BIONICLE Website Updated

When I see people on BZpower crying about the most trivial thing on these new sets, they make me cringe SO much.

People's opinions make you cringe that much? Kinda extreme.. I think for the most part everyone's excited and optimistic but there are always things people are going to comment on which is only natural. Also, this is a forum for discussion so there's bound to be tons of dissection and analysis about every little thing, which I think is perfectly okay(and fun).

So does anyone have any guesses on if Lego is going to be strict on the release date being Jan. 1st or will the new sets come out in time for the holidays like in the past? I'm sure hoping for the latter

Anyone else finding the updated bios a bit hard to read, due to no periods?

Your not alone

Also, I guess Mask Powers are official out, the Masks apparently have the powers of the element, not strength or speed or such. 

I'm disappointed, the Mask Powers played such a important role the the Bionicle Story (Especially LoMN) and really added some personality to the Toa. 

buttons.php?frm=1&btn_type=43&txt=Press%buttons.php?frm=1&btn_type=42&txt=Press%
buttons.php?frm=1&btn_type=46&txt=Press%buttons.php?frm=1&btn_type=47&txt=Press%

BZPRPG Characters

Want to play all the Lego games? Click Here

1. They really need to update the formatting on those pages or add in some periods or anything. Read the wall of text without any full stops or breaks is painful.

2. Alright fine... Finally something I'm genuinely very disappointed in. I wish the elements were controlled by the Toa themselves and the masks gave additional powers. That was what was so cool about them before!

~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

R.I.P. Onya. :P

Anyway, I do agree that the site could be more organized. Especially in the parts of the bios that tell us about the Toa's masks powers and tools. But I believe Lego will continue to improve the site as we get closer to 2015.

Also, Pohatu has 'Jeterangs' for weapons. The name for those has to be the corniest and greatest name to ever be given to a weapon.

• Upvote 2

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

Onua is "afraid of heights" ? Why is he climbing an obelisk in the promotional with the Toa together at Okoto, then ?  :blink:

I am bit disappointed about the masks.

Maybe he's managed to overcome his fear at that point or it's all part of his therapy. :P

-Gata signoff.png

• Upvote 3

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

I'm glad that we're getting character bios this early, but this site is really kinda awful. I know the full version coming in January will be infinitely better, but I feel like there's a missed opportunity for this interim BIONICLE site to make a good early impression to new fans. 

Also why in the world does BIONICLE.com still redirect to the LEGO homepage?

• Upvote 3
Bliss.png

I'm glad that we're getting character bios this early, but this site is really kinda awful. I know the full version coming in January will be infinitely better, but I feel like there's a missed opportunity for this interim BIONICLE site to make a good early impression to new fans. 

That's leaving me wondering, too.

-Gata signoff.png

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Yeah Totally! I keep typing in bionicle.com everyday hoping that they will fix it, if its something they want. I don't know much about URLs and website coding and etc, so would anybody that DOES know explain why they might not want this? 

buttons.php?frm=1&btn_type=43&txt=Press%buttons.php?frm=1&btn_type=42&txt=Press%
buttons.php?frm=1&btn_type=46&txt=Press%buttons.php?frm=1&btn_type=47&txt=Press%

BZPRPG Characters

I don't think they will use Bionicle.com anymore. Everything seems to advertize lego.com/bionicle. They are probably doing this because they want to make it clear that Lego owns Bionicle. Seeing how well Lego has been doing recently, I can see why they want to put their name on it.

I understand their push to advertise it that way (even though I don't like it :P) but I don't understand why they at least wouldn't make it direct to the new BIONICLE site and just not advertise it as BIONICLE.com. It's just confusing to people who will try to look for the site by typing in BIONICLE.com.

Bliss.png

Not to mention that a Ninjago.com domain does exist and visitors would be greeted with the LEGO logo on the website anyway. They don't even have to buy the domain. I can't imagine this being more than a few minutes of work either, so I really don't know what could be the reason.

-Gata signoff.png

• Upvote 2

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Today was the first day I saw the bios, so I have no idea what the layout was before the wall of text. I'm guessing since the major comment was over a typo and not the layout, it wasn't like that at first.

You make a good point. I don't think any Toa ever got a hammer. A few clubs, lots of axes...no hammer.

april_2_19___large.jpg

When I see people on BZpower crying about the most trivial thing on these new sets, they make me cringe SO much.

You would've hated the site in its hey day then.

"Water. Ice. Jungle (wha-?) Earth. Stone. Fire. The BIONICLE storyline started out great, but everything changed when the plot got really complicated. Only one Toa could master all six elements, but when the fanbase sought him most, his toyline was discontinued. Four years have passed, and many in the fanbase believed BIONICLE was lost to LEGO history. My brother and I discovered the new Toa announcements on the Internet. Though these Toa haven't been released yet, we believe they can save BIONICLE."

