Rpg: Starscape

Xomeron

IC:"We expected a simple business venture, even an international one, wouldn't concern the Lord President himself." Was the response. The Cabal mostly being brainy types rather than business thinkers or politicians, no-one had given much mind to the change in government. As it happened, the Syrrinx Republic's constitution was redrawn every twenty-eight years, and the Diemawr takeover had been no more hectic than any constitutional change, except it had come eight years early; the Syrrinx as a people were accustomed to such change, since an average Syrrinx saw six of those in a single lifetime, and who's to say they were limited to one?OOC:Starscape: Begin Ascension to Tech Level II

Edited by King Of Shadows
That being said, thag thag thaggity thag thagness.

-Rover

"A memo was sent to Astaria asking if it would at all be possible to make a flying goat."

"The Astarians responded that making a goat fly would be trivial; making it land safely would be another matter entirely."

IC(Ath): "It is an international matter, involving - due to your choice of venue - a rather important planet. Dishonourable warfare is not unknown to us - false-flag attacks, peace-time assassinations, even espionage have happened in our history. Trust me, the Lord President has enough time on his hands to approve the occasional business meeting."This was, truthfully, an understatement - the Lord President had a tendency for playing board-games while filling out paperwork. Generally, no-one but a computer was willing to play against him, and it was rumored in the capitol that the computer had spontaneously developed the capacity to feel humiliation and grief.OOC: I'm seriously digging writing as the Diemawr right now, especially since I've got snapshots from their history in 2 different RPGs, a third planned RPG, and the Christmas story I'm still procrastinating on.

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

OOCHey, look, it's the -CENSORED- tech meeting! That should be fun.IC [Citamgine/General]The response was received, understood, and ships were immediately rallied. The Last Breath of the Enemy, one Kalarii Lutra, and one Imperium Sicarii were formed to represent the TAP. Scientists and negotiators were shuffled about, and the fleet would jump within the hour.There was a response sent, however. "We wish to know what sort of security measures will be in place. We are grateful to the Diemawr for crushing the Syrrinx, but you can understand how we might feel troubled to put our lives in the hands of aliens that, a few days ago, had likely been our enemies."OOCThere's going be some very hard questions asked at this meeting, as the Natsirt really want to know what the Diemawr and Trenuans were doing before they destroyed the Syrrinx. And if they find out a fleet of ships were ready to invade Citamgine... well, no blood was drawn so no hard feelings, but they'll going watch the Pact with an even closer and more suspicious eye, considering as it stands they are the largest and most capable force to overpower the TAP.IC [3-13/Ensign]Upon arrival in 3-13, a Natsirt ensign gave the Kalarii communications officer a pad with a message drawn up by the Natsirt. Whether or not the officer actually used it was up to him, but it was fairly general."Unidentified aliens; these are vessels representing the Kalarii Federation and further more the Trilateral Alliance of Planets. We request that a workup of your language be sent to aid translators. We do not mean harm, and wish to negotiate with you."OOCWAITWHAT IS THISPAGE FIFTY?Celebration is in order for the only person being killed thusfar is Xom.Also, Phonecia has upgraded to Inner World.

Edited by Cartographer Alex Humva

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

OOC: Hard questions, sure - and some races are going to be lying through their teeth, likely as not. I know the Diemawr are going to be keen to sweep the situation under the rug.IC(Diemawr Security): "The security measures in place will be as much for our safety as yours - we are thus disinclined to give a full listing of the units in place. Suffice it to say that security will be sufficient to handle any possible emergency."

