send out a few PMs, but if you guys know somebody who hasn't posted in awhile or what have you, if you wouldn't mind asking them if they've been busy, uninterested, or what have you that'd be great! I'm sure some gave up hope on it because I went inactive for a bit, but I should be back now and it'd be great if we had many of our loyal friends back! :)Again, I'll be sending messages myself to get an idea of what's up with everyone, but if you personally know somebody that'd be great if you could ask them and forward me their answer!

IC: [Colin Ferris]Colin unslung his shotgun, flicking the safety off in the same motion. He raised the gun and moved ahead of Seah, "I'm taking point," his voice was calm and steady, "any that don't go down from one shot I'm trusting you to finish off."

Edited by IamJackssplitpersonality

Hey, you created me. I didn't create some loser alter-ego to make myself feel better. Take some responsibility!

OOC : Oh yeah, also a part of Indoor Drumline which has required more time than breathing, so, I've been doing that. Really fun.PFC Willy Berrien IC (Not One Left Alone) : "It would be quicker, but the odds of finding anything would be tough." He started looking around, also cautious of any possible snipers. "If I find a Mongoose, I call driver."Captain Macabethus IC (Worst day just got worse) : "If you can, take the lives WHILE MOVING BACK!" He yelled in the natural tongue of the Brutes. He opened fire on the same places, and started to fall back. His men would have to fight teeth and nail if they wanted out.PO 2nd Class Lyn Carter IC (The Storm's Recession) :The man was killed, and then the Brute followed. She wasn't quick enough, and a man payed with his life. She took aim at a minor who was running, and opened fire, hoping that she could keep the same thing from happening again.

OOC: Lavama, I know all about that :P My girlfriend's our third best Drummer in the school, and while they don't do indoor, during the Marching season she's twice as busy as the rest of us.I have a rehearsal to attend here in about ten minutes, but when I'm back I'll post now that I see we've got something to work with ;) Keep going without me until I'm back if you're comfortable- Remember, you can easily materialize your own challenges and enemies for eachother so long as they aren't ridiculous or unlikely to have ever happened :P

OOC: Cruuuud, I forgot I was the last post. Accidental double post. -_-IC: [spartans- Edward]Edward mentally rolled his eyes at Terra's remark to cover their ears- The helmet's receptors would do the job for them. As twin flashes of lightning went off, Edward motioned for the shotgun-equipped Spartans to turn corner first. He shook his own gun once for good measure, and turned the corner after them...IC: [south Rome Street - Hotel]Depending on how one received a situation, either John and Colin's timing was a blessing for Myles, or they was a curse his would-be. The gaping hole in the third story shuddered as a powerful blast threw debris inward and two tightly-armored men moved in- The gear was definitely UNSC. The personnel, however, were not. And to make matters worse? They were humans in the armor of the infamous flamethrower units employed by the UNSC early in the Covenant War.The blast had knocked Colin out of sight behind the counter that was in what used to be the Dining floor. Unfortunately, John was caught in that odd situation where he was knocked against the wall by the human explosives used to widen the entrance, and both units saw him. One Insurrectionist aimed the nozzel of his morbid weapon, and the air was tense.IC: [PFC Raz O'Brien]"And if I find it?" O'Brien flashed a marker onto Berrien's HUD, indicating a position about twenty meters from the rubble pile that O'Brien stood on. "It's on its side, but from here, the thing looks to be useable. Shall we take a closer look?"Without much thought, the young Marine removed one hand from his assault rifle and patted the hardpoint on his thigh where his sidearm rested.IC: [AA Turret - Brute withdrawal]The Minor tripped from the unexpected force of the pistol, crashing to the ground and falling behind the pack. This one almost seemed terrified, shooting off hasty rounds of a human shotgun that it had improvised use of in lieu of the lack of Jiralhanae weapons. The pellets bounced harmlessly off one of the Hunter's shields, whom the Jiralhanae had feared would come for it. The armor the Minor wore was damaged in the shot leg, and was not cooperating. Finding himself crippled, all he could do was roar in defiance and fire off rounds in hopes of deterring a one-way fate.~~~Macabethus' helmet crackled to life and a frail, rhasping voice hailed him."Macabethus, what has become of Motamephus? We tried contacting him, assuming the mission had been a success.. Graceful Buzzard is in orbit and undetected thus far. We need to know: Do you need evacuation?"The frail voice then trailed off, waiting for reply from the Jiralhanae who now found himself in command- apparantly, Motamephus had been felled in his assault on the Turret while Macabethus had been ordered to deal with the snipers.

