Rpg Halo: Retribution

IC:[Marine Gunnery Sergeant][Daller Mehdnii]Daller nodded, smiling still. "Why yes my friend, yes there is"He put a finger to his ear, activating the communications unit. "Hello, Romeo Nine-Four-Two, do you read me? I need some assistance, transmitting co-ordinates."

Edited by Kini Hawkeye

I've been searchin' for the daughter of the Devil Himself,

​I've been searchin' for an Angel in White,

​I've been lookin for a woman who's a little of both,

​and I can sense her but she's nowhere in sight,
Cause I can't find a banner ;_;

IC: Andrew "Rooks" Kryler & Joel Rayle"Roger that Daler, I'll be there soon. ETA, Five minutes ago."'I like to dream yes, yes, right between my sound machine'The noise of ancient instruments and voices became louder and louder, along with the thrust of a vehicle.'On a cloud of sound I drift in the night, Any place it goes is right'A old, Heavily decorated Pelican came into view, the source of the 500 year old music.'Goes far, flies near, to the stars away from here'It touched down in the middle of the road, a ODST jumping out as soon as the door opend, running up to the Entrance of the Medical outpost."Nice to see you Daler." Said Joel, "We need to get out of here, and fast! this thing aint floating above us for nothing.".'Well, you don't know what we can find, why don't you come with me little girl, on a magic carpet ride'--Akaku: Master of Flight

Edited by Akaku: Master of Flight

"I've brushed with death so often I should start giving him high-fives while I pass."

Recent Work: Return to Forum (2024)
Friend's works: Terrible Comics (2016) | The Guardians of Gevra Nui (2017) | Reborn (2016)
Older Work: The Legends of Taladi Nui (2017)

IC:[Marine Gunnery Sergeat][Daler Mehdni]Daler walked outside, towards the Pelican, arms outstretched. "Holy man, you sure took your sweet time getting here. Lets get these civilians on board!"Behind him, he heard a Civilian scream out something about how if the rebels wanted to obliterate that particular piece of musical history... he wouldn't be too sad.OOC: Daler has a heavy Indian Accent, just for those who are wonderin. Once vak gets a spot for us to conveniently post all the profiles in once location, i'll post his up.IC:{/Special Operations Ultra}{/Kiro Uron}Kiro leapt over the small distance between two rooftops, rolling to his feet as he impacted the roof of the next building some eight feet below the last. He turned, his shields flaring briefly as he took plasma fire, and continued to run. His squad had fallen, their battle bringing them honour to the last. The rooftop he was holding out on previously was filled with the bodies of the insurrectionist elites.He stopped above the Medical outpost, noting the Pelican, which blasted strange human "noise" into the air. He turned, slightly annoyed, and fired back."Whoever's piloting that Pelican, you had better load up your civilians soon. Enemy Reinforcements are swarming the area."

Edited by Kini Hawkeye

OOC:JC - What do you last recall exactly? If you guys need updates, it'd be good to know what you last knew XPIC: [Charlie-Red]After about four minutes of fiddling with the exposed segments of the AA turret, the lights lining it blinked on in their yellow glow and the turret did a full rotation in a systems check. The marine at the console gave the universal "a-okay" sign with his fingers as the large turret began to reallign at its default position. Over the COMM between Red-Charlie and the ODST squad he muttered, "It's gonna take a minute... gotta re-assign targets to the database. They wiped it clean when they lost control of this position."Without warning, a sniper round zinged right over the head of the technician, causing him to yelp and drop onto his hind-end. "Contacts!" The squad leader of Charlie-Red replied from his position where the Insurrectionists had not so long ago fled from, "Dig in, soldiers! We've got Apes, Innies, and Birds inbou--"The man was cut off as a brute shot round impacted his cover, knocking him onto the concrete, unconscious.IC: [battle of New Venice - Flatbed 'Hog/Innie Convoy]The vehicle rocked lightly once more as the spike grenade detonated, the insurrectionist screaming in pain and vainly grasping at his face where a burning hot spike had imbedded itself into his forehead. Not more than a moment later he slouched back into the bed of the Warthog.The driver of the Hunter's warthog shouted back, "Get ready, that Scorpion's on to us!" The warthog zigged right as a powerful shell narrowly missed them, sending up a plume of concrete and steel from the road behind them. Several heavy thuds were heard as a man-operated chaingun from the tank pinged off the heavily armored hull of the warthog.IC: [Gung-Ho Marines/Vume/Seah/Willy]The marine grunted faintly as he began to pass in and out of shock. The blast had taken his arm clean off, as well as searing off parts of his fatigues and exposing carbonated flesh and bone."Ungh..."The grenades detonated with an earth-shaking shudder, sending the Sangheili scattered- all of them dead save one. The final Sangheili had been blown over the ledge of the roof, but had managed to grasp at a flag poll on the corner of the building. He was wounded, but the traitor still seemed to have some fight in his eyes, as he attempted to pull himself back up to the fight.IC: [Medical Outpost - Antony Graham's Cobra]Antony cursed aloud. Nobody could hear him in the Cobra, but that was a moot point to him. The point of focus and anger for Antony was his lack of ammunition for the Cobra. He'd exhausted it all covering Vale's retreat, despite having inflicted a high casualty count. Suddenly, his NAV map filled up with a red splotch. Knowing that technology wasn't always the best of resources, the ODST risked a peek from his cockpit... only to be met with the sight of a large, purple Corvette in the sky.****-it, they've already made it this far without being shot down?In fact, the sky was alight with various craft fighting in offense or defense of the Corvette, with a human Frigate providing close cover to the Corvette- both vehicles working in tandem for the Insurrectionists.I suppose that's what they stand for alright... well it's also about to be what they die for.The ODST grabbed his battle rifle from the ample storage space behind the pilot's seat. Thoughtfully, he also grabbed a jetpack- Antony had trained in an ODST program named after the famous Bullfrogs of the Reach campaign. Just as he began to exit the Cobra with the intent to move over to the Medical Outpost, something caught his eye...-------[Medical Outpost]Two of the Marines stationed in the Outpost yelled and made a mad dash for the entrance of the Outpost, but were forced to dive into cover as a hail of needles showered the now-splintered doorway. The cause for their urgency was an action both unanticipated and awful for the defenders of New Venice: The Corvette had dropped a Scarab from its hold. The large object impacted the street heavily, debris flying every which way.Women began crying in lament for what had appeared to be the death of the brave defender in the Cobra, whom hadn't had time to escape the purple behemoth which presently began to raise itself, green eye pulsing...

