Rpg Halo: Retribution

OOC : Took more than two days to post this! Ha! I think I've made a record! Also, I've claimed page 14!PFC Willy Berrien IC (Let's Ride) :Willy was amazed that the Mongoose still worked. He looked at O'Brien. "Let's hope they don't have any Gauss Turrets up yet, eh?" He climbed aboard and started the engine. "So you think we could surprise those Innies?"Captain Macabethus IC (Retreat from the Anti-Air Gun) : "A small amount over half." The answer took forever. The sudden appearance of the guards had surprised him. "Yes. We get out now. This day has seen enough ruin." He yelled out to the other troops to rally at the extraction point.Staff Sergeant Davian Thule IC (Surprise Surprise) : He looked at the Captain, and saw some shields pop up from nowhere. "Well, this is... Isn't he like the Captain Blue? Not all fancy like?" He trained his rifle on the one without the shield, and now just waited.PO 2nd Class Lyn Carter IC (The Storm's Recession) :She looked over at the officer, and replied simply. "PO 2nd Class Lyn Carter, sir." Not one to normally refuse help up, she grabbed the Officer's hand and climbed up. "I'm sure I can still walk, but thanks for the offer." She started to slowly limp, not a large limp, but noticeable, on over to where the officer had stated, knowing he was over her authority. "So what is your name?"Major Thar' Mentra IC (Incoming attack) : "Sir," Thar looked over at the his commander, and shot a question. "What am I to do? We have reports of a small ODST squad in the south..."

Edited by Lavama

"Boss! Da needle is pointin' in da red! Dat ain't good!"
"Course it's good ya squealin' runt! Red goes fastah!"

Orks... Such wonderfully simple creatures.