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

OOCLying will last only so long with the Natsirt; they'll figure it out, one way or another. They already trust the Pact as far as they can throw them, and while they're trying to be chummy with them it's basically a forced peace because they realize that, if someone could destroy a battlefleet the size that invaded their colony, the Natsirt navy will not stand much better of a chance.IC [Citamgine/General]The response was acknowledged, a memo being sent to the fleet to be sure to have armor on the delegations. The Natsirt would be wearing the powered armor version of their space suits, bulkier and thicker armor that had hydraulics to make the three hundred pounds it weighed seem like ten to the wearer. Having solid titanium-tungsten plates with carbon nanotube undercloth, it would be able to survive a beating if an assassination attempt was planned.OOCBasically these things stand eight feet tall, and look something like Master Chief's armor, if slightly bigger, as even Chief only stood at seven feet. So think Chief, a foot taller.IC [baross/General]With much of their industry free, the Imperium plotted out what to do and began building a new wave of vessels for their navy; four Praesidii over Ithaka, one Sicarii over Gallia, and one Praetorian over Masada.OOCETA on ships 22nd.

voidstars.png

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

OOC: Well of course, but while the Natsirt may be masters of espionage, the Diemawr are masters of stubbornly blocking things and lying with a straight face.Now, to really get the firing squad geared up, it is time to begin construction on a single Gryman-o-Bydoedd over Calinar. In other news, the Dugrhyfel and Marchogrhyfel have moved to Ath to provide space-based security for the event.IC(Diemawr Security): The primary security force for the event would consist of a full company of power-armored Diemawr troops - though all weapons would be remotely locked in safe-mode, making them more of an honor-guard than anything else. Elsewhere on former Syrrinx worlds, Diemawr forces were working on training Syrrinx for ground combat, so they could be used as an effective security force for their own events.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

OOCGenetics and spying. Odd mixture, but it works. The Diemawr are going be rather interesting players soon enough; with their industrial base and the Syrrinx industry combined, they're going have a massive industry base that could, potentially, allow them to overpower both the Trenuans and Alizarin. I'll have to keep my eyes on this.

voidstars.png

OOC: Eh, the Alizarin are the absolute last ones I'd want to attack. They make very good allies, and they're sensible. The Treanuans might be more likely targets in isolation, but without Alizarin approval, the Diemawr would be unlikely to make the first strike.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

OOC: The Alizarin are unlikely to attack anyone, purely because I prefer to have odds stacked heavily in my favour before making any kind of aggressive moveIC: The Alizarin ran the Syrrinx request back to the Diemawr."We assume you will still be allowing this meeting?" the diplomat asked, "What sort of complement should we send?"

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC(Diemawr Security): "Confirmed, we will attend and host the meeting. Given the group calling for the meeting, it is likely to be purely scientific in nature, but you are authorized to bring your own security forces if you wish - unlike the Natsirt, who didn't ask for authorization, and will likely bring whatever they like regardless. Bloody aliens have no respect for proper hosts these days."OOC: Given that it's been, what, 30 hours? More? Something like that, anyway, since my ship began moving to where the Alizarin scout is, it's safe to assume it's reached where said scout is.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

PAGE FIFTY?Celebration is in order for the only person being killed thusfar is Xom.

What do you think this is?IC:The team of scientists were ready for the aliens to begin arriving; several holographic projectors and several data blocks sat ready and waiting. The chief scientist, who was fairly old but had a young body, had bright green scales under his clothes; a simple business robe which a human might compare to a kimono with extra holes; this garb showed his ethnicity, being from the Laki Jungle. He was a calm person, but like many Syrrinx, Greed was his sin.

-Rover

"A memo was sent to Astaria asking if it would at all be possible to make a flying goat."

"The Astarians responded that making a goat fly would be trivial; making it land safely would be another matter entirely."