IC:{/Special Operations Ultra}{/Kiro Uron}Kiro was blown back by the force of the Scarab landing on the street opposite him. He landed on the top of the Pelican in the street below, his spear striking through part of the armor plating of the troop bay. He stood, slowly, staring in the direction of the Scarab. "Touche..."IC:[Marine Gunnery Sergeant][Daler Mehdni]Daler, already inside the troop bay, started as a loud thud resounded through the troop bay. "Woah. Whoever's up there, calm down."

Edited by Kini Hawkeye

IC: Andrew, Joel, and San'The large enemy Vehicle smashed into the street literally right infront of the Pelican, showering it with debris.".....oh."Andrew took a moment to contemplate the scarab was facing the other direction, and would take a moment to turn around."Please tell me everyones on! I dont want my Bird to become roasted.""Hold on Rooks, just about..."The Pelican had a Extended Troop bay attached, and thus had enough space to get all the wounded, and most marines inside. San and his Rangers took flight, and began to attack the Scarab."Now!"Not a moment after the last stretcher holding wounded was pushed onboard, the pelicans thrusters roared to life, and the back door closed."Hold on, things may get a bit bumpy!"The Vehicle flew into the air, Rooks' Carefully maneuvering as he ascended, avoiding smashing into the nearby buildings or the scarab itself. Right as his Pelican changed gears and flew in a foward motion, the scarabs anti air canon burst to life, Firing shots at the vehicle. By sheer luck, only one shot hit, burning away at a bit of the side armour."This is Romeo Nine Fourty-Two, We are filled to capacity with wounded and we need a safe landing zome to drop them off at."--Akaku: Master of Flight

"I've brushed with death so often I should start giving him high-fives while I pass."

Friend's works: Terrible Comics (2016) | The Guardians of Gevra Nui (2017) | Reborn (2016)

IC: [battle of New Venice - Scarab]The Scarab had fired a malignant stream of plasma at the Pelican, only making a narrow impact. The Lekgolo worms that operated the Scarab were controlled and overseen by Insurrectionist Sangheili in the shielded and armored rear. The scarab still had some semblance of self-awareness, and pursued the noisy, annoying craft that blasted incomprehensible utterances from inside. The heavy AA gun on its back opened fire at the buildings on either side, keeping the defenders of New Venice suppressed.Behind it was a smoldering pile of debris and wreckage where it had landed, no signs of human life evident..IC: [???]Rachel and Allan's COMMs burst to life, a private hail assailing their squad's ears."This is O.N.I. Lookout. We've got reports of a Scarab in your area. Confirm?"IC: [O.N.I. Palezzo Base]"This Palezzo Base, Romeo Nine Fourty-Two. Answering emergency broadcast. Head about three clicks northwest to the large, obsidian black building in the shape of a diamond. There will be medical personnel waiting in the landing bays, as marked here."All of the NAV tabs on the Pelican winked with NAV points to possible landing bays, with one highlighted to signal where the Pelican was to land.

Edited by Gladiator Vak

IC: [Vume Chavamai]Vume walked over to the insurrectionist and held out a hand. "You are scum, but even scum should die honorably. Grab my arm and have a chance at survival." Vume's eyes flashed dangerously, "If you can defeat me."[Colin Ferris]After making sure the commander had gotten off safely, the ODST had moved back into the city, hoping to join up with a squad. He fell to the ground as the Scarab impacted upon the earth. Scrambling to his feet, he looked up at the covenant vehicle in awe. "This is... unexpected."

I want you to hit me as hard as you can.

Something on your mind, Dear?

Hey, you created me. I didn't create some loser alter-ego to make myself feel better. Take some responsibility!

IC: Rachel had finished clearing a room when the transmission reached her. She gestured to a pair of troopers to start sweeping the next one as she headed to a window to look outside. "This is Staff Sergeant Rachel Cass, I've got a confirmed Scarab sighting in the area," she spoke in to her COMM, "It's standing right in front of a Medical Outpost, but it looks like the civilians are being airlifted out. Their Pelican's taking fire from it's anti-air gun, though." A sudden thought dawned upon and she opened up another channel. "Jason! Where are you right now?" "Still on the ground. I've got four Marines and a couple of civilians with me. I'm about a block or two away from where that Scarab just touched down." "You couldn't get on the bird?" "No, too many snipers." "Okay, sit tight, I'll get someone to send a bird to you and-" "No, not with that Scarab here. I see a few Hogs that seem to be in working condition. I think we'll be able to follow the Pelican in these."