OOC: Sorry guys, rough week for me, wasn't able to get on much. I've got a rehearsal and I'm supposed to go on a dinner date. I'll serve up some hot, spicy postin' love sometime this evening! Also, somebody threaten to hurt me if I don't send out those activity notice messages >_< I keep meaning to and just can't get around to it.EDIT- Alright, I've come to a synthesis on the question of the Guass turret upstairs, as will be detailed IC.Lavama,Who's Thar referring to again? I honestly don't remember where he was last or what he was doing >_<IC: [Graceful Buzzard - Low Orbit]Shattered streets were like the shattered skeletons of snakes on the surface below. Large pillar-like buildings rose to meet the sky, going higher as they went farther inland. Near the coastline Anti-Aircraft turret, however, were mostly small piers and drydocks that rested gently against the lapping ocean waves. Because of this fact alone, the Graceful Buzzard was able to sink low into the sky with camoflauge activated.On the bridge of the aforementioned Corvette, the frail voice rhasped, "Are the shields and weapons at their appropriate charges?""Yes, shipmaster. Shielding energy has been diverted into weapons. Energy is being maintained for cloaking.""Good, we won't have long to do this... Fire.""Plasma torpedos away, shipmaster."Below, a small body of humans gave chase to the retreating Jiralhanae forces. The Anti Aircraft turret had been busily firing away, turning the coastal battle in favor of the defenders. By now there were no more craft to fire at with the exception of an Insurrection-controlled frigate. The turret hadn't fired at it however, much to the interest of the crew of Graceful Buzzard.When the ship's plasma torpedos were fired, the camoflauge temporarily gave way and it winked into the visible spectrum of existence. Three torpedos had been launched: All of them were aimed at the large turret. While the corvette waited for the results, it loomed overhead the small collection of remaining Jiralhanae. A veil of seemingly weightless energy extended down to the surace of the planet.IC: [AA Turret- Retreating Jiralhanae]One of the two guards growled to Macabethus, "The gravity lift won't be up for long, pack leader. We implore that you be amongst those taking the first lift into the ship."The one with the shield gauntled cautiously covered Macabethus, looking anxiously about. His partner hefted a red plasma rifle defensively, anxiously looking about.IC: [AA Turret- O.N.I. Officer/Downed Hornet]"Classified, ma'am."There was a hint of amusement on the officer's face, as if he were teasing her. "Our first priority is to make sure you're not too banged up, alright? Without your support, the battle down here might've ended a little differently."IC: [PFC Raz O'Brien]Raz hopped on back, gripping the support bar firmly with one hand and unholstering his sidearm with his other. He kept it in hand as the Mongoose started a slow rumble."Heck if I know. Maybe if they DID have some sort of turret down there, they wouldn't notice the noise this thing makes. If we're lucky, we'll make it there before they atta--" He didn't finished his sentence. In the distance, a large boom was heard. A small plume of smoke shot up from a distant building."That's gotta be where they're at. You sure you wanna do this?"IC: [sergeant Major Antony Graham]"That's a negative Myles. I can't spare any more men. We've got the main front to deal with down here."Antony flicked two of his fingers to where a couple of Marines were hunkered down behind an overturned dining table. At the command, they stood up in unison and lobbed frag grenades. The lobbed grenades were quickly followed with fire from everybody in the lobby."Aim for the Guass turret's gunner! Priority one!"IC: [south Rome Street/Miscellenious Hotel/Upper Floor]Suddenly Myles, Seah, and Ferris received an Uplink request. Those who chose to accept it would find a video feed upload onto their helmets. At their beckoning, the video would play. It would cut in to where the drone had caught footage from a window that had been blown out by shellshock. Inside was the room that the three soldiers upstairs had been quarreling about.Two humans in grey fatigues and civilian shirts covered with bulletproof vests stood by the turret that had been brought onto the upper floor. Beside them was a Kig-Yar, who seemed to be beckoning viciously towards the turret. Audio then cut in,"Listen, ya little turkey. Yer mafia leader-figure said that ya'd help us get this thing up here unnoticed so that we could lay fire on any UNSC cronies who try to play rescue. Whaddya mean you want payment here and now? We paid the **** phony."Shrill screeching came from the Kig-Yar. It pointed vigorously again. The Drone panned to show five more Kig-Yar in the background as well as a dozen other Insurrectionist humans. They were all busy mumbling to themselves, the two races having come to an obvious disagreement.The Video-Feed was marked as live.OOC: I'm pretty tired right now, so please go out of your way to tell me if I missed a response and I'm leavin' somebody hanging. :P

Edited by Vak Il Mio Amore

IC [sgt. Seah]:Seah grinned. This could lead to a confrontation amongst Innies if they played things right. "Guys, we need to create an action there that will allow them to take care of each other. Something that would really set them off and gun each other down. Any ideas?"OOC: Vak, Pvt. Serrox is still pulling a Spike outta a ONI officer.

GT: Voyagerin

"The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong, is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong,

it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair."

IC: Kenneth Aodh: Near South Rome Street:Flames leaped from Kenneth's flamethrower and consumed a couple insurrectionists. He looked around. The group his squad had run into was mostly dead or bleeding out. A couple innies who had escaped major injury were scampering away. He looked ahead. The rest of his squad was about 20 yards ahead of him. He started moving towards them.Crack!As Kenneth flew forward onto the ground several chunks of wood landed on either side of him. He just barely broke his fall with his hands, and the shattered remains of a large piece of wood clattered next to him.The world was a blur. The ground retreated as he was picked up by something. It rushed up to meet him again and he slammed into it. He rolled over. The fist of an elite was pulled back and about to be thrust into his jaw.There was a particularly sharp chunk of wood next to him. He grabbed it and shoved it into the elite's wrist. His opponent stumbled backwards a couple steps, focused on pulling out the wood.Kenneth grabbed another sharp-looking wood splinter and pushed himself up. He stepped forward. The elite looked up and threw a right hook, his left wrist crippled. Kenneth stumbled right, raising his left arm. The fist went under his arm, which he then clamped to his side. He stabbed the other shard of wood into the elite's other wrist. Just after this, he was flung to the ground. He was almost up when the elite charged forward, shoulder first. Kenneth fell over to his left and the elite rushed past him. He got on his feet as the elite turned around and tried again. This time, Kenneth punched the shard of wood in the elite's wrist as he sidestepped. The elite stumbled and dropped to his knees.Kenneth lunged forward and put both hands on the elite's chin. He twisted it left with all his strength.Snap!The elite was dead weight. He let go and it fell to the ground. He walked over to his flamethrower and picked it up. He started walking in the direction he thought his squad had gone.OOC: Alright, so is there someone near the entrance of this hotel to spot me, or do I have to wander in?

