Rpg Halo: Retribution

IC- Rex and Mato: The two made their way to another Spartan, carving a trail of blood behind them. "Innies," Rex growled, reloading his M45. He recognized Cassandra from training. He caught her attention and gave a Spartan Smile. "Looks like we have our work cut out for us." Red, yellow, and white dots flashed on Rex's HUD, and he filled an innie Elite with a belly of lead.IC- Saur: The door opened, and Marines sprang out, killing a Jackal Sniper quickly. The Murmillo strafed to the side, killed a human with quick, controlled bursts from his Plasma Pistol. Saur leaped, snarling, and dug the blade of his Energy Dagger into a Marine's neck while firing his Plasma Pistol at another.

IC: [Vume Chavamai]Vume had paired up with another Sangheili as they continued to clear the street. His new partner, a minor, was in charge of clearing civilians while Vume kept attackers at bay. Removing his sword from a dying human, Vume turned and faced a large Elite, wearing armor splattered with human blood. The enemy sangheili raised a carbine and opened fire on the minor elite as it was attempting to get a young Sangheili out of the battlefield. The shots slammed into the minor as it covered its current charge with his body. Its shields broke and Vume saw the rich purple blood of a Sangheili warrior spill out on the ground.Vume growled and charged, blade once more flaring to life.The other Sangheili reacted quickly, dropping its carbine and drawing out two short crescent blades. The curve blades were like an energy sword split in half and shortened slightly. Vume had some experience with them, but found the weapons distasteful. Vume cut across the sangheili's body, but the strike was blocked by one of the shorter blades. The other blade thrust forward, almost catching Vume on the arm, The swordmasters quick reactions spared him blood loss, but a deep gouge formed from where the weapon bit into his armor. Vume kicked outward, catching his opponent in the chest. The Sangheili stumbled backward, and Vume's sword flew forward, cutting along the Sangheili's arm, drawing blood.The Sangheili roared in frustration, and launched a furious attack, driving Vume backwards. The swordmaster grunted as one of the curved blades nicked his arm. The cut wasn't deep, but it threw Vume off, and his opponent pushed his advantage. Thrusting outward, intending for a killing blow, the arm holding the crescent blade swept inward, intending to cut across Vume and spill his organs upon the pavement. Vume stepped into the arc, causing the Sangheili's arm to slam against Vume. Vume gripped the arm close to his side and twisted his body, sending his opponent to the ground.Vume stepped on the Sanheili's back, then put his sword away. Kneeling down, he gripped his enemy's head and pulled it upward, activating the energy dagger on his opposite wrist. In one swift motion, he pulled the blade across the fallen Sangheili's throat, spilling rich purple blood on the pavement.Getting up, he ran to his partner, who had finished helping the small child get out of danger. Vume took a quick look at the wound, then nodded when he decided that it wasn't fatal. He grabbed the smaller Sangheili by the arm, "You did well, brother. Your actions have saved a life. Now, we must continue."

I want you to hit me as hard as you can.

Something on your mind, Dear?

Hey, you created me. I didn't create some loser alter-ego to make myself feel better. Take some responsibility!

Thomas Hunter- BattlegroundIC:Thomas didn't reply as he grabbed his rifle on the way off the vehicle. He dashed with the others over to the alley that they had taken cover in.When he got there, he raised his scope of his rifle up to his visor, allowing his VISR system to scan the dark windows of the buildings across the street. The result was several red outlines and a couple unknowns... and now green outlines, as a group of marines burst into one of the rooms with the Jackal snipers in it.As the group left cover, he kept his rifle trained on the area of windows that he had spotted the snipers in. The ones on the foofs were a little to busy with a group of Sangheili Rangers that had appeared soon after the fighting started.While they moved down the side walk, he spotted movement in one of the windows, as one of the snipers tried to take a shot at them. Since he was moving, Thomas decided that a head shot would be to risky, instead aiming for center mass with the high powered rifle. The end result was messy, not that Thomas had any time to observe that, as they continued down the sidewalk.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC: [Mike King, Pvt 1st, high above battleground]Mike continuiously shot at many rooftop snipers, and nearly hit a few Sangheili Rangers who were picking off many of the Jackals. Mike sighed, and said "I'm going down there. The Rangers got the Jackal Snipers, I better take some out on ground level". He signaled the pilot to drop low enough for Mike to land on a rooftop, and said a quick goodbye to his squad. He jumped out, landed on the roof, and rolled right into a Jackal. Mike jumped up, but the Jackal had his Focus Rifle trained on him. "Don't move," the Jackal said. Mike smailed, and said "Sure. Just let me do this one last thing..." while taking his M45 off of his back. He whipped it towards the Jackal, and pulled the trigger. The Jackal immediately turned into a messy smudge on the ground, and Mike said "Well, that was lucky..." He quickly hunkered down, grabbed his Sniper rifle, and began to take out some more Skirmishers on the streets, and Insurructionists as well. He quickly ran out of ammo, and cursed himself. He stood up, and began decending into the building, which was strangely empty.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

IC- Saur: Saur picked off several Sangheili Rangers as they accelerated into the sky. A quick EMP burst from his DEP, then a quick headshot with his Type-31. "For Eayn!" he exclaimed, tossing a severed Marine's head down. He enjoyed scare tactics like these. The look on the humans' faces was so good, the Skirmisher savored each one.