IC: Andrew "Rooks" Kryler "Motherf--" Rooks' was cut off as the Scarab fired its main weapon, which hit right infront of the rear-left thruster. it damaged some internal wiring; including the ones to his speakers, causing an adrupt stop the old music that had been blaring over the noises of the vehicle itself. Now its personal. The Pelican continued on its way towards the navpoint, Rooks having every intention of coming back later to get revenge on the scarab. IC: San' GaroSan' Garo landed on the deck of the Scarab, alongside the Rangers who still lived and were by his side. Many Inssurectionists were onboard, From Human to Elite to other species. The Rangers began to mercilessly kill the crew, albiet slowly. The Rangers were well aware of the Scarabs weakness, and although already some have been killed, they began to fight there way to the back. "This is San' Garo, we need reenforcements to help take down this scarab; me and my Rangers cant do it alone!" --Akaku: Master of Flight

OOCL Hey Vak, what of the Spartans?"IC (Sgt. Seah):John got on his feet and dusted himself off. He noted Vume had already moved to engage the last Innie, so hurried to the Marine instead. "Dannggit, this lad's in shock. We need to get him to a proper doctor. I have some biofoam..." John pulled out a canister and gingerly sprayed the white foam into what was once the Marine's arm.IC (Pvt. Serrox):Will cursed his parents at the sight of this unwelcome arrival. He could not get a proper shot at the pilots from this position, and going out would be suicide. He clenched his teeth and awaited orders.IC (Shor' Talas):"Human in vehicle, do you read me?" Shor tried to reach the heroic Cobra pilot. "If you read, I will support you in boarding that behemoth." Shor sprinted up the stairs of the Outpost and climbed up the service ladder to the top. He lied in the Scarab's shadow, waiting to jump and latch on as it slowed.There.Shor leaped, and got aboard the Scarab. "San Garo, I am present."

Edited by FlutterTree

GT: Voyagerin

"The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong, is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong,

it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair."

IC: [Mike King, Pvt 1st, Med outpost]"Holy *****." Mike said, staring at the Scarab in front of him. He heard the anti-air guns fire off at the pelican getting many citizens evacuated. Mike took out his Sniper, and aimed at the Scarab. He turned on his VISR, and aimed for some enemies, and began picking some Innies off from the topside, who were firing at the Rangers. He picked off two of the Innies before they retreated into the interior of the Scarab. "What the **** are they doing..." Mike thought to himself. The anti-air guns fired off again, hitting right in front of the Pelican's rear left thruster. The music filling the air stopped. Mike scanned the streets, looking for some more Innies. finding none, he took cover back in the Med outpost.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

OOC: Well I was waiting for a certain *cough* Spartan to abandon his elite friend before posting them taking off and what have you. If you guys agree to just move on instead of risk waiting another day for 'im, I'll go ahead and use my GM powers to move that little plot action forward. My apologies for the wait!IC: [insurrectionist Elite - Response to Vume]The Sangheili clacked his mandibles in surprise."It would be my honor, foe."The larger of the two was hefted up by Vume, and the Insurrectionist regarded the Marines nearby. "Do it well that they do not...interefere." He sighed and brandished a heavy metal blade of human origin, as opposed to a Sangheili's energy weapons. "You are an honorable opponent... it is a shame you do not see our ways as the Truth."He pointed the blade towards his opponent, broad side facing up to the sky in a sort of duel posture.IC: [Gung-Ho Marines]Two of the wounded soldier's comrades dropped to his side, one clenching his existent arm while the other ripped his helmet off and ran his fingers through his comrade's hair. "You're going to be alright! C'mon, mate!"The soldier didn't respond, in another realm of consciousness. One of the two began to weep slightly, and got up, preparing to lunge at the lone survivor of their opponents. "This one's for him!" He whipped out a magnum and fire four quick shots in succession, the surprised Elite's shields popping in a matter of seconds. He readjusted aim and prepared for a shot straight through the mandibles...IC: [Near the Med Outpost - Jason's position]One of the Civilians frantically shook Jason's arm, his fear giving in. "You can't seriously expect to outrun the gun on that monster with a few lousy jeeps!"IC: [scarab Battle Platform]Without warning, San' felt a large palm slam against his head. The Elite crashed into the wall of the Scarab and crumpled down, a Brute in remnant pieces of gold armor- A Chieftan from the Old Covenant's rank structure. The Brute growled and brandished a Spiker rifle, attempting to slash right through the shielding and into San's neck. Before he swung, the Brute was distracted by the arrival of Talas, and growled in anticipation as a few other of his kind in a similar form of armor that bore traces of the Old Covenant"Slay the traitors where they stand!"IC: [sgt. Major Antony Graham]Some of the rubble and slag shifted lightly as a black-matte hand broke the surface, blindly groping for a way out. The arm was where the Cobra had been, parts of the armor ripped off and skin exposed, cuts all over. He was only an ample few meters from the side of the street where the Medical Outpost was (and the marines that hadn't boarded the Pelican). Also not too far from him was where Colin had left the Commander, who was now imbound to the Plataea- his transport could be seen rushing up the Hangar A ramp, trying to make best speed for the UNSC Commander.

IC (Sgt. Seah):John grabbed the Marine's leg and yanked it down. If there was one thing the ODST had remembered from his old man, that was honor. He gave a quick punch to the Marine's gut to bring him back to reality."Why don't the two of you shut it and help get him to a proper medical officer? That Elite can handle him!" He switched on his VISR, and uploaded the nearest Medical Officer's position to the three Marines. John then hefted the Marine up, gesturing for the others to escort.IC (Shor' Talas):Shor quickly pulled the trigger of his Needle Rifle, putting three shots into what looked like a Brute Minor that had erupted into a supercombine explosion. Shor leaped back a by metal beam to hide. A few Spikes had impaled his shields. He leaned out and fired a shot at the Gold Brute, to not much effect. He activated his cloaking system and drew his hunting blade. Shor made a round about the Scarab and found one of the Brute Minors standing far apart from the rest, and quickly grabbed his mouth and stabbed his throat. He kicked his limp body over the side and hid once more.IC (Pvt. Serrox):"Oi, I'm guessing we stand better chances in those 'Hogs then holed up in some shoddy apartment building. Jason, was it? Lead the way." Will reloaded his .357 and holstered it. He picked up his rifle and followed after yet another out of his mind ODST. "But if, you guys want to save one of your own in that wreckage, I'll help too."

Edited by FlutterTree

"The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong, is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong,

IC: [Vume Chavamai]Vume whipped out his plasma pistol and fired a warning shot to the marine. The plasma hissed into the ground by the marine's feet. "You will cease your actions, human. This does not concern you. Take your comrade and get him medical attention, I have this under control." He turned back to the insurrectionist, drawing his sword."Your 'truth' is just as misguided as the Covenant's. There is no truth, only you. I hope in the moments before your death, you can find this to be true." Vume mirrored his enemies posture.[Colin Ferris]Colin noticed movement on his FoF, and turned to see a hand groping around in a pile of rubble that used to be a Cobra tank. Colin's eyes widened, and he opened up a comm, "Graham, are you alive?"