IC: Zac, Spartan 0017I walk in with a shotgun and a rocket launcher on my back. "Hey what's goin on? Iwas told to come here by command,"

Edited by Alt. D

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

IC: Sgnt. Leah Brady (UNSC Hellbringer) | Battle of New Venice | South Rome Street (near Kenneth)By the time Leah had managed to backtrack enough to help her wayward squadmate, she found that her assistance was unrequired, per usual for Kenneth. The visor of her helmet hid her relieved expression as she jogged to meet him, her flamethrower in hand, nozzle pointed down for safety. She looked past him at the corpse of his attacker and whistled in admiration of his handiwork. "I keep saying that the commander worries too much about you."OOC: Glad I can finally use this gal. ^_^ The Fehra's are officially idle near the AA Gun until someone addresses them (and if you could indicate in an OOC when that happens, I'd appreciate it; I'm not always paying attention).-Inferna

IC: Kenneth Aodh: Near South Rome Street:"Too worried is synonymic with worried." Kenneth said. "Hello, Leah! Good to know at least one person noticed my absence."He started taking off his helmet. "My nose bleedin'? I think I might have a concussion."

- :burnmad:

IC: Srgt. Leah "Trouble" Brady (Hellbringer) | Battle of New Venice | South Rome St w/ Kenneth"I wouldn't take the helmet off in the open," Leah advised, checking to make sure her lid was securely fastened to her armor with one hand while carrying the flamethrower in the other, head on a swivel the whole time. "Wait until we regroup with the squad inside the hotel before checking."-Inferna

Ohgod.Anywhere i can jump in? I'm so out of the loop, and tired, and such, so someone recap me as to what happened and how much time, if any, has passed since Kiro passed out. T'would be nice to get back into this :P

I've been searchin' for the daughter of the Devil Himself,

​I've been searchin' for an Angel in White,

​I've been lookin for a woman who's a little of both,

​and I can sense her but she's nowhere in sight,
Cause I can't find a banner ;_;

IC: Zac Spartan 0017"What's going on?!"

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

IC: Srgt. Leah "Trouble" Brady (Hellbringer) | Battle of New Venice | Near South Rome StShaking her head in a smirk, hidden by her helmet, the Sergeant began retracing her steps to the hotel, keeping an eye on their surroundings in case another Innie popped out like a killer jack-in-the-box. Her sooty-green armor made her stand out a bit, but not by a lot. With all the destruction about, everyone looked worse for wear.-Inferna

OOC: I was hoping you'd at some point ask me how many fingers you were holding up. XPIC: Master Srgt. Kenneth Aodh: Near South Rome Street:After a short while, Kenneth began idly drumming his fingers on his armor. This quickly turned into humming. Which eventually turned into singing. He had just finished singing a six-or-seven-hundred year old song called Company Store when they arrived at their destination. He knocked on the shattered remains of one wall as they strode in.As soon as the various people he wasn't good friends with were near him, he became silent and barely one word could be heard from him.