OOC: Remember Leonidas, treat the NPC's how they would as if they were on say, heroic difficulty; Your Skirmisher may be good, but no Skirmisher would be able to kill that many so quickly, especailly without even taking injury in the process :PIC: Ranger Elites Saur is shooting atAs the Rangers began to take serious losses, many of them sighed in relief as they got word that the rest of the rangers from the barracks had arrived. The battle above the street was becoming more intense, plasma fire and needles flying about, causing structures from street level to rooftop to be heavily damaged. If a war veteran were to visit the sight, he`d think the Covenant had been through it.Several of them made a jump as a squad to the rooftops on the other side of the road, three of them had been hit by Plasma pistol overcharges, two of the trio being headshotted soon after.The last elite that had been targeted only missed being hit by an inch, the needle scratching the paint off his helmet. The elite's jetpacks shut down from the EMP, and thus he landed on the balcony below the roof he was originally aiming for.Getting up, the Ranger quickly activated his sidearm, an energy sword, as he took note of the enemy Skirmisher on the other end of the balcony, the same one who had just sniped his comrades out of the sky.OOC: Im assuming Saur is on a balcony, as he was aiming at elites above implying he isnt on the roof, yet dropping the human head implys he isnt on the ground either :PAlso, I just noticed that I`ve majorly Derped; ive been acting as if San was using Reach jet packs, when in reality he has the more advanced ones elites have in halo 2, that allow constant flight :PSince it really doesnt change much imma just say he's had the halo 2 packs the entire time, and thus was only flying about like a reach ranger because his momentum made him travel faster. As for the other Rangers, imma just say that some have standard halo 2 packs, while most only have the older limited ones because they were given short notice to get to San's position as fast as possibe. Since the lot of them were in there barracks without orders and didnt have there full gear on at the time, they didnt get the chance to put on there actual packs. (the re enforcments did have a little more time, however, and thus they have the constant-levitation ability the Halo 2 Rangers have) :P--Akaku: master of Flight

"I've brushed with death so often I should start giving him high-fives while I pass."

Recent Work: Return to Forum (2024)
Friend's works: Terrible Comics (2016) | The Guardians of Gevra Nui (2017) | Reborn (2016)
Older Work: The Legends of Taladi Nui (2017)

OOC: To quote my friend Kagha, "Curse you all and your fast moving RPG. >.<":PIC: Ket | New Venice | Jackals on a hot tin roofThere are two types of beings in the universe: Those with honor and those without honor.Fortunately for Ket, she was part of the latter group. The scope of her Needle Rifle had enabled her to spot the reaction her shooting down one of the Sanghelli had caused, so when the enraged Elite took off via jetpack, she had already packed away from the ledge and was readjusting her aim with the rifle. She had a Plasma Pistol and two Plasma Grenades on her hip, but she wasn't ready to pull them out yet.She let fly another needle round before his Plasma Repeater opened fire and she had to start focusing on using her natural Skirmisher agility to evade without falling off the building to a messy death. Push come to shove, she'd throw a grenade and use it as a distraction to escape the scene and take up a new position. Perhaps I could round up some other Skirmishers and ambush those on the roof ...OOC: There are three types of warriors: cowards, suicidal-hero-types, and tactical warriors that know when to cut their losses. Once again, Ket's part of the last group. :PProbably IC for Zarana and Kaldera next post.-Inferna

IC:{Ranger Elite Attacking Ket}The ranger opened fire upon the Skirmisher before him, who immediatly began to dodge. Roaring angrily as the Repeater in his hands overheated, the elite reached for the silver handle strapped to his thigh, and pulled out an energy sword.Advancing upon Ket, he swung angrily, missing the Skirmisher by a bare inch and cutting a deep swath into the wall behind her.He turned angrily, diving forward with his arms outstretched, once again missing.He growled angrily as Needles began to flash off of his shields, the Skirmisher popping off a few shots before moving again.A few more shots ate at his shields, which, with a final pop, died.IC:{/Special Operations Ultra}{/Kiro Uron}Kiro turned as a Ranger fell from the sky and landed behind him, a hole ripped through the other elite's helmet. He painted the Skirmisher on the balcony as a target, and sent the orders to his squad.Within seconds, each elite began firing upon the balcony, plasma fire burning the area around the Skirmisher, as the Elite began to close in with the energy sword...IC:[Gunnery Sergeant][Daler Mehndi]Daler opened fire with his MA5B Assault Rifle, lighting up two Innies with quick bursts from the powerful weapon. Both dropped, and he ran for cover near a building, diving as a Plasma Grenade went off where he had been standing just moments before.Where did they get something like that?Almost immediatly after diving into cover, an Elite joined him, sporting two Energy swords. The Sergeant looked at him for a moment, before saying simply, "Hello my friend!" with a heavy Indian accent, and a massive smile.He popped out of cover for a second, fired a few rounds, and dropped once more.

Edited by Kini Hawkeye

I've been searchin' for the daughter of the Devil Himself,

​I've been searchin' for an Angel in White,

​I've been lookin for a woman who's a little of both,

​and I can sense her but she's nowhere in sight,
Cause I can't find a banner ;_;

Thomas Hunter- BattlegroundIC:Thomas didn't reply as he grabbed his rifle on the way off the vehicle. He dashed with the others over to the alley that they had taken cover in.When he got there, he raised his scope of his rifle up to his visor, allowing his VISR system to scan the dark windows of the buildings across the street. The result was several red outlines and a couple unknowns... and now green outlines, as a group of marines burst into one of the rooms with the Jackal snipers in it.As the group left cover, he kept his rifle trained on the area of windows that he had spotted the snipers in. The ones on the roofs were a little to busy with a group of Sangheili Rangers that had appeared soon after the fighting started.While they moved down the side walk, he spotted movement in one of the windows, as one of the snipers tried to take a shot at them. Since he was moving, Thomas decided that a head shot would be to risky, instead aiming for center mass with the high powered rifle. The end result was messy, not that Thomas had any time to observe that, as they continued down the sidewalk.