Hey, you created me. I didn't create some loser alter-ego to make myself feel better. Take some responsibility!

Thomas Hunter- AA GunIC: The enemy sniper was quickly hit by a return shot from Thomas, who was already on the lookout for unfriendlies. He turned his gun on the rest of the enemies moving towards them and fired the rest off his clip into them as they moved forward.Several needler rounds impacted into the outer wall of the emplacment they were in, causing a small explosion while Thomas reloaded his rifle. Turning around the courner, he fired into the group of enemies again, killing a Brute, a Rebel with a Battle rifle and wounding another human, before ducking back into the cover of the Ainti-Air Gun.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

OOC : So, Vak, can I get told, and this is an assumption because it's taken a while, that those characters are denied?Willy IC (Gung-Ho Marines, Seah, and two Elites) : "Alright, you, help me with him." Willy asked the Marine who was holding the injured one's head. "Yep, like that. Watch out for the wounds there, he can still feel it."

"Boss! Da needle is pointin' in da red! Dat ain't good!"
"Course it's good ya squealin' runt! Red goes fastah!"

Orks... Such wonderfully simple creatures.

IC:{/Special Operations Ultra}[/Kiro Uron}As the Pelican sped by the Scarab, gaining speed as it did so, Kiro leapt from the top of the flying machine, landing smoothly on the top of the Scarab, near the Anti Air emplacement. He attached one of the charges at his belt to the gun, set the timer for a mere three seconds, and rolled.Blue smoke and fire errupted into the air as the gun emplacement vanished in a cloud of blue plasma.Kiro kicked a human away, his Repeater firing quick bursts at the stumbling form, who collapsed, a hole burned into his chest, before tumbling off the side of the behemoth."Garo... you called?"

IC: - Insurrectionist, Cain -

Really, they can't get to the room on their own? Just what are people paying these green clowns for? "Why yes, I can do that," Cain stated aloud, not a hint of his thoughts entering his tone, or splaying across his visage. "Just follow me," he added, walking off towards the designated room, having a fairly easy time getting people to move out of the way -- nothing violent, just a few shoves here and there to get those annoying individuals who loved standing around and chatting out of everyone's way. To Cain, he felt as if he was doing a service for everyone by removing those morons. Before the marines, Cain got to the designated door and opened it for them, deciding to wait for them to enter and just close it behind them. He had no reason to go in with them, nor had he been asked, and he liked to stick his nose out of situations where he could die easily.OOC: Sorry for lateness. Skyrim and all that. (Also, tried to post earlier, but BZP was being most uncooperative). I'm not sure what's going on with Leliel (and am only hoping that this thing with Cain is still relevant), so that's why she's absent.

Edited by Spink

IC (Shor Talas):"Garo's down, Ultra." Shor materialized behind the SpecOps. "Now we have to play this carefully, they have a pack of Brutes on the Scarab, I took 2 out, the rest are likely to be tougher." Shor informed the Ultra then disappeared again, seeking a target to strike when the Ultra attacked.

OOC: Yaknow, X, Mike coulda hitched a ride on the Pelican if he wanted to :PThen again theres not much happening at the ONI building yet, so I cant blame ya.IC: San' GaroThe Ranger immidiatly went unconcious from the powerful slam to the wall. there was a -Crack!- along with noises that sounded not unlike a popcan being opened, and it wasnt just San's helmet cracking, his pressurized suit leaking.three of San's Rangers quickly ran up, two of them lifting up San' Garo and taking him off the scarab, into cover of the now empty remains of the medical station. The remaining Ranger stood and attempted to fight the chieften, but quickly met a fate much worse then San's.There was verry few of San's Rangers now, no more then five in total, the numbers with no chance of stopping from decreasing.IC: Andrew "Rooks" Kryler & Joel RayleUpon landing at the ONI base, Andrew detached the extra compartment to help save time unloading the wounded."Joel, look around the place and see if theres something I can pick up; A tank, a 'hog, anything?""I dont know Rooks, that wont be easy..." Joel said, already spotting a dozen weapon capsules, along with several small crates filled with ammunition, a couple rocket launchers laying around ontop."Looks like we can help the Marines on the ground do yer revenge on the scarab for ya."Before leaving, Andrew quickly hopped out of his Pelican, a roll of duct tape in hand and some cable in the other, and climbed up to the top of his Vehicle. He grinned as a crackle of success burst out of the speakers."Alright Joel, lets get this party started."The Pelican took flight, and flew back towards the battlezone where the scarab lay on its destructive path.Rooks' Flicked on the music again once he got close to the position, and an old military favorite, the ride of the valkyries, could be heard below.The Pelican flew over the Scarab, Joel opening the back door. "This is Romeo Nine Fourty-Two, we have Rocket launchers in capsules and plenty of them to go around! name your position and we'll give you a preasent to fire upon the legs of that d***'d scarab. We also have some ammo in the back if yer running low."OOC: The back of Andrews Pelican has four weapon capsules attached, all with rocket launchers. Simply ask and (if your near the medical outpost/scarab) he shall deposit a weapon capsule. Joel also has a couple of ammunition crates in the back of the Pelican he can push off and give to anyone who asks.--Akaku: Master of Flight

IC: Zarana Fehra Veru & Kaldera Fehra Selre | Battle of New Venice | Flatbed 'hogA satisfied, subsonic rumble escaped the "female" Hunter as she unlimbered her Assault Cannon once more. Beside her, Kaldera was growling in annoyance as he ducked his head, bullets pinging off his thick armor and leaving tiny dents. This large machine was annoying him, and it was time to make it disappear. Both of them had three shots left in their guns before they required a reload. They took aim, fired one shot simaltaniously, then fired again for good measure. If it was worth doing, it was worth doing right, which meant that the Scorpion (where had the Insurrectionists gotten one, anyway?) had to go.-Inferna

OOC: I'd carry on if I was you VakIC: Terra D-048Terra jumped out of his bucket seat in the pelican rocket launcher slung over his shoulder with his telescopic sight on it he saw the side of one of the scarabs legs "if I get closer I could cripple it at least but its the defenders I'm worried about I cant quite see them".Terra climeb back in to the pelican waiting to be dropped of with the others near the scarab.