OOCWow. The Natsirt ask a simple question, then say fine when they get the answer, and the Diemawr think that they're going just be completely disrespectful and not honor the wishes of the hosts.Remind me to tread carefully with them; they seem to take offense at the slightest thing and jump to conclusions quickly.IC [Ath/Head Admiral]The fleet materialized six million kilometers from Ath, thrusters burning as they began their approach to the world.

voidstars.png

OOC: The Diemawr are just a little bit thick. I keep saying it, but somehow no-one believes me. They're clever and stupid all at the same time.IC(Diemawr Security): The TAP ships were given the go-ahead to land near a given set of coordinates on the planet. Two medium ships were plainly visible above the planet, and more were waiting in adjacent systems, waiting for the first sign of trouble to jump in and sort things out.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

OOCI hereby declare the Diemawr to be the Clever Rock people.IC [Ath/Head Admiral]The ships continued towards the planets, docking procedures taking place to transfer the Natsirt personal, including the Head Admiral, to the smaller vessels that could go through the atmosphere. The Last Breath of the Enemy would remain in orbit, keeping an eye on things while the delegation went down below.

voidstars.png

OOC: Since you did all of that while I was gone, Tyrii shipped out to Citamgine beforehand to be part of the delegation to Ath.And when messing with my ships stick the names with them so I can keep track of them.

Edited by Revolutionary Saint Kothra
misaka_76_banner_800.jpg

OOCSorry mate; trying to keep things moving xDOh, and you need to IC the comm officer.Ship list over Natsirt territory and stuff upcoming still.

voidstars.png

OOCYeah, the stuff in the quotes.

voidstars.png

IC(3-13): Commander Moruma took the datapad and quickly scanned it. He ordered the comms officer to open a channel to the planet they were approaching."Attention unidentified aliens of this sector," he said loudly and clearly these are ships of the Kalarii Federation and the Trilateral Alliance of Planets. We mean no harm and wish to open negotiations with you. We request a work-up of your language to aid in translation."He closed the channel himself and leaned back in his seat with a sigh.

misaka_76_banner_800.jpg

OOCTAP FLEET PLACEMENT OVER THE NATSIRT EMPIRE:Citamgine (1-1)Lutra; KaoruEversmanii Cluster; HeremodHomeworld; Knowledge of StrengthHomeworld; Knowledge of WisdomValiant Cluster; UnstoppableNew Lleh (1-2)Homeworld; Knowledge of CourageValiant Cluster; UnwaveringSicarii;New Llaf (1-39)Sicarii;Praesedii;New Llor (1-40)-none-'Fraid I haven't had time to review Lloyd's ship names yet.EDIT: Realized I only have eight Valiant vessels.

voidstars.png

OOC: Considering that there are only two Eversmanii clusters and two Lutrae in existence, I don't see how a Lutra can be over Ath and Citamgine and Eversmanii over 1-13 and Citamgine at the same time.

misaka_76_banner_800.jpg

OOCBlarg, typo on my part. I just pulled it from the last industry reports, forgot to edit in recent events. I'll do so.So the Nio No Miya is the one at Ath, and as you stated last page, the cluster Ecqwela is at 3-13.

voidstars.png

IC [Ath/Head Admiral]The docking procedures had completed, the Last Breath of the Enemy taking a high orbit while the two smaller vessels continued their descent, heading into the atmosphere with the Natsirt contingents onboard. The Head Admiral had gone on the Imperium vessel, waiting in the disembark area in his armor. While him and his men had no weapons, if a fight broke out, the armor would absorb much of the beating and the hydraulics would allow them to make a sizable hole in about anything not armored itself.

voidstars.png

IC(Diemawr Security): In addition to the company of troops providing security for the meeting itself, spaceport security was also present and waiting to greet the new arrivals - though, unlike the security at the meeting, the weapons these troops carried were live. The dome and spires of the city's Conclave hall were clearly visible to the alien ships now approaching the spaceport.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

IC: The Cerulean-class ship Honour was sent to the scientific meeting on Ath. It could carry more personnel, both scientists and soldiers. The scientists would be in one of the standard mass-transport aquariums to allow them to discuss matters amongst themselves, but the defensive troops would be in a modified version of the old containment suits.It didn't take it long to reach the new Diemawr planet, where it requested permission to dockIC: As the Diemawr ship joined them, the Bringer of Sight prepared to make the jump into Sector 3. Once again they broadcasted the indigo-to-violet counter to the Diemawr so they could jump together

7AOYGDJ.jpg

OOC: If there's no Alizarin Ship called the Blind Seer I am going to headbutt somebody.IC:A Syrrinx comedy troupe has released a sketch mocking the recent changeover to alien leadership, with the quickly memetic line "I for one welcome our new Diemawr overlords!"