IC Thomas Green - Eiro Jima, New Venice - Following Squad: "What's going on around here?" he asked, his sniper rifle at the ready. Tom didn't understand what was happening, one moment, the parade was about to begin, and then the next, shots were being fired, people were yelling over the comms, and the whole street became a mad frenzy of people and shooters.IC Klax Faldak - Eiro Jima, New Venice - Following Vume: Klax followed Vume, ordering civilians out of the area as fast as the words could leap out of his mouth, simultaneously taking down the occasional human or sangheili attacker; which proved to be a difficult task, as Klax found out.Fighting in a crowd was difficult, it was near impossible to fight a ranged battle, since friendly fire was all too likely to happen. As he yelled at a group of human and sangheili civilians to get out of the area, a bullet hit him on his shoulder, knocking his shields out. He turned in surprise to see a human, firing at him; he dove to the side, avoiding two shots from the attacker's weapon, he then leaped back up onto his feet, aiming for the human's chest with his plasma weapon.He quickly pulled the trigger, sending off three blasts that hit the shooter directly, melting through his body armor and clothing, and incinerating his upper torso. The attacker dropped dead, and Klax rushed back to his previous position, allowing his shields to recharge, and continuing to direct civilians away from the attackers.-Klax

= IC / Grey's squad ="Innies, probably, but who's behind this doesn't matter now," said Katrina. "All that matters is that we take out that AA gun."They reached the landing pad where the AA gun was located without incident. "It looks deserted," said Booker, "Where are they controlling it from?"

skiddo.png

I want to THRIVE
Not just survive.

IC Thomas Green - Eiro Jima, New Venice - Disabling AA Gun: "I don't think it matters, as long as we can get into the inner workings of this thing, we can disable it-- or, one of you guys can, since I'd just stick a bomb in there and detonate it," he said, looking back to the AA gun, trying to locate some form of an entrance.-Tom

= IC / Grey's squad ="That sounds like a good plan, soldier. Got any explosives on you?" asked Katrina. Then, to Booker, "Use you jetpack to get up that tall building over there and cover us, as stealthy as you can."Booker nodded and then ducked into a side street. He made his way to the backside of the building, opposite the landing pad, before jetpacking up the side. Once he was in position, Katrina saw him flash his green light on her HUD. The only part of the airpad he didn't have covered was the backside of a pile of what looked like Sangheili wreckage...

skiddo.png

I want to THRIVE
Not just survive.

Thomas Hunter- BattlefieldIC: While the others looked at the AA gun, Thomas was still looking for snipers in the other buildings. He spotted one and sent a round into it's head."That thing can be controlled remotely right?" He said, still keeping an eye on the buildings across the street. "Then maybe somebody hacked it. If we can find and stop them, then perhaps we could get this thing to deal with that ship hovering above our heads. It will take time to get the captain of the Plateae back to his ship, assuming he is still alive that is. And even if he gets back there it will take even more time for it to get in the air and deal with the other ship."

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC Thomas Green - Eiro Jima, New Venice - Taking down AA Gun: "Never leave home without 'em," he said, pulling a small charge only the size of his hand out of his pack, he attached it to the outside base of the AA gun, "Might want to take a step back," he said, walking backward himself, and detonating the charge once everyone was clear of the blast radius.He had just opened a hole for him to get inside, "Alright, you," he said looking at Theo, "We have about... say ten charges to set in there, we just need to get them on anything that looks important, and then blow the whole thing," he said, producing ten said charges, and handing five to Theo. "Let's get this over with," he said, entering the AA gun, and placing a charge on a large control panel, walking further on to place the charges.OOC: I do hope we're allowed to do this...-Thomas

Thomas Hunter- BattlefieldIC: Thomas checked Booker's location on his HUD, seeing that there was one spot that he did not cover. He started to move other there speaking into his helmet com. "I'm going to cover Booker's blind spot."He dashed from cover to cover until he got close to the piece of scrap. Moving slowly to avoid making noise, he started to creep up on it.OOC: Mind not blowing the AA gun yet Skarloth? We might need it soon.

Edited by Silvan Haven

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC: Ket | New Venice | RooftopsA wolflike smile appeared on the Skirmisher's face as her opponent's shield fizzled out. She didn't have shields herself -- at least not the full-bodied ones that Sanghelli had, or even the arm-guards used by higher-ranking Skirmishers -- so it was nice to bring the much-bigger enemy down somewhat to her level.That said, the fact he kept coming after her with that accursed Energy Sword was troublesome. Even as she flipped over and kept her enemy's attention on trying to land the blow, one clawed hand reached for one of her plasma grenades.All's fair in love and war.IC: Zarana Fehra Veru & Kaldera Fehra Selre | New Venice | Hunter's BarracksThe barracks weren't much to speak of, just a specifically-modified warehouse (it wasn't easy building places for hulking behemoths), but it didn't matter much to the Fehra pair, who had little in terms of physical possessions. The doors opened at Zarana's touch, revealing their own quarters. Stored within easy acess were their Assault Cannons and shields: the things that seperated them from giants to titans.Ordinarily, they had a ritual where they would arm each other, but that was only when they had the time to preform it. With the city thrown into chaos, they simply strapped their weapons onto their arms and left: Zarana took point, while Kaldera covered her as they began to return to the parade site.-Inferna

IC: (D052 Lance Corporal Cassandra)Seeing Rex and his friend, Cassandra sighed as she finished firing at a human insurrectionist."Sir, I know you outrank me, but shouldn't our first objective be getting the Commander out of here?" She asked, over a private COMM channel to him.OOC: Been a little busy, need to reread most of this.

gallery_99567_147_39590.jpg

= IC / Grey's Squad ="Right," said Katrina, "You two place those charges. We'll blow this thing if we can't find the hackers before the Commander gets on his vessel. I'm going with Hunter to secure the area."Theo nodded mutely and started placing charges while Katrina followed Hunter with her shotgun leveled. "Classet, see anything unusual from up there?" she said over the squad's com. There was a crack and a rifle round shot through the air, smashing a window in the building opposite Classet. There was a strangled squawk."Nope, not anymore, anyway," came Classet's cheerful reply.

skiddo.png

I want to THRIVE
Not just survive.

