Rpg: Starscape

Xomeron

Oh yeah, just rub in how stupid I was. That's the right way to handle this.Get on with the bloody game. The Syrrinx are dead or enslaved, and they don't matter anymore.

That being said, thag thag thaggity thag thagness.

-Rover

"A memo was sent to Astaria asking if it would at all be possible to make a flying goat."

"The Astarians responded that making a goat fly would be trivial; making it land safely would be another matter entirely."

OOC: Well, you could have at least had the fun of fighting the war to its conclusion, regardless of what that conclusion would be. Also, I'm a bit curious as to which races would enslave the Syrrinx. More likely, if the civilians don't fight tooth-and-claw, the Diemawr would make an effort to integrate them into their society.IC(Post-War): With the Syrrinx military machine defeated, the Diemawr have put in a motion with the Pact to claim the planets of Calinar and Ath, citing the loss of two Marwolaeth Mawr, ten Marwolaeth, and heavy damage sustained by the Dugrhyfel in support of the validity of their claim. Indications are made that the take-over will be primarily political, with any native civilians who choose to remain on-planet fully able to take part in the local Conclave.Meanwhile, a petition from the Goron-Trysor Conclave has led the Lord President to posthumously declare the Syrrinx diplomats war criminals for their detonation of their embassy, which cost the lives of one-hundred fifty Diemawr warriors, the entire Syrrinx embassy staff, thirty-two local civilians, and an uncertain cost in environmental destruction.In other news, factories on Diemwnt-Drwg and Diemwnt-Cwn are gearing up to replace the losses taken in the Syrrinx war, starting with the two lost Marwolaeth Mawr, though the work has been delayed as the Lord President has ordered the re-evaluation of the design. The Dugrhyfel, meanwhile, has been drydocked for repairs at Diemwnt-Blaidd.OOC: Extrapolating the likely losses from the fights, since you didn't feel up to going all the way through the fight. The Branrhyfel, going up against a fully-operational Dragon, was essentially doomed, and the Dugrhyfel would have been unbelievably lucky to escape unscathed.

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

OOC: Its called constructive criticism Xom. I'm offering it, its free. I'm not pointing these things out to rub it in your face, I'm pointing them out because it will help you in the long run. Of course thats only if you listen, and don't throw it back in my face because you're a little stung we didn't play exactly how you wanted usIC: "We should convene at an appropriate meeting spot," the Alizarin suggested, "With the unfortunate extinguishing of the Syrrinx, we have ten free systems in the sector. We should divide them up properly."

7AOYGDJ.jpg

OOC: For clarity (and to accurately portray the Diemawr), I'm going to treat the Syrrinx as governmentally dead, not actually extinct.IC: The Lord President's response to this Alizarin suggestion was positive, but with less-than-subtle hints that the Diemawr firmly believed that they deserved to gain control over those two planets.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

OOC...Well, that was somewhat unexpected but wth. I'll update the maps ASAP.IC [Location: Citmagine. Identity: Head Admiral]"Yes, well, we Natsirt would like to be sure that we will not find yet another invasion fleet baring down on us if we take the assault of our vessel seriously. I can promise no... permanent or mass civilian deaths will occur, but we wish to make it clear to the Leben that sabotaging and attacking our vessels is not tolerated." The Head Admiral shrugged. "Meanwhile, how goes the Syrrinx situation?"

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

OOC: I contacted Xom, and he said I was allowed to fix my mistake and 'move' to those systems.IC: [General][industry Report]Available/Sum of IP points: 6/13 IP29-3: Completed Standard Colonizer.13-3: Completed 10 Luqis luqis.png fighters.30-3: Completed 10 Luqis luqis.png fighters.31-3: Completed 10 Luqis luqis.png fighters.10-3: Completed 10 Hiald hiald.png fighters.13-3, 30-3, 31-3, 10-3: Became Inner Worlds @ 12/8/11, will become Core Worlds @ 12/18/11[ship Report]13-3: 1 Sahku sahku.png exploration starship, 1 Jihek jihek.png frigate gunboat, 20 Luqis luqis.png fighters, 10 Hiald hiald.png fighters.30-3: 5 Jihek jihek.png frigate gunboats, 20 Luqis luqis.png fighters, 10 Hiald hiald.png fighters.31-3: 5 Jihek jihek.png frigate gunboats, 20 Luqis luqis.png fighters, 10 Hiald hiald.png fighters.10-3: 1 Jihek jihek.png frigate gunboat, 20 Luqis luqis.png fighters, 20 Metek fighters, 20 Hiald hiald.png fighters.