- :burnmad:

Edited by Burnmad: Toa of Emoticons

OOC:Alt. D - For future interaction, you should give us an idea of where your character is right now. If you need help finding a place, just PM me and I can tell you what's going on right now!Kini - Last I saw, Kiro was still onboard the Scarab. The Scarab is currently moving on a predestined course to Eiro Jima's local Kaidon's Citadel. B'kar and a few of his squad members moved ahead in a Phantom to make sure the way is clear from borders. The belly of the Scarab has been put to use as a temporary medical bay with sanitary blankets laid out and the medically-trained member of B'kar's squad tending to wounded there. Among those wounded are Vume and two others. Shor' Talas is also down there, manning the turret in the open bay to watch out for borders. B'kar's second in command is up top with the two remaining squad members.You could probably insert him as waking up in the belly of the Scarab- They've just started moving a bit ago.That said, if nobody posts after me I'll update this post with IC content after school! If somebody does post after me, expect a new one!

K thanks

Edited by Alt. D

IC: [Colin Ferris]"We modify my plan a bit and those innies should do all the work for us."Colin looked at Seah, "You and I will go in with the gauntlets, firing on the innies with some plasma weaponry. If we back out fast enough, they should think the Jackals have double crossed them."He then looked at Myles, "if not, that's where you come in. Seah and I will have to hightail it outta there, with them hopefully running right into our marksman's line of sight. Which is you."He picked up a plasma grenade, "And, if we get lucky we can use these little buggers to take out the gauss turret at the same time. It's a win win no matter which way it goes. Except for the possibility of dying part, but that's more of an occupational hazard."

I want you to hit me as hard as you can.

Something on your mind, Dear?

Hey, you created me. I didn't create some loser alter-ego to make myself feel better. Take some responsibility!

IC: Srgt. Leah "Trouble" Brady (Hellbringer) | Battle of New Venice | Near South Rome StLeah was tempted to comment on Kenneth's behavor -- singing in a hot zone wasn't exactly keeping a low profile -- but after considering their ranks, she decided to let it go. He was perfectly capable of taking care of himself, and in any case, they were in the same building as their squadron. Just to make sure, as they passed through the door to the hotel (former hotel now), the woman turned her head towards the Staff Sergeant, and lifted her hand up, clenching three fingers. "How many fingers can you see?"OOC: Happy now, Burnmad? :P-Inferna

OOC: Well it's too late now. Since we're in the same building as the rest of the squad Kenneth won't say much (well, unless some sort of alchoholic beverage is involved), let alone something funny. Also, I assume clench means those fingers are down?IC: Master Srgt. Kenneth Aodh: Near South Rome Street:"Two," Kenneth said quietly.

Edited by Burnmad: Toa of Emoticons

OOC: Pretty much. Also, never say those sorts of things to me: saying he'll need to be inebriated just makes me interested. >=DIC: Srgt Leah "Trouble" Brady (Hellbringer) | Battle of New Venice | Near South Rome St (Hotel)"Good, no concussion." Leah took her flamethrower and the underslung grenade launcher back into both hands, and looked at the commander for further orders.OOC: I guess Vak (or someone similar) could IC the squad leader, if not one of us. =)-Inferna

OOC: I'm not opposed to player-controlled NPCs if they're either temporary or not too important. Otherwise, a simple character sheet PM'd to me makes them somebody you can use and develop more. ^_^I'm sorry my activity has been horrible this week. Lotsa stress between rehearsals, preseason, a sick brother, and the like. Been getting some writers block as flak for all the stuff I do. I'll do my best to try and get something done by tomorrow on this RPG. If you guys can stick with me through the Spring, I promise my consistency will most certainly bloom :P If you have a character relying on me, but you feel confident in what you're doing, you have my permission until tomorrow to further your character or plot however you see fit. Otherwise, if your character's not too tied up, try interacting with some other players!

IC:"Ferris, don't trash your career on insubordiantion," Myles told him. "I'll make the orders. You're right about dealing with them though. Here's the plan: I'll stay down here, you get up a story and take cover behind the stairwell wall. I'll take out the turret with grenades. When I do, get in there and open fire. They'll be distracted enough to make for easy targets."

Visit the Halo epics Of All Sangheili and Conviction To Conflict! GSs wanted for both!

We all got left behind, we let it all slip away...