IC: The delay of the grenade was, in reality, short, but to Allan it felt like a eon. Waiting for that explosion in the arid smoke that had so very quickly pervaded itself throughout the parade was a ponderous, yet ominous experience. Enemy fire rained upon cover in timed, dull thuds, as if it were a tideous musical. The explosions cracked and defeaned, and the cries of orders and wounds erupted from servicemen and women.Yet, surely enough, the grenade detonated, sending the warthog a metre off the ground, in flames.The snipers looked right toward it, and Allan ran, sprinting as his heart pound faster and faster. Surely enough, he slid into cover just as the hostiles resumed targeting him, indicated by several shots in on the position he had held but fractions of a position earlier.He turned directly to Rachel and said, "Much appreciated Cass. That's the kind of work I like to see on the field. I'm just glad you were in the right place at the right time."He stopped himself for a moment and said a single word, "Thanks."

Visit the Halo epics Of All Sangheili and Conviction To Conflict! GSs wanted for both!

We all got left behind, we let it all slip away...

IC- Saur: Saur squawked in surprise when the Ranger drew an Energy Sword. He was obviously stuck between a rock and a hard place, but he was a Skirmisher; his kind had nearly been wiped out, despite their strength and speed. Saur snapped his raptor-like jaws, turned, then leaped to the next balcony, then made his way to the roof. Other Kig-yar were up here, forced upward by the accursed Sangheili. "Pick them off!" he said over the comm, reloading his Type-31.

Thomas Hunter- Checking the scrap metal IC: Thomas let Katrina move ahead of him, after all a sniper rifle was not exactly made for close quarters combat. Unless you were going to use it as a club, which he had no intention of doing.As they got closer, the click of keys and a soft murmer of voices became audible over the noise of battle elswhere along the course of the parade route. Thomas hadn't noticed before, but this area was much more quiet then the rest of the battlefield, only the occasional shot ringing out among the buildings.OOC: Vak,can we deal with the hackers?

Edited by Silvan Haven

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC- Saur: The Commando dodged a shot from a human Sniper rifle, crouched, fired again. Eventually, he found himself fighting alongside Ket. He knew that the Kig-yar society was governed by females, but one on the battlefield?OoC: Ket's female, right?IC- Rex and Mato: The Spartan winked an acknowledgement light, reloaded his M45, then stuck an Innie Elite Minor with a plasma grenade. "Lead the way," he said. "Mato will take the middle, and I'll cover the rear."

Edited by Rookie Leonidas Spartana

IC: [Mike King, Pvt 1st, Internal of building-Balcony]Mike searched more and more for signs of life within the building, and sighed. He found the nearest exit, which was to a balcony, and went out. Of course he ended up in front of two Skirmishers and an Elite. Mike jumped back, unholstered his M45, and took aim at one of the two Skirmishers from within the room. "Here goes..." Mike whispered, and started to pull the trigger.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