Edited by Vigor Mortis

-[bZRPG Profiles]-

- [Vejmeq] - [isiak] - [Qathek] -

IC: It is done.The gods have triumphed against the demons, as was foretold.A meeting of all Pact members was requested on Bivali Mun.Construction continued on the Colonizer, as well as replacements for the flight of small ships and the battleship that had been lost. Repairs were underway on all ships.

Well, would you just look at that?

bread.gif

I'm a piece of toast.

IC: Update:4 Tari Frigates and 20 Vigro Fighters are active. Viscount Battleship and Starbase are still in construction.The Admiral glanced out onto space, seeing an endless amount of stars. "Ensign! Command the engineers to set coordinates to (3-29)! Scouting in these regions is essential!" Go!" The Admiral ordered the Ensign harshly. Time was of the essence, and he did not want to lose it. 3 Tari-Class-Frigates to (3-29).2nd Update:16 Corria-Class-Corvettes (4 pts) (3-48) 1 week and 4 days 6 Fyriin-Class-Destroyers (6 pts) (3-47) 3 days

IC:One of the technologies gained from the Diemawr's already-beginning overtake of the new worlds was an exotic metal, the core of the Syrrinx Antimatter containment system. Called Ambrium by the Syrrinx, it maintained a shell of fixed-in-place electrons on its outer edge, rather than an electron cloud; this unique property held Antiprotons, with their negative charge, a set distance away, and a perfect sphere of Ambrium could hold antiprotons stably with no power draw whatsoever.The other was access to the highly efficient but unstable antimatter drive, and the several hundred Accelerators used to generate the Antimatter that had been the core of Syrrinx industry.

-Rover

"A memo was sent to Astaria asking if it would at all be possible to make a flying goat."

"The Astarians responded that making a goat fly would be trivial; making it land safely would be another matter entirely."

OOCYaknow, you can always use antihydrogen or something and use it's ionized plasma state to keep it away from the walls. It's how fusion reactors keep their walls from being vaporized; when the charge is applied the plasma auto-pulls away from the walls of the chamber. That's how one of my future weapons works; it uses that method to contain the antimatter.

voidstars.png

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

OOC: The Syrrinx had ten systems allotted to them, under the terms of the Pactum Quintum. With them now out the picture those worlds are free, and its who those should fall to that the Alizarin want to discuss. I think it should be two to the Treanuans, two to the Alizarin and three to the Diemawr, since they took the most damageIC: One of the Icterine from Glaucous was loaded up and sent to Bivali Mun. If they were going to settle things, they were going to do it properly and through the official channels

7AOYGDJ.jpg

OOCDo I foresee a potential land dispute? Awesome.IC [Location: Citamgine. Identity: General]Having received no warnings from the Alizarin, the TAP fleet began finishing up the final logistics issues, the fleet making formation as it prepared to go to Leben Prime to make a... demonstration. The Head Admiral had finished his conversation with the Alizarin on a polite but strained note, telling an ensign as he left the room to send a Valiant class vessel to act as a delegation to see what was happening in the sector.OOCTAP First Battle Fleet;2 Homeworlds4 Valiants2 Sicarii2 Praesidii6 Eversmanii2 LutraLast Breath of the EnemyInfinitusAlso, I apologize for the lack of map updates; I'm at my cousins, so I don't have access to GIMP.