IC:"Hemming," Allan said, opening a COMM link with Jason. "This is 1st Sergeant Allan Myles. There are a couple of guys that have serveral rocket launcher capsules ready to go. If you're heading anywhere near the Scarab, you'll want to have one with you. Give 'em ###### marine."Allan then turned to Rachel and the others and gestured ahead."We've cleared the rooms and the nest is right above us. Expect heavy resistance, but with any luck, we'll be able to catch them by surprise."He headed toward the staircase leading upward and took position against the wall."Cass, up front. Everyone follow my instructions precisely once we're up. We need to take this position ASAP, but we're not getting ourselves killed either. Alright, move up."

Visit the Halo epics Of All Sangheili and Conviction To Conflict! GSs wanted for both!

We all got left behind, we let it all slip away...

OOC: Apologies for the past day and a half's worth of absence. Thanksgiving business left and right :PSpink- Leliel is either accompanying Vale on the Shadow to the Plataea, or she left him and went her separate way/joined Colin/whatever you wish to think up. Choice is yours as to where she ends up going.IC: [Marines - Seah, Willy's position]The two young men nodded, carefully holding their friend up. The third, who had been scanning the area nervously, was shaking beyond his control. He managed to stammer out, was if the situation had been an awakening experience, "S-so how are w-we gonna get down? S-s-sure as **** not the way we got up, r-right?"IC: [insurrectionist Elite - Vume's position]The Insurrectionist allowed his shielding to slowly recharge, and gave one last hiss of contempt at the humans in annoyance. "Our way would more properly unify these disparate races of the Galaxy... not the backstab prone alliances your kind prides yourself of..."The Sangheili charged towards Vume despite his inferior, solid-metal blade. He stopped about an arm's length short of the militarized Sangheili and swung the blade in a wide arc that swept diagonally across the breastplate of Vume in an attempt to severely weaken the brunt of his opponent's shields- or so it would appear.IC: [sergeant Major Antony Graham]To Colin, spats of static were broken up by faint mumblings that were just beyond the realm of being coherent. The arm that had surfaced tried in vain to get more manuevering space, but was at too awkward an angle to do much of anything. Finally, an understandable voice- though exhausted and almost choked- broke through the static in Colin's helmet."Ne-- Assistance getting ou--- here!"Hoarse coughing followed the simple sentence, and Antony's arm came to a rest on the masonry, as if too tired to keep getting himself free.IC: [battle of New Venice - AA Gun]The rabble falling in on the AA site seemed rife with humans on foot. Two of them hefted rocket launchers. One dropped to his knee and fired, the rocket slamming right into the wall where Hunter had been, the force shocking through it and knocking the soldier off balance. On the other side, crashes of debris were heard raining down.Just beyond the humans, leading the frontal assault was a pack of brutes. Many of them hefted simple Spikers, while two sported brute shots. They all wore what looked to be Covenant brute armor, albeit some where missing sections that would have protected the arm, leg, chest- a few were even bereft of helmets. One of the marines from Charlie-Red muttered into his mic, "What's this all about? They look like they're from the ol' Covenant!"IC: [scarab platform]The AA turret that piggybacked the Scarab emerged from the ionized cloud of plasma. A fair portion of it was rough, broken, and jagged as the alien metal twisted and morphed under the extreme heat of the plasma charge. Still, no critical components had been damaged and the Vehicle kept moving on its rampage down the former Parade ground. It opponed a devastating blast on a transport warthog that had been struggilng to fight around the wreckage, bodies, and mobs of civilians still caught in the crossfire. Unfortunately, the civilian-laden vehicle met a grim fate as the passengers and vehicle were enveloped in a searing blast that ended in a brilliant blume of red-orange fire from the Warthog's own engine.On the surface of the Scarab, the gold-armored Jiralhanae retreat from the body of San' to the rear, two other of his kind following with him. Before they could be pursued, a mix of Kig-Yar with energy shields and lesser Jiralhanae poured forth from the belly of the Scarab. These forces seemed more organized than even the Insurrectionist attacks that had been going on. The Sangheili soon found themselves under an overwhelming hail of plasma and projectile fire from the other aliens. Another of the Rangers fell as his shields shattered and razor sharp, super-heated spikes penetrated his neck. The Ranger fell in a warped roar of defiance, his arm stiffening as it reached toward the wound. The ranger rolled off the deck, dead.IC: [Cavalier Diner - Marines w/ Cain]The Marines nodded their thanks and slowly entered the Management-labeled doorway. Once inside, the voice of the woman was heard again, albeit muffled. "There's nobody here... what? The lights! Marines, get your flashlights on! We've been tri--"The shattering of glass was heard, as well as the soft rata-tat-tat of bullets ripping through fatigues, armor, and flesh alike. The voices of two men- one a clear-cut tenor and the other a baritone were heard screaming in agony, then no more as two more pops! were heard. The sobs of the young woman could still be heard through the door, as Insurrectionist men laughed. "C'mon ya little wench.. it's all gonna be okay. Ezekiel has something special in mind for you... hostage."IC: [Hunters - Flatbed 'Hog]The ventilation shaft to help keep the tank cool shattered and sent a chain reaction of explosions throughout it as the Scorpion lit up. It stopped flat in its tracks, dead in the water so to speak. The driver yelled back, "Good job, the lotta-ya! Convoy neutralized; the AA site that was recently retaken is just ahead. We're out to reinforce 'em, oi!"The Warthog sped ahead beyond the ghastly wreckage that was the art of Hunters and human explosives. Up ahead, through the haze-filled skybox above a city set alight loomed the massive Anti-Air turret capable of launching missles that would down even medium-sized starcraft, let alone the unfortunate singlecraft that would get caught by the rockets. The turret had stopped working: The bearded man could only assume that the Marines had retaken it, and that they would need to keep it reinforced to stop the two Insurrectionst-hijacked ships that loomed overhead."Anti-Air Turret Site Alpha-24, do ye read? This is O.N.I. Officer Blake, acknowledge? Confirm Turret Alpha-24 is secure?"IC: [spartan-laden Pelican]Aaron nodded as Rex boarded the Pelican in understanding, his Sangheili comrade left behind. The Spartan had directed the Sangheili where he could either find refuge or purpose: The O.N.I. base a few clicks away, or helping clear the streets for the remaining civilians to evacuate.The Pelican hummed to life as it accelterated away, climbing up into the skies. Aaron stood by the closed hatch, hanging on to one of the ceiling grips. Once he was sure all the Spartans were zoned-in, he began the debrief. "Spartans, our goal is to retake the human frigate under Insurrectionist control. It was taken when the chaos downtown began, while the crew was on shore leave. There is a report of hostages on board, kept on the bridge. We'll be boarding the exposed bottom hangar of the UNSC Cavalier and make our way to the bridge. For this Op, we've been given a single "Dumb" A.I. whose sole purpose is hacking: to help get us through the doors. Order directive is weapons-free on all non-UNSC personnel. Understood?"The Spartan looked from each of his comrades to another, and came full circle to rest on the entirety of the Pelican's bloodtray. They were a motley crew, and likely hadn't fought for some time considering their recent slipspace journey.