OOC: My utmost apologies for not being on and not dropping a warning yesterday- Musical rehearsals and a storm killed my power not long after I got home, so I had no internetz. I have the performances going on tonight so I won't be available in a couple hours for about 4ish hours I'd guess.I'm catching up now, I'll post/edit an IC in depending on if there's a post after this one after I'm read up.IC: [Commander Vale]The man nodded, his Commander's uniform drenched ever noticeably in sweat. "Ever since the War, it's been mandatory for all applicants to a Bridge Crew to participate in firearms training, to help increase the odds in repelling an attack on a ship's Bridge."He took the pistol with a grateful nod, his hand uncustomarily shaking as he held it. The man sighed and with a deep breath, steadied his arm. The Plataea is as much a weapon as this... both bring death. This is no different... No different.The Commander tapped his COMM off to throw off insurrectionist intel's potential to track him through messages, and nodded to the two soldiers. "I'm ready. Antony, you've got our backs?""Aye, Sir. Nothing's getting passed me, unless that ship overhead manages to make it clear over here- We need you up there, sir."The Cobra locked down and the twin cannons merged into one, the artillery stabilized to avoid rolling back from the powerful shots that would follow.IC: [sergeant Major Antony Graham]The ODST cursed as a flight of three stripped down Banshees were making breakneck speed over 7th and Rome- They were definitely headed out to bomb the Plataea while she was still grounded. The man groped for a chain around his neck and, upon realizing it was under his matte-black armor, closed his eyes a moment as if he were touching it. Opening his eyes again, he fired.May peace be with you who perish by my hand. It is for the preservation of many more lives, that this must happen...The powerful shot rang out like a thunderbolt, and impacted a thirty-five story high building, by Antony's estimates. The floor he aimed at- the 23rd or so- was already weakened from explosives likely used by the Insurrectionists. As the shot hit home, the building creaked and the upper part groaned in protest as it leaned inward to the parade square... the pressure was mounting, and soon enough it snapped free and gracefully fell over the Parade area, across the street. The three Banshees couldn't adjust in time, and a triple-threat of purple-blue plumes showered those directly underneath along with bits of Banshee metal. The building finished its slow fall from grace, and raised billow upon billow of smoke as it landed on the roof of a shorter building across the street. The building now resembled a bridge moreso than a skyscraper, but the Banshees were gone.Antony felt lucky: It hadn't managed to fall completely on the street, where Civilians, UNSC, Elites, and even Grunts panicked or fought against targets that for the most part blended in with their own, aside from the Kig-Yar. Still, he felt a pang of remorse for any that may have been crushed by the Banshee debris, or for any poor souls that may have still unfortunately been on the upper floors.He'd avenge their lives- whether they'd died or not.IC: [insurrectionists- Anti-Air Turret site]As the soldier slowly crept around the corner, the voices went silent. A final tap was heard on one of the Keyboards, then the rustling of people attempting to pack up their belongings before making a sprint. In the distance, one of the streets that led up to this docking platform came alive with the humm of armored vehicles- The fist of the Rebellion painted the hulls of what appeared to be a flatbed 'Hog and two LAAG-equipped Warthogs. In each of the gunner platforms stood men in what appeared to be NVPD (New Venice Police Dept.) helmets, as well as riot armor.Unfortunately for Katrina and Thomas, these weren't police. Even from the distance they were at, the fired a few warning shots at the soldiers to back away from the large piece of Destroyer scrap.IC: [specOps Commander B'kar Velrun]The large Sangheili marched fast and ominously away from the battle and to an open square- A few humans appeared to be moving through there with guns in hand. Unfortunately for them, they wore the insignia of the Eayn Rebel Front. The humans unknowingly ran head on into the Elite, whose camouflage had been up. Before they collided, the three dropped dead from B'kar's plasma rifles singing and carbonizing their rib cages, the flury of shots easily aimed into the close-ranged chests.He dropped his camo, as did the four who still followed him. Not long after, a few Rangers landed and asked if he needed assistance. The largest Sangheili nodded them off with the simple words, "I need you not. Go, find glory in the deaths of these traitors!"The Rangers took off after customarily acknowledging their commanding officer's orders. B'kar waited in the square with his team, all of whom scanned the rooftops and building entrances- The battle was mostly focused at the Parade, but it was evident that an entire nest of Insurrection filth had lodged into New Venice at least a month ago. That was about two weeks prior to B'kar's arrival in system on a humble Sangheili Destroyer that was simply deploying him and his men while on a journey to the Inner Colonies of humanity.There was still evidence of fighting even out here, a kilometer away from the Parade- a crashed Hornet and what appeared to be civilian vehicles upturned, plasma pockets along the hull of the 'cars' as humans called them.B'kar tossed these musings right out his train of thought as the familiar hum of a Phantom became audible- the vehicle bore a luminescient green that had been adopted by many Sangheili vehicles after the War. "Let's move."IC: [The battle]For those still fending off the rooftops and the Parade grounds itself, the Battle was starting to fair a bit better- The soldiers had abandoned any vehicles that were bogged down in trade for some better cover, and the surviving bystanders had for the most part taken cover in the bottom floors of buildings on either side of the street, or been led away through narrow alleyways. Inside most of these buildings were several medics, with tables cleared and blankets set up to put down the injured on.Outside, corpses still lined the street as if in a mass-grave, all mixtures of blood flowing free onto the pavement. Overturned vehicles, collapsed rooftops and shattered windows on second story buildings made up the cover of the battlefield now. Overhead, the Insurrectionist Corvette continued to rain fire down upon the city. Several agile Sparrowhawks and Hornets had left the airspace of the Parade to combat the various aircraft and Corvette, vainly attempting to keep their attention away from the populous below.As if to make their day worse, a Pelican carrying wounded away suddenly went down under a hail of powerful bullets from a Frigate- This one insultingly still bore the UNSC logo, but was obviously commandeered by the Innies. Two powerful ships, albeit small compared to other space-fairing machines of war, were more than enough to cause moral to plummet farther.As for the group on the rooftops, who were eradicating the Kig-Yar snipers... their day was about to turn around all the way. The Corvette loomed overhead the last stretch of the Parade block on its mission to get close enough to ensure the destruction of the Marathon Cruiser at the opposite drydock. From its belly poured several Sangheili drop pods which promplty impacted and landed on the rooftops amidst the Rangers and the few Marines who had managed to stumble onto the roofs. One such pod crushed an unfortunate Ranger, his body broken and pulverized.Out jumped several traitorous Sangheili, all in a dull red armor with a black human rebel fist painted onto their breastplates. Most wielded outdated Repeaters or Plasma Rifles- One actually had two deadly Needlers in hand. They rushed to separate the Rangers from their own Kig-Yar snipers, even going so far as to boost their own protection with Kig-Yar shield gauntlets. Having two separate layers of shielding to crack, most were formidable even against an opposition that had superior mobility with their packs.The goal now was to surround the enemies on the rooftops, and eliminate them.