Edited by Vak Il Mio Amore

IC: Zarana Fehra Veru & Kaldera Fehra Selre | Battle of New Venice | AA Gun: Brute RetreatThe puny shotgun round pinged off of Kaldera's shield. It was a relief that it hadn't gotten past his armor -- one eel lost was enough in his book -- but he saw easy pickings with the fallen Minor. A subsonic rumble of petty satisfaction escaped him as he took aim and fired at the Minor, his bond-sister still chasing off the rest.-Inferna

OOC : Indeed. However, the thing is, we started LATE. And February 4th is the first Contest... Oh boy. Also, I like the name.PFC Willy Berrien IC (Stuck on the back) :Then it doesn't matter I still call it. Eh, you can take it." He started over there, curious as to what the Private was doing tapping his side arm... He switched his Shotgun for his SMG, not knowing what was going on.Captain Macabethus IC (More bloody snipers at the AA Gun) : The radio had silenced, and he dreaded answering... "He has fallen. The Humans are pushing us back. We will need to evacuate the position. We will be abou..." Suddenly a sniper shot rang through the air and struck the Captain. "GRAH! Fall back! Get to cover! We need to get out now!"Staff Sergeant Davian Thule IC (And the shots rang clear) : He lowered his rifle. A small expletive to himself, and he aimed again, this time primed to kill. He aimed the rifle to a small unprotected region of the Brute Captain's throat, the toughest shot the Sergeant had to shoot at in a while. He was about to pull the trigger when something stopped him. It was strange. He saw the pain that the Captain was in, and he actually felt pity for him."Maybe he's second in command?"PO 2nd Class Lyn Carter IC (The Storm's Recession) :She got him, and noticed the Hunter taking aim at it. She shrugged off the image it produced, and kept firing at the other Brutes. If they were retreating, then she'd be lost if she didn't make it hard for them.

IC: [Colin Ferris]Colin hit the floor, and gasped as the air was knocked out of him. He rolled over, scrambling to his hands and knees, grabbing at his shotgun. He rose from behind the counter and fired two shotgun rounds into the closest hellbringer's gas tank, hoping the shots would ignite the fuel within.[Vume Chavamai]Vume moved slowly towards the Sangheili responsible for saving his life, his shoulders slumped with exhaustion, his armor covered in blood. "Many thanks. "

IC [sgt. Seah]:"Urggh--f@#$." John let out a curse with his breath as he glanced at the nozzle of a flamethrower. He had never seen Flamer Units in action before, how sad that the first time would probably be his last. No. Not done yet.John rolled to the side just as the flamer licked his armor's back. He could feel the heat and continued rolling, managing to get behind a pillar. Hopefully Colin would have a clear shot at them. Then in an unanticipated move, John jumped the closest flamer unit, knife in hand, vying for blood.IC [shawn D-042]:Shawn leaned around the door and fired plasma bolts at the stunned and injured Elites, helping the shotties finish them off.IC [Pvt. Serrox]: "Well, I guess that's that!" He reloaded his Sniper Rifle and leaned back on a crumbling pillar and watched the remnants of the carnage.