Edited by Cartographer Alex Humva

voidstars.png

IC: [3-29, Abjiost. Master of Mind Lojekek]It was quite a day. First, Scholar of Mind Hokenj of Homsej had commandeered the Colonizer Ship, and was moving away from Abjiost so that it could activate the FTL drive.And now this. Ships, each holding minds that existed outside of the Lopec, had appeared in 3-29."Hail! This the Admiral of the Rakatan Navy! Respond or be destroyed!"Lojekek had suspected that life and minds existed far off in the universe, but never this close, nor that they would express such transparent aggression. And so, he responded."I speak as Lojekek, of the race, of the Lopec. I know not what you are, but we do not so easily declare willingness to give oblivion to others as you do. I would wish that we may speak as mind in sight of mind, yet now is a difficult time. The ship which is leaving this planet has been taken by an... enemy of mine. If you wish for destruction, fire upon the thrusters, rendering it immobile. If you do this, I would thank you and extend pleasantries for further speech soon afterward."In case they should decline or attack the world itself, Lojekek sent out a signal, calling for reinforcements from the worlds to either secure the Colonizer Ship or defend the homeworld.Forces warping to 3-29:13-3: 1 Sahku sahku.png exploration starship30-3: 3 Jihek jihek.png frigate gunboats31-3: 3 Jihek jihek.png frigate gunboats

Edited by Vigor Mortis

-[bZRPG Profiles]-

IC: Coloniser completed over Kalaras (1-9).Lontra heavy cruiser completed over Czalath (1-8).Kaere (1-7) upgraded to Inner World.Coloniser sent to (1-32). The new colony designated Inosa.Construction begun on a coloniser (1-9) to be completed 12-17.

misaka_76_banner_800.jpg

IC [Location: Leben Homeworld. Identity: Head Admiral]When the last two Eversmanii arrived, the fleet disembarked, quickly cutting through the one world that stood in their way and appearing over Leben Prime. The Head Admiral stood on the bridge of the Last Breath of the Enemy, the largest fleet ever assembled now powering up their engines. The fleet was out ten million kilometers from the homeworld of the Leben, moving slowly. They were in no rush; hence why the Head Admiral was doing something like standing up, invest of being bolted into a chair by his vest. The cameras on the bridge turned on and an image of the Head Admiral was transmitted to the Leben world."Leben government," the Head Admiral said. "You have attacked a sovereign vessel of the Natsirt Star Empire with no provocation; you came under the pretense of peace and instead sabotaged our vessel. We, however, know that the actions of a few individuals cannot be held to an entire race. Which is why we come here today; we do not wish for war, but if you do we will fight. The Leben government is officially being annexed into the Trilateral Alliance of Planets; your people will not be harmed, your way of life will not be disrupted. Your military vessels will however be given an official Alliance supervisor, so incidents like this will not happen in the future. Your government will also obey all rulings of the TAP committee as well as the TAP charter."To make that point clear, all vessels began charging their weaponry, and Leben sensors would quite clearly see it."I suggest you accept this offer." The admiral shrugged. "If you don't... well, you can imagine what'll happen from there."OOCIn GaCivII, this would probably be the 'neutral' option xD TAP First Battle Fleet is the same except for two Eversmanii arriving.

voidstars.png

OOC: Let's just say that if the Diemawr don't get at least those two worlds they asked for, they will be more than a little cross.IC(Tech): Salvage from the Syrrinx had provided the Diemawr with interesting pieces of technology - admittedly, they'd had to send scouting crews down to Ath before the requested meeting to do so, but they were going to keep that detail quiet - that they weren't quite sure how to handle. Antimatter had, in Diemawr technology, been avoided - not out of any sort of fear, they were just fairly certain it couldn't be controlled. Here, though, was evidence - very tangible evidence, at that - that the Syrrinx had figured out how to effectively use antimatter.A message was sent to the Alizarin, informing them of the Syrrinx technology, and requesting advice on the handling of it. The Diemawr regarded the Alizarin as experts on energy systems, so it was natural that they would be the ones consulted for this.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