IC: [Colin Ferris]Colin blinked. "Insubordination? Last time I was threatened with that was after I popped my CO. I was simply responding to my squadmate, sir. He wanted suggestions, I gave him one." The ODST shook his head, "and honestly, I don't like your plan. It has me and Seah up against more than a dozen ###### off innies who've just lost their favorite toy." Colin looked at Seah, "I don't know about you, but I don't like that plan very much."

Hey, you created me. I didn't create some loser alter-ego to make myself feel better. Take some responsibility!

IC [sgt, Seah]:"With respect to the chain of command, I politely disagree, Myles. Without that respect, I'd argue that you are trying to get me killed, a room full of disarrayed enemies are still fatal to one ODST by the doorway. I recommend sowing dissent and causing confusion. Your plan would have them being alerted to our attack." Seah said with a passive tone, not wanting a fight to break out amongst his own ranks.Ferris' plan wasn't rock solid either, but it had a better chance of survival than the Myles'."Or we could compromise, and first make them think the Jackals have betrayed them, then rain nades on them from the stairwell."

GT: Voyagerin

"The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong, is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong,

it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair."

IC: "Walking into an area with a gauss turret it suicide, Sergeant. Those gunners are just waiting for a target. They'll have their sights trained on you the second you step into sight. A jackal gauntlet won't protect you from that, it will rip you to pieces, especially provided the narrow space and lack of cover within it. And you can't take cover behind the wall either; the blast radius will still get you. You charge in either way, you're as good as gone. And jackals aren't known for using grenades, so I doubt the innies will buy that tact. No, we're not going either way. We'll need back up to pull something like this off, like men on the adjacent rooftop. The windows would make targeting simple. We were right beforehand, we need back up, but Graham is busy."The innies can pack a punch up there, but luckilly, their survival odds aren't good beyond. So if we can't charge the above floor, we could lure them down, take them out covertly. It is pretty dark down here. Although, there's holes in that plan as well."Look, we don't have many options. We wait for reinforcements and run the risk of the innies making their way down, in which we'd be forced into a covert combat role, or we can plan for it and lure them. Either way, it's far from ideal, but we can't step into range of that gauss; they've dug it in too well."

Edited by ~Wish~

Visit the Halo epics Of All Sangheili and Conviction To Conflict! GSs wanted for both!

We all got left behind, we let it all slip away...

IC: Staff Sergeant Rachel Cass (hotel) Rachel, who by this point had may her way back to the others, was quietly listening to them exchange plans with growing frustration. Every second they spent arguing as more time for the innies downstairs to overwhelm their defenses and possibly catch them in a pincer. At that point, it wouldn't have mattered who went where to take down the gauss turret. "Hey, does anyone know if that AA gun's been taken out yet?" she suddenly spoke up, "If it has, we could just call in some airsupport and let them handle the turret."

IC: [Colin Ferris]Colin felt his eye twitch, and breathed in deeply to prevent himself from doing something he would regret."Sir. There are no gunners on the turret. The live feed just showed us that. Basic psychology tells us that under pressure, people move to stereotypes in their head. Any covenenat forces are immediately associated with plasma weaponry. The shields aren't for protection, but to further that ruse. Any figure crouched behind them is obscured enough that a single glance wouldn't give us away as UNSC forces. The Innies would have no reason to assume it's anything but a backstab. You saw the vid, they're on edge as it is. All we're doing is playing on their fears and letting them do the work for us.Colin took one more breath, knowing that he was towing a line here. He'd done it before though, and he wasn't afraid to do it again."What you're asking us to do unifies them as a force and gives them an enemy they can agree on. Us. I don't know about you, but I don't think three ODSTs can take on more than twenty ###### off opponents." He looked into Myles visor, "We now have information showing us that they are not happy with each other. It is preoccuping their time and focus. You want us to give them their focus back. I do not like that plan and I do not agree with it. My plan is not perfect, not by a long shot, but no plan in a battlefield ever is. If you continue to push forward with your idea, I will walk away. I do not like the idea of dying. If you can come up with a plan that does not end up with us in a shoot out with a larger and more well armed force, I'll be happy to hear it, but this plan I cannot agree to."Having said his piece as calmly as he could, Colin waited for a response.