-Rover

IC [Ath/Head Admiral]The Imperium vessel had cut through the atmosphere and landed on the planet below, the Kalarii vessel following behind. Upon landing, the Imperium and Natsirt representatives left the vessel, stepping onto the docking platform. The Head Admiral looked around, spotting the security forces, but keeping a steady pace nonetheless. There was nothing to hide, after all.

voidstars.png

IC:The Air/Spaceport had once been Syrrinx, and that was evident in its design. A baroque tower stood at the edge of roughly a square kilometer of runways. Near one end of the runway stood a large, squat, rectangular building, in a style very contrasting to the traffic control tower. Brushed steel and glass were the style in question, and looking closely, one could see several thousand Syrrinx(and presumably a few Diemawr) milling about, hurrying to get to their flights, some pausing to look at the obviously alien starship that had just landed.

-Rover

IC(2-8): The Kalarii representative Tyrii Ranerei stepped forth from the exit platform of the Nio no Miya surrounded by four Kalarii Astei trained as diplomatic bodyguards. Each Astei wore the standard grey and black combat armour of the Federation and carried both a bullpup rifle and a short sword. Ambassador Ranerei herself carried a longer ceremonial blade--a symbol of her status--but just as capable a weapon as the soldiers' weapons. She would not be surprised if they were ordered to turn in their weapons, at the very least the rifles, but she had them carried anyway.The Kalarii delegation closely followed the Natsirt with the Astei keeping pace while Tyrii began to constantly lag behind; her attention caught up in the alien architecture.

misaka_76_banner_800.jpg

IC [Citamgine/Medical Personal]In the grand capital of the Empire, while people milled about and craft flew throughout the sky, in one three kilometer sky scraper a meeting was going on. The insignia on it's side would of told anyone that it was the headquarters of the Interstellar Medical Aid and Research Center, if they had lived on Citamgine at least. Before it had served only Natsirt; with first contact and the formation of the TAP, Kalarii and the occasional Osalieli wandered it's halls, both alien doctors and patients arriving here on a daily basis.The meeting was the main point of interest, though; hosted behind closed doors, various Natsirt doctors and a few military personal had come to discuss some serious matters. When the final doctor had arrived and taken her seat, the speaker began."Thank you all for coming on such short notice," he said loudly and clearly. "As the memo said, this meeting is being hosted because of a social change that had begun. Some of you might be aware that Natsirt society is beginning to truly unify, with the societal ideals and norms becoming constant throughout all the colonies. This by itself is not a bad thing; however, due to alien contact and alien ideals, as well as the economic crisis, former minorities have risen up to become majorities. Unfortunately, one of the minor religious sects have done this. Natsirt at large do not believe in going to questionable extremes to live life to the fullest now; however, our massive population growth is not slowing down.""This is a problem?" A random doctor asked."As it stands, spread across four worlds, the Natsirt population is sitting at forty billion people. Soon we may have fifty billion. This is not sustainable; New Lleh use to be able to supply the food for the colonies, but now it's farming capacity is being pushed to the limits. New Llaf's terraforming processes will allow it to begin producing more farmland, and New Llor is proving exceptionally productive for a certain variety of seafood, but we are coming at a peak. There are plans for a whole three more colonies, but it will only delay the problem to ship our people en mass to other worlds.""Solutions?""Nothing that wouldn't cause another rebellion; we've considered limiting marriage but that would work for all of two minutes. Licenses for children would cause the population to riot. We are left with the only options of delaying the inevitable for as long as possible, hopefully until society changes.""Until then?""We haven't reached the point of where people will notice it yet food-wise; people have managed to disperse over the colonial worlds and only Citamgine is suffering from city overpopulation. Our food growth should barely keep us in check for a few more years, assuming we keep colonizing these worlds. Assuming we keep colonizing space, we should be able to outlast this for maybe a decade. After that, it's anyone's guess."

voidstars.png

IC: The Treanuan ship, an unarmed small craft, arrived, setting down on the port. A Tsui'nau in a "bubble", surrounded by four Sui'Malo, ornately armored with glowing orange projections. The honor guards' suits completely sealed them in, allowing them to breathe, and they carried simple staves, not the electro kind. These weapons were a cross between a single-edges sword and a spear, and the guards were adept at using them. However, should they be asked, they would turn them in.But these weren't the only weapons they carried- just the only obvious ones.The group moved to where the delegates were beginning to gather, the bubble floating along as the Sui'Malo walked on their four leg like tentacles.

Well, would you just look at that?

bread.gif

I'm a piece of toast.

Alex: The Syrrinx solved that problem by having a huge, bloody war with lots of civilian casualties ever two or three generations. Not sure what'll happen now that the Diemawr are in charge.

-Rover

OOCThe Natsirt have basically been sitting at about four billion for the last thousand years or so; everytime their population began to spike, a nuclear war happened, so overpopulation hasn't actually been a problem until, like, the last decade.Meanwhile, TAP meetings are going on, discussing secret stuff and such. Actual convos are over in AIM. Have a good day.

voidstars.png

OOC: The Diemawr solve population problems by having a low rate of reproduction and shipping off excess people to colonies.IC(Spaceport Security): Each group of aliens landing at the spaceport was approached by a group of three power-armored Diemawr lead by a fourth wearing standard body armor. The leader of each squad of guards looked over each member of the alien delegation, taking careful note of visible weapons."You will be required to check all weapons with Spaceport security staff. Your personal security guards will be permitted to retain non-lethal weapons only. Any attempts to sneak weapons past us will be looked down upon rather strongly."---The Alizarin ship was given the coordinates for the same Spaceport as the other delegations, with instructions on where to land within the Spaceport.IC(Sector 6): As before, the Diemawr ship followed the lead of the Alizarin ship, making the jump a fraction of a second after the Alizarin.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

IC:There had been some grumbling about the replacement of private security forces with Diemawr ones in prominent locations such as this. Wild rumors were flying, that many former security contractors had joined the slowly forming bands of mercenaries that were the remains of the Syrrinx Army.IC: Defiance IndustriesA report was submitted to the Lord President's desk, containing a detailed analysis of Defiance Industries' production capabilities. Their facilities were spread throughout the remains of the republic, but chiefly located on Calinar. A full Lance of each class of mechs was on hand at the Calinar Proving Grounds, for inspection, and factories were ready to continue producing the old mechs, or roll out new designs as the Diemawr needed. Worryingly, though, not a single mech had returned from active service of the Syrrinx Army. Roughly six hundred battlemechs of varying classes were now in possession of a large group who had simply dropped off the radar.

-Rover

IC: The report from Defiance Industries was acknowledged - Diemawr engineers would be on-site to inspect the pre-made Syrrinx designs within the week. Meanwhile, the Diemawr military was quietly working on trying to find the remnants of the Syrrinx Army.

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

IC [Ath/High Admiral]The admiral looked his delegation over, then at the Osalieli, and then at the Kalarii. The only ones carrying obvious weapons were the Kalarii, though the admiral couldn't blame them."While I can't say the same for our Kalarii friends, my delegation is clean of weapons. You may run whatever scan you wish; you'll find nothing."Nothing but the occasional cybernetic implant, but those wouldn't be considered weapons.

voidstars.png