OOC: Oh look my first real IC in ages.IC(1-8): Commander Torsi Kelrosh sat in the command seat on the bridge of the newly launched Kalarii Federation Lontra Cruiser Acanius. The ship was a slightly upscaled version of the standard Lutra cruiser with heavier armour and weaponry. Commander Kelrosh had been ordered to aid the Star Empire vessels that had been attacked by a Leben ship in the newly claimed 1-32 system. The Ascanius had already been accelerating for a while now, and only needed to reach jump range to leave the Czalath system. The yellow light on the navigator's control board turned blue, indicating he ship was far enough from a massive body to execute a jump. The navigator brought his gloved hand down upon a large button next to the light, and the ship disappeared from Czalath space.~~~(1-32$)The ship reappeared in 1-32, as close to the reported Natsirt coordinates as possible. The ship decelerated so it would not reach the other ships too quickly. At the new velocity, the Lontra cruiser was fifteen minutes out from the position of the other two ships. The weapons controller started the warmup cycle for the close range laser cannons and set up a targetting lock for the ship's main weapon, a heavy missile battery.The communications officer opened a FTL line to the Natsirt ship, and Commander Kelrosh began to speak. "Natsirt ship, seperate yourself from your entanglement. You are in our line of fire. Your best course of action would be to move in our direction, so our close range armaments can provide support."

misaka_76_banner_800.jpg

OOC: Wait, is it a NPC or yours?IC:"The Rakata would gladly destroy a fellow enemy warship! I will send a diplomat corps to your planet. My remaining ships will attack that cruiser! Onward!" The Admiral answered as 1 Tari Frigate left to the planet and The Admiral and 1 other Tari shot towards the enemy vessel.

OOC: Yes, Lojekek is the leader of the race.IC: [3-29, Abjiost]The bolts struck the rear engines of the Colonizer Ship, an in a great plume of fire in the void they were destroyed. The ship was now only guided by inertia, and would not have time to reach a distance far enough to activate the FTL drive.How could ships have been mobilized so quickly? There were no defense ships in the home system, who were they?And as they circled, passing in front of the transparent cockpit, Hokenj saw that they were by no means any Lopec ship ever built.Just then, six Jiheks and a Sahku dropped out of warp many kilometers in front of the ship, and began to approach.Back on the homeworld, Lojekek was informed of this, and sent another message to the leader of the alien beings."I thank you for this, would they have gone but a bit farther they would be lost to us. You may cease fire, my reinforcements have arrived, they will retake the ship. Send your emissary to these coordinates on the surface."

-[bZRPG Profiles]-

IC: Another Icterine was dispatched to Ath. This was was bearing a few of the technological secrets gleaned from the salvaged Dragon, which hopefully might be of use."You are aware we are discussing redistribution of planets on the Treanuan holding of Bivali Mun, yes?"OOC: Okay, by my count it takes 40 days for a planet to upgrade all the way from a colony to a forge world. I colonised four planets at the start of the game, early Nov 1. Its now early Dec 11. So forty days have passed and those four are now forge worlds, yes? I've not screwed up basic maths like last time?That being the case, I'm jiggling my fleet around...IC: On Ultramarine-[Pheremone S]-Teal in system 2-4, the fleet was dispersing. The Ceruleans Honour and Sorrow traversed to Iris and Turquoise respectively, while the four Jonquil were moved to Palatinate. With its shipyards cleared, the fleet from Glaucous could move in. As soon as it did their great Carnelian was put into dry-dock storage so they would have room to complete another large ship. The bombing of the Syrrinx cities had disheartened them, they wanted a better solution. So the Amaranth, an enormous craft with dropship capabilities had been devised. Should the need for an invasion ever arrive they would be readyConstruction of the Jade-class starbase at Glaucous had finished during the brief war, and with the fleet moved abroad, they now had the room to build a coloniser...

Edited by The Power that Is

7AOYGDJ.jpg

OOC: Oh yes, that reminds me.IC(Golau-a-Gobaith): With the Syrrinx effectively eliminated as a military force, the Deimawr scout was on its way to Bivali Mun to attend the meeting on redistribution of Syrrinx territory.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

OOC: Yes, yes it was. Ah, that means my beautiful plan can go as scheduled. You see, by the time the coloniser is finished Silver-Celeste in 2-3 will have become an Inner World, with two industry points going spare (it has no ships). So it can absorb the negative industry from a new planet and I can get another coloniser building. And by the time that one is done the new planet will have become self-sufficient so Silver-Celeste will only have to buffer the one the second coloniser goes out to, and I can get building a third coloniser...So yeah, guess who has infinite colonisations :biggrin:

Edited by The Power that Is

7AOYGDJ.jpg

OOC: Well, you'll have to make sure only your Homeworld is building colonisers, plus, if you colonise more than your share of Sector 2, the whole rest of the Pact is going to be rather cross with you.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