OOC:

IC: [south Rome Street/Miscellenious Hotel/Upper Floor]Suddenly Myles, Seah, and Ferris received an Uplink request. Those who chose to accept it would find a video feed upload onto their helmets. At their beckoning, the video would play. It would cut in to where the drone had caught footage from a window that had been blown out by shellshock. Inside was the room that the three soldiers upstairs had been quarreling about.Two humans in grey fatigues and civilian shirts covered with bulletproof vests stood by the turret that had been brought onto the upper floor. Beside them was a Kig-Yar, who seemed to be beckoning viciously towards the turret. Audio then cut in,"Listen, ya little turkey. Yer mafia leader-figure said that ya'd help us get this thing up here unnoticed so that we could lay fire on any UNSC cronies who try to play rescue. Whaddya mean you want payment here and now? We paid the **** phony."Shrill screeching came from the Kig-Yar. It pointed vigorously again. The Drone panned to show five more Kig-Yar in the background as well as a dozen other Insurrectionist humans. They were all busy mumbling to themselves, the two races having come to an obvious disagreement.The Video-Feed was marked as live.

From Vak.

OOC:@ Wish.We can accept your leaving, but please, just because you don't like something that's happening, or the actual events don't agree, doesn't mean you're justified in just leaving.While i'd like you to stay (this RPG needs all the people it can get) i can't stop you from leaving either.Just remember that leaving because you don't like something isn't the best thing to do. You're not the GM, so try not to make things happen randomly.

OOC:I'm not saying it has anything to do with your not liking the RPG.What i'm saying is that you're not liking that you're going in circles because people are refusing to go along with what you're saying. What I'm saying is that you can leave, but just realize that people playing the RPG rarely listen blindly to what staff say, let along another player.Everyone's character is their character, and will act as such. If you're annoyed simply because someone's character refuses to listen to yours, then i suggest you take a bit of a break from TBRPGs and reevaluate your situation. It's nothing to get angry about as it happens all the time, and even those with characters who are higher rank than their subordinates can pull rank, but the subordinates don't have to go down without a fight. Everyone's going to debate orders if they're bad, and i'm sure it'll happen to me.Heck, i'll enjoy it when it does.FINAL WORD: Please don't get annoyed if another player doesn't agree with you. It's part of the RPGing process and adds some development to the story. In fact, i encourage you to have your character argue anything he/she would deem wrong, as it'll only make the experience better. Even if your character gets bashed around a bit.Moreso i encourage you to Argue with Vak's characters if you don't like what they're doing >=D*Listens to Coheed and Cambria's "The Broken""I'm baaaaack~

Edited by Lord Kini Hawkeye

OOC:I based all that on the content of your posts and the events leading up to it. Can't help it if all i saw was "I'm going to leave because no one's listening to me"Whatever your reasons, you'll probably be kept on the list in case you want to rejoin in the future.IC:{Special Operations Ultra}{Kiro Uron}Kiro's groggy eyes opened slightly, revealing a most peculiar sight. He was still on the Scarab, that much was sure, but the entirety of the lower deck had been converted to a Field Hospital. He tried to stand, but as he moved his head exploded with pain and he was forced to lay back down. Trying to move his arm hurt as well, and he felt sure that there were still pieces of needle shrapnel inside the wound.And then it hit him. Not only was he in the scarab, but his armor and weapons were gone.His mind panicked, expecting that he'd been taken prisoner by those who owned the scarab, but upon seeing two of the elites he recognised from during the battle, he visibly relaxed. Attendants rushed over to him, running tests and pressing buttons. He heard a small hiss, and slowly fell back into sleep.It wouldn't last long though. just long enough for the remainder of the shrapnel to be removed and hopefully save the Elder Sangheli's life.