IC: Zarana Fehra Veru & Kaldera Fehra Selre | Battle of New Venice | Flatbed 'HogIf Hunters could cheer in appreciation of their handiwork, Zarana and Kaldera certainly would. As it was, they just had to hang on to the 'hog as they cycled in fresh ammo for their cannons, satisfied rumbles escaping their "throats."OOC: Might have a Human and Grunt character sent in for approval tomorrow night, depending on how busy I am with Thanksgiving stuff. :P-Inferna

IC: [Vume Chavamai]Vume stepped backwards quickly, letting the metal blade whistled through the air, missing him entirely. "There is no way to unify those that are different, or even to unify those that are the same. Your rebellion proves that well enough." He brought his sword to bear, the energy crackling lightly as Vume dropped into a defensive stance. "The best any of us can manage is to use each other effectively while we can. No matter how it is structured, in the end, each individuals goal's are different. Your alliance will lead to backstabbing just as surely as will ours, do not doubt."[Colin Ferris]The ODST scrambled over to the pile of rubble, his hands grabbing at any piece of metal or slag he could move. Colin put his rifle down on the ground and continued digging, pausing every few moments to check for enemies before continuing to dig for the sergeant.

IC: Lance Corporal Jason Hemming (near the Scarab) Seeing as he would be heading away from the Scarab, Jason dropped the idea of grabbing the rockets. The current plan was to escape while not drawing the attention of the massive machine. "If you think you'd be better off trying to outrun it on foot, you're welcome to try," he said to the civilian that had spoken up, "Otherwise, we're taking the Hogs. Either start running or get in." The sudden explosion of the other transport Warthog, while doing little to bolster anyone's confidence, was Jason's cue to start moving while it could still act as a viable distraction. "Let's go!" he barked and charged out towards the empty Warthogs that he had spotted, gesturing for the others to follow, "Don't stop until we get there!"IC: Staff Sergeant Rachel Cass (apartment building) With her assault rifle raised, Rachel took a few steps up the stairs, glancing up to scan for potential threats. She ascended farther, reaching the next floor and taking a look in to the hallway. No signs of movement, even when she switched on her VISR to double-check. "Stairs are clear," she muttered in to her comm, "Come on up."

IC (Pvt. Serrox):Will jumped into the shotgun seat next to Jason, figuring a Sniper would be good cover fire whilst escaping from footsoldiers. "All packed up and one Scarab to run from, Corporal!"IC (Sgt. Seah):"Keep it together Marine!" John grabbed the greenhorn's shoulder and steeled him. The ODST then motioned for the Marines to follow him as he took point descending the stairs. There was little in way of opposition, just two Kig-Yar Innies scattered about the upper part of the building that John took care of with a few DMR shots to the cranium. Finally, they reached the foot of the building.IC (Shor Talas):Shor scavenged two flame grenades from a dead Jiralhanae on the Scarab. He then lobbed one at a group of Kig-Yar, more to demoralixze and cause chaos than to kill, then he tackled a Brute Minor to the ground, materializing and stabbing it thrice with the hunting blade. He then rolled to the side as the Brutes took notice of the flame grenade, and lobbed another at them.IC (Shawn D-042):Shawn nodded, slight paranoia of maintenance corridors creeping in once again. If he was suffering a panic attack, he did little to show it, but he always had a fear of maintenance corridors, worse, battles in them. He switched his attention to the cooling cycles of his Plasma Rifle.

Edited by FlutterTree

OOC: I did mean Jason might want a couple of rockets if he was going anywhere near a Scarab. Just for assurance of safety.IC:"Roger that," Allan said, leading his row of marines up the stairs to Rachel's position.He had his visor on, just in case any hostiles decided to walk around a corner. No one was going to compromise them if it wasn't their will. Allan would make sure of that."Alright, that nest is up ahead, 20 metres. The racket coming from there suggests we're in for quite a few hostiles. By the looks of it, they're concentrating their troops on the site of the nest. Nonetheless, remain vigilant. Because we don't want a colossal wave of forces coming at us if we don't have any cover, we can't afford to alert them by sweeping those couple of rooms ahead. Instead, we'll attempt to sneak up to the entrance, pick our targets and take them down. We should be able to take out the majority of Innie forces in the nest before they realize what's going on. We'll have to dispatch the rest quickly, given we don't know who's in the rooms. Once all the hostiles in sight are down, get into cover fast and watch those rooms. If any insurrectionists are in them, they'll be flooding out in a hurry. Remember, don't get ahead of yourselves or overly excited. Wait for orders calmly and we'l stand a good chance here. Sound good?"Once he received nods from everyone, Allan ordered, "Alright, let's move up, nice and easy. Don't make too much noise."