IC: [3-29, Abjiost. Master of Mind Lojekek]The emissary group had landed on the surface, and was on their way to the chamber of the Assembly of the Undertaking. Lojekek looked around at the gathered thousand of minds, each occupying a niche in the lower half of the massive spherical room. The top half swirled with data and graphs and tables and images, and each of the representatives were in discussion about blueprints for a project they dubbed the 'Ark of Aeons'. Looking to a sparsely seated portion of the chamber, Lojekek decided that with this news a new area of study must be made, that of the understanding and study of alien life."The Assembly will commence, and commit to silence." At that, the talking stopped, and the graphs and charts flew away on the top half of the sphere, now showing an image of the galaxy itself. Lojekek in his mechanical form was easily twice the size of a normal bulbous Lopec, and he had been built with twice as many opposadendrites. His silver and dark blue carapace gleamed across the reflected stars in the image above his head, and his six cyan eyes turned upwards to match the searing and piercing eye of the galaxy.So much to know, so much to explore, so much to become. The race will not falter, for one day the body of the race will extend across stars and form a net that we may catch knowledge with as it falls from the heavens. Our mission transcends the individual, and extends across faceless billions to make a wholesome face that is the Lopec race in all.There was a whirring, and the main door prepared to open. Six thousand eyes turned to see, to be beholden to the aliens.

Edited by Vigor Mortis

-[bZRPG Profiles]-

OOC: So is this conference going to agree that the Natiru don't get anything from this conflict? Wonderful news for the Diemawr, who really might get into working on colonisation now that the only neighbor they were uneasy about is gone.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

OOC: I'll still be popping in to roleplay some of the Syrrinx actions. Come to think of it, I was hasty in killing Sienta and Seela.IC:The detached and broken remains of the Syrrinx government, a cabal of six leaders whose resurrection installations had survived the invasions sent a request to the Diemawr, asking to let them attend meetings that could affect the rest of the Syrrinx people.

-Rover

IC: The request from the Syrrinx was received, and theSyrrinx were told to send an unarmed civilian vessel to Bivali Mun. Although, seeing as all of their armed ships were destroyed, an unarmed ship was probably the only option, really.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

IC:A Syrrinx Merchant Navy ship was conscripted, and three passengers' worth of important cargo sent towards the world, to arrive soon enough.

-Rover

OOC: All colonies except 2-33 upgraded to Forge Worlds.Colonizer complete.Ground fortifications started on 2-34.IC: With the new colonizer complete, a colony was established on 2-44, on a wet, cool world with many lush islands in a deep sea. It was designated Mahalo, or "Paradise".IC: In 2-43, over the moist, sandy world of Bivali Mun, the arriving delegates were greeted.Welcome to Bivali Mun, of the Treanuan Dominion. Please land at the coordinates which will be transmitted to you. While our meeting will be underwater, we will have an air pocket set aside for the terrestrial races in a special chamber connected to the meeting hall.

Well, would you just look at that?

bread.gif

I'm a piece of toast.

IC: The Icterine Bringer of Sight to Sightless arrived at Bivali Mun, and since all Alizarin craft were built to be amphibious, just dived under the water. It powered through the water to reach the co-ordinatesThe other Icterine was the Unswerving Speed in the Face of the Abyss, sent to the Diemawr to discuss technology. It was currently passing through 2-15

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC(Golau-a-Gobaith): The Diemawr scout-ship arrived, after hoping through several intervening systems, at Bivali Mun. With the meeting taking place underwater - and the Golau being a spaceship, not a submarine - the Diemawr were more than a little bit confused."Treanuans, confirm. No landing site presents itself. Unarmed exoskeleton hot-dropping from high atmosphere above coordinates indicated for meeting."A hatch on the scout slid open, and a single armored figure - dangling wires from the weapons systems that had rather hastily been ripped out when the Diemawr decided to use it to make an entrance - descended from the Diemawr ship to the ocean of Bivali Mun, the suit's occupant trusting in a computer-controlled parachute system to soften the fall. It might have been a less practical entrance than that made by the Alizarin, but with an understandably thick race like the Diemawr, it was pretty much inevitable.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom