Can Bohrok-Kal use Krana (not -kal)?

Boidoh

Can they use regular Krana?

Add me on 3DS: 0516-7750-0068

Add me on Wii U: Boidoh

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 4: Never Trust a Snake

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 44: Corridor of Elders

Like, Comment, And Subscribe for Nintendo Content - NinBoidoh

Krana-Kal have different powers in and of it self. I think that it is the Krana-Kal that allows them to communicate, but I may be wrong, since the book with the -Kal is the only BIONICLE book (besides Raid on Vulcanus) that I haven't read...

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 4: Never Trust a Snake

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 44: Corridor of Elders

I think if you put a normal Krana into a Bohrok-Kal, it wouldn't be able to handle itself and its powers. Like Pahrak-Kal would shoot off plasma everywhere while running around crazily.

LOLOLOLOL

Anyway, it seemed like each set of 8 Krana-Kal was a hivemind, with them being able to switch places like Kanohi on a Suva. That's what the comics made it look like anyway.

So I would assume you could have a Va manually insert a regular Krana into the Bohrok-Kal, but then it wouldn't have the same mind as the Krana-Kal set. And, possibly what Fishers said.

Which would be hilarious.

• Upvote 2

Pk57sNJ.jpg

Krana-Kal are sentient. Krana are not.

You could have a Bohrok-Kal be piloted by a Krana, but it might not be pretty.

Alternatively you could have a Krana-Kal pilot a Bohrok, I think it would be pretty much like a Bohrok-Kal but using the primary elements (or acid because Lehvak is just a rebel like that).

• Upvote 4

I think if you put a normal Krana into a Bohrok-Kal, it wouldn't be able to handle itself and its powers. Like Pahrak-Kal would shoot off plasma everywhere while running around crazily.

I agree with this. However, in that case a Krana Kal should control a regular Bohrok correct?

Archon                      

"For one to truly feel alive, the person must kill oneself a little bit each and every day."

Check out my MOC, one of the new generation of Toa on Spherus Magna!

***Toa Kyraan***

Bohrok, and Bohrok-Kal, work the opposite way to Toa; Toa are sentient creatures wearing a mask, Krana are sentient masks wearing a Bohrok. So if we use the same logic as the Toa Nuva being able to use normal Kanohi, then it should be possible for Krana-Kal to use a Bohrok.

• Upvote 2

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

I think this would've spared us from seeing the first half of 2003. The Krana weren't functioning after the imprisonment of the Bahrag, only the Krana-Kal could have controlled any Bohrok (Kal or not) at that time. Had there been simple Krana inside the Kal, the Kal would've been awoken together with the other Bohrok and be rendered harmless after the defeat of the Bahrag.

I like to think they could, but why? If I had an option to lose my sentience, I would refuse it once, twice, and infinty over. I'm sure the Kal think likewise.

I personally think the Bohrok-Kal were pretty cool, just wish we could have seen them in action again in a flashback or something of the like (alt. universe maybe). I know people didn't like the clone sets, but hey, sentient slug suits with special pieces variants of something already released? I thought was cool. And we also go to see the Vahi too.

I just thought of a name for the 'kal substance': Kalydine (call-ey-deen/dine). That, is an Iaredios (E-are-ED-ee-oos) original. Behold!

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

So Kraata-Kal was exposed to Kalydine instead of energized protodermis? I can get behind that. Somebody get Greg's permission to put that on BS01 as canon.

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

And a completely unreleated question. When a, lets say Krana-Vu, attaches to a beings face, can they fly?

EDIT: Why did I even ask Greg!?  https://community.lego.com/t5/LEGO-General/Chat-with-Greg-Farshtey/m-p/11383989/highlight/true#M254798

Edited by Boidoh

And a completely unreleated question. When a, lets say Krana-Vu, attaches to a beings face, can they fly?

Well, Lewa was able to use the powers of the Krana Za (telepathy) when he was fighting Onua, so I'm quite sure that the Krana give others their powers when worn. :)

• Upvote 1

Animation_Mangaia.png.e38a5644c8a08bfd4c488514025b5017.png

Formerly Iron_Man5

Again, it's more like the Krana keep their powers whatever they attach to.

So Kraata-Kal was exposed to Kalydine instead of energized protodermis? I can get behind that. Somebody get Greg's permission to put that on BS01 as canon.

This already is canon; it's in its backstory in BIONICLE: Dark Hunters. If the Kraata had been exposed to energized protodermis, it would have been transformed into a Rahkshi.