Edited by Gladiator Vak

IC: [Mike King, Pvt 1st, internals of building]Mike heard a loud crash form the celing above, and saw dust falling form the celing. What in the world is going o- Mike tohught, before hearing a needle from a Needler whistling right by his head. He looked over to the stariwell, and saw a mad Elite rusing at him. This is not my freaking day! He aimed with his M45, and fired. The Elite's shield fell down, and it roared. Mike cursed himself, and fired again. The shot hit the Elite's arm, wounding it. It aimed, and pulled the trigger. Mike dove to the side, and fired off another shot. It caught the Elite right in the chest, and it flew back. Mike stood up, and went to examine the body. It seemed dead, until it began reaching for its Energy Sword. Mike took his Combat Knife out, and stabbed it in the chest. The armour gave way, and the Elite exhaled it's final breath. Mike sighed, and heard more firing coming form above. He siged, withdrew the knife, and reloaded his M45. He awaited the oncoming Elites.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

OOC: Alright, about to leave for my four hour performance dealy, so don't expect another Vak-post til around that time.However, a general note I want to make before leaving from what I've seen in the past day's Roleplaying: Not every Elite has an energy sword guys- that applies to both sides XD In fact, you'd think the Rebels have an extremely limited supply of such revered weapons by the Sangheili race. So just a minor suggestion, but we should cut down on the frequency of them having such weapons- this includes UNSC-aligned Elites as well. It's not a commonplace weapon.

Edited by Gladiator Vak

OOC: @Rookie: Aye, Ket's a female.IC: Ket | New Venice | RooftopsAs the drop pods from the Insurrectionists began to rain down, Ket decided it was high time to find a new position. Everyone was going to die eventually, but being crushed by a Sanghelli was insulting to her. As she evaded a final swipe from the Alliance Sanghelli with the Energy Sword, she turned towards a building ledge that was in the direction of another building, and took as many fleet steps she could before she flung herself into the air ... but she did not reach the other building, for it had never been her intended target. Its fire escape had. Grabbing the metal with gauntleted hands, she nimbly swung down to street level, darting into the alleys. Once it stopped raining pods, she could find a new place to shoot from.OOC: Be back with Fehra ICs later.-Inferna

Thomas Hunter- Hunting HackersIC: Unfortunately for Thomas and Katrina they were closer to the piece of wreckege than anything else. Thomas fired off a shot that hit the gunner of one of the vehicles, hitting him in the shoulder and knocking him off the turret as he ran the last few feet to the piece of scrap.When he got there, he slung his rifle over his back, allowing the magnetic clasps to take hold, and drew his pistol. With it held in front of him, he poked his head around the corner, ready to shoot the first person he saw.

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC (Pvt Serrox):"Ah crud!" Will was displeased. Now that it started raining Rangers, he could not make out which Sangheili he should shoot, and it also meant the rooftop the sniper was on was susceptible to the same treatment. Will slung his SRS99D and climbed over the building's parapet, maneuvering into a window, and running past wounded troops and civvies. He had to relocate to a better position, and even then, he could not do much, seeing as the Elites are all huddled together. He decided to keep a lookout for ground forces instead.Seeing an Innie human shooting at some Marines, Will leaned out of a window, held his breath and fired."Centre mass! Booyah!"IC (Sgt. Seah):ODST John Seah stabbed an unarmored Innie human who was caught unawares. Unexpectedly, he swung around and gave him a haymaker, before finally crumpling to the ground in a puddle of fresh blood and spouting obscenities. John cursed, he could feel a bruise in his face, even with his helmet on. This was one tough Innie. He then scurried across the broken pavement, vaulting over a destroyed car and surveying the extent of the skirmish. He had to link up with the ODSTs, his lone wolf streaks always flipped off his superiors.IC (Shor' Talas):Talas landed his Banshee flier near a designated Medic outpost. He brought whatever spare medical supplies he had, and dashed into the dilapidated building. He handed them to the medic in charge, a human. "Here, don't waste it." Shor then hurried up the stairs to the roof, and drew his Needle Rifle. He could see a group of Elites in close combat about 4 buildings adjacent to the Medic Outpost. Noting the Kig-Yar that seem to be relatively unscathed, Shor leaped across a small crevice to close the distance, and snuck up on them. He managed to shoot one of the Kig-Yar in the head before they caught sight of him.

Edited by FlutterTree

GT: Voyagerin

"The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong, is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong,

it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair."

OOC: EDIT- Flutter, Graham's in a locked down Cobra right now, actually XP He's providing cover for the retreat by the UNSC Plataea's commander, Vale, so the commander can get back to his ship and get it in the fight.IC: [battle of New Venice - Mike's Position]Suddenly, a shift in the rubble littering the floor was heard. Too late for Mike, the weak camouflage of an Insurrectionist Elite failed but the creature lashed out with one of its arms, clasping Mike's neck in a tight choke hold. The steely veins of the creature's biceps bulged under the thin matte that covered its arms and legs- only the customary thigh armor and combat harness, painted in the colors of the Insurrection, showed any form of true protection. Slippery shielding could also be felt, but not slippery enough for the soldier to evade what seemed like an inevitable fate. The Elite looked him in the eyes as he choked the human, and spoke."Your pitiful alliance does nothing but spread our races apart... It WILL be dismantled, and a new era of our conglomerate races WILL ensue! But first... oh, but first the festering disease must be cut off..."IC: [battle of New Venice - Anti-Air Turret Site]What Thomas didn't expect, was a gutteral growl and a large fist to suddenly reach around with such an animousity it sent the soldier tumbling back, a fine dent in his breast plate. A Brute, in elaborate Chieftan armor of the Old Covenant angrily and singlehandedly pushed the scrap cover a few degrees to the side without any assistance, and reached for the Fuel Rod clinging to its back. The Insurrectionist techies, humans by looks, hesitantly edged farther away from the battle and to the far side of the scrap, the only one still visible cautiously glancing up at the nearing Warthogs- one now without a gunner, who was attempting to limp away to safety from his fall.Another gutteral growl from the Brute refocused attention as his intimidating visage suddenly turned from Thomas and toward Katrina, Fuel Rod now in hand..

Edited by Gladiator Vak

IC: [Colin Ferris]Colin looked at the commander. "Sir, we will get you out of here. That's a promise." He looked at Leliel, "We'll move on your command, Sergeant."[Vme Chavamai]The streets were now almost clear, he opened a channel to the elites clearing the streets, "Brothers, our task is completed. Now it is our duty to clean this city of the vermin that infest it. Assist our allies as you see fit, I wish you honor in your struggles." He closed the comm channel, then ran up to a pair of Kig'yar that were firing at a group of UNSC personnel. He grabbed one by its thin, fragile neck, and shook it, feeling the bones snap. He threw the body aside, then turned to face the other Kig'yar, who had noticed the Sangheili and turned to face him. Vume's eyes widened as he noticed a bright green glow in the Jackal's handm and tried to jump aside as the kig'yar unleashed an overcharged plasma pistol shot.The bolt slammed against Vume's shield, causing them to dissipate. The bolt burned away at Vume's physical armor as well, opening a hole in his side armor, revealing his skin. The Kig'yar squawked and leapt at the open flesh, seeing a rare opportunity to kill a Sangheili major. It pulled out an energy cutlass, and went to stab at the chink in Vume's armor. Lashing out, Vume's arm connected with the energy cutlass, the blade slicing apart armor and digging deep into skin. Gorwling, the Sangheili, grabbed the kig'yar's arm, and forced the energy blade backwards, into the jackal's chest. Backing away, he watched as the weapon detonated, spraying Kig'yar blood into the air, lightly splattering the armor Vume wore.

I want you to hit me as hard as you can.

Something on your mind, Dear?

Hey, you created me. I didn't create some loser alter-ego to make myself feel better. Take some responsibility!

OOC: Edited, Vak. Thanks.IC (Pvt Serrox):Serrox heard the guttural growling of an Elite in the lower levels and scampered down the stairs, rolling down a flight for good measure. He caught sight of a fellow Marine being held in a chokehold by an Innie Elite."Oh no, you don't, ugly. Time to make it 2 kills for the battle."Will took aim, and squeezed off a shot at the Innie's spine, hoping to cripple it.

Edited by FlutterTree

"The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong, is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong,

IC:

- Ssgt. Leliel Harvenheight: New Venice: Vale -"Then let's get moving," Leliel stated, sliding a fresh magazine into her assault rifle before beginning to walk towards where they needed to go, keeping herself as covered as she could, while holding her weapon at the ready in the event they were attacked. Right now, however, she primarily had her mind focused on getting Vale to the landing zone, fighting every urge in her body to just sprint there. The main reason why she refrained from running all out was because Vale and Colin would likely have a hard time keeping up, and ditching the person of interest likely was not a good idea. Let's just hope this goes smoothly... or at least, more smoothly than some of the things going on.

Edited by Spink

IC: San' Garo and his RangersSan looked up at the sound of the human sniper shot and gazed upon the tall building his men grouped up on. The two snipers ontop jumped off as the large structure began to tip over, smashing into the several oncomming banshees.It was several moments befor San' finally replied to the Human that took cover beside him; "Greetings, soldier. Be careful, this place is extremley dangerous for one without shielding."San picked up a Carbine that lay on the ground, and began trading shots with a insurrectionist Elite on a rooftop.The innie' suddenly gasped, as a energy sword stuck out through his chest. One of San's Rangers stood behind the elite as it collapsed and fell to the ground. It was a short while before the Elite managed to safley arrive by San's side, taking little note of the Marine next to him."San' Garo, The Insurrectionist Elites are making short work of our forces! I recommend we fall back, if there is any point to fall back to."San said nothing for a moment, before he finally decided to bark through the Elites' open Channel: "This is San' Garo, Commander of all Rangers in the area. Is there anywhere we can fall back to?! Requesting all Rangers to hold down the building closest to my position."--Akaku: Master of Flight

"I've brushed with death so often I should start giving him high-fives while I pass."

Friend's works: Terrible Comics (2016) | The Guardians of Gevra Nui (2017) | Reborn (2016)

IC (Shor' Talas):"San Garo, 5 buildings adjacent to your west, there is a medic outpost. If you are feeling up to it, we can help the ground troops as well." Shor Talas muttered over the comlink. He signaled to one of Garo's Rangers the location of the outpost, then reloaded his Needle Rifle."Do your superiors require any assistance, Garo?"

IC: San' Garo"I Sent several Rangers to Commander B'kar to ask if he needed help, and I just got word from him that he and his squad are doing well on there own. I'll relocate my Rangers to help hold down this outpost you speak of." San then switched from a private channel to Shor' to the open channel again; "All Rangers, we have a new heading! move to the Medical outpost 5 structures west of the previous rallypoint." Before San, and the few Rangers that had already arrived began storming down the street, he said to Daler; "Come with me if you want to live; you will be picked off quickly if you remain alone at this location."--Akaku: Master of Flight

OOC: Will Serrox's shot is waiting on Mike and/or Vak to control the Innie Elite.IC (Shor' Talas):"Fight well, brothers." Shor whispered to himself. He was sure the Rangers did not know he prefers free reign, and was a freelancer of sorts, so he did not follow them to confuse them. Instead, Shor just climbed a service ladder down into an alleyway and slammed his back against a foundation. He leaned out to catch a glimpse of a patrol of 2 Innie Elites and 3 humans. He sure could not take them all at once, so he marked the location for San's Rangers, then silently picked off 2 of the humans with headshots. He quickly rolled to the next building across the street to avoid the plasma fire that followed, but some had taken his shields down a notch.