Visit the Halo epics Of All Sangheili and Conviction To Conflict! GSs wanted for both!

We all got left behind, we let it all slip away...

Thar Mentra IC (Cavalier Diner) : He moved into the room where Cain was. "Come on out, Human. We know of you, and the worthless trash of the UNSC-Sangheili will be upon us soon." Thar informed Cain, not knowing of his current predicament.Lyndis Carter IC (Flying to Scarab) : "This is Petty Officer 2nd Class Lyndis Carter in Hornet 124, coming in hot on Scarab. I'll provide fire support on whatever is left on board, do y'all comply?" She flew a little slower than she liked, as to not go by too fast.Willy IC (Sgt. Seah) : He looked to the third Marine. "Hey, you gonna be alright there?" He held up the injured Private back up, so he wouldn't start falling again.Macabethus IC (AA Gun) : He was in front of the troops, and got his Brute Shot ready to open fire on the marines. "Ready when you are, Captain Major."

Edited by Lavama

"Boss! Da needle is pointin' in da red! Dat ain't good!"
"Course it's good ya squealin' runt! Red goes fastah!"

Orks... Such wonderfully simple creatures.

IC: - Insurrectionist Cain - He stood quietly outside of the room, not bothering to go inside, or even check on what had just transpired. Of course, he always thought that the use of hostages was detrimental, at least in the case of taking a marine or other trained killer, simply because too much could backfire. From his perspective, the only sure-fire, safe type of hostage would be a dead one, as anything less could lead to an unprecedented response of violence, that could possibly work out as far as the victim would be concerned. Either way, Cain did not call the shots and did not pretend as if he did so, so if any error would be made in the handling of the situation, he figured he'd be free of any blame. However, he also figured that the hostage-takers likely shot the marine somewhere -- perhaps the knees -- in order to disable the chance of retaliation, but Cain could not be sure of that -- he wasn't there, he wasn't observing or watching anything transpire. "What now," he mumbled to himself, letting out a sigh and looking up towards the ceiling. IC: - Ssgt. Leliel - Leliel had chosen to go back to her own group of soldiers, working to assist covering them as they went about their own little activities amongst the chaos. She had nothing in particular to do, outside of merely defending civilians when necessary and providing covering fire to any who might need it. Otherwise, she had no current orders to follow -- or, at least, hadn't received any -- and she was still rather unaware of just what was going on everywhere else. She never had received any message about the status of the AA Gun, nor the status of the SPARTANs, nor the status of other ODSTs and so on and so forth. As far as any would be concerned, Leliel was effectively clueless about any current targets and objectives, and wasn't aware of any changes that might be happening to the battlefield that would be of any importance.

OOC: Hold up; stoney, is your char on Rooks' pelican, or another one? o.O--Akaku: Master of Flight

OOC: Hey guys, you'll have to perservere without me today. I just found out BZP's servers are back online -again- (goodness, we've been having a lot of downtime whenever I'm around), and I have a Book Analysis Project I neeeeed to finish today. Luckily I don't think I have a whole lot after that, so I'll definitely be back in action tomorrow.