"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
-- Harlan Ellison

I meant canonizing Kalydine. Everybody knows Kraata-Kal's backstory is canon. I'm saying we should get the name of the substance canonized.

• Upvote 1

I meant canonizing Kalydine. Everybody knows Kraata-Kal's backstory is canon. I'm saying we should get the name of the substance canonized.

Problem is Greg was supposed to run names by the legal department and when BIONICLE stopped in 2010 his right to do that expired. Who knows, he's canonizing stuff very freely right now so maybe he'll just forget that rule and accept this, but I'm not sure. :shrugs:

• Upvote 2

I thought that Kal Krana were mutated by Visorak venom. Could be another bonesquote that was false - my mind reads as disproven, but it's not pointing to the disproving data. 

*goes to look it up and finds something else*

Can the Bohrok Kal use krana, and vice versa?
No.

*bangs head on desk* 

What happens if you put a Krana-Kal into an ordinary Bohrok? I know the Kal saga is over, but I just had to know.
I would say a Kal krana could make a Bohrok run.

4. Were the Krana-kal mutated or specially bred by the Bahrag?

They were mutated.

Okay...

Edited by fishers64

I thought that Kal Krana were mutated by Visorak venom. Could be another bonesquote that was false - my mind reads as disproven, but it's not pointing to the disproving data.

I'm pretty sure Greg said it was a mix of two different substances. I'm no longer sure which two they were, though, and BS01 seems to avoid saying. I thought it was vissie venom and something else (EP???), but yeah, unsure...

• Upvote 1

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

Hordika venom? Where was this mentioned?

Plus weren't the Krana & Bohrok being mutated before the Visorak were even created?

If Kal-substance and Hordoka venom is same, then does that mean Hordika venom came before the Visorak? Chicken and egg scenario? :shrugs:

Archon                      

"For one to truly feel alive, the person must kill oneself a little bit each and every day."

Check out my MOC, one of the new generation of Toa on Spherus Magna!

***Toa Kyraan***

2) Does Visorak venom do anything to Kraata or Krana?

2) It could, if used on them, yes, since they are organic.

9. Is it possible for the Bahrag to make more Bohrok-Kal?

9) Yes

5. What was the substance used to mutate the Bohrok and Krana to the Kal variations?

5) Hasn't been revealed 

5. Will this substance be relevant to the storyline? If not, how are you going to reveal it?

5) I see no need to reveal it, since I am not planning any Bohrok-Kal stories. The Kal were the worst-selling sets we ever did and I prefer they stay gone.

4. Were the Bohrok-Kal transformed by the Bahrag, and if so, how? If not so, how? And when?

Yes, they were, ages ago. They were mutated.

I have a question. It is my understanding that the combined forms of three beings is called a Kaita, but could you confirm these terms:

Kal- Beings altered by powers other than Protodermis, eg. Bohrok-Kal

And yes, your terminology is accurate.

Greg

1.) How could the Bohrok-Kal be mutated when they are basically robots? Mutation is something that happens to living organisms.

Well, first off, there is precedent in comics for "robots" being mutated -- it happened to the Sentinels from X-Men due to solar flares once. And virtually everything on Mata Nui is biomechanical, even if not living as we understand life.. remember, they are always referred to as "artificial life," which means they can be mutated.

8. How were the Bohrok-Kal "mutated?"

Probably by a combination of energies. 

Hey GregF: Just one question...

5. I forgot if this has been answered, but are Bohrok Kal just elite Bohrok, or are they created through EP or another substance?

5) Bohrok-Kal are mutated Bohrok, but there is no proof that EP had anything to do with their mutation

You answered that for someone else, but when I asked you this back in '03 when the Kal came out, you said that they were created by a mixture of the Bahrag's energies and Energized Protodermis. So, what is the story reason behind this?

-TOoMN-

How about the fact that you asked me three years ago, and can't reasonably expect me to remember what I answered three years ago?

The Encyclopedia states that how they were mutated is a mystery, but that it is rumored the Bahrag distilled energy from a mutagenic substance, possibly Visorak venom or some variation of that.

The Encyclopedia has might be good enough here. I back checked that member who made that last post, The Order of Mata-Nui, back to 2003 in the Discussion and I didn't find the corollary, so he could be mis-remembering.  

Then we get this: 

when i was reading the comic when the bohrok-kal first appeared, i woundered, how where they created? i know makuta created the normal bohrok, but how did he make them so diffrent? and so more intelligant? i strange thought crossed my mind, did 6 bohrok fall in protodermis, the same thing that changed the toa into toa nuva?

Makuta did not create the Bohrok. The Kal were created by the Bahrag, using a mutagenic substance. EP was not involved.

In any case, later Greg forgetconned a lot of what the original answers said above, which is probably why BS01 is so vague. 

Problem is Greg was supposed to run names by the legal department and when BIONICLE stopped in 2010 his right to do that expired. Who knows, he's canonizing stuff very freely right now so maybe he'll just forget that rule and accept this, but I'm not sure. :shrugs:

It would be pretty cool if I could finally be able to contribute to a story I have been following for half of my life. :D But as others have said, the legal team is usually involved with such matters, and they are too busy with G2 to worry about previous continuity.

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

As the Krana is the one using the Bohrok and not the other way around, an ordinary Krana probably couldn't pilot a Kal body, much in the same way that a Matoran cannot wear a Great Kanohi without hurting themselves. However, by the same analogy, I'm sure a Krana-Kal could pilot a regular Bohrok, in the same way that a Toa can use a Noble Kanohi.

Edited by Uhmbra

LOLOLOLOL

Anyway, it seemed like each set of 8 Krana-Kal was a hivemind, with them being able to switch places like Kanohi on a Suva. That's what the comics made it look like anyway.

So I would assume you could have a Va manually insert a regular Krana into the Bohrok-Kal, but then it wouldn't have the same mind as the Krana-Kal set. And, possibly what Fishers said.

Which would be hilarious.

Krana-Kal are switched out manually by Bohrok Va, like normal Krana.

The Bohrok-Kal were capable of speech, which has interesting implications for this subject. The speaking is tied to the Krana-Kal having greater intelligence, but are the Bohrok-Kal specifically engineered to facilitate verbal language in addition to different powers? If so, it's very possible neither type of Krana could control the incorrect Bohrok.

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

Well, in the comics the Krana-Kal were able to talk to the Toa-Nuva and Turaga without being in a Bohrok-Kal, so I would suspect that the Kal variants could control the regular Bohrok units, as per the various comments above.

I would have to agree with the folks here saying that a regular Krana could not use a Bohrok-Kal, aside from the fact that a Kal unit needs the sort of autonomy not allowed for regular Krana, the Kal have powers that the Krana might not even "know" how to use. I mean, sure if you had to make due you might be able to get a really inefficient Bohrok-Kal, but it would probably only be able to walk around and stuff, things that Bohrok can do without the use of Krana anyways.

So could a Krana use a Bohrok-Kal? No, I don't think so, but I wouldn't be surprised if a Krana-Kal could use a regular Bohrok.

mnog3d_banner.jpg

biofight042_banner_plasmarun.png

-END OF LINE-

Another completely unrelated question, but I don't want to create a new topic... I guess this time, , and this time only, I will ask some stuff here before going directly to Gregory...

1) A.What is Lehvak-Kal  made of? Protosteel?

B. What is the Ignika made of?

2.) Who is in possession of Lehvak-Kal's Krana-Kal?

3.) Can Bohrok-Kal operate without Krana?

b. If yes, what is Lehvak-Kal doing in space?

4) When his orbit decays will he completely be obliterated in the atmosphere?

b. The Ignika didn't, why should he? Greg told me that he will eventually burn up in the atmosphere. 

5) How long can Lehvak-Kal stay in orbit? He has been just floating up there for about a year (BIONICLE time).

• Upvote 1

1. A) I dunno, probably the same stuff Matoran armour is made of

B) Whatever the Inika's made of it's a heckuva lot more durable than a Bohrok.

2. I think Lehvak-Kal's Krana was still inside it. Not a lot of good vacuum powers do in the vacuum of space though :P

Uncertain if a bohrok-kal would work with any krana, but if it could it would be under the same limitations(if not greater) that an unoperated Bohrok would have, ie it could only do stuff if it had recieved direct orders from something(like a krana or matoran)

I think that answers 3.A) & B)

4. A) Who knows what will happen to it when it's orbit finally decays, assuming it hasn't already fallen into Aqua Manga, slammed into the Giant Robot's face, or gotten destroyed in the final battle.

B) Inika is more durable for a number of reasons, including its materials and possibly its powers, again, see answer to 1.B)

5. well, it shot off like an airsoft rocket on steroids. So anywhere between 1 hour to several years

mnog3d_banner.jpg

-END OF LINE-

Greg confirmed Lehvak-Kal is orbiting SM.

My friend is into astronomy and what-not, so I usually pose a BIONICLE question and asks him for a physics answer. He was wondering how could something with such a low mass stay in orbit for that long...

Wasn't his Krana-Kal launched from the suit before he rocketed into the void of space?

Not according to the comics, no, that was Kohrak-Kal that had it's Krana escape...

Mayhaps the books say something different?

As for the Lehrak-Kal, I haven't the foggiest... it remaining in orbit could be due to whatever it is that allows a super-massive planet to exist without crushing it's inhabitants under the weight of their own skulls. Or perhaps no one on the story team bothered to actually calculate the results of it's being shot into space in a humorous death scene that they then forgot about. I also didn't calculate it either, so I'm just guessing.

Edited by The Undertaken

mnog3d_banner.jpg

-END OF LINE-

Another completely unrelated question, but I don't want to create a new topic... I guess this time, , and this time only, I will ask some stuff here before going directly to Gregory...

b. The Ignika didn't, why should he? Greg told me that he will eventually burn up in the atmosphere. 

5) How long can Lehvak-Kal stay in orbit? He has been just floating up there for about a year (BIONICLE time).

That's a nice list :) I'm wondering if you're asking these questions just "out of the blue" or if they're related to something else you're thinking about? You say in your next post you're wondering how it is possible for something with such a small mass to stay in orbit, if that's the reason you're asking these questions I think it's a good idea to explain that to Greg. For example, if you're asking (question #1) whether Lehvak-Kal is made out of Protosteel because you're thinking Protosteel must be very heavy and that would be the reason for him to be able to stay in orbit, I think it's a good idea to clarify that. Otherwise I think he'll simply say "No, Lehvak-Kal is made of metallic Protodermis like all other Bohrok and Bohrok-Kal.".

Also, I dunno why you assume Lehvak-Kal must be very heavy to be able to orbit Aqua Magna? :shrugs: As far as I know an object of any mass can orbit an object of any other mass as long as the distance between the two objects is exactly right. When I was in high school, a couple of guys were doing the "CanSat" challenge: they were going to send a satellite built from a Coca Cola canister into orbit around the Earth. If a soda can can orbit Earth I think a Bohrok-Kal can orbit Aqua Magna.

That's a nice list :) I'm wondering if you're asking these questions just "out of the blue" or if they're related to something else you're thinking about? You say in your next post you're wondering how it is possible for something with such a small mass to stay in orbit, if that's the reason you're asking these questions I think it's a good idea to explain that to Greg. For example, if you're asking (question #1) whether Lehvak-Kal is made out of Protosteel because you're thinking Protosteel must be very heavy and that would be the reason for him to be able to stay in orbit, I think it's a good idea to clarify that. Otherwise I think he'll simply say "No, Lehvak-Kal is made of metallic Protodermis like all other Bohrok and Bohrok-Kal.".

Also, I dunno why you assume Lehvak-Kal must be very heavy to be able to orbit Aqua Magna? :shrugs: As far as I know an object of any mass can orbit an object of any other mass as long as the distance between the two objects is exactly right. When I was in high school, a couple of guys were doing the "CanSat" challenge: they were going to send a satellite built from a Coca Cola canister into orbit around the Earth. If a soda can can orbit Earth I think a Bohrok-Kal can orbit Aqua Magna.

Related to something much larger. This is just one small piece of it. If it wasn't, this would have been taken to the message boards a long time ago.

But how long did that thingy orbit the Earth?

EDIT: No CanSat has ever left the atmosphere or even orbited earth.

From Wikipedia
Edited by Boidoh

Related to something much larger. This is just one small piece of it.

OK, but unless it's for a fanfic or something I think it's a good idea to include Greg in what you're planning since he's just making up these answers as he goes. If the answers to these questions have implications on larger questions or theories you have, then there's a good chance that Greg's answers will contradict your theories even if they're the most elegant theories there are. However, if you explain your theories to him beforehand he can decides whether he likes them.

But how long did that thingy orbit the Earth?

EDIT: No CanSat has ever left the atmosphere or even orbited earth.

From Wikipedia

I guess the guys forgot to tell me that :D

The page links to a page about "Miniaturized satellites" though, which are satellites with a mass of less than 500 kg. The page says they are further subdivided into "small satellites", "microsatellites" "nanosatellites" etc. all the way down to "femtosatellites" which are supposed to have a mass of less than 100 grams. Apparently there are a lot of "CubeSats", nanosatellites in the shape of a cube, and you can find Wikipedia pages about them as well. Hayato for example weighed 1.5 kg and was in orbit for 39 days, and Alexander weighed 500 grams and was in orbit for about a week. AeroCube 3 even orbited for over a year and a half while weighing only 1 kg!

• Upvote 1