OOC: Aye, Kini's right with preeeeetty much everything he said. There've been plenty of times in my RP experience where players across a wide spectrum of talent have forgone orders I might've given them, etc. That's the magic of an RPG: Reacting to the situations and conflicts before your very eyes in-character. I set up the Innie conflict situation to explicitly give logic as to why there's a guass turret inside the building. It'd be nonsense for them to bring one in and just set up in one cooridoor pointing down another with a gauss weapon.If you're insisting on leaving, then we wish ya the best. I'll do my best to preserve your characters in the event that you come back. Usually if you find yourself "going in circles", but the RPGs continue to succeed in delivering others entertainment, then you should be reevaluating why you roleplay and what you can do to make yourself simply enjoy it.If any of the fed-upness is with my inactivity, it's unfortunately that time of year for me and it's my senior year, so I'm making things go out with a bang :P It's all pretty bad right now with a myriad of Showtime rehearsals eating up time I'd normally have, but thankfully auditions are in about a week and that'll be out of the way for a small while. By May, however, most of the extra-curicular I'm involved with start to end and my free time goes *fwooshback.*Until then, I'll try to get on and post when I have the time and writing ability. Speaking of... :PAlright, I'ma shower real quick (gotta be squeaky clean for formal tonight :P), and I'll be back to edit in my IC responses.Here's my current qeue:SpartansONI Officer (Spik'd)Myles @ CompanyHellbringersGrahamScarab Belly^If there are any groups or characters that you feel won't be getting a reaction that have been waiting on one, please do feel free to tell me! I've lost track a bit of who's been responded to and who might have possibly been left out. Be back very very soon!

OOC: Pretty much. Also, never say those sorts of things to me: saying he'll need to be inebriated just makes me interested. >=DIC: Srgt Leah "Trouble" Brady (Hellbringer) | Battle of New Venice | Near South Rome St (Hotel)"Good, no concussion." Leah took her flamethrower and the underslung grenade launcher back into both hands, and looked at the commander for further orders.OOC: I guess Vak (or someone similar) could IC the squad leader, if not one of us. =)-Inferna

IC(Private Paul Harris in hotel during the Battle of New Venice; saluting Sergeant Leah)

"Sir!"Behind Sergeant Leah stood another soldier in the typical armor of a flamethrower trooper; his armor still shining from little training excersices in the suit. The rookie Private Paul Harris had only just arrived at the battle with little to no briefing and was waiting in the hotel when a sergeant arrived. Remebering the "manners" of war, the private salutes his higher ranking sister in arms.OOC: Okay, finally have my post up. :D Could I get a brief history on the battle that's taking place in the battle of New Venice?-Mef Man