IC: [Graceful Buzzard - In geosynchronis orbit above Eiro Jima]The rhasping, decrepit voice responded after quite the pause. It seemed filled with concentration, albeit reservation."Proceed.. To these coordinates. We will not have long to move, so do be prepared for a Grav Lift exfiltration. How many remain?"There seemed to be murmurings behind the voice- as if the entire Bridge were alight in debate.IC: [Anti Aircraft Turret Site]The Minor seemed to plead- all for naught, as the deadly, radioactive fuel rod blasts vaporized the surrendering creature. Two more Minors raised their glowering, red plasma rifles at the Mgalekgolo and fired several bursts, trying to deter the juggernauts from the main force. Not far off, two darker-blue armored Jiralhanae moved up to the side of Macabethus, one activating a Kig-Yar shield gauntlet that faced towards the area where the sniper shots rang off. "Pack Leader," the word sounded foreign on the Jiralhanae's mouth, as if he himself were struggling to recognize the death of Metomephus. "We will shield you from the mongrel snipers and their cowardly warfare. We are yours, shield and club."~~~~~~~~~The security officer, although shaken by the death of his comrade, showed the intensity of O.N.I. psych training as he stood up without so much as a shudder, and offered his hand to the pilot. "What's your name, soldier? Can you walk with some support?"By now the two were well out of the line of fire- The Scottsman and marines of Charlie-Red were pushing up past them, ringing off warning shots to the Brutes."We should get you to the field medic stationed over by the sniper's nest."~~~~~~~~~The O.N.I. Officer with two razor sharp projectiles in each leg seemed to finally slow and control his breathing, after having morphine applied. His companion called over to the Marine (Pvt. Serrox) and ODST (Staff Sergeant Thule) snipers, beckoning them to aid him."To stop the bleeding short and hold him over until MedEvac arrives, we're going to remove the spikes and insert biofoam. I'll need to be quick in the event that one of the spikes manages to shred a critical arterie, so I'll need you both to pull simultaneously. Even with morphine, he's gonna feel it."The fellow officer nodded bravely and beneath his security visor, his face was breaking out in beads of sweat. "I'm ready.. you boys think you can do this for me?"IC: [PFC Raz O'Brien]"Nahh, you can drive. I was never one to impress during Drivers Ed- only got through the dang thing because I was "close" with the "passenger". Besides, I've trained for Mongoose piggybacked combat."He gave a wry smile and slid down the hill of concrete, twisted metal, and scrap. The marine had stopped subconsciously fumbling with his sidearm, and scanned the area carefully as he edged closer to the overturned four-wheeler. "You any good at checking the mechanics of these things?"Raz had a sort of city-slicker accent in his voice, something from the streets of New Jersey on Earth. It was a rapidly diminishing trait, slowly giving way as Earth developed more and more under the UNSC and planetary colonization plans that had been in act since long before the Human-Covenant War.IC: [specOps Commander B'kar Vilaekt]"Think nothing of it, brother. You have fought long and hard without respite."The Commander looked around as his men moved into the Core and attached a device purely of Sangheili genius and design- It would get into the colony's hivemind and change who they perceived as Friend or Foe- effectively taking control of the Scarab. "Do you wish to be withdrawn from the battle? Our dropship is imbound for pick-up. Four of my men will remain on this war machine and safely escort it into a Sangheili military camp. Shor', yourself, the Rangers, and the Uron Clan member have all earned a ride out."The Sangheili looked over the smoking horizon- On one side, flashes and booms continued to resound as the southern part of the predominantly human city came under a fresh assault. Opposite it, to the north, lay a dust cloud of rubble and a Company of humans- Tanks, "Warthogs", and infantry- marched to rescue their comrades."Our part in this fight is over with. Our Carrier and Destroyer are now combing through the skies for potential enemy ships- Rumor is that they have a planned evacuation, if you care to be informed."IC: [south Rome St. Hotel - Hellbringer Assault]The casing of the flamethrower's container flashed as the pellets impacted. When the light returned to normal it was obvious that most projectile weapons weren't strong enough to penetrate the casing. The man yelled as he spotted Colin, "There's another! Torch him!"The only response he got from his companion was a terrified shriek as John Seah came at him with a knife. The man tried to veer the flamethrower's deadly spit into the direction of this deadly charge, only to be knocked off balance attempting to parry a blow. In the incident, however, the flames managed to lick at John's foot before the flamethrower was dropped and the safety automatically engaged, shutting it off due to the lack of pressure on the trigger.