IC: San' Garo and his RangersSan looked up at the sound of the human sniper shot and gazed upon the tall building his men grouped up on. The two snipers ontop jumped off as the large structure began to tip over, smashing into the several oncomming banshees.It was several moments befor San' finally replied to the Human that took cover beside him; "Greetings, soldier. Be careful, this place is extremley dangerous for one without shielding."San picked up a Carbine that lay on the ground, and began trading shots with a insurrectionist Elite on a rooftop.The innie' suddenly gasped, as a energy sword stuck out through his chest. One of San's Rangers stood behind the elite as it collapsed and fell to the ground. It was a short while before the Elite managed to safley arrive by San's side, taking little note of the Marine next to him."San' Garo, The Insurrectionist Elites are making short work of our forces! I recommend we fall back, if there is any point to fall back to."San said nothing for a moment, before he finally decided to bark through the Elites' open Channel: "This is San' Garo, Commander of all Rangers in the area. Is there anywhere we can fall back to?! Requesting all Rangers to hold down the building closest to my position."--Akaku: Master of Flight

IC:{/Special Operations Ultra}{/Kiro Uron}"San' Garo, this is Kiro Uron... it has been some time. My men and I are pinned down on the rooftop above you, and I request that you order any Rangers you can spare to my position. The brunt of the Pods landed around here, and we're taking heavy fire."The request was punctuated by the body of a Sangheli falling off the roof, with needles impaled in his chest, landing on the ground before San.Kiro took careful aim and fired at a Banshee that swooped overhead, harrassing the mustered soldiers. The banshee, already damaged and riddled with bullet holes where a Hornet had attacked it, fell from the sky, landing in a heap on the roof of the Building. Kiro and his elites immediatly moved, seeking cover behind the smoldering wreckage.Kiro nodded to the Sangheli on his left and right, a mere four remained out of the previous number of twelve. The traitorous Sangheli approached the wreckage, firing still, forcing Kiro's men to hide. The sharp hiss of an energy sword sounded on the other side, and the firing stopped.Kiro and his men put away their own guns, unleashing the melee weapons they used.Kiro used his staff, propped in such a way that the first enemy across would be impaled upon it's blade, while two of his squad grasped Curveblades in their hands. Kiro's two "Bodyguards," both of Clan Uron, simply dropped their weapons.Their gauntlets sprang to life with longer versions of the Sangheli Energy Daggers. The crouched down, taking a ready position.For a split second, all was quiet...And then the first of the enemy leapt over.Impaling itself on Kiro's Staff, the Sangheli screamed in agony, his face a mask of pain as he crumpled to the ground after Kiro pulled the stave back. The next to attackers suffered similar fates, their energy shields bypassed and their armor shredded by the Energy Daggers and Curveblades Kiro's troops possessed. Their desparation increased when, from the buildings around them, plasma fire began to hail.The whole roof shuddered as a Plasma Grenade went off, sending the wrecked banshee, and one of the Curveblade wielding elites, into the street below.With no cover, peppered by Plasma and Needle fire, and fighting for their lives in a brutal Melee, Kiro and his squad charged."Garo. Reinforcements would be nice right about now."IC:[Gunnery Sergeant][Daler Mednhi]"Of course they are not safe my friend, this is a warzone! I must also point out to you that shields are not everything."He fired at a Jackal attempting to sneak up on the duo from behind, before replying."I think i shall come with you my friend, This does not appear to be the nicest place in New Venice at the moment"

I've been searchin' for the daughter of the Devil Himself,

​I've been searchin' for an Angel in White,

​I've been lookin for a woman who's a little of both,

​and I can sense her but she's nowhere in sight,
Cause I can't find a banner ;_;

IC (Sgt Seah):John made his way through a back alley to support a single Elite. He caught sight of the disarrayed patrol and snuck upon one Elite, sticking his combat knife up his scaly torso side, then into his mandibles.The Innie did not give up, and clawed at John. This only sent John into a rage, and he pulled out his blade and repeatedly stabbed the Elite's neck."Graaaaaahh!!"IC (Shor' Talas):Shor took advantage of this distraction and peppered the remaining Innie Elite's shields with Needle Rifle shots as the other Elite tried to struggle with the ODST on his back. Shor felt his shields flare, but managed to throw a plasma grenade and stick to Elite before ducking back. "Human, get down!"IC:John yelled and leaped off his fallen enemy, jumping into a dumpster to dodge the imminent explosion.IC (Shawn D-042):Shawn removed a lump of debris off his chest, got up and dusted himself off. He was on his way to rendezvous with the other Spartans when a Banshee took down a portion of a nearby building. Shawn opened his COM, "Guys, hey, wait one."He sprinted north, vaulting over a barrier and then continued west. The others were 200 metres West.

Edited by FlutterTree

OOC: Got bored so I drew What I imagine how New Venice generally looks like ATM. :PIC: San' Garo and his RangersAs more of San's Rangers began to show up, he ordered some to split off to help Kiro, and others to finish off targets marked by Shor'.Slowly but surley the group of Rangers, and the marine made it down the street, taking cover and firing at insurrectionist elites above, until they finally got to the medical outpost to find the rest of the remaining Rangers (that had not been sent to help others) guarding the building both standing out front and on the roof.The inside of the building was suprisingly calm, compared to the chaos that continued outside. Many Doctors were hard at work treating injured soldiers, Human and Elite alike. One of the Elites being treated San noticed was one of his own Rangers."Kiro, Reinforcements are on your way."OOC: Anyone in/around the medical outpost to RP with? Theres San, along with whoevers there and just under a dozen rangers guarding the place :P--Akaku: Master of Flight

Edited by Akaku: Master of Flight