OOC: Sorry, BZP fought me earlier today as per usual. I swear, this site's starting to begrudge me :PIC: [Flatbed 'Hog, AA Gun]As the Brutes surged forward, the Captain Major growled to Macabethus, "You take a group to engage the sniper! Move!"As the other Brutes tailed off from the Captain Major, the majority still following him in a direct charge against the AA Gun, the distant roar of a human engine was heard. Firing his brute shot to keep one of the marines behind cover, the Brute roared to his other companions, "It seems the traitors' convoy is finally here! Let us be all the more fiercer, my pack!"The simian-like aliens roared their approval as they slowed down and spread out, some taking cover and others firing powerful brute shots and deadly spiker rounds to suppress their foes. One lobbed a spike grenade behind a pile of ship wreckage, and the pained scream of a Marine from Charlie-Red was heard as he dropped out from cover gripping his stomach. The Brutes were on him in a moment, one impailing him viciously with the cerated edge of the Spiker.--------------------------The marines in the Warthog lowered their depleted rocket launchers in favor of Battle Rifles. The four hunkered down farther into the vehicle while it sped along the smoking buildings down the road to the turret site. The Security Checkpoint was all but blown away, making access that much easier. The driver yelled back to the marines and the hulking behemoths in tow,"Seems the defending soldiers've got sem coompany! We'll be upon them soon enough, git ready!" The strong irish voice was clearly audible above the roar of the warthog, a testament to his loud voice.IC: [insurrectionist Sangheili fighting Vume]The Sangheili hissed in retort, "Such fallacy is what led to our humbled defeat in the Covenant! The Sangheili of old were flawed, Brother!"In a sudden feint, the Sangheili stabbed to the right in anticipation of Vume retreating left. Perhaps in a move of overanticipation, his second arm flashed to life with an outdated, but still effective model of the Sangheili's wristblade. As the first blade stabbed out, this smaller one snaked forward viciously to where the insurrectionist had expected Vume to be.IC: [sgt.Maj. Antony Graham]Feeling more elbow room from the slowly lessening rocks on top of him, Antony's COMM seemed to clean up. "Who's helping me up there!? What's the status of that bloody ship?" The voice sounded labored and exhausted, but ever full of determination and confidence.IC: [Rachel/Allan's location, Battle of New Venice]Suddenly a door burst open from behind the group- it had been concealed by a piece of drapery hastily hung over it. From within came two terrified grunts, activated plasma grenades stuck to their chests. As if something were directing them at the marines, the two waddled frightfully towards their otherwise would-be saviours. From behind, whine of a plasma pistol was heard, and for those who noticed it over the two terrified grunts, the shots were following them and burning at the floor of the building as if leading the grunts.One screamed, "Ruuuuun!" The three marines' eyes widened as a brilliant, blinding flash seemed to swallow up the room in such a close proximity to them. When the flash ended and eyes adjusted, the tragedy was obvious: One of the Grunts had unfortunately caught two soldiers in the blast. A third struggled and yelped in surprise as she was caught under the simmering, gored body of one of her companions. Of the two KIA marines, the body that wasn't covering the third was the worst off; his innards were a charred display of carbonated bone and the putrid stench of burned flesh. Somehow, however, one of the Grunts had managed to brave the shots of the plasma pistol and turn on the Jackal that had operated the sneak attack: Bits of grunt and luminous blue blood were mixed with that of a Jackal's signature purple. Smoke obscured most of the gore, leaving an unwanted image for the imagination.IC: [battle of New Venice - Scarab]The Jackals hunkered down even more behind their shields, the fiery adhesive doing little against the three energy shields it had impacted against. These Jackals seemed to be more elite and trained, and simply waited out the fire whilst taking potshots from behind their phalanx. The Brutes were less fortunate, one having taken the impact directly and toppling off the Scarab, screaming and burning all the way. Two of the others quickly moved to apprehend the Sangheili responsible for two more of their kind's deaths. One swung wide with the cerated edge of their Spiker while the other fired from a fiery-red plasma rifle at his contender.IC: [Gung-Ho Marines with Willie, Seah]As they exited onto the main level, the disillusioned Marine looked about cautiously. "T-the name's O'Brien, by the way. Private O'Brien. The other two carrying Grant are Jackson and Paulson.. Our C-commander died during the initial strike. Sniper took him clean out.. We'd been doing revenge pickings until we ran across you guys."He looked pleedingly to their temporary commanding officer, Seah. "Sir? Wh-where are we taking Grant? He needs expert treatment soon, or.. Well... you know."IC: [Cavalier Diner - Insurrectionists]From the room emerged two heavily armed Insurrectionists wearing false MP riot armor. A third man with cropped, oak-brown hair in rather fancy dress with barely-visible hints of a bullet-proof vest underneath followed shortly. The man nodded to the Sangheili Thar Mentra. "Greetings, brother." He looked at the youth before him, getting an Insurrectionist file- their closest thing to a CSV- to pull up on his glasses. "Thar," He said using the human custom of first names rather than full names, "Can you show Cain to the armory? Afterwards, you two should clean up the mess inside the Manager's Office."As if nonchalantly considering Thar and Cain's feelings at this menial task the man added, "Wreak what havoc you can afterward, but we'll be closing up shop soon. The UNSC-Sangheili Alliance is mopping up the northern end of town; they'll be focusing back down south here momentarily. Things will go sour fast if the Scarab or our air support get taken out on this side of town. So get to work, boys."The man nodded to his MP-guards, who led him out a back door without another word. Few of the civilians inside seemed horribly bothered by what sounded to be the deaths of the two Marines, exempting the girl who's muffled cries could still be heard for those who wandered too close to the doorway. In the distance, the smooth hum of a sleek civilian car was heard, and again it was suddenly gone.IC: [staff Sergeant Menken]As Leliel and her squad she had linked up with made their way through the streets, the heavy treads of an elephant mowing through the wreckage was heard. The massive vehicle rounded a corner, the O.N.I. symbol emblazoned on the side. The back faced Leliel and her squad, and the vehicle suddenly halted. From a miniature command post inside strode a confident, rugged-jawed human in dress uniform. "Greetings ma'am, I'm Staff Sergeant Menken. You and your boys preoccupied? Cuz if not, we're clearing up this sector of the Parade." He motioned to the alleyway they'd come from, where four Scorpion main battle tanks were waiting silently. Squads of Marines in combat uniform trickled out from between the Scorpions and scanned the perimeter. A few watched the rooftops cautiously. There were roughly forty Marines present with the armored vehicles. The man brought attention back to him by clearing his throat. "We could always use another squad with some... combat experience, to help lead the way. Oorah?"IC: [spartans - Aaron D-07]Aaron sighed and turned to the Spartan- Terra is what her callsign read, and he remembered the name vaguely from training. Though the sigh and his face were both obscured by his helmet, the Spartan continued in as neutral a tone as possible. "Spartan, you sure you're game for this op? I just laid out the plan: Hostages are on the bridge, and the Insurrectionists boarded by force while the bulk of the ship's crew was on leave."The Pelican was making rapid progress to the skies. Although it had no direct escort, three Falcons in the area had been directed to keep its trajectory to the hijacked Frigate relatively cleaned up, so the Spartans could be guaranteed an untroubled passage.

IC: [Vume Chavamai]Vume moved in, twisting his body so that the metal blade scraped off his shielding. Vume brought his sword up , bringing it down at an angle with incredible force as he continued his turn, cutting in a downward arc towards his opponent. "DO NOT speak to me of the failures of the Covenant! I am Vume Chavamai, and my city state knows well the mistakes made while serving false prophets in misguided worship. My way is not the way of the covenant, nor is it of the Sangheili! All stand alone in the end, there is nothing that truly unites us except our actions. So long as we act honorably, we can stay unified, but you and your kind have thrown us into an incredibly dangerous balance." The swordmaster snarled, "The flaws you try to fix, you are only replicating! You act on the belief that your way is superior, just like the prophets!"[Colin Ferris]The ODST blinked at Graham's voice. "This is Lance Corporal Colin Ferris, sir. As far as the ship goes, I don't know, I've been more focused on trying to get you out of this rubble while that scarab still has bigger things to shoot at."OOC: Ha, forgot Colin's rank. fixed.

Edited by IamJackssplitpersonality