©1984-2014 Toaraga EAM

COT Official Topics | Trade References | COT RPG Guidelines | Truth | A Naming Day Carol | Stars Review The trouble with the status quo is that it keeps changing."College dropout, Shego: they let me in; I let myself out." -Dr. Drakken No great feat was ever accomplished by those who gave into fear or caved under pressure. Earthquakes in many places.|| Busy with life

Today was the first day I saw the bios, so I have no idea what the layout was before the wall of text. I'm guessing since the major comment was over a typo and not the layout, it wasn't like that at first.

You make a good point. I don't think any Toa ever got a hammer. A few clubs, lots of axes...no hammer.

april_2_19___large.jpg

You would've hated the site in its hey day then.

"Water. Ice. Jungle (wha-?) Earth. Stone. Fire. The BIONICLE storyline started out great, but everything changed when the plot got really complicated. Only one Toa could master all six elements, but when the fanbase sought him most, his toyline was discontinued. Four years have passed, and many in the fanbase believed BIONICLE was lost to LEGO history. My brother and I discovered the new Toa announcements on the Internet. Though these Toa haven't been released yet, we believe they can save BIONICLE."

©1984-2014 Toaraga EAM

It always was a block of text as far as I recall, just they didn't have details that deserve separate bullet points and thus nothing to complain about aside from Onya and a sorta sloppy appearance compared to past bios.

I seriously do not hope this turns into a Legend of Chima meets Ninjago meets Hero Factory sort of thing. I can't help but miss the old storyline for the theme. As much as I know the chances of our getting a continuation of the old plot are close to nothing, it's sort of heartbreaking.

With that being said, they finally gave original Pohatu weapons. WEAPONS.

Edited by an0nym0s

I seriously do not hope this turns into a Legend of Chima meets Ninjago meets Hero Factory sort of thing. I can't help but miss the old storyline for the theme. As much as I know the chances of our getting a continuation of the old plot are close to nothing, it's sort of heartbreaking.

Yes, but at what cost!

Jeterangs?!...Why? Just Why? 

BZPRPG Characters

Yes, but at what cost!

Do you ever need a reason for Jeterangs?
  • Upvote 3

Yes, but at what cost!

With a silly name like that, yes you do.

Previously known as Aiwendil.

Yes, but at what cost!

With a silly name like that, yes you do.

You misspelled "awesome".
  • Upvote 2

Yes, but at what cost!

The question is not why, but why not?

I mean, come on: Jeterangs. They're boomerangs that you can attach to your feet and fly on. Think about that for a moment.

• Upvote 3
BZPRPG

Bio says they can be used as "Stormerangs" and a signature move is the  "Kaboom-arang"

It fits Pohatu well. After all, when he smashes everything in sight he'll hope he's far away when it all goes boom. Now, he can do that all at once!

Edited by -Windrider-

I HATE SCORPIOS

~Pohatu Master of Stone, 2015

Bio says they can be used as "Stormerangs" and a signature move is the  "Kaboom-arang"

*gif snip*

I don't see what the problem is here. Is it the name you object to? I suppose they could have just called them 'jet boomerangs' or 'storm boomerangs', but honestly I find the names now to be more fun, and quite fitting for BIONICLE. Even more so for Pohatu, who was always meant to be one of the more jovial and less serious Toa next to Lewa.

Edited by Vorahk1Panrahk2
  • Upvote 1
BZPRPG

*gif snip*

I don't see what the problem is here. Is it the name you object to? I suppose they could have just called them 'jet boomerangs' or 'storm boomerangs', but honestly I find the names now to be more fun, and quite fitting for BIONICLE. Even more so for Pohatu, who was always meant to be one of the more jovial and less serious Toa next to Lewa.

Obviously, the gif represents a person walking out the window to try out all of the sick new moves with their new Jeterangs/Stormerangs.

• Upvote 5

I HATE SCORPIOS

~Pohatu Master of Stone, 2015

Yes, but at what cost!

The question is not why, but why not?

I mean, come on: Jeterangs. They're boomerangs that you can attach to your feet and fly on. Think about that for a moment.

Am I the only one who thinks of Derek Jeter when I see that name?

Typos, bad formatting, weird picture sizes, the whole site looks like it was done by an unpaid intern. I hope they clean it up when they do the full update when it no longer is just a "sneak peek", it doesn't really fit in with the rest of the Lego site. The pictures don't even fit on my screen!

Edited by TuragaOfVirtues
  • Upvote 1

keetkiril.gifqSvBogp.jpgkeetkiril.gif

I actually can't say I mind the most recent update. It doesn't fix ALL the issues (most notably, the info is still in one block of text), but switching the non-header text to a sans-serif font with actual lowercase letters makes it a lot more readable than having everything in Trajan Pro. The larger images don't bother me either — they're scaled to the size of my browser window, allowing me to see great detail even when I don't view them full-size. There's still some polishing left to be done, but it's good to see that the web designers are making incremental improvements.