IC: [sgt.Maj. Antony Graham]Three soldiers in the familiar suit of UNSC flamethrower units entered through a side door that Private Sanduski had kept locked down. From where the Sergeant Major was, he waved over to the trio and spoke into their COMM, "Flamethrower units? Now that's something we could use. You guys can't do much down here..."Graham paused as another Gauss Turret round impacted the reinforced siding of the hotel. Debris fluttered down en masse. Two ODSTs popped off a few shots at the turret, the only reward being the sound of metal pinging off metal."There's something going on up a few floors though. You know, close-quarters work. Right down your alley. Here, I'll upload NAV point of the commanding officer upstairs, Allen Myles. Get up to him and the other three (OOC: I'm assuming Rachel's with them..?), they'll fill you in on the situation. Understood?" The Sergeant Major of the ODSTs paused a moment, then added "Where's the rest of your squad? You're the first flamethrower unit I've seen all day."Where's the rest of our forces? Shouldn't they be here by now? Innies aren't gonna be poking at us for long..In an attempt to deter his thoughts, Graham turned his attention to the soldiers upstairs. "Wish granted Myles. The big guy upstairs must've seen your plight and sent you three blazing angels. Also, to answer Cass's inquiry: I'm not getting a reading from the Anti-Aircraft turret. It was working last I'd been updated, but I'm not getting any successful uplinks with it. We'll be on our own with that.. Not that it'd help our present situation much in the first place."IC: [spartans - Edward]Edward nodded and chanced an uplink with Aaron. "Sir, got seven Innies on radar. We're in position and awaiting the order to move in for the kill." After a brief respite of silence the voice of Red Team's lead spartan replied, "We're in position, Blue Team. Door hacking program is planted. When we breach the door from our side, you come through the Maintenance Cooridoor entrance in a flanking position. Out."Edward held his fist in the position on my go. Then, he waited.Suddenly a faint beep indicating the opening of a door sounded, and the rattle of rifle fire. Edward nodded at Terra to open the door and he hefted his gun at the ready. "Kill Innies, and Innies alone. There are prisoners aboard the bridge. Repeat, prisoners aboard the bridge."IC: [AA Turret- Sniper Nest]The Officer bit down in pain as Serrox and the other sniper yanked in unison. His squadmate, without hesitation, quickly applied a small insertion of biofoam to fill the torn muscles. In lightning succession, he began to wrap gauze tightly around each of the legs. "Nice and easy, nice and easy.. you're gonna be all right, amicus."The gauze held tightly, and only a slight pinkness stained where the Officer's legs had taken spikes. The one that had administered the treatment nodded to the snipers, "Thanks for the assist. Our CO should be rounding up the troops here any mo--"The officer's words cut out as a terrible shudder filled the drydock area where the turret had been situated. Above, an ominous and purple vessel winked into existence. As soon as it had appeared, it had fired. Three brilliant lances of plasma energy streaked towards the turret. The automatic turret vainly tried to shoot the incoming targets, to no avail. A large plume went up as the three impacted within seconds of eachother: Brilliant purple-blue clouds shot outward, mixed with a hazy smoke of reds, oranges, and yellows. The turret had been destroyed.The O.N.I. man's training brought him back to a reality of the present danger. Rather than watch the deadly, brilliant explosion he turned his attentions to getting orders. "Captain, sir? Status? Orders?"He waited, straining to hear through the uproar of static and groaning metal.IC: [scarab Belly - Medical station]The Scarab jolted through the city. The farther it went, the less and less smoke filled the view. They were now within two kilometers of the Kaidon's keep. In the distance, it stood as an impressive display of Sangheili power and political might.The Medical Officer sighed to himself as the last of the critical shrapnel were removed. He nodded to his fellow Special Operations brothers, and one applied a sort of shock to Kiro- To wake up him into a world of fresh pain. A world where he could adjust and vow vengeance against those who had wounded him so.In the distant end of the bay where Shor' sat by a turret, a primitive human-made radio the Jiralhanae had brought on board played broadcasts throughout the city. They were mostly the annoying human news crews, but some held satisfactory information. One of the reports gained a keen interest of those in the Scarab:"It appears that a Brute-controlled Ex-Covenant vessel has seemingly materialized above the drydock harbors. Ship captains have had ample time to reply to the sudden appearance and attack. More details as the scenario develops."

IC(Private Paul Harris being briefed by Sergeant Major Anthony Graham in hotel during the Battle of New Venice)

"Yes, Sir," the private says while saluting and turning toward the others. "Would you like to lead the way, or do I have permission to take point?" he asks Leah. He'd let the Sergeant lead the way-assuming she was the highest in command-unless instructed otherwise. He was eager to begin his first day in the field and was ready to burn anything that stood in his way.-Mef Man

IC: Sgnt Leah "Trouble" Brady (Hellbringer) | Battle of New Venice | Hotel; En Route to Assist "Took off on their own, I suppose, sir," Leah replied, saluting to the Sergeant Major before turning to the others, addressing the Private. "Master Sergeant Kenneth will take point; you stay flanking him. I'll provide you with backup. Let's move out."It was an astonishing day, though the Private might not know of it. Rarely would Leah Brady -- who had earned the nickname "Trouble" from being the one that preferred leading the pack in training -- let a rookie take a flank-point position in a hot zone